Putting on the sound effects in this game

PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum DetectiveRegistered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
edited August 2015 in FarmVille 2 Discussion
I rarely have the sound on, although some sounds are pleasant, Mini Me's harsh, ear piercing, filthy dung covered fingers in mouth whistle has me rushing to close it again, just as i was enjoying my owl....:mad: May as well put him back in inventory.

Comments

• PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited August 2015
    The sounds from the trees are quite nice. Lol, I just got a window saying I was going down to Ruby I. And there was a strange sound, like hundreds of things were harvested on the farm and thrown into the inventory. After some seconds I could see it was the 1140 favors.
  • ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    I have a hard time playing without sounds myself. I rely on the sound cues to know when actions have gone through. It's especially helpful if there is someone on the other side of the farm doing something I can't see, I can tell by the sound what they've done - same with family and dogs.

Just done.

• gordonnegordonne Lord of the Forums Facebook Connect User Posts: 2,782 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    enjoy the sounds lakes it seem a little more realistic though I can live without some of the music
  • Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,986 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    I normally like the sounds, but not too loud. Sometimes, though, the slosh slosh slosh sounds of water don't stop, and that drives me nuts.

_ Shut up and do it._ :)

• RosanneFarmerRosanneFarmer The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 138 The Pesky Helper
    edited August 2015
    Right now my sound effects are on and the mini donkeys are playing on the see saw. When I've logged on twice now, as soon as the farm hands come around there's a male voice yodeling! :D The first thing I liked about FV2 was the soothing sounds of the birds, then I got the river and I like it, but I hate my husband whistling! I can't get too mad at the mini donkeys playing with the see saw though, they are special and deserve to have fun! Oh, and I love my Collie dog I named Cody when he barks!
  • PinkBananaPinkBanana Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 696 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited August 2015
    Oops.. realize now that "Turning on the sounds of the game" would be better English.
    Didn't notice any whistling, maybe they don't do that anymore? But I noticed the sweetheart (husband) made sounds when he ate his food. "Smack, smack". Which probably would annoy a lot of people.
    And the sounds from the cave bats are terrible, terrible. And the donkeys, of course.
  • ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 9,957 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    When I've logged on twice now, as soon as the farm hands come around there's a male voice yodeling!
    That's actually the radio in the truck playing the FV2 intro music. Sometimes I don't hear it, but sometimes it's pretty loud. Not sure if it needs a trigger or if it's just random, but I always think it's cute :D

The donkey seesaw sounds annoyed me to no end, so I stored it as soon as it's time expired (I tried storing it before that, and I kept getting popups to place it).

The only sound that annoys me right now, is once in a while my farmer likes to stand right next to the buffalo gate - so I can hear it creak open and slam shut, over and over and over ..

But I love that gate! I just make her move and it stops.

I also catch myself whistling the same tune my farmer whistles when she's playing with the spinning wheel :)

Just done.

• MalyalinMalyalin Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 1,212 Genius Genie
    edited August 2015
    I always play with the sounds on, but not on full volume...just enough so that the birds song is a soft pleasant background sound.

What I find funny: when fully zoomed in, sounds like harvesting/planting etc are loud. When you zoom out, the sound becomes softer are you are watching it from a greater distance :D
  • Queen ZeldaronQueen Zeldaron Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 1,047 Pet Queen
    edited August 2015
    I love the sounds - and also rely on them to know whats going on - I turn them off if I'm listening to a Podcast or watching TV etc while playing, otherwise I have them on. I especially love the owl and birds and all the other animals!
  • Ann LallyAnn Lally Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,056 Pet Queen
    edited August 2015
    Is there a way to turn down the volume of the game sounds? I haven't found it. I have to turn down the volume on the computer itself, which also lowers my notifications for email, IM's, etc.

I always have the sounds on when I'm doing a quest. I have to turn them off when I work, and usually don't remember to turn them back on until Tuesday. Generally, I do enjoy them.
  • MalyalinMalyalin Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 1,212 Genius Genie
    edited August 2015
    Ann Lally wrote: »
    Is there a way to turn down the volume of the game sounds? I haven't found it. I have to turn down the volume on the computer itself, which also lowers my notifications for email, IM's, etc.

I always have the sounds on when I'm doing a quest. I have to turn them off when I work, and usually don't remember to turn them back on until Tuesday. Generally, I do enjoy them.

Yes, I also meant turning down the sound volume of the computer itself, not only the volume of game sound ;)
    edited August 2015
    Ann Lally wrote: »

While your game is loaded - try clicking the volume icon next to your PC clock, then click "mixer"

There may or may not be an option to turn down just the volume on the browser.

Just done.

• L Marie CassidyL Marie Cassidy On Fire Registered User Posts: 913 On Fire
    edited August 2015
    I love the background sounds like the birds and water and sounds of the animals. And I want to crank up that, but then the sounds of my co-op truck that pulls up is ooober loud. And I so dislike the banjo music if we complete something or any mini racing we have. We need to control the sounds of background and foreground. :)
  • RosanneFarmerRosanneFarmer The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 138 The Pesky Helper
    edited August 2015
    Forevever wrote: »
    That's actually the radio in the truck playing the FV2 intro music. Sometimes I don't hear it, but sometimes it's pretty loud. Not sure if it needs a trigger or if it's just random, but I always think it's cute :D

The donkey seesaw sounds annoyed me to no end, so I stored it as soon as it's time expired (I tried storing it before that, and I kept getting popups to place it).

The only sound that annoys me right now, is once in a while my farmer likes to stand right next to the buffalo gate - so I can hear it creak open and slam shut, over and over and over ..

But I love that gate! I just make her move and it stops.

I also catch myself whistling the same tune my farmer whistles when she's playing with the spinning wheel :)
    I didn't know the yodeling was an intro to the music and am relieved to know I'm not being invaded by the Swiss Farmers! They might want some Swiss cheese or my Brown Swiss Cow! ;) I hear the truck radio music when the farm hands pull up sometimes, but it's random.

I wish I had an owl!

I enjoy all the music like the banjo piece, the dog/cat races and horse breeding music (the same) and the family farm music. I wish I knew what songs they are or if they were created especially for FV2. I read that country musician Keith Urban partnered with FarmVille 2: Country Escape to do music on that, but don't know if it's on just the FV2 game.
  • Ann LallyAnn Lally Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,056 Pet Queen
    edited August 2015
    Forevever wrote: »
    While your game is loaded - try clicking the volume icon next to your PC clock, then click "mixer"

There may or may not be an option to turn down just the volume on the browser.

Oh so cool! I do have the option to control the volume in Firefox. Unfortunately, the game currently runs best for me in Chrome. If that changes in the future, I'll remember to change the Firefox sound level! Thank you!
    edited August 2015
    The yodeling happened again this morning, but it wasn't from a truck pulling up, it was a co-op member coming to pick up a finished quest in the box.