Inbox Differences with FaceBook vs zynga servers

Mom24Mom24 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 350 The One Who Knows it All

Checked Inbox for both. Huge variances found.

FB Total 773 (43 Gifts/390 Help Requests/773 Notifications)
zyngagames Total 206 (3 Gifts/110 Help Requests/93 Notifications)

Cleared cache, thinking that might be the culprit.

FB Total 920 (46 Gifts/458 Help Requests/826 Notifications)
zyngagames Total 302 (6 Gifts/162 Help Requests/133 Notifications)

Help me understand this please.

Comments

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,688 The Chosen One

It is two totally different inboxes. The things you request while you are in FB, goes usually to FB. The things you request from Zynga goes to Zynga.
    Same goes from your friends. If they send/request to you while in FB it goes fo FB and so on.

• Mom24Mom24 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 350 The One Who Knows it All

@CarlEddy said:
    It is two totally different inboxes. The things you request while you are in FB, goes usually to FB. The things you request from Zynga goes to Zynga.
    Same goes from your friends. If they send/request to you while in FB it goes fo FB and so on.

I see things in both Inboxes from both sets of players. Example: FaceBook friends are in my zynga Inbox, as are zFriend in my FaceBook Inbox. (And I have only a handful of active players who are friends on FaceBook - which if you look at my numbers in my 1st post doesn't adhere to your explanation, sorry).
    This is a screenshot of FaceBook Inbox Help Requests from zFriends, who are not my FaceBook friend:

I grant you that I cannot visit zFriends while on FaceBook's server - they don't show in the neighbor bar. Neither do they show up as Farmhands with their zynga avatars.

• Mom24Mom24 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 350 The One Who Knows it All

Cleared both Inboxes all the way to zero simultaneously.
    Now Facebook shows 489 Total, zynga shows 147 Total.

edited March 2018

@Aussiegilz said:
    From my experience/testing - if you are playing on Zynga you are getting copies of what is on your facebook mail server - if Bob sends you a widget and asks for a gizmo on facebook you will get those in your Zynga mail but when you go back to facebook those messages will still be there - you won't get an additional gizmo and Bob won't get a second widget as they've already been answered but the game apparently cannot remove the mail when it's forwarded. You may have to get together with people from both platforms and test your own mail boxes like I did if you want to be sure you know how yours works. I don't bother with FB much - but I pop over to empty out my mail once a week - so far non of my FB friends have noticed they aren't getting stuff from me so all is good if I stick to Zynga - if you frequently bounce between platforms you may be confusing the program enough that it's not keeping up properly but you will need to do the testing with your friends to find out.

I have 4 (four) Facebook friends who play. I have 2200+ zFriends. Almost all of the stuff in the FaceBook Inbox was/is from zFriends. I did notice newer/newly added zFriends in the FaceBook Inbox that I had not seen at all in the zynga Inbox. After emptying both Inboxes multiple times I see those over in the zyngagames Inbox.

I appreciate you trying to help though.

PS: As my game was loading for zyngagames I did see one of the little notices in lower left browser corner say "waiting on www.fb1" ... (didn't catch it all but it's the FaceBook Farmville link)
    I only pop into FaceBook to get a gift if i get a notification, starting last week. I do not play on my farm since you lose your visitors from zynga server.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

My facebook side is different from my Zynga side. Yes I may have some of the same neighbors on both sides but my FB neighbors show there and my Zfriends show on Zynga side.

Plus on Zynga side my list if I ask someone for something is way more full than on FB side which has more FB neighbors. My Zfriends are not listed on the FB side probably because either only play there or something.

You can have people you may have accepted as a neighbor from your co op or something as well in your list etc.

But yes I do check both sides of game to clear both inboxes. I don't pay attention to fact I have 900 mails in Zynga and 200 in FB. I just clear

I only really play on FB on Tuesdays to start the Weekly Mission as I need less items if I start there as compared to if I started mission on Zynga.

Or maybe some other things may make me play at FB side.

But it is rare