Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone spending FVC on English Countryside?

Comments

• RubyIsisRubyIsis Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,086
    edited March 2011
    I spent one cash to grow the roses and get the ram, otherwise I am not buying anything because I find the coin items awesome and they are enough to make my farm pretty. Throw in a couple of baby horses, chickens and ducklings between the lush grass, the bridge, the gazeebo and it looks pretty cute without spending cash.
  • ClairClair The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 904
    edited March 2011
    I like the design aspect of the EC, so I've bought a few FC trees.
  • KatiemarieKatiemarie Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 165
    edited March 2011
    You guys realize that as long as you keep spending FC on EC or even FV that Zynga has no motivation at all to change anything about the game, including the thing we can't mention, right?
  • Valerie Jean DouglasValerie Jean Douglas The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 783
    edited March 2011
    Katiemarie wrote: »
    You guys realize that as long as you keep spending FC on EC or even FV that Zynga has no motivation at all to change anything about the game, including the thing we can't mention, right?

I'm only spending what I earn through playing. I'm not buying FC with real money.
  • KatiemarieKatiemarie Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 165
    edited March 2011
    I'm only spending what I earn through playing. I'm not buying FC with real money.

Yeah me neither. I've never spent a penny on it. But the people that ARE spending money on it are the reason Zynga could care less how many people are ticked off.

It's not rocket science. If you want things to change, stop spending money on it. Dropping 50 bucks on FC and then complaining about the way the game works or the price of things is completely counterproductive. It all comes down to what you want more, a game you enjoy playing, or that new awesome horse in the market.
  • bkind613bkind613 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,386
    edited March 2011
    im spending fc in the EC for sheep. ill do this cause the sheep pen doesnt pause when i go bk to my original farm. im only buying horses, cows and other items for my original farm i refuse to buy 2 of everything especially with the "p" how it is.
  • kristinnoelle87kristinnoelle87 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 79
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't mind so much if we could transfer animals from farm to farm. That way I would never have to worry about one farm becoming obsolete and my animals being stuck there forever.
  • cochetacocheta Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 858
    edited March 2011
    Ive bought the clydesdale stallion, the Thoroughbred, and the shetland pony for EC. Bought 2 of the devon cows and 2 of the bagot goat for EC. Also picked up the tudor cottage, 4 each of the newest trees, the garden pond, 2 of the newest pigs, and 10 of the chickens.
  • joshp84joshp84 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,214
    edited March 2011
    i don't spend $40-50 on the game in a week or a month for that matter. it has to be items i really like to get the fc for. but everyone is entitled to play the way they want. if they want spend tons of money on it or none at all it's no ones business
  • Autumn the AxeAutumn the Axe The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,182
    edited March 2011
    I did spend FC on EC until I realized the farms can't swap animals and decorations, I do not think Zynga would EVER phase out FV unless they are on a path of destruction. Unit we can swap new sheep will go on EC and everything else will go on FV. I have invested THOUSANDS playing this game and I plan to keep spending as long as I enjoy doing so, I am glad they gave us EC to breed sheep because there would not be enough room to do so on Reg FV, but saddened that a dedicated player like myself can not place my huge sheep collection of Limited editions over in EC......
  • lfreefalllfreefall Investigator Registered User Posts: 136
    edited March 2011
    I have spent a lot of coins, but no cash. I won't do it because thinking about stopping play on EC untill the pause is gone. If that does not happen I more than likely not going to continue on the EC. I have spent way too much time & money on main farm to leave it for the EC.
  • Autumn the AxeAutumn the Axe The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,182
    edited March 2011
    lfreefall wrote: »
    I have spent a lot of coins, but no cash. I won't do it because thinking about stopping play on EC untill the pause is gone. If that does not happen I more than likely not going to continue on the EC. I have spent way too much time & money on main farm to leave it for the EC.

I make no distinction to those who play using coin only, we ALL spend lots of time playing.... and I would hope Zynga would recognise this...

I do my best to give to my neighbors things that I can produce that usually cost FC....to get unless given through the feeds....

PS I secretly like the pause because my puppies will stay puppies forever! I grow sheep when I have bottles and potions!
  • darlinbdarlinb The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 32
    edited March 2011
    I bought the dogwood trees to put in the orchard because I thought they would look best on EC farm, and the spotty ram because all my sheep looked the same. I am keeping the horses to my orginal farm though because I'm not spending 40FC on a stallion when I have 4 stallions on my main farm.
  • EvaineEvaine Muffin Registered User Posts: 9 Muffin
    edited March 2011
    Unfortunately, I did spend some FC on the EC farm until I realised that it was BOTH farms that were paused. Now I'm regretting it because if they don't fix the unholy pause "feature" and I use the term "feature" loosely, I will probably be abandoning my cute little EC farmlet.
  • FaFaFooey2FaFaFooey2 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,448
    edited March 2011
  • rocktown galrocktown gal Investigator Registered User Posts: 121
    edited March 2011
    PlainD wrote: »
    On topic, I bought a New Orleans house for my EC farm. There was no way I'd ever find room on my home farm and I like it there. :) I also spent a few FC on the purple azaleas from the Spring Countdown to go around it.

What is the New Orleans home. I checked the market...didn't see it!

Thanks
  • kristinizedkristinized Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,035 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I have some FC left, but I think I'm going to spend it on trees for my home farm. I'd like to see how much fun I can have at EC without spending any FC. Plus, my plan for now is to spend the weekdays at home and only weekends at EC so I wouldn't get much use out of decorations there.
  • lil nayahlil nayah Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 303
    edited March 2011
    brought the Clydesdale stallion and placed it on my ec farm thinking at some point they would lock certain horses for ec only just in case. spent a lil to finish up the pub quest when i first started. bought one of the sheep and a ram from the mobile farm 5 and 10 cash only to get oos and ram go missing along with cash.(they refunded my cash) because of the wrong price on the mobile farm. i then bought the ram at the regular price. i plan on adding all the new sheep. plus any other ec only animals. maybe some buildings.
  • 9LivesFarmGirl9LivesFarmGirl Investigator Registered User Posts: 137
    edited March 2011
    My Farm will be where I continue to keep any/all FVCash Horses, and, major FVC items. While I "might" spend a little FVCash on the countryside, I will NOT place as many FVCash items/animals, etc. on the EC. Well...for that matter, not even on my Farm anymore. I'm just not spending FVCash like I use to, and, hoard it like crazy.
  • PonziSchemePonziScheme Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 43
    edited March 2011
    I admit I purchased 2 Instant Grows with my biplane. Figured it was easier and more fun to start using my FV Cash than continue stalking the forums throwing temper tantrums, heh!
  • Mmmine2Mmmine2 The Boss Registered User Posts: 978
    edited March 2011
    I bought the stallion, one of the horses, a ram and also some trees to go on my EC. I've been breeding horses on my home farm since I started playing so I have all the stallions and almost all the horses (except a pink pony and a few I thought were too ugly to buy) so it's sort of nice to get a chance to start over again. My neighbors will still get foals no matter what farm I'm on.
  • summercampsummercamp Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 328
    edited March 2011
    nope - not even spending coins on it - not even plowing as that uses coins - won't even use SDB's on it
  • cathyrackcathyrack Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,311
    edited March 2011
    First, Zynga is not fazing out the original farm so don't let that work on your decision to use real money or not over there. I did buy the water garden (at 15 fc I think at 40% off it was a bargain). I love how it looks so for me it was money well spent. I only spend money on things that give me visual pleasure so it was a good thing in my book.

I will not be spending 30 or 40 fc for the ewes and rams though, that is not a price bracket I want to encourage. I will live with not having poka dot animals;)

No I am not seeing a lot of buildings and such over there, and I am quite disappointed in the lack of coin buildings available. As long as they don't charge real money for crops I am good.:)
  • CullenGirl09CullenGirl09 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 529
    edited March 2011
    Nope, I've decorated my EC with either stuff I had in my gift box or the coin items in the market...I only spend money on trees or horses, and they're all on my home farm. I did place some seedlings over on EC that I got from my home farm orchard, but that's about it...not spending any FC on EC until they remove the pause.
  • sezzy5889sezzy5889 Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 595
    edited March 2011
    I admit i spent about 200 fvc on quick fire breeding sheep to begin with, but i regret it and not spending anymore now for a while.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    NO they paused the farms, i paused my wallet.
  • psychoswimpsychoswim Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 771
    edited March 2011
    I bought a white dogwood and 2 damson trees for EC.. I never buy anything other than trees with FC anyways.. Contrary to what I was saying a few days ago, I've started playing EC exclusively with only 4-5 orchards and doing crops, less work than my 50+ orchards on my home farm. I'm loving the more "airy" feel on EC.
  • noelpowersnoelpowers Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 1,008
    edited March 2011
    As I'm looking around my neighbors farms, so far it seems that people have just been putting their extra "free" stuff.

I know that EC has only been out a week...but I myself have been hesitant to buy new Cash items because I have no idea which farm to put them on.

On one hand, I'm worried that they are fazing the original Farmville out, and on the other I'm worried that EC might end up becoming obsolete with everyone only playing their original farms.

As much as I'm tempted to decorate in FVEC I think I'll leave it for now, I've invested a lot of time and money in decorating my other farm and outside of sheep breeding I don't find all that much to be tempted by in EC until they resume the quests.
  • roadworkerroadworker Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 13
    edited March 2011
    Not spending on EC until the PAUSE IS GONE........
  • hyperbolehyperbole Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,801
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to get some nice stuff for it but frankly I don't think I'll use it much with the pause feature. We'll see though.
This discussion has been closed.