is rooster worth it???

peacepeace Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 576 Goldsmith

anyone got it?? is it worth a ton of bottles??

Comments

• gordonnegordonne Lord of the Forums Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,782 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 2016

I don't think so, right now for the 5 chickens i can currently raise I need 24 baby bottles, thats right 24, and I will get one special egg out of the mess - - this is beyond stupid, inventory only holds 12. oh and I can only take 6 off the feed before the old "sorry farmer" message
    about the only time I am desperate for water is after a bloom, and visiting neighbors gives me 10 a visit, JMO but I think the whole thing is garbage

• ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums

I thought it was worth it, but I usually have a ton of wasted bottles anyway.

If I only log in twice a day though, that's 40 bonus water x 28 = 1,120 extra water

Mostly I like it so I can accept more requests/gifts at a time without having to close the inbox to use up the first 30.

Just done.

• RosalieBlueRosalieBlue Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 660 Dedicated Go Getter

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. The first part was easy, because like @Forevever, I usually have a lot of bottles that end up getting wasted anyway, so I enjoyed being able to clear out more of my inbox than normal.

Now I'm on Part Two and since I only play twice a day, it looks as if it will take me 7-10 days to get that part finished as I need 2950 charm points for each square and I'm only on square #3. If Part Three happens to take twice as long as that, I don't even know if I"ll get the rooster before the time limit is up. The good news is that in Part Two I basically just have to do my normal farming to progress.

• matantisimatantisi Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,789 The Chosen One
    edited June 2016

I think it will be worth it. Since I manage my inbox as Forevever recommends, I always have enough bottles, and part 1 was easy. Part 2 took longer, but I was actually surprised at how fast it went. Part 3 is a pain, but we have five weeks to complete the 3 phases, so I just do a bit at a time; there's no reason to make myself nuts rushing to finish it. It is a nuisance that I've asked several hundred friends for the mini bows and rooster training pages I needs without getting a single one back, but I'll get there, and I'll appreciate the water.

Add Me
    I clear my request inbox at least once a day (except for baby bottles).

• 77mally7777mally77 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,299 Lord of the Forums

All that effort for 20 water seems like a bit much when you can get water really easy just for asking for it. JMO

• Sue Gallina-DettloffSue Gallina-Dettloff Party Starter Registered User Posts: 974 Guru of Mayhem

Geez...At first I was interested in this new feature, but now that I see what pt.2 and pt.3 are about, I think I'm gonna end up passing on this.

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 761 Aged to Perfection

I am on the hatching part (6 squares to go) with the tuning fork, need 3500 points each time. I have at least 20 abandoned farms with sprinklers on my neighbour bar - I think that is a lot easier way to get water than what it sounds like the feeding part of this quest entails. And for only 28 days...

I have to say I am really feeling burned out lately, may be time to take a break. The veggies, the butter bar, the nuptials, the dairy whatever, and now the rooster - it feels like a job, not play.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,846 Lord of the Forums

The Rooster can crow for all I care with this. Not doing it. Myself for a little water not worth.

• sharonkrsharonkr On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,446 The Boss

The extra water is nice, but it's really only worth it if we get to keep the rooster as decoration on the farm (without the coop). I had already gone for the early release when it became clear we weren't going to get to keep the rooster. Very disappointing. He's really nice.

Add me as zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/36629694192?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

ONLY accepting zfriends. Not accepting new neighbors right now because I don't have time to visit the ones I have and because we can't delete them anymore. Sorry!

• thirtyunicornthirtyunicorn Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 411 Forum Detective

are you able to get more than one rooster or does it disappear after you get the first one finished. im on the third part. first two parts wasnt too hard this one will take a bit, but in the time aloud I might have enough time to get two if they allow us to get a second one. just wondering.

• C LeeC Lee Party Starter Registered User Posts: 1,154 Assassin

Collen, I agree! LOL When will I ever learn to just walk away? I see something and oh, oh, must have it, must do it! Then I spend a week *itching about it!!

• Carol YCarol Y Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin

I am really disappointed. I thought we would get an actual rooster. That's the only reason I suffered through the whole thing. grrrrrrrr And by the way, the bottles are nothing compared to feeding it. My resources are depleted.

• Ursula CinquettiUrsula Cinquetti Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 437 Forum Detective

This charming part is getting to me. It's like the chicken is taking the longest possible route to get to the egg. I may keep up with it, but I might stop, especially if the 3rd part is the hardest.

• dragonmastdragonmast Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 22 Delightful Duckling

I didn't even get the Rooster Coop, Now after reading not sure I want it.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums

Really, can not believe we are doing this for.....a 28 day water boost !

• paulsgoddess1paulsgoddess1 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Definitely not worth the effort. I"ve had to harvest 335 strawberry, 146 strawberry potpourri, 98 fig honey tart, 65 totes, 98 journals and I'm not even half way through the 3rd part of this. I'll never buy early access again for something like this when I can do neighbor visits and get all the water I need. If Zynga comes up with a survey I'm going to give them an ear full.

• 77mally7777mally77 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,299 Lord of the Forums

@paulsgoddess1 said:
    Definitely not worth the effort. I"ve had to harvest 335 strawberry, 146 strawberry potpourri, 98 fig honey tart, 65 totes, 98 journals and I'm not even half way through the 3rd part of this. I'll never buy early access again for something like this when I can do neighbor visits and get all the water I need. If Zynga comes up with a survey I'm going to give them an ear full.

That Rooster would at the very least need to double my water amount for me to even attempt that. JMO