Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to breed star ewe to get stars

nickelpeednickelpeed Unstained ChieftainRegistered User Posts: 166 Investigator
edited April 2011 in FarmVille Discussion
I would try it with the polka dot ones. I usually have to use a star ram to get a star anything.

Comments

• sellermansellerman The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,357
    edited April 2011
    nickelpeed wrote: »
    I want to breed more star sheep. I've got a Pink ewe with dark pink stars. I want to make sure when I breed, I get a star sheep. I have a lot of pokedotted rams, Brutus and silver/gray rams. Is there a pattern to put the sheep in to the pen? Ram first? Ewe first? Do I click on the Ram first to breed or the Ewe? Thanks for the help.

Even if you have a star ram, you are not assured a star result - I just got through breeding a star ram with a dot ewe and got a dot ram. Pooh!

I would suggest that you always click the star ewe first - don't really know if that makes a diff but couldn't hurt.

Good luck. Stars will transfer over from a ewe to a result - it does happen but may take who knows how many times - that is the bad part!
  • MrsWiseMrsWise Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 127
    edited April 2011
    I usually have better luck picking the one I want the pattern from first and using a solid color for the second, be it ram or ewe
  • Maureen97Maureen97 Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 290
    edited April 2011
    I just got a star ram from a star ewe (SE) last night after 4 tries (sheep listed in order that they were picked):
    1. SE + solid ram = solid ram
    2. hooded ram + SE = hooded ewe
    3. solid ram + SE = solid ewe
    4. polka dot ram (one I bred, not from the market) + SE = Star Ram!!

So you can see I tried picking different patterns and order, but I'm not sure any of that ever matters! I've been keeping track of my breeding for a while now and a LOT of it seems totally random!
  • nickelpeednickelpeed Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 166 Investigator
    edited April 2011
    I've already tried my Polka dotted rams and got poke dotted sheep. LOL. I'll keep trying to see what I can get. Thank you.
  • sellermansellerman The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,357
    edited April 2011
    Maureen97 wrote: »
    I just got a star ram from a star ewe (SE) last night after 4 tries (sheep listed in order that they were picked):
    1. SE + solid ram = solid ram
    2. hooded ram + SE = hooded ewe
    3. solid ram + SE = solid ewe
    4. polka dot ram (one I bred, not from the market) + SE = Star Ram!!

So you can see I tried picking different patterns and order, but I'm not sure any of that ever matters! I've been keeping track of my breeding for a while now and a LOT of it seems totally random!

So, see...if a person gave up after the 1st try, they wouldn't get the star result. But, shame we have to go through so many potions and bottles to get what we really want :)
  • resi13resi13 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2011
    How can I breed a star-sheep ???? Where do they come from ????
    Can anyone please help me,to get a star-sheep ???? Please :-)
  • maryl54maryl54 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,313
    edited April 2011
    use a high contras sheep to try to get the stars if you use a dark color sheep then the stars will never show up.
  • Brenda RichardsonBrenda Richardson Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 404
    edited April 2011
    Do you people realize that it is against the forum rules to talk about unreleased items?

On a side not .. I can get a star sheep without the ram but it takes longer. :)
  • cmc42cmc42 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,928
    edited April 2011
    Do you people realize that it is against the forum rules to talk about unreleased items?

I'm not entirely sure where the star ewes stand on that point. This is from the thread where someone was asking whether it was okay to own star ewes or not (the post below is a mods post):-

I have both on my farm... So I would say a resounding yes. And I am neighbors with Grimwell, and he gave me one today, so yea. I am pretty sure its all good.
  • BuccaneerBuccaneer Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 410
    edited April 2011
    Star sheep have been discussed all over this forum!!!

OK with my first star ewe I bred her to a teal green ram and got stars.

For my camo ewe I bred her to a two toned blue and got a camo ram.

It does take a few tries though...didn't happen first time round with either :)
  • maryl54maryl54 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,313
    edited April 2011

actually no one knows for sure where the stars and the others came from plus a few mods have them too. so their for its not against the rules or all the star topics and other topics would of been locked and announcement would of been made.
    However I got a star ram giving to me as I hear its a little harder with the female to pass the trait on not sure but I have used high contras babies and gotten a star every time I have tried.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited April 2011
    I want a star sheep but have no idea where to get one :( 2 friends have tried to give me one and i end up with a solid colored sheep and none of my other friends are sharing...anyone wanna give me one? why is it so hard???
  • FarmerFlashFarmerFlash Muffin Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin
    edited April 2011
    I have over 60 Ewe's and Rams, and not one of them has stars on them. I'd like to know how to breed one, but all I am seeing is how to breed more once you already have one.
  • LadicimohLadicimoh Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 23
    edited April 2011
    what unreleased item? it is in the game.
  • yansbansyansbans Forum Traveller Facebook Connect User Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    fv: just a heads up we r only allowed to breed 100 sheep/rams a keep them..after that we have to stop breeding or sell em for 100 coins

Anyone know if there's truth to this?
  • BobbyKat LittleCubBobbyKat LittleCub Dramachine Registered User Posts: 50
    edited April 2011
    yansbans wrote: »
    fv: just a heads up we r only allowed to breed 100 sheep/rams a keep them..after that we have to stop breeding or sell em for 100 coins

Anyone know if there's truth to this?

Yes, you will have to sell sheep some to make room for new sheep once you get to a hundred.
This discussion has been closed.