National Fair - not making minimum points

nige1875nige1875 Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 877 Grand Poohbah

I see a lot of posts about deliberately 'not trying' and dropping a level or two in the fair to make the leagues more even. I do this myself when needed too, but something I've been curious about for a while...
I always make sure I make the 'minimum points' - I think it's usually a few thousand (without checking), but what would happen if you didn't achieve this? Would you just drop a level as usual, or completely drop out of National Fair eg. back to State and have to start all over?

Comments

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums

On my farm, the minimum points get me speed boost. So I try to at least achieve that. Otherwise, it's just points compared with other people's points. And what position you finish in. I was trying to drop levels, and it's hard. I dropped a couple over time, but now I'm in with people who play even less, so I'm finishing in the top 6 consistently, once I even moved up because I finished 3rd. It's been weeks of trying to drop, and I can't seem to drop. I suppose if I re-engaged and tried hard to win, after a couple few weeks, my farm would reset, and the players with me would have similar points, and it would become hard again to move up.

As for dropping back to the county fair, I suppose it's possible. It would probably take not playing at all, but signing in on Thursdays, to continue to drop. It's really become impossible for me to drop. Been at it for a couple months now, ever since the national fair came out.

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 877 Grand Poohbah

Thanks @thousandays. Although memories of the early days of the fair are a bit hazy now lol, I remember we had to reach a minimum target in County fair to advance.
    Similarly I notice in National fair I have to make a minimum number of points - I had assumed to stay qualified for that fair and just wondered what happened if I didn't.

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums

I have neighbors that have made it to the national fair (I see the color around their photo), and they have dropped back to state fair, so it's entirely possible you'll drop back to state depending on your ranking.

Thanks again @thousandays, it's quite possible I guess to drop out of the particular fair. Was just curious, but don't particularly want to take the risk of finding out for the sake of a few thousand points.

• matantisimatantisi Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,789 The Chosen One

I never really bother about the fair, but doing WW and crop circles meant that my farm was being run much more efficiently, and I've been using the winter farm a lot. (It was a big help with crop circles.) Then I won a sapphire shovel (not sure how) and used it. I also got some cows and horses with decent pedigrees, so I bred them. I managed to level twice this week, and suddenly, I have over 90K points for the fair. I usually have about 3 or 4K! It's going to take weeks to drop back to a reasonable level!

Add Me
    I clear my request inbox at least once a day (except for baby bottles).

• judychambersjudychambers Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 1,621 The Chosen One

the top 3 advance, the 4th remains the same and 5 thru 8 drop down a level at least on my farm

How funny how things are different farm to farm. 4-7 stay the same on my farm. Only 8 drops down. I know because I've been actively trying to drop down and finished 7th many times, yet didn't drop. Even though the description tells me that anything below 6 will drop.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,360 Lord of the Forums

@thousandays said:
    How funny how things are different farm to farm. 4-7 stay the same on my farm. Only 8 drops down. I know because I've been actively trying to drop down and finished 7th many times, yet didn't drop. Even though the description tells me that anything below 6 will drop.

True. I've been in sixth or seventh the past two weeks, and I haven't dropped.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

Sorry, just to explain the bit I meant - I have to get 4000 points to retain legendary medal and wondered what would happen if I didn't. Assuming you need legend status to be in the National fair, would I drop out completely? Just curious as I say, I wouldn't want to find out lol.

edited December 2017

@thousandays and @Susy Elizabeth - I know Zynga likes vary things up a bit for players, but had no idea they did it with the fair too?

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,360 Lord of the Forums

@nige1875 said:
    Sorry, just to explain the bit I meant - I have to get 4000 points to retain legendary medal and wondered what would happen if I didn't. Assuming you need legend status to be in the National fair, would I drop out completely? Just curious as I say, I wouldn't want to find out lol.

nige, if you don't make 4000 points, you won't get the Double Time. However, that does not indicate that you would drop out completely. At least, that's what I think. Or perhaps if you drop, you would only drop one level. Sorry if I made this more confusing for you.

@nige1875 said:
    @thousandays and @Susy Elizabeth - I know Zynga likes vary things up a bit for players, but had no idea they did it with the fair too?

I know, huh. It's always like a hit and a miss with Zynga. You never know. Until it actually happens. Or does not, in this case. :D

@Susy Elizabeth, no not confusing, really appreciate your thoughts on it. Just wanted to throw the question out there to see if anyone had experienced it.