The County/State Fair [Official Discussion/Feedback]

The Sun SummonerThe Sun Summoner Super ModeratorSuper Moderator Posts: 1,109 Moderator
edited February 2018 in FarmVille 2 Discussion

Share your feedback regarding the County/State Fair.

Comments

• PalupoPalupo Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 651 Dedicated Go Getter

well they may be higher by level but if they play just some days in the week they are not going to have many points , so often i dont even make a cut for the recruitments.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

DO NOT make the Fair a competition. Don't buy shovels, just play to make your quota or something. If you buy the shovels and more things and try to keep up it won't be much fun.

Play the game way you see and not make it a competition. Playing easy with the fair may put you in a group that you can play against

I have not had anyone way too high as some have mentioned maybe 10 to 12,000 and as said I play the fair as I wish and not make it a competition to be ME FIRST ME FIRST all time.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

There is an announcement at the top of the page, please post in that one also.

• napabethnapabeth Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 378 Social Snowflake

the prizes are so paltry the Fair should not stress you out... do other activities in the game instead

• ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums

For what it's worth - New year - new thread - let me just say...

There is only one day a week that I pay any attention to the fair, and that's during double time.
    I only use my best shovel during double time, then no shovels the rest of the week.
    I never buy shovels, I only use the ones I win.
    I intentionally take days off from farming to keep my score lower. I average approximately the same amount of points every single week, and routinely come in top 3.

I am often pitted against lower levels, but this should not bother my competition. I only utilize 50% of the plots available to me. So while the person in 2nd place may only be level 160, we literally have the same amount of plots on our farms.

I find myself in carts with people who also average the same amount of points per week that I do. It's often a close call when no one has a special shovel at all.

With all this information, I would summarize it to say that the more you do, the more you will continue to have to do to stay ahead in the fair. Try intentionally tanking a couple of weeks so that you will find yourself in a lower point getting group, then try to stay within those points.

Even with a 5x shovel, once I've hit a certain fair score, I will stop playing/stop fertilizing/stop planting altogether.

It does help to have a pedigree 5 cow and a pedigree 5 horse ready to raise during double time. Although their points are not doubled, you can raise one, open your fair cart to trigger your double time (otherwise it gets stuck and/or looks like points are not added), THEN harvest the 24 hour crops you planted yesterday. That way, every single prized you find from that harvest comes up during double time.

For more information on fair points, visit this thread :)
    State Fair Points: Crops, Trees, and Pedigrees

Just done.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums
    It's bait and fertilizer... Bait and fertilizer!

I don't get the appeal. I mean, if you're gonna spend money on the game, skip the stress and bs go straight to just buying something cute and fluffy.

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• napabethnapabeth Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 378 Social Snowflake

I am sure the Fair is a big source of money for Zynga for competitive types. they will never drop it

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

@napabeth said:
    I am sure the Fair is a big source of money for Zynga for competitive types. they will never drop it

Lot of my friends' WHO USED to play, the fair was the reason they don't buy fbs any more, the reason they don't play anymore. They are no doubt losing money because so many people have left the game.
    Get rid of the Fairs, yes plural.

hear,hear, Colleen, Lord of the Forums! Why is Zynga giving such cheap prizes for the Fair now? hard times I fear in the gaming industry!

• donkz73donkz73 This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

The prizes are so poor I'm amazed players put so much effort into the fair. Eventually the players who spend cash on shovels will wake up to the fact that they are spending real $ to win bait and fertilizer. If this feature is going to continue it might be a good idea to improve the rewards.

• Joan WoodJoan Wood Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 26 Clueless Cookie

I don't buy shovels play only what I win but my gripe is the people who are playing with me are at least 50 levels higher so 1st 2nd and 3rd are thousands higher than me how is this fair Zynga and yes the prizes are rubbish unless you win!! won't bother to play for now on!!

• TheFarmGirlTheFarmGirl Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 795 Aged to Perfection

I like the Fair. I mean... I like that it's there, wouldn't want it to go away, unless there would be something better in exchange. And it's not like I compete or something, I'm not very competitive and ambitious... Yes, when I see I have a chance to get into the first 3, I play a bit differently but if not, I couldn't care less. I think of it as a nice bonus. Yeah, most of the time we only get fert and bait but every once in a while something better shows up and that's something I would miss if it went away. Plus I do like it that I gather points and see myself somewhere on the list. Even if I'm 7th I can play not to be 8th ;)

New friends are always welcome but don't send neighbor requests, I'm not accepting any.
    FB
    Zynga

• sharonkrsharonkr On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,446 The Boss

I get anything other than bait, fert or fuel so seldom, it is hardly even worth thinking about. I did get a cow last week - and that was a nice surprise - but as Anya said, I can just buy a cute LE animal if I want one. I do fairly often - it's the only thing I save farmbucks for (except the occasional early release).

This week, because of a diamond shovel I got from a starter pack and breeding during double time, I am in such a ridiculously high lead that most of the other players will think I'm a cheater. I actually feel guilty about it.

Add me as zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/36629694192?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

ONLY accepting zfriends. Not accepting new neighbors right now because I don't have time to visit the ones I have and because we can't delete them anymore. Sorry!

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums

I have ignored the fair from the beginning. I don't breed, plan nor plant for it. I don't even know the scores of my "competition" until I'm on the podium. I sure as heck don't buy shovels, not even the coin one.

On Thursdays, I get a random number of consumables maybe something else...couldn't tell you what because I pay little attention, but hey they're free. It can stay, it can go... I don't care.

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here