Getting Fed Up

Caz GarawayCaz Garaway Not a Title, but a StarRegistered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon

Well, I've been playing a couple of years now and am starting to feel the strain. I have to produce more and more to reach goals, be they weekly or special. The Halloween Costume one is kinda the 'straw'. Have to produce far more 24 hour crops than I can do with my farm set up, within the time, don't have enough speed grow etc to reach these goals. I'm starting to think that my time here is over. Don't know why the numbers I have to achieve have gone up so much. I've still got the Puppy one and the Cat one incomplete on my farm.
I also wish I could get rid of players who are 'friends' that really aren't or are no longer playing, or just happen to have had a go once a long time ago and are a Facebook friend of mine. I'm assuming that there is a correlation between the number of friends and the amount of stuff you have to complete.
So really this is just a general whinge about Farmville 2 in general. I'd love to know how the rest of you cope with unobtainable numbers on quests. Should I just start ignoring them (very hard to do, not in my nature!) Or should I just bow out gracefully before I start to hate the game.
I think the Dev's have done a great job with this game and used to love it, but I have a life as well!!!

Comments

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

Myself I am at level 126 and have gotten through Most quests with no issue. Have not done a couple recently but as said the more friends you have and maybe level at and more they may ask more of you to achieve. Not everyone has the same amount or such with the tasks. It could be different. It may want you to water 500 strawberries and another may have water 240. I get through those with no issues. I water then clear then water again then clear etc.

Fertilize I water crop/fertilize sell crop or such then go through again. May put a one minute crop or such to use up the fertilization to plant more crops.

This is the way of the games with Z as they started easy enough to do and as time and the developers went with the game things would change and more and myself I left a good few of them because just couldn't keep up with how they had changed but now many of those games are gone with Z

FV2 I just play my game my way and don't let all the stress of other things with policing the game and more things get to me. If it is a quest think I can do as most have been I get through with most to get animal one time and some may get a few of the animal.

But as said I play my way if all the things are getting to you then it is up to you what you wish to do.

If I kept playing these games by Z's standards i would have no hair left or something. Would have pulled it all out trying to keep up with the way they were making the games.

• TheFarmGirlTheFarmGirl Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 795 Aged to Perfection

I usually ignore mine unless it gives me something I really want. With the puppies and cats I was doing it in my own speed. Yes, I hated it that I couldn't choose at the end but it was impossible for me to do it much faster so I stopped stressing about it and just did the planting for a few days or so. But really the posting was what was stopping me.
    Now with the Halloween thing... Only the first set of requirements was so high that I decided not to do it at all. Well, if I finish something "by accident", great. But I'm not going to chase it and fulfill ridiculous requirements. I hate Halloween anyway so this actually helped me to stay away from it. I would like to get that horse though, oh well.

My requirements are getting higher and higher. Don't really know what's causing it. It was best seen with one of the puppies where at the beginning the requirements were a lot lower than at the end. I guess the more you can fulfill, the more will be asked of you. Plus, yes, adding new neighbors does not help.

You can contact Customer Support about your neighbors. People here are saying that they can remove them for you. I can't say for myself because I contacted them and am in my 11th week of waiting for them to do it. I'm starting to loose all hope. But you may have better luck. It's worth a try anyway.

New friends are always welcome but don't send neighbor requests, I'm not accepting any.
    FB
    Zynga

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2,109 Lord of the Forums

I do believe Zynga increases requirements based on the number of friends you have where it thinks they play. I have quite a number of friends who maybe signed up for the game once but never play. And thus Zynga thinks they're eligible for me. They're not on my neighbor bar, but they're still in the FV2 friends list. I keep my neighbor bar deliberately low to make things easier.

I did the first town for this new Costume quest and was like, nope. This is not fun. I'd love to get the level up cert, but it's just not worth the stress. I would like leveling up to feel like a perk, not a punishment. Things definitely get harder and harder the higher level you are. I'm 133 now. But I miss the sub-100 days.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,047 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2016

Part of it is the size of your farm, some of it is your level. Part of it is also how often you play. Maybe in days a week, or hours a day... possibly both. But I think that they just throw a random wrench in the works once in awhile to see if a person will grab for the farm bucks.

I find that having low number of neighbors (I have a grand total of two) and infrequent playtimes (usually I only login if the quests rewards or Events are interesting) typically gives me reasonably easy requirements. Playing more, often follows with a small ramp up in difficulty. If it starts to seem like I'll need to play more than I'm comfortable with... I just take another break.

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• bspicebspice Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

I too have found the Halloween quest very difficult and unreasonable, wish I had not started it. I always try but this is really hard, one quest was harvest 241 broccoli, which I did then the next thing was harvest 241 pumpkins. The next set of quests was raise 4 donkeys, then the next one to come up said raise 4 cows. Very hard when the limit is 12 baby bottles. I also feel that I have had enough of this game, its really stopped being fun. Sorry to vent my moans but I do feel better now._

• FluffnsttuffFluffnsttuff Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 60 Captain Obvious

I have stopped playing every day. Until the Halloween Party came out. My requirements are crazy 912 Broccoli harvest on the last town. 52 pigs feed and 53 oranges on the last. Glad it is almost over and I had no fun with this quest. Out of Fb's, eggs, wool .milk and horse shoes. I usually love playing this time of year with Halloween. Decorate the farm and see what new comes out. Not this year. Seems they are pushing me away. I had saved up some Fbs for buying some Halloween stuff but nope does not look like that will happen. I did see they added some stuff in the market after I went through my Fbs. Zynga keep up with these requirements and you will lose people. Challenge is one thing, being crazy is just being crazy. I am past fed up and will soon take another break. Last break was over 2 months, the next I do wander if I will return.

• ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2016

@bspice said:
    I too have found the Halloween quest very difficult and unreasonable, wish I had not started it. I always try but this is really hard, one quest was harvest 241 broccoli, which I did then the next thing was harvest 241 pumpkins. The next set of quests was raise 4 donkeys, then the next one to come up said raise 4 cows. Very hard when the limit is 12 baby bottles. I also feel that I have had enough of this game, its really stopped being fun. Sorry to vent my moans but I do feel better now._

I completely understand your frustration but there are ways to work with the bottle issue.
    For starters, check out the link in my signature.

Zynga wants you to spend a lot of time on this. They do not want you to get it done in a day.
    No matter how many plots you have, they will ask for more crops than you can do in one round.
    For "fertilize" and "water" tasks, you can do the deco trick on single plots, it will not work on fields (plant, water, drop deco on those plots, replace them, lather, rinse, repeat).
    You can actually skip the harvesting tasks if you cant be bothered or don't need broccoli. There are 3 other squares to choose from.

At some point during the tasks you may find yourself deadlocked - perhaps you really don't want to do the broccoli so that's 1, and another wants post items that you already clicked for a previous task - for one you may need baby bottles you've run out of - and the final task might be use farmhands, which you just did and you know you can't for at least another 8 hours.

This doesn't mean it's hard - this just means you should come back tomorrow!
    And that is zynga's ultimate goal. To keep you coming back.

I recommend you dont stress. Only work on it once a day, then ignore it till tomorrow. They give you several weeks to complete it for a reason.

If you consider it a side project, then anything you get from it, is a bonus!! and if you don't complete it, so what. I'm sure you got at least one Half hour water out of it, yes?

Just done.

• FluffnsttuffFluffnsttuff Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 60 Captain Obvious

I approach the game this way Forevever and normally do not pay for early release but this time I did and think that is why I was stressed with this quest. I do wish the tasks were not so much timed to get the bonus'. I would like to take this time to thank you for your "get to know your inbox". I read it long ago and it helped me a ton :) Any one having bottle problems really should take the time to read your signature :)

• gordonnegordonne Lord of the Forums Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,782 Lord of the Forums

lets be honest, requirements are getting higher and higher and much more difficult cause so many 24/7 players keep complaining there is nothing to do and they are the ones that buy farm bucks, Zynga really has no interest in the casual player that does not spend real money, and thats understandable, they are a business. the best solution for the rest of us, is to either do what you can and skip the outrageous stuff, or move on to a different game - - right now I am on the fence here, still doing the weekly build-it and the Tuesday quest, but skipped the Halloween thing, way to time consuming, never finished the last cat or the dog, and never trained the kids completely when the weekly stuff gets out of hand, I will move on there are a couple other games i play and they are a lot less stressful, at least at the moment

• anpusantianpusanti Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 71 Black Sheep of ze Internet

I have started to play more like Forever, and some of the fun has returned to me, that is why I am currently still playing...give it a try. I am not saying I won't take a break in the future, but as for now, I complete the quests that give me what I would like and the rest I do not stress over. Works much better.
    :)

• sharonkrsharonkr On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,446 The Boss

I wouldn't stress over the Halloween spooky thingy but to get all the prizes, it requires 6 families done within the time frame. and they are getting harder. I'm going to relax for a few days and hope the last one will be easier than the others. I'm no longer having fun at this.

Add me as zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/36629694192?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

ONLY accepting zfriends. Not accepting new neighbors right now because I don't have time to visit the ones I have and because we can't delete them anymore. Sorry!

• bspicebspice Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 247 Gabby Enthusiast

I feel a lot better reading everyones' comments, I feel not alone now! Thank you everyone.

• hcplayerhcplayer Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,164 Lord of the Forums

I've decided to give up on the spooky stand. I can't get any green twine. All of the temp posts are spent, and nobody is clicking on mine. The rewards for the spooky stand are not worth it, anyway.

But the shadow theater--what an absolute delight! It's a reasonable thing to go through it a couple of times to get enough animals that you can get a blue ribbon without tying up a spot on the farm FOREVER, and better still, the animation is adorable. I don't know if they just added music, but today I heard this really wonderful music during one of the acts. It's one of the better games, I think.

• hcplayerhcplayer Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,164 Lord of the Forums

If you have enough friends, getting bottles should be no problem. When friends request bottles from you, you don't have to click on every request immediately. Click on 12, then go raise an animal. Come back to your box and click 12 more, &c.

• Gardengirl12Gardengirl12 The Chosen One Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,789 The Chosen One

As soon as I upgrade my barn, I plan to get away from all quests and the coop and just farm and make what I want to. It is not fun to have to stress over a game.

• Malecemi2Malecemi2 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,869 The Chosen One

I am planning to take a very long break from the game as soon as we have reached the last town on the coop map. Then it is goodbye for me, and I am planning not to return before summer 2017. Then I'll come back, see if it is playable again, if not I won't come back anymore. I am almost level 170 and I hate to leave my farm behind, but it is far too much time consuming and now with all the lags and freezing of the screen and no visitors just impossible to play.

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,365 Lord of the Forums

For all of you who are complaining about the high requirements, part of it is because we now have lots more sources to get super feed, speed grow, the numerous instagrow machines given out recently, all kinds of certificates, water, fertilizer, GF boosts, etc.,. When people whined about not being able to complete tasks because of lack of resources, they figured ways to give you more. When you have more, it only stands to reason that they will ask for more. It is the invisible hand working here. Do you really want to go back to the days when water was so scarce, and we had to guard our fertilizers like gold?

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• Scouser96ukScouser96uk Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 59 This Space is Available

This game used to be fun to play back in the day when you were competing against fellow neighbours, But it has just become a competition where you need to have farm bucks to buy pedigree animals, certain crops & the shovel mulitipliers to really get anywhere in this bug ridden game.
    Then there is the amount of things to do in game that frustrates several players : these are the 5 things currently within the game that we have to complete within a certain timescale to get the rewards - The Rooster Coup (for those still trying to finish it), The Shadow Theater, The Leaf Pressing Station, The Cornucopia Float & last but not least The Breeding Fair Booth ( which requires Pedigree 1 animals to complete stages 1 & 2 as far as I know of ).
    I for one will never pay real cash to buy farm bucks for this game.

• Malecemi2Malecemi2 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,869 The Chosen One
    edited October 2016

@Susy Elizabeth said:
    For all of you who are complaining about the high requirements, part of it is because we now have lots more sources to get super feed, speed grow, the numerous instagrow machines given out recently, all kinds of certificates, water, fertilizer, GF boosts, etc.,. Do you really want to go back to the days when water was so scarce, and we had to guard our fertilizers like gold?

Yes they are a good addition to the game, ( I do not have the instant grow ones) but unfortunately my computer can not handle this game anymore, I have 4gb or RAM and the game requires 8. Today I am removing all decorations and special fences from my farm and replace by regular wooden fences and hedges only, to hopefully make it load and run faster. I certainly am pleased that these days I do not have a lack of fertilizer. Water became scarce to me again for I can not visit neighbours anymore as it causes the game to crash. I have to do with the water on my farm, since I do not visit, I don't get visitors back anymore except for a few very loyal neighbours ( thanks!) so water is a problem for me as I can not restock like I want to. And I just got 2 new quests this morning, I don't know where they are coming from, but I won't be able to do them as i only play in weekends now.

• ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums
    edited October 2016

@Malecemi2 said:

@Susy Elizabeth said:
    For all of you who are complaining about the high requirements, part of it is because we now have lots more sources to get super feed, speed grow, the numerous instagrow machines given out recently, all kinds of certificates, water, fertilizer, GF boosts, etc.,. Do you really want to go back to the days when water was so scarce, and we had to guard our fertilizers like gold?

Yes they are a good addition to the game, ( I do not have the instant grow ones) but unfortunately my computer can not handle this game anymore, I have 4gb or RAM and the game requires 8. Today I am removing all decorations and special fences from my farm and replace by regular wooden fences and hedges only, to hopefully make it load and run faster. I certainly am pleased that these days I do not have a lack of fertilizer. Water became scarce to me again for I can not visit neighbours anymore as it causes the game to crash. I have to do with the water on my farm, since I do not visit, I don't get visitors back anymore except for a few very loyal neighbours ( thanks!) so water is a problem for me as I can not restock like I want to. And I just got 2 new quests this morning, I don't know where they are coming from, but I won't be able to do them as i only play in weekends now.

Getting rid of some deco did really help me out with the slowness (I'm also with 4GBRam) - but it seems like the main cause of the issues I have is expansions. The bigger my farm got, the slower it got.

I stored every possible piece of deco I could, and my load time really only decreased about 10% (down to 4.5 mins instead of the full 5 mins) - so I put a bunch of it back out. I still try to store anything unnecessary, but I also like to decorate - so there's quite a bit of clutter. But I like it that way and I dont want to give it up to save 30 seconds.

To compare, I did over-decorate my gourmet farm, which only has 6 total areas available, and only 4 of them opened up, and my farmer is like LIGHTNING over there. So size definitely matters in this case. ;)

I already made the mistake of expanding beyond my capabilities, now I have to live with it. But I'm not expanding any more, which frees up my favors for more important upgrades - like feed troughs and fields! Although I am suspicious of fields too. Since I bought 6 more recently, I am having more lag... but that could also be due to the firefox issues going on.... I won't really be able to store them to test the theory until the Firefox thing is completely sorted out.

Just done.