My Family Farm

SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum MeisterRegistered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
edited April 2016 in Community Created Guides
Very helpful guide. Could you give us some information about crafting ingredients we might need to stock up on? So far I've heard metal sheets and broccoli are needed.

Comments

• ColoradAnneColoradAnne Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 74 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited July 2014
    Really helpful to have this guide, thanks Skyeborne. I'm nearing completion of Tree pruning and thought I'd give you a head start on the task list, I put my required number first, which might make it easier for people to put in their requirements. The sixth item must have been completed without my noticing it, probably a post item although I almost missed a harvest the bee box! My numbers required seem to be on the low side, but I have had high numbers on the expansion areas, 39 sifters, 26 silver pocket watches and 780,000 coins for the cave for example. It should be noted that items collected above the requirement for prior tasks, such as energy bars, can fulfill the requirements for later tasks although the task won't clear until a second task on the list is completed...hope that makes sense :).

1 Have level 3 grove on the farm
    4 Perform Tree Care Jobs
    4 Harvest pecan trees
    2 Craft Arborist Saddles (4 rope & 2 felt rolls each)
    4 Ask for water bottles
    ?? completed task without my noticing :) .
    1 Find prized rubber from fertilizing rubber tree
    4 Perform Pearl Diving Jobs
    2 Post for Pocket Watches
    2 Craft Pole Pruners (4 horseshoes, 4 wood each)
    3 Prune trees
    1 Harvest furnace or windmill
    3 Complete order board orders
    2 Post for Energy Bars
    1 Harvest the Bee box
    1 Craft Wood Chipper (1 metal sheet, 4 wood each)
    2 Harvest Prized Wood by fertilizing Pine trees, but note that this task completed when I bought and pruned two pine trees, didn't even water or fertilize them before the task was marked completed, certainly didn't wait to harvest them! Bad Zynga description, sigh.
    21 Dry any water crops, drying doesn't work here, but harvesting crops does work, so it should read "harvest any water crops".

Looks to me as if the last two tasks didn't get properly updated...

Anyway Skyborne, hopefully this will get you started on the next stage, good luck and thanks again for working on a guide.
  • SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2014
    Very helpful guide. Could you give us some information about crafting ingredients we might need to stock up on? So far I've heard metal sheets and broccoli are needed.

I should go through and put the requirements for craft items. For the tasks the most that are needed are Horseshoes and Products from wool animals. Wool, felt sheets, etc.
    Really helpful to have this guide, thanks Skyeborne. I'm nearing completion of Tree pruning and thought I'd give you a head start on the task list, I put my required number first, which might make it easier for people to put in their requirements. The sixth item must have been completed without my noticing it, probably a post item although I almost missed a harvest the bee box! My numbers required seem to be on the low side, but I have had high numbers on the expansion areas, 39 sifters, 26 silver pocket watches and 780,000 coins for the cave for example. It should be noted that items collected above the requirement for prior tasks, such as energy bars, can fulfill the requirements for later tasks although the task won't clear until a second task on the list is completed...hope that makes sense :).

4 Perform Tree Care Jobs
    4 Harvest pecan trees
    4 Ask for water bottles
    3 Prune trees
    2 Post for Energy Bars
    1 Harvest the Bee box
    2 Harvest Prized Wood by fertilizing Pine trees, but note that this task completed when I bought and pruned two pine trees, didn't even water or fertilize them before the task was marked completed, certainly didn't wait to harvest them! Bad Zynga description, sigh.
    21 Dry any water crops, drying doesn't work here, but harvesting crops does work, so it should read "harvest any water crops".

Anyway Skyborne, hopefully this will get you started on the next stage, good luck and thanks again for working on a guide.

Thanks for the help, added things in!
  • Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,410 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    thank you for the time and energy you have put into creating this guide ! It has helped me bunches :):)
  • ginadecespedesginadecespedes On Fire Registered User Posts: 1,233 Genius Genie
    edited July 2014
  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,645 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2014
    I'm a little annoyed. My guy never took me on the first date...What a cheap guy!....And I'm now near the end of tree care with him.
  • ColoradAnneColoradAnne Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 74 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited July 2014
    You can relive any of the "special moments" just by clicking on the box that says 'first date" etc. in the story box. I ended up missing both the first date and proposal the first time as my computer froze when I completed the job training...

Attachment not found.
    newmanmira wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed. My guy never took me on the first date...What a cheap guy!....And I'm now near the end of tree care with him.
  • LauraWuzHereLauraWuzHere Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,180 Assassin
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for adding the crafting ingredients, and thank you for putting together such a great guide.
  • LauraWuzHereLauraWuzHere Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,180 Assassin
    edited July 2014
    Question:

In Chapter One; Crop Care (Tutorial);
    Can we plant the corn in a field, or should we use plots?
  • SkyeborneSkyeborne Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 757 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2014
    Question:

In Chapter One; Crop Care (Tutorial);
    Can we plant the corn in a field, or should we use plots?

You can use a field, it counts as 5.
  • Riccarda ForestiRiccarda Foresti Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 1,115 Assassin
    edited July 2014

4 Perform Tree Care Jobs
    4 Harvest pecan trees
    4 Ask for water bottles
    3 Prune trees
    2 Post for Energy Bars
    1 Harvest the Bee box

I have been ticking away the tasks while I complete them, and I think that the task that went unnoticed was "Earn County Fair Points". For me it's 390 points, but for you it must have been much less, as all my requirements are double or triple the ones you posted (8 tree jobs, 8 pearl diving jobs, 3 rubber, 3 windmills, 3 wood chipper and so on).
  • Phil VarnfieldPhil Varnfield Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,551
    edited July 2014
    I'm waiting to finish the cave, only two tasks left, and because of distractions by workmen upgrading the gas supplies, I forgot to take note of the requirements.
    edited July 2014
    Finally collected enough silver pocket watches to progress to teaching Cave Exploring, as I said above, my requirements to open an area seemed to be on the high side and even with maximizing the number of silver pocket watches each day through the post and collect process it takes a while to get 26 of them :). I'm still waiting to complete three of the tasks (we're up to 22 tasks for this job), but following are my numbers. Note that my requirements thankfully are on the low side...I feel lucky! Skyeborne, you might want to put in more realistic numbers, but this is what I experienced.

1 Harvest Fertilizer Bin
    4 Complete Tree Pruning
    2 Post for Working Gloves
    1 Craft Ore Bucket (1 metal sheet, 4 rope)
    315 Earn Country Fair Points
    1 Craft Roasted King Oyster Mushrooms (3 King Oyster Mushrooms, 4 butter)
    4 Ask for Working Boots
    1 Raise Baby Donkey
    4 Complete Foraging Jobs
    1 Craft Mine Pick (2 horseshoes, 4 wood)
    3 Superfeed Horses
    2 Post for Energy bars
    2 Craft White Pearl Handbags (6 white pearls, 2 wool bolts)
    1 Raise Baby Horse
    4 Complete Pearl Diving jobs
    3 Prune any tree
    2 Post for pocket watches
    1 Harvest the Horse Stable
    1 Craft Lavender Pearl Necklace (3 lavender pearls, 1 jewelry string)
    2 Superfeed donkeys
    1 Harvest Furnace or windmill
    2 Craft Portobello Mushroom Fries (6 portobello mushrooms, 3 flour)

One other item, the sweethearts energy refill clock seems to reset whenever you use an energy, so if you have 3, might as well use them all at one time. I think that the energy is refilled when a job is learned, similar to being able to harvest etc. when you level up. So strategy would argue to use up energy before learning the job. Perhaps someone could chime in to say if this is their experience as well.

Thanks Skyeborne again for doing the guide, keeping things consistent and well formatted is no small task!
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Skyeborne again for doing the guide, keeping things consistent and well formatted is no small task!

No problem! Thanks for the help. Don't worry about the numbers, all the numbers in the guide are on the high side. I have had bad luck with the tasks. Having to tend the Hen House 3 times took forever!
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    Blankets completed and now got earn 350 fair points.

baby rabbit raised ( white rabbit works )

Now have tend goat shelter one time and tend chicken coop one time.
    edited July 2014
    Started on Baby Animal Care, following is what I have so far, same format as previous posts:

1 Raise baby rabbit
    1 Harvest the chicken coop
    3 Post for Working Gloves
    4 Craft warming blankets (4 fine fleece, 4 fine wool)
    350 Country Fair Points
    4 Ask for Water Bottles
    1 Raise a baby buffalo
    2 Feed adult peacock
    2 Craft Horse Blankets (2 bolts burgundy silk (ask item), 2 wool bolts)
    6 Perform Animal Care Jobs
    3 Post for Energy bars
    4 Craft Pink Pig Toys (1 Pink Magenta Dye, 2 Felt Rolls)
    1 Raise Baby Cow
    1 Harvest the Rabbit Warren
    6 Make Superfeed
    3 Post for Pocket Watches
    6 Complete Cave Exploring Jobs
    12 Craft Animal Bedding (8 wheat, 4 wood)
    1 Harvest Fertilizer Bin
    1 Raise Baby Chicken (Polish Silver worked)
    12 Craft Animal Toys (6 rubber)

Still waiting for post items & to finish cave tasks and will be off for a while celebrating our U.S. Holiday. Looks like my numbers & Phil's are the same :) Good luck all!

I'm up to 4 energy bolts after completing Cave exploring, so far while exploring the cave, besides the various metal ore's I've found some items but no recipes/crafting items using them, coin value for each shown:

Ancient Fossil - 15,000 coins
    Ancient Axehead - 12,500 coins
    Stone Arrowhead - 10,000 coins
    Broken Pottery - 5,000 coins

I hate to sell them if I can use them for something else...but I could use the coins! If someone knows something more I'd love to know...
    edited July 2014
    just completed the hen house and goat shelter, now onto the pink pigs and after raising a buffalo and a peacock, I now have to raise a baby cow. done and now got 6 x cave exploring.

pink pigs done and next up was tend rabbit warren 1 time ( was ready anyway, so done that )

5 x Energy bars I had enough so done too.

next up is make 6 speed feed. = 480 feed. made 3 and now have an 8 hour wait to make the other 3.

another one, post for 5 pocket watches but shows gloves. ( reported issue. )

sub note, cave exploring.

found broken pottery, worth 5k.
  • slysquireslysquire Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 1,070 Pet Queen
    edited July 2014
    Phil, the guide you created is superfragilisticexpialidocious! Greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Wanted to let you know that I did not have a task requiring completion of order board orders in either Pearl Diving or Tree Pruning. I finished Pearl Diving yesterday and plowed through Tree Pruning (have 1 task left).

When I saw (Jackie's ?) pictures of Pearl Diving, I stopped finishing orders and have been waiting to get that task....maybe it will show up in Animal Care?

Anyhow, thnaks again for your hard work!
    edited July 2014
    not sure if this baby animal care has any orders involved, but still 8 more tasks left, will let you know.
    edited July 2014
    another baby animal care update.

I have 4 hours wait time to make 3 superfeed, however, I just yellow ribboned a goat and the superfeed from it counted, so 6 super feed task completed

replacement is 12 animal bedding requirements are 8 wheat and 4 wood each, total wheat is 96 and 48 wood.

Animal care task completed, now have to harvest the fertilizer bin 1 x

and 4 more cave exploring tasks to complete that one.

from the Cave I just got Ancient Pottery worth 7,500

two more done, raise 1 baby chicken ( easter egger worked )
    make 12 animal toys 6 rubber / item - total 72 rubber.

3 left to do, 1 x fertilizer bin
    5/12 animal bedding - 7 made so far but ran out of wheat.
    4/6 animal care tasks still waiting on a recharge.