Some strange farms

PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum DetectiveRegistered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
edited January 2016 in FarmVille 2 Discussion
6) The farm that is full of trees, everywhere, and there is only a little strip of land for everything else. I don't get it.

Comments

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    7) The I'm-not-planting-squat farm - it is full of plots and fields neatly aligned, big farm with everything on it, many groves where all trees are always watered, but never a crop planted.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• gerrysmith2171966gerrysmith2171966 Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 75
    edited November 2015
    I noticed you are on my friend list now. What level is your farm or link so I can visit?
  • Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I noticed you are on my friend list now. What level is your farm or link so I can visit?

Are you talking to me, gerry? I remember I confirmed you as a friend a couple of days ago. I'm level 221, I don't know what you are referring to as my link?

I look like this - Screen%20Shot%202015-11-29%20at%206.26.17%20PM_zpsjtm8slwh.png

• MarinaaaMarinaaa Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 705 Party Starter
    edited November 2015
    7) The I'm-not-planting-squat farm - it is full of plots and fields neatly aligned, big farm with everything on it, many groves where all trees are always watered, but never a crop planted.

That baffles me too.

8) Those who have zero sprinklers but when they visit your farm they click on all ten of yours (which is perfectly ok with me, because I always need water). It is as if they think....I won't let you have any of my water, you @#$@#$%!
    edited November 2015
    9) The Hay Wagon farm - that's mine right now. I'm buying and selling hay wagons, so at the time you visit, all areas not occupied by plots, fields, groves, buildings, and animals may be covered with hay wagons.

• Mara1022Mara1022 On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,067 Pet Queen
    edited November 2015
    How about the
    10) "I can't get my boots dirty" farm. - Everywere you go it is paved with wooden pavers (I forgot what they are called) - not just around things but everywhere there isn't a building or plot or fence - there's wood to walk on.

Bouncing around leagues...Level 323 at the moment. o:)

edited November 2015
    Mara1022 wrote: »
    How about the
    10) "I can't get my boots dirty" farm. - Everywere you go it is paved with wooden pavers (I forgot what they are called) - not just around things but everywhere there isn't a building or plot or fence - there's wood to walk on.

Or maybe it's because the kids don't have shoes?

• Mara1022Mara1022 On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,067 Pet Queen
    edited November 2015
    Or maybe it's because the kids don't have shoes?

Good point Susy.

Bouncing around leagues...Level 323 at the moment. o:)

• L Marie CassidyL Marie Cassidy On Fire Registered User Posts: 913 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Ha ha, pretty funny thread. And so true!

I understand many are not daily players, but the ones with the empty plots baffles me. Some neighbors visit my farm on occasion and I'd like to repay the favor and visit their farm, but nothing is ever planted or is withered. So I wondered if they visited me to just to say 'hey I'm playing again', but I go to their farm, and again, nothing planted. Very odd.
  • Gui BrancoGui Branco Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,089 Pet Queen
    edited November 2015
  • Linda SikutLinda Sikut This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 8
    edited January 2016
    Marinaa, I can tell you why because I put away all my sprinklers too. Certain people would come, just click on the sprinklers and I'd be lucky if I got one drop. I even had up two of those old signs where we could add our own words. I put them together and they said: "Please water or fertilize". One neighbor, in particular, always clicked on the sprinklers and I got maybe one drop. To me, the point of visiting a neighbor is to HELP they and to be rewarded for that help. Clicking only on sprinklers did almost nothing to help my farm. When I visit my neighbors I look around to see where they need help the most. Some need plots or trees watered, some need fertilizer and some could use help getting those crops that take a long time sped up. To me that is helping a neighbor.
  • PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited January 2016
    That is a merciful attitude :)
    I keep 5 or 6 sprinklers, and this way people cannot click on only the sprinklers. They have to do something else, unless they just click for the extra water and leave. But they always use all their energy-clicks.
    Today there was a neighbor who only fertilized two plots and left, but I guess her game crashed or something

When I'm out of water, it's a good solution to have a visitor click on 5 sprinklers and 5 plots. Because then the visitor is not only providing the speed-grow, but is also providing the water so I can replant at once.
  • wendylfwendylf Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 591 Goldsmith
    edited January 2016
    PinkBanana wrote: »
    That is a merciful attitude :)
    I keep 5 or 6 sprinklers, and this way people cannot click on only the sprinklers. They have to do something else, unless they just click for the extra water and leave. But they always use all their energy-clicks.
    Today there was a neighbor who only fertilized two plots and left, but I guess her game crashed or something

When I'm out of water, it's a good solution to have a visitor click on 5 sprinklers and 5 plots. Because then the visitor is not only providing the speed-grow, but is also providing the water so I can replant at once.

Generally when I visit my neighbours I do the 5 plots and 5 sprinklers. I do the plots first just so they can have the water right away afterwards to replant. And I try to find the longer time plots so I can help them get those grown unless they have designated certain crops they want tended.

I have 10 sprinklers at the front of my farm because I always seem to need water. When I go to my farm I harvest everything that is ready and then see what my neighbours did. Neighbours who did sprinklers wait until I need water. Nice to know I have 10, 20, 30 or more water waiting. Neighbours who tended my crops wait until I have replanted and then I click on them so they can water my new crops. Benefits all of us. They get what they want, and I use what they did to benefit me. The ones who make me laugh though are the ones who bounce all over the place, 1 crop here, 1 crop there, leaving me with a very patchy farm.....but that can be fun too. I'll sometimes see what I can do to make the farm even funnier looking. Or sometimes my "OCD" side will kick in and I will rearrange the farm so it looks tidy and organized again. :) I'm just glad they chose to visit.
  • maia160maia160 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 131
    edited January 2016
    If a neighbor doesn't return visits, I just click on sprinklers when I need the water. There's no point in worrying about what they need when I'm not getting any help from them in return.

I have 10 sprinklers out as well and appreciate my sprinkler clickers. Every bit helps!
  • sharonkrsharonkr On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,446 The Boss
    edited January 2016
    I don't really care what they click on. I do try to visit everyone back but lately it's been so laggy that I have barely gotten through the first 8 before I just give up. Sometimes I have to do other things than wait for farms to load.

I do get frustrated at the overly decorated farms sometimes and will postpone those visits until last because they take soooooooo long. I learn a lot about organization and neatness when I visit other farms. I try to emulate those, even if they are not 'quite' as interesting. :-)

Add me as zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/36629694192?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

ONLY accepting zfriends. Not accepting new neighbors right now because I don't have time to visit the ones I have and because we can't delete them anymore. Sorry!

• PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited January 2016
    When someone clicks on a field of rye or a field of blueberries, it's quite easy for me to harvest the rye and replace it with some oregano.
  • Wanderer999Wanderer999 Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 643 Mazter Guardian
    edited January 2016
    I have my sprinklers in front too, and on my plots/fields for easy watering. Neighbours will about 50/0 either collect water or click fields/plots. I used to care what my neighbours did and would at times send a neighbour away for doing something stupid, but I changed myself regarding that. I don't care what anyone does on my farm, every click helps in a certain way.
    Sometimes I do wish my neighbours will go to the back and tend to my groves, as 2 groves is 8 clicks and usually cost more to water than 10 water from 10 clicks on the sprinklers. When my farm is bigger (I'm level 98 and just opened the 97-expansion on the left) I want to put my animals in the back and my groves/trees on the left-front so they'll be easier to find.

Sorry, not accepting new friends atm because of inbox issues.

• maia160maia160 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 131
    edited January 2016
    I have my sprinklers in front too, and on my plots/fields for easy watering. Neighbours will about 50/0 either collect water or click fields/plots. I used to care what my neighbours did and would at times send a neighbour away for doing something stupid, but I changed myself regarding that. I don't care what anyone does on my farm, every click helps in a certain way.
    Sometimes I do wish my neighbours will go to the back and tend to my groves, as 2 groves is 8 clicks and usually cost more to water than 10 water from 10 clicks on the sprinklers. When my farm is bigger (I'm level 98 and just opened the 97-expansion on the left) I want to put my animals in the back and my groves/trees on the left-front so they'll be easier to find.

I don't usually tend groves at the back of farms as I assume that my neighbor puts what they want tended up front. Plus, it takes too long to go all the way to the back on big farms. Perhaps try putting two groves up front next to the sprinklers so that visitors get the idea to click on your groves.
  • KathysnjKathysnj Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 105 Cloudylicious
    edited January 2016
    no shoes on wood = splinters and tears trying to get them out!

"Just hold still you @#@# kid"I need to get this large piece of wood out!
  • luckeydimeluckeydime Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 29
    edited January 2016
    I'm one of those weird ones that surround my plots with the wood planks, BUT i use them to separate my plots so I don't have to count! haha