Are any of the prizes worth it?

SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum MeisterRegistered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
edited July 2014 in FarmVille 2 Discussion
The chicken medallion board offers fences that are nice and a seed packet for the grand prize. The sheep races offer a nice LE pig. And the Election button is a nice chicken, but that one is about to end anyway.

Now, mind you, the fences probably don't really work to keep the chickens in.......lol.

Comments

• Anne Marie RobinsonAnne Marie Robinson Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 123 The Pesky Helper
    edited July 2014
    No none of the prizes are well thought out.
  • jvdittrichjvdittrich Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,806 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    I love the chicken fences... and they will hold in the chicks if you place them properly, seems the gate is the culprit and you need to **** the gate tight against the fence! Love the pig from the election crate and have not yet won the chick from the sheep races as I have only completed 1 race so far, not putting a lot of effort in this... The seed packet is just that, another crop packet and I see it only as something to master before times runs out :)
  • MarcyfarmerMarcyfarmer Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,194 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    jvdittrich wrote: »
    I love the chicken fences... and they will hold in the chicks if you place them properly, seems the gate is the culprit and you need to **** the gate tight against the fence! Love the pig from the election crate and have not yet won the chick from the sheep races as I have only completed 1 race so far, not putting a lot of effort in this... The seed packet is just that, another crop packet and I see it only as something to master before times runs out :)

None of my fences are working well for well over 6 weeks now. And yes, I know how to set up fences.
  • Marcus GraingerMarcus Grainger Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,876 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    The writable sign (4th prize from the chicken medallion board) is totally worth it! The rest is all optional IMO. Some are nice enough, but for me the sign stands out.

Farmville2 Level 240 (or thereabouts)
    Playing on Zyngagames
    On a diet of Meringue Filling

• vmdr12vmdr12 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,415 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    I've wan a 2nd sign from the chicken medallion, wrote a different message then I had on the 1rst one and they both assumed the same message. Why? :confused::(
  • chaslom4chaslom4 Enthusiastic Expert User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 483 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited July 2014
    Same thing happened with mine.
  • jvdittrichjvdittrich Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,806 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    yeah... sad this doesn't work like the bake signs where you can put something different on each.
    vmdr12 wrote: »
    I've wan a 2nd sign from the chicken medallion, wrote a different message then I had on the 1rst one and they both assumed the same message. Why? :confused::(
  • SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2014
    The writable sign (4th prize from the chicken medallion board) is totally worth it! The rest is all optional IMO. Some are nice enough, but for me the sign stands out.

Oh right! I've gotta win that, I will have to find a computer to use...maybe the libraries will work.
  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,645 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    With the chicken nursery you can run the chick from the sheep races thru the nursery and have it give 2 fertilizer, plus once it's an adult it's actually a pretty good looking chicken, and if your big on the Black Sultan chicken, you can run those through as well and they become just as valuable, if not more, than the Black Arabian horses.
  • LauraWuzHereLauraWuzHere Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,180 Assassin
    edited July 2014
    newmanmira wrote: »
    With the chicken nursery you can run the chick from the sheep races thru the nursery and have it give 2 fertilizer, plus once it's an adult it's actually a pretty good looking chicken, and if your big on the Black Sultan chicken, you can run those through as well and they become just as valuable, if not more, than the Black Arabian horses.

The Black Sultan chicken gets hungry more often than the Black Arabian horse, so once it's been put through the nursery to become a poops-a-lot chicken, it's better'n a Black Arabian horse.
  • retiredtigerretiredtiger Party Starter User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 697 Dedicated Go Getter
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for that tip. I'm at my coin limit and I'm tired of Hay Wagons. I will buy some Black Sultan's while my farm is at animal limit and they can go into inventory for later use.
    The Black Sultan chicken gets hungry more often than the Black Arabian horse, so once it's been put through the nursery to become a poops-a-lot chicken, it's better'n a Black Arabian horse.
  • Phil VarnfieldPhil Varnfield Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,551
    edited July 2014
    The problem with a ****-a-lot chicken is it don't give horseshoes.
  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,645 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    The problem with a ****-a-lot chicken is it don't give horseshoes.

This is true Phil, but more fertilizer is better than less fertilizer. We can't win them all.........
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for that tip. I'm at my coin limit and I'm tired of Hay Wagons. I will buy some Black Sultan's while my farm is at animal limit and they can go into inventory for later use.

Which is why I said 'maybe more valuable'........I agree, they feed much more often than the horse does and is a good source of fertilizer to tide you over until the horses are ready.......
  • nessie-jpnessie-jp Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,412 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    Zynga, what we need is a HORSE nursery, for pete's sake... To make them hungry more often, kick off more horse shoes, and **** more. A chicken nursery is just not the same thing ;)

I found that I can raise 8 black Sultan chicken WITHOUT the nursery in the same time it takes to put a single chick through the nursery :( So I won't be using it much, or actually at all. It's just easier to ask for 8 bottles than to ask for 4 bottles and 4 copper sheets, post for 6 training pages, post for 2 quilt pieces... OMG, too much work for a chick! A horse, yeah, I would do that for a horse.

As for the original topic, the only nice prize right now (in my opinion) is the malay chicken from the sheep races because she's very pretty. No other reason :)
  • GreenbeltGreenbelt Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,059 Pet Queen
    edited July 2014
    As a low level player I am really enjoying the coin from the sheep races. I can expand my farms along the back edge with all the coin I am winning!

I love the pretty Malay Chicken we win from the sheep races!

I am actually enjoying the process of using the chicken nursery. I have collected most of the stuff in advance. Then I do a quick run through a couple times when I'm all ready. Don't really care about the fences or the seed packet.
  • ginadecespedesginadecespedes On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,233 Genius Genie
    edited July 2014
    I love the chicken nursery. I always need eggs and now that I put them thru the nursery they are giving me fertilizer! So I can finally begin getting rid of the 50 or so reward chickens I have in inventory. I never used them precisely because they gave no fert!
  • SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2014
    newmanmira wrote: »

Why use Black Sultan over Gold Cochin?
  • KZE33KZE33 Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 1,441 The Boss
    edited July 2014
    I feel that with all of the work involved, the prizes are generally not worth the effort. Animals don't produce much (eggs for chickens, etc. - I raised mine in nurseries so I could get some fertilizer.) I like the fences.
  • marpekamarpeka Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 233
    edited July 2014
    Skyeborne wrote: »
    Why use Black Sultan over Gold Cochin?

Because after you run them through the chicken nursery the Black Sultan will give a guaranteed 4 fert every feeding. Gold Cochin will only give 2 guaranteed each feeding, occasionally you will get more if you happen to get one of the few random fert drops as well.