Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

40% FarmCash Sale

Comments

• nessie-jpnessie-jp Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,049
    edited June 2011
    Gee give us a 5% sale and get complaints... Give a 40% sale and still get complaints...

On the $50 package you are getting $20 for FREE, lighten up ok, we hardly ever get an awesome sale like this.

You are missing the point.

If they gave the sale without the "It's my birthday, yay, now BUY FROM ME", people would be very excited and there wouldn't be any negative associations. But being Zynga, they managed to put their foot in their mouth once again.
  • Farmer ZelFarmer Zel On Fire Registered User Posts: 656
    edited June 2011
    310 FC was $28.14 - or so Aust $ - hehe love our dollar atm!
  • LiloThePleoLiloThePleo Party Starter Registered User Posts: 550
    edited June 2011
    Bought the $30 pack, so I'm happy. The online ecards haven't been working for weeks for me so I just bought through Farmville. I shall miss the darts but oh well. I may buy another $30 if I get paid in time :)
  • scottystephscottysteph This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 29
    edited June 2011
    jj819 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me lately. Then a few hours later I was told it was canceled/refunded. After numerous attempts to contact customers support, I either got no response or one with no substance.

Thanks for your response. :D
    That stinks! Maybe they are having problems with the e-card system. But i would rather be refunded than be given the code right after the sale ends. I hope that happens here too.

I just contacted customer support, but i don't expect to hear back for a while.
  • cyndycyndycyndycyndy Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 46
    edited June 2011
    Just bought an e-card from Zynga, chose "now" as delivery date, and after clicking on "redeem" in the e-mail it says that my code will arrive within 24 hours. What???? The sale will be over then! I never had that happen with an e-card! The code was given instantly. What is going on here? :(:confused:

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Mine did the same, always got them right away before.
  • GraceLeboGraceLebo Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,905
    edited June 2011
    nessie-jp wrote: »

If they gave the sale without the "It's my birthday, yay, now BUY FROM ME", people would be very excited and there wouldn't be any negative associations. But being Zynga, they managed to put their foot in their mouth once again.

I'm as critical of Zynga as the average player, but I don't understand why a 40% off sale would be viewed negatively! I'm happy to see it, whether the sale is tied to FV's birthday or any other occasion. :) These sales were frequent at one time, but have become rare which makes this one extra welcome from my POV!
  • bettyboop3850bettyboop3850 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,796
    edited June 2011
    Trying to buy FC and keep getting there is a problem processing the transaction. Anyone else getting this.
  • myHSplacemyHSplace Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 657
    edited June 2011
    like the 40% off sale but, hate that it is only really 34% for me since I am forced to pay for DC taxes when I don't live there, urgggg... they really need to updage how they determine the tax rate cause obviously they are going by our IP server location and not our physical addresses or something!! Still 34% off is better than nothing I suppose so thanks for FC sale zynga...
    I just started to take advantage of it, chose the 310 FC package for 32.46, then a window came up for me to pay (where credit card is entered) and says I'm buying 324 credits? Is this right? I'm assuming that is facebook credits, then? How does that compute- 310 FarmCash is equal to 324 FB Credits? Or do we get 310 FC, with a balance left over of FB credits? Or is it .10 per FB credit we have to pay for, to get .10 of payment, towards whatever amount of FC we want? I'd appreciate help clarifying how this all works...

the 324 credit is correct for the 310FC package.. the extra 14 credits goes towards the 2.46 tax they charge you.. just the way they do it, confused me too but, I've always gotten the right amount of FC each time...
  • slarson21slarson21 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 28
    edited June 2011
    dang I redeemed my game card last night. oh well. I may buy some more now. I can't decide!

ahh. FarmVille is taking over. I ended up getting the $30 package, and I just got a $20 game card yesterday... I need to stop buying FC!
  • SunnyBSunnyB Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 561
    edited June 2011
    I still have plenty of FVC but I went ahead and bought some anyway. Love the sale, thanks! Also thanks for the free birthday gnome (double love!). :)
  • ladyjeanladyjean The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 132
    edited June 2011
    So if I buy a $10 gift card from a B&M store, how much exactly will I receive? I think it would 91 farm cash. Could someone verify this amount for me.

I just redeemed a $10 Game Card that I bought at a store. With the 40% sale, I received 92 farm cash for it. I also redeemed a $25 Game Card, and got 242 farm cash for that one.
  • fallengracefallengrace Building Expert Registered User Posts: 44
    edited June 2011
    Annie82 wrote: »
    It works with both. When you redeem a card you'll get a 40% bonus. :)

Thank you, I was hoping so just bought one today, and saw the 40% off, so glad I didn't redeem it right away.
  • PhillipVPhillipV Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 215 Cupcake Princess
    edited June 2011
    Where is my b'day gift? It's my 38th b'day on the 18th. and btw my cake will be free.

Maybe some one will buy me a FarmVille gift card for my b'day. :) But the 40% will be over by then. to bad the 40% sales if never on the 1st. The day I get payed and buy farm cash.

HaPpY bIrThDaY fArMvIlLe :D
  • GraceLeboGraceLebo Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,905
    edited June 2011
    myHSplace wrote: »
    like the 40% off sale but, hate that it is only really 34% for me since I am forced to pay for DC taxes when I don't live there, urgggg... they really need to updage how they determine the tax rate cause obviously they are going by our IP server location and not our physical addresses or something!! Still 34% off is better than nothing I suppose so thanks for FC sale zynga...

I have the same problem! I live in Maryland, and Zynga insists on charging me D.C. taxes. They've done this for months, in spite of the fact that I've submitted the issue several times.

Zynga's the only company that has ever made this mistake, and they don't seem willing to resolve it. They must be breaking the law, charging MD citizens D.C. taxes. Some day, they may make me angry enough to pursue it.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited June 2011
    ok question...does anyone know why the sale price isn't reflected on the iphone app? I have a ton of itunes credits that I wanted to use to get some fc and it's showing the regular price...does anyone know why or if this will change? In case it does not, i'm getting some game cards in the morning lol.
  • Angelz5Angelz5 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 576
    edited June 2011
    Just a question with game cards. I'm in Australia and when I check the game cards it only gives me 2 options. A $10 and a $25 card. Are there no other amounts with the cards? I could have sworn there were other amounts to choose from.
  • jawbrokenjawbroken Lord of the Forums Suspended User Posts: 1,654
    edited June 2011
    Angelz5 wrote: »
    Just a question with game cards. I'm in Australia and when I check the game cards it only gives me 2 options. A $10 and a $25 card. Are there no other amounts with the cards? I could have sworn there were other amounts to choose from.

it's only the two, but I wouldn't bother right now - they're broked. if you get it at all, it won't be in time for the sale.
  • Mayo179Mayo179 Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 252
    edited June 2011
    I was so surprised when the pop up came out shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYO!!!!" because today is my birthday :p I thought I won something.

Oh, well...
  • jawbrokenjawbroken Lord of the Forums Suspended User Posts: 1,654
    edited June 2011
    Mayo179 wrote: »
    I was so surprised when the pop up came out shouting "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAYO!!!!" because today is my birthday :p I thought I won something.

Oh, well...

oh, but you did. you won the chance to spend more money!
  • Mayo179Mayo179 Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 252
    edited June 2011
    jawbroken wrote: »
    oh, but you did. you won the chance to spend more money!

Lol. No offence, but not a chance. They don't give me MY birthday present too *sulk* :D
  • A horse breederA horse breeder Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2011
    nessie-jp wrote: »

Really they are saying buy from me? This is kinda like a birthday present to us....hey it's my birthday we'll give you 40% off any farm cash purchases. No one is forcing anyone to buy farm cash. Geez people need to lighten up and quit complaining over stupid stuff. Plain and simple there isn't any way to make anyone happy on here. Like the comment above you said people complain over a 5% discount and now they are complaining over 40%.
  • kukkakukka Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 276
    edited June 2011
    I thought for long and decided to buy 310 FC. That's only 24 euro anyway. And I decided to stop playing Mystery Game unless I get free darts from somewhere. I have now 499 FC and that should last quite long since I don't really buy much FC items, mainly only one new tree (level 1) if I like it. :D
  • farmerpikafarmerpika Dramachine Registered User Posts: 75
    edited June 2011
    i have been a whining FV player for quite some time, but i think this is a good deal (like the lady gaga born this way bundle)
    i got 134 FC for 10 Euros and 1 free Misery Game dart
    (i just couldn't resist the candy cane ram and boar even if breeding totally sucks) :)
    so HAPPY BIRTHDAY FarmVille!!!
  • Chantal de PausChantal de Paus The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,533
    edited June 2011
    Chip10 wrote: »
    Farm Cash 40% off next 24 hours

Good for them. Not buying though.
  • Chantal de PausChantal de Paus The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,533
    edited June 2011
    Zynga began collecting VAT from customers in September, 2010 to meet government requirements for paying taxes. The European Union requires suppliers of electronic services, including virtual goods, to collect VAT on sales.

Zynga supplies these services to our European Union customers from our operations in Luxembourg Germany, and is therefore required to collect the Luxembourg VAT rate on all European Union sales, regardless of the country in which the user is based.

No offense Lexi, But Luxembourg is in Luxembourg, not Germany. Just sayin' ;)
  • smilingswansmilingswan Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 831
    edited June 2011
    I just purchased an e-card for $10 and received and redeemed the code right away for 92 fvc and one free dart; so perhaps that problem has been fixed? I hope so, I'd hate to have them take it back.
  • cmc42cmc42 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,928
    edited June 2011
    This is the first time I've bought FC for a while. As I bought a few games and a few points for webkinz over the past couple of weeks I only did 310FC worth though. Should be enough to keep my tree collection up to date at least. :)
  • R FrankR Frank Black Sheep of ze Internet Facebook Connect User Posts: 72
    edited June 2011
    I love this sale and need the FV$. Tried to buy yesterday within the first few hours but was confused about having to pay with Facebook Credits. Researched it and decided it was fine, so this morning I bought a wad of FB Credits. Went to the game screen and now there is no option to use the Facebook credits for payment.

Update : Wanted everyone to know this was a user (my) problem. I went into FV via farmville.com instead of by the Facebook bookmark. Did get my cash ok
  • golden59golden59 The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 260
    edited June 2011
    This was too good of a sale to pass up. doesn't come that often.

The FV should last me a while now, I bought 30 dollars worth.
  • RobToroRobToro Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 13,625
    edited June 2011
    Spent $60 and stocked up on some fvc. I love a good sale and I was running low anyway. :p
This discussion has been closed.