Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

English Countryside: Your Feedback on Pausing

Comments

• vicki annevicki anne Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 16
    edited April 2011
    I wish they would pause all of the messages trying to get me to harrass my friends and beg for stuff.

this is why i left frontierville:confused:
  • tarawatarawa Investigator Registered User Posts: 82
    edited April 2011
    Well,Sunday night update,no word from Z on the pause.I am going to go ahead and give in...yes ,thats right..I surrender.I am obviously not smart enough to play two farms running at the same time,so it stands to reason that playing 2 games on the internet is even worse.

Thank you Z for showing me the error of my ways.I humbly capitulate,and will now do what I should have done 2 weeks ago....

Go back to playing Eve online fulltime!At least paying $130 a year I know I am getting quality programming,A dev team that works for its playerbase,and a forum that isn't sectioned off into the "hide the customer complaints" section...and "look at my sheep" section.

Brilliant marketing strategy really...if you work for any other company than Z.:rolleyes:
  • JustSayGeauxJustSayGeaux Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 353
    edited April 2011
    PLEASE HELP us, we're paused!

207416_1641241792412_1277841531_31371035_7435427_n.jpg
  • George CostanzaGeorge Costanza Assassin Registered User Posts: 1,025 Pet Queen
    edited April 2011
    I've decided that the Pause is bad. I do not like the Pause. I wish the Pause would go away. I want Zynga to turn off the Pause. The Pause makes the game not fun. The Pause makes my crops not grow. The Pause makes me sad.

Well everyone else in the last 5 pages has said this exact template of displeasure. So I might as well too.
  • QTshariQTshari Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 183
    edited April 2011
    Everyone said I couldn’t have both Farmville and Pause. I didn’t want to choose between them. I thought they could both work together. ZFreeTrainers have corrupted these poor animals. Instead of feeling lucky, I have been cursed. Farmville cannot run and play, and poor Pause has been severely afflicted.

As much as I love my wee pups, I must choose between them. That is the only way to save either one of them. I don’t think there is any chance of liberating Pause. My dear sweet pup has been doomed 143 times by the wretched Z. I must concentrate on my treasured Farmville…
  • TofuBugTofuBug Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 22
    edited April 2011
    QTshari wrote: »
    Everyone said I couldn’t have both Farmville and Pause. I didn’t want to choose between them. I thought they could both work together. ZFreeTrainers have corrupted these poor animals. Instead of feeling lucky, I have been cursed. Farmville cannot run and play, and poor Pause has been severely afflicted.

As much as I love my wee pups, I must choose between them. That is the only way to save either one of them. I don’t think there is any chance of liberating Pause. My dear sweet pup has been doomed 143 times by the wretched Z. I must concentrate on my treasured Farmville…

Love the drama so far

So care to let your readers in on what's next?

Are we heading for an Old Yeller finally or more of a Where the Red Fern Grows coup de grace?
  • Karlie2Karlie2 Muffin Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Muffin
    edited April 2011
    Get rid of it, or I will give up on the english farm, only going there to master crops I cant master at home. Also - can I please bring my sheep home with the pen??
  • flower5151flower5151 Assassin Registered User Posts: 729
    edited April 2011
    QTshari wrote: »

i hate to say it but its a sad day ,you must put Pause ''down'' theres a vet over in fronteerville i have spoke with for you(i know its hard thing to do) ..its very humane ..i know i just put my "Pause Effect" (Pauses cousin) down to rest ..just leave the EC and frontteer vet will be there soon
  • Jerry AngelJerry Angel This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 54
    edited April 2011
    Today I tried some other farms since I need more farm work. Zynga this is the problem. We all want to work more sometimes. Well for a while I was almost ready to quit so for weeks I was planting 4 day crops just so I wouldn't have to work. But now I am close to the biggest expansion. I am getting more signs. So I am working harder on my farm mastering for my sign collection.

So anyway with this new found excitement about Farmville with my goals coming along well I find this pause thing a damper. It really doesn't add to the game. Because it seems to force us to abandon our accomplishments. Our big moneymaker farm for this measily English farm. Most of us aren't from England to boot so do you think we will abandon our farm for that one? I like to feel at home. My imagination I think makes my farm seem like it is an American farm so maybe I would prefer that one over the English one.

Though I wouldn't mind being a jetsetter and traveling to my EC farm to work. Sure that would be great. Though I don't do it. I vowed never to go. But I did go last night to take advantage of that email I recieved offering me 20 farm cash to go to EC. So I clicked through and recieved my cash. That was after I messaged help and added it since it didn't hit my account after I went. So I took my 20 fc and then I went back home to my main farm and haven't returned yet. So yes I took the money and ran. It won't start me up on that farm just going there for that. So it won't work with me.

I do hope the best for Zynga and maybe they will abandon the idea soon. I don't think they want to jump to getting rid of this concept because there might have been a few thousand dollars in code writers working on it. I am sure it didn't take too much time. But sometimes you have to take a loss. And maybe swallow your pride and come to the realization that the idea isn't going to fly. Drop it please. Seriously. You have to know when it is time to drop something. Be objective and get rid of it.
  • sfturner10sfturner10 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2011
    I am not real happy with the pausing of my "Home" farm because I actually bought the unlimited un-wither ring. Now it is a waste and not being used unless I stay on the "home" farm in which case the "English" farm pauses so no growth. It takes forever to build it up that way....Just saying
  • kendo78kendo78 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited April 2011
    Ditch the pause or atleast make it optional for those who cant cope and give others a chance to work on both farms which mean more to do and will keep us entertained longer hence playing longer. Shepp breeding is a great idea but so is the nursery barn and as one is paused while the other works its too long to wait.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah sf your ring is absolutely worthless because there is no chance on withering anything while on EC. Now if the pause was gone you would have more fun. You would feel that insurance policy with your ring and feel value for it. Right now it isn't worth 2 cents to you if you remain working on EC. You have been made a fool of lol
  • ArmandFrvrArmandFrvr Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2011
    Dude, seriously? 1046 pages of complaints, and no official response?
  • FourthAttemptFourthAttempt Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 486
    edited April 2011
    I don't mind it. In fact, I like the fact that I can pause one farm if I'm not going to be able to harvest within the crop time limit.
  • georgieboy3278georgieboy3278 Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 767
    edited April 2011
    I don't mind it. In fact, I like the fact that I can pause one farm if I'm not going to be able to harvest within the crop time limit.

Me, too. I love that my dairies are never ready to harvest and that my 60 orchards never mature, too :D
  • ningamonningamon The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 82
    edited April 2011
    Would love to see some more fantasy trees for England. A teacup tree would be so cute. I buy all the fantasy trees . Please make more!!!!! Thank you, Ginger
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited April 2011
    The Pause is bad. I do not like the Pause. I wish the Pause would go away. I want Zynga to turn off the Pause. The Pause makes the game not fun. The Pause makes my crops not grow. The Pause makes me sad.
    edited April 2011
    Yeah well FourthAttempt sounds like you don't wrap your brain around farmville at all. Don't you think you can chew gum and walk at the same time? Can't you manage both? Why won't you be able to harvest in the time limit? What will the EC farm do to prevent that? Maybe distract you? Confuse you? 99% of us on this thread for pause say otherwise. Only a few plants from Zynga and a very small percentage say they like it. You can like it all you want but don't you think we should have the option to pause of not to pause? Keep your pause. Love your pause if you like but we don't want pause. It makes us feel we are abandoning our big farms for a measily new farm. Zynga won't kill our desire to work on our main farms for the ec farm. If it was something spectacular and amazing they might be able to get us to do it. But as of now they don't have us. They didn't capture our interest. Maybe for the people that are dead in the water on their main farms they might go for it. Maybe because they have mastered everything and they feel they are complete. I don't know. I am not moving on to EC I know that much. I am just making headway now and feel I am getting somewhere. If I left now I would be an idiot. My game has just begun at level 48 I think it is.
  • recitadrecitad Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,812
    edited April 2011

and for those 5 other people that agree with you, the pause should be optional to turn on. instead of permanently programmed in despite nearly everyone's hate of it.
  • Robert ReeceRobert Reece Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 182
    edited April 2011

I want the Pause gone but what I want more than that is ZYNGA TO SAY SOMETHING. This is very very very very bad Customer Relations. They may not want to tell us what they are doing until its done, if they are even doing anything, but a SIMPLE WE HEAR YOU would be good.

• flower5151flower5151 Assassin Registered User Posts: 729
    edited April 2011
    wishlist for 2011
    an option to pause one farm or play both farms.
    a Zynga social web site like facebook but with out all game scam spams and fake zynga game pages .
    1 none paused farming -you asked for our feedback http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=964332&page=1047 well you got it ..10400 posts and still growing of negative feed back on the paused farming and no reply from any one offical yet ..your loyal paying players are leaving Zynga because they(me) dont like to be ignored ..10400 players on one forum thread we'd like an answer please.

for 2011 i would like to have a c/s agent who is truthful unlike the one who lied and said the ''pause was being removed on a slow roll out''.

More bushels per harvest because the fast growing 12 hour crops in the English country side farm take several day to grow .

insta-grow on the gifts page because we dont like wait 2 weeks for a 4 hour crop that cant grow when the farm is paused .

a reply to this thread

shorter grow times if the pause is not gone.waiting for a 5minute crop in Ec might not be so bad with pause

environmentally friendly farm vehicles -change gas cans into into batteries ,give us a build able solar/wind building we can harvest for power cells.

GPS for the Combines no more countless clicks to harvest ,just set it click GPS and let 'er rip

and please get this pause thing sorted out

(i think having a cup of coffee at 10p was a bad idea)
  • justmecookinjustmecookin Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 399
    edited April 2011
    The pause is there for one reason...there profits are way down...if you look you can mature your crops and orchards using the EC plane for FC..You can also finish your things in the pub...again for FC...Now it doesnt take a genius to know the switch to undo the pause is there...when you leave your farm its paused...when you return you sheep arent paused...so see its there...they elect not to unpause due to it being addition money...when you look at their stats they are falling fast...Why? Simple...they dont listen to their players...this will be their downfall...they have gotten too big for their britches and are headed for a crash...when players start saying enough is enough...They have left this feedback open for one reason...to keep it away from the rest of the forum...hoping you will vent...get it out then go back to playing...see if you vent here you might not go to all the sites and write about it...or to the magazines we have seen publicizing the new EC or to British newspapers who have written about it...I uninstalled all Zynga games untill the pause is gone...

I will add to this we are still farming but at the other unmentionable farm game where I have 8 farms
    edited April 2011
    Hey Recitad, ban yourself for a lousy 3 days? What is 3 days? 3 days pause will still be there. Are you buying it then? how about ban yourself until they remove pause?
  • LynnPuddlepuffLynnPuddlepuff Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 15
    edited April 2011

I want the Pause gone but what I want more than that is ZYNGA TO SAY SOMETHING. This is very very very very bad Customer Relations. They may not want to tell us what they are doing until its done, if they are even doing anything, but a SIMPLE WE HEAR YOU would be good.

Well I can't relate actual details without being banned but... I've had a huge awakening about how these forums work and I think I can share the generalities without getting tossed so here goes...

Z employees, developers, managers N E V E R view these threads or read firsthand any of the content. The moderators compile data and report same to the dev team. All our comments are reported as bits of data like how many users are against, how many for, how many each day, etc. But no pleas or details get any farther than these pages.

So when we lodge a complaint or question via email to tech support and the tech directs us to post our 'suggestions' on the forum, they are simply following orders, herding all us troublesome sheep into one pasture where no one ever has to deal with us.

The following is solely my opinion and I hope at least a few folks get to read it before this post is pulled:

I am now genuinely convinced the whole pause thing is directly related to the demographics which probably show that when a FV task is too complicated or going to take too long, we will cave and purchase the FV shortcut with real dollars. We will give in and pay $$ to insta-grow our crops so we can move along to the next farm or task, purchase the last of the items needed to fulfill a quest or finish a building because with the pause in effect we don't have the time, patience or inclination to wait for things to accrue naturally. We are literally being pushed to spend $$ by the need to get back to the other farm.

The limits, the throttles, the pause - have not one thing to do with curbing cheaters or saving space on servers. It all has to do with getting the most people to spend the most money.

I am absolutely done. My farms just sit, both of them. I will miss my baby lambs which I lovingly named Stew, Sunday Brunch and Bah Bah Bob. I will have been a part of the FV community for 2 years next month and I had a super time, (spent way too much money) and met a lot of terrific people through gathering neighbours.

Thing is, I don't mind spending real money on this game. I average about $30 a month as it is. What I mind is someone holding a gun to my head and forcing me to spend money. And that is the entire purpose of the pause feature. So I'm done. Colour me gone.

Hope someone gets to read this before it's pruned :)
  • HG EliminatorHG Eliminator Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 170
    edited April 2011
    I would like to see a on and off switch for the Pause, I will be spending very little time on my EC farm as it is not worth it to lose out on my main farms coin yield and other harvesting stuff. I seriously have already lost interest in it because of the pause and still have not harvested English roses after a week of being planted... And probably never will till the Pause is removed or added as an *option*..
  • Cathy DroletCathy Drolet Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 505
    edited April 2011
    Z employees, developers, managers N E V E R view these threads or read firsthand any of the content. The moderators compile data and report same to the dev team. All our comments are reported as bits of data like how many users are against, how many for, how many each day, etc. But no pleas or details get any farther than these pages.

I think you're absolutely correct.
    I am now genuinely convinced the whole pause thing is directly related to the demographics which probably show that when a FV task is too complicated or going to take too long, we will cave and purchase the FV shortcut with real dollars. We will give in and pay $$ to insta-grow our crops so we can move along to the next farm or task, purchase the last of the items needed to fulfill a quest or finish a building because with the pause in effect we don't have the time, patience or inclination to wait for things to accrue naturally. We are literally being pushed to spend $$ by the need to get back to the other farm.

The limits, the throttles, the pause - have not one thing to do with curbing cheaters or saving space on servers. It all has to do with getting the most people to spend the most money.Hope someone gets to read this before it's pruned :)

This was my opinion when the limit/throttle came out. It's all about money. And the funny thing is, I have at least two neighbours who use farmcash for everything: love potions, mastering crops, completing quests, buying crop bushels for crafting, buying completed orchards. The limit/throttle/pause had just the opposite effect on my. As someone here has for their signature: "Limited, throttled, paused. What you do to me I do to my wallet."

Enjoy your free time, Lynn. I was in the same place on Friday, then decided I'd just stick to working my Home Farm and the EC can rot.
  • luciddevelopmentluciddevelopment Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited April 2011
    i've had about enough of Farmville. Actually making the English Countryside with that pathetic pause has only made matters worse. The whole idea of EC is great but surely you have coders who are professional and can write the correct code to fix the problems with FV. Good to see the new addition and enhancements for Farmville but it would really be appreciated if you actually fixed Farmville properly BEFORE adding all the extras! Things i'd like to see changed are the exorbitant number of popups and things to "share" on your wall. How about just making someting remember and automatically share? Also the long box on the post to wall popup box needs to be fixed.

For the time being i'll be sticking to Farmandia and leaving Farmville for those willing and brave enough to put up with the rubbish!
  • spitfire378spitfire378 Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2011
    I don't like the pause. imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning to discover I had no crops to harvest because the farm my short crops were on had frozen. I thought we would be able to run two farms simultaniously as English countryside was advertised as a way to master crops faster, but now I discover that isn't true because one farm is frozen at all times.

I vote no freeze on the farms. If people don't want to spend the extra time they won't, but I want to and I can't.
  • Zulfiqar JunejoZulfiqar Junejo Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    IS zynga blind? kindly remove the pause button and give us new task available at EC. we want to play both farms at same time.
  • illyangelusillyangelus Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2011
    REMOVE THE PAUSE !!!
    pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This discussion has been closed.