Zynga please allow us to remove "friends"

ljwilkinsljwilkins Forum TravellerRegistered User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

Haven't seen this request in a while, so I thought I'd put the plea out again. I have 400+ "friends" to ask for items, yet only about 150 now play. There has never been (to my knowledge) a way to remove the defunct players. Really want to get them off the list. Please!

Comments

• Jewels99Jewels99 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,030 Pet Queen

Post these in SUGGESTIONS area.

That is where ideas and things go.

I know on the neighbor thing and more and have a full box on my Zynga side of people that I played other Z games with long long long ago and many have no clue who they are in my ask list or such.

I know another game I played Pioneer Trail formerly Frontierville. We had it where could go in and remove people and I had removed a bunch and few months later wham they are all back and Z had broken the neighbor removal thing or messed it all up

Now we have hide people on neighbor bar and such. I know on neighbor bar all those people are not there that are in my ask list. So would love to just be able to remove people from it too

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,481 Lord of the Forums

I submitted a request for over 200 people to be removed. They told me that it would take awhile, and that I can't have them as hidden neighbors. It's been 2 months now. I checked in after 6 weeks and they said it's still will be awhile. I'll probably give up.

• ljwilkinsljwilkins Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

I actually put in in bugs on purpose - I have seen it in suggestions for years and no action has been taken. As a former IT PM, when there is something that your clients hate, and have repeatedly requested you fix over a long period of time, it is now a bug. At least that was my view - and the technical guys knew it. One fix, that cannot be that difficult, and they would make a lot of people happy.

• Jewels99Jewels99 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,030 Pet Queen

I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope of many things with this game being fixed either way

Know all too well the ways of Zynga

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@ljwilkins said:
    Haven't seen this request in a while, so I thought I'd put the plea out again. I have 400+ "friends" to ask for items, yet only about 150 now play. There has never been (to my knowledge) a way to remove the defunct players. Really want to get them off the list. Please!

Sometimes, you can go to your profile page, look up who you want, and get rid of them. I can once in a while, but no more then 1 a day.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@Jewels99 said:
    Post these in SUGGESTIONS area.

That is where ideas and things go.

I know on the neighbor thing and more and have a full box on my Zynga side of people that I played other Z games with long long long ago and many have no clue who they are in my ask list or such.

I know another game I played Pioneer Trail formerly Frontierville. We had it where could go in and remove people and I had removed a bunch and few months later wham they are all back and Z had broken the neighbor removal thing or messed it all up

Now we have hide people on neighbor bar and such. I know on neighbor bar all those people are not there that are in my ask list. So would love to just be able to remove people from it too

When you hide someone, you are the only person who does not see them. They can still visit your farm. This is a joke !

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 3,481 Lord of the Forums

@Aussiegilz said:
    I recommend if you want friends removed in bulk - have support remove all of them at once and then add back those you want to keep - they will typically do it that way in a couple of minutes over picking thru a long list of players - they cannot remove the ones that game has coded in however - these are typically dead accounts - ones you don't know where they came from or you shared other games with but they never played this one. I assume due to this coding is probably why we will never see the option to manage our own friends and neighbors but it doesn't hurt to ask and keep asking.

This is probably what's going on with mine then and why it'll take them awhile. I didn't realize that. Also would explain why I try to search for these people in my friends list and they don't show up. Also the ones I want to get rid of are also neighbors. Stinks that I have to have them unhidden until they get it done. I would like to add other people. But also there's a problem with that. I've had Colleen and Kathleen as friends and they never appear in the list when I want to add them as a neighbor.

• Tonya ScanlonTonya Scanlon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,786 The Chosen One

i have removed aload of friends n went into my profile to remove them from there only to find that 3 of them were actually the same player n yet i cant hide them on my neighbour bar yet other neighbours i can n this is so annoying ok i wont be able to request items from them but would like them off my neighbour bar so i can put friends in that actually play also y is it that if u decide to stop playing the game n then come back but u start over again y dont/cant they remove themselves

ADD ME: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73133723379?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    DAILY PLAYER WHO HELPS WITH ANY HELP REQUESTS SENT