Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do You Like English Country Side?

Comments

• KYsweetheartKYsweetheart Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 28
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I like it all except the pause.
  • kgerlichkgerlich Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I do not like the pause on the farms... What is the point in having 2 farms if you can only farm 1??? I am no longer playing EC until the pause is gone!!!!
  • Misvenus000Misvenus000 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I like it but I would love for my home farm to keep progressing while I am in my other farm. I miss the progress if I do not set myself there while I am away.
  • RacieboyRacieboy Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 56
    edited March 2011
    NO
    Someone tell Zynga you can't pause crop/tree/animal growth in real-life :lol: So that pausing thing is absolutely ridiculous ..
  • PegPPegP Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 14
    edited March 2011
    I would like it IF the one farm didn't stop growing while on the other farm. That totally makes no sense whatsoever!!! The farms don't stop growing if you leave Farmville, so why stop if you leave the one farm to travel cross the ocean to go to the other one? The animals will still need to be harvested, but the crops won't grow. So, basically, you have to choose which farm you want to play - English or American. You can't really do both, which is what you should be able to do. Zynga dropped the ball on this one. I would have liked it had you been able to play both farms. As it is, I don't do much on the English farm because that means I have to ignore my American farm which has my spa and much, much bigger crop area....all which means faster means to leveling up. If Zynga figures out they messed up and fixes it so you can actually play both farms, then yes, I will like the English farmside and will play it.
  • BettyLewBettyLew Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 53
    edited March 2011
    NO
    :confused:There are just too many things that don't work right...

I think we're all clear on the pause feature - I don't know the reasoning behind it, but it's certainly hurting the game.
    I've tried to expand my EC chicken coop twice - I had 7 neighbors the first time and 8 the second time (in a couple of hours.) I returned to my home farm and then went back to check EC farm. The expansion had disappeared and there was no progress-like I'd never started an expansion at all!
    I built the feed trough in EC, expecting to be able to fill it - nope! It's only for the home farm. What's the logic in that??? Why was it available in the first place?
    Trying to breed sheep and not being able to gather enough love potion... trying to gather the bottles for the babies - it goes on and on.
    I'm level 104 and I have enjoyed the game until now. I'm not so sure anymore.
  • A horse breederA horse breeder Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I voted no for several reasons

1) The unmentionable
    2) Quest filled
    3) Spam Fest
    4) Lack of gifts for original farm

these are just a few to mention.
  • nofx242nofx242 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 5
    edited March 2011
    NO
    Do I like it yes, do I wish I could play there yes to that as well.

Oh I have been there and completed all the quests there thats not the problem.

Problem is I wont play there anymore till the pause is gone
  • atcat59atcat59 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 125
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I have said no too, and I was really looking forward to it. Like everyone else the pause is what is stopping me playing, that stupid airship is still in my gift box. I feel like an outcast,had to send private messages to people to get my dairy farm expansion for three days but have had constant begs for stuff from those same people for their stuff on EC, really annoying!!! As for getting anything from the feed ,bushels, mystery seedlings etc seem to be a thing of the past. Once I have finished my masteries in a week or so I may well be saying goodbye.................shame really
  • Chubby ButterbeanChubby Butterbean Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,124
    edited March 2011
    YES
    Nothing wrong with my old farm - soooooooo laggy though in comparison to EC.

I enjoy my farm, because I've lovingly created that over the last [nearly] two years. I enjoy EC cos it is shiny and new and I can breed sheep which is fun.

The more I play it, the more of a bind I'm finding the pause to be, but I'm not letting it stop me from playing, just have to be selective over what I want to do, where and when.
  • cochetacocheta Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 858
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I voted yes. I like the EC. I'm fairly good at adjusting to change.
  • PhoenixRPhoenixR Investigator Registered User Posts: 151
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I do like it, except for the whole pause thing. Although I may feel differently if the take away pause and I start killing crops everywhere. Plus, I still don't know how it works with my iPhone.
  • DandibearDandibear Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 42
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I'd like it if both farms ran all the time. But right now it just feels like it's detracting from my other projects, namely my orchards, crop mastery, and winery.
  • l_nesbittl_nesbitt Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I love the english countryside farm, but i don´t like the pause. I really want to play in both farms
  • irishsheilairishsheila Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    NO
    REALLY don't like that it pauses the farms when they're not loaded. Like I can't keep up with 2 of them or what? Until that feature is fixed, I don't know how much time I will be farming in the English Countryside.
  • FarmerNaishaFarmerNaisha Fisherman Registered User Posts: 126
    edited March 2011
    YES
    i like english countrysuide because of the building... i like the designs of the buildings and the mountains...i have already finsished all the quests and im just planting away now... if they do away with the pause it would be the best farm ever ...i do miss my first since i cant switch without resetting my request to expand a dairy but oh well :P
  • fula81fula81 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    NO
    i voted noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    the game became too boring and i decided to leave it till the pause features canceled
    its illogical to stay beside it leaving our life in order to pursue crops there is no any appreciation for us and our demand the matter is too easy just to leave it

i sent to the manager here but he doesn`t answer up tell now i feel that the dealing here is too bad and no one in hear the members or reply to our demands

we doesn`t ask agreat or big demand that receive this all negligence

bye every body and farmville till the managment appreciate us
  • Sallly MaidSallly Maid This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 26
    edited March 2011
    NO
    Loved the idea until I discovered the pause feature! I harvested one round of crops and it can sit there now until they decide to take the pause feature off. I've spent too much time and money on my original farm to ignore it while I play on the new one. I've complained about this in several areas of the forums and don't see any results yet. I may go back to Farm Town if this keeps up at least the 6 farms I have there mature at the same rate.:(
  • Mmmine2Mmmine2 The Boss Registered User Posts: 978
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I love my EC farm and my home farm. I voted yes!!!! I spend a day on one and then the other so neither one gets neglected.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    NO
    While i really do love the EC, i cannot live with the pause. This is why i voted that i do not like the EC. I really want to play because it is beautiful and something new however I simply cannot and will not leave my home farm to sit stagnant. As long as the pause exists i will only go there to dump all the EC gifts i get as they are of no use to me. My wallet has been paused as well...
  • bettyb1bettyb1 Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 281
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I voted No. I do not like the EC in its present configuraton. I would vote yes if we could farm both farms at the same time but I hate the pause feature and I will not abandon my home farm that I have spent a lot of time and real money on to start all over again on another farm.
  • twotallshortytwotallshorty Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 24
    edited March 2011
    NO
    Like a lot of people, I do like the FVEC but I detest the pause feature.
  • T.O.Double.D.T.O.Double.D. Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I voted no. The pausing thing has got to go. I like the unique crops and sheep breeding of the English Countryside, but not at the cost to my home farm. I may not stop playing Farmville, but I will definately stop buying Farm Cash until the pausing is eliminated.
  • jacquiscrapjacquiscrap Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 18
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I'm enjoying it. I love my original Farm, but am having great fun "playing" on a new one.
    No pressure to "level up" as I'm already over 100, but just decorating and hopefuly making funky coloured sheep!
  • rukiddingme59rukiddingme59 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    NO
    I voted no I do not like FVEC just because of the pausing issue. I also am opposed to the limits on sheep breeding and of course collecting gifts and what not as well a throttling. A limit of 200 gifts when you are trying to do two farms is too, well...limiting in my opinion. Give us an option as to whether or not we want to pause a farm.
  • Kans-farmerKans-farmer Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    YES
    Yes, I love my english farm from the new tune it plays, to the neat looking new out buildings.
    Like everyone else i hate the pausing of one farm ... wish they would fix that. I'm running out of coin.. the crops offered on the English side are not the most profitable.
  • max96max96 Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 25
    edited March 2011
    YES
    I like the EC farm concept. But Im not playing it. Im not going to abandon my base farm.
    I rather play a different farm game from a different company before I abandon my base farm for EC.
  • camijo30camijo30 Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 29
    edited March 2011
    YES
    Aside from the pause and no shared storage, I like it and am excited to play it. But I would be REALLY excited to play it if we could move some of our items to the new farm. My other (original) farm I had been trying to set it up basically like a big park area, with fountains, gazebos, and LOTS of trees/orchards. And so on the new farm I was excited to make it animal farm, even though I didn't think I would care so much for the sheep breeding as I would breeding other animals. But I have to say I am getting into the sheep breeding. I just don't want any bold colored, polka dotted sheep, but that can be done...in theory haha.

Back to the non-sharing of storage, this is causing me a big dilemma because now thinking of the England farm, I really want the England one to be my "park"-like area...or an English Garden feel. BUT, all those type items are on my original farm. So I basically have no choice but to have this farm either be an animal farm, or try to combine the animal farming, with the crops, and with an area for an English Garden, and oh yeah lets not forget about room enough to hold the Pub! I don't want a ridiculously packed farm!
  • Blue DuckBlue Duck Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 7 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    I can't complete the quests because I cannot send out requests for anything. I'm stuck in the beginning and cannot move forward. I would rather just be able to forget about quests. If we have the coins we need to make a purchase or expand our farm, we should be able to do so without posting requests for help from our neighbors. Too many glitches.:(
  • HuncaHunca The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,359
    edited March 2011
    NO
    While i really do love the EC, i cannot live with the pause. This is why i voted that i do not like the EC. I really want to play because it is beautiful and something new however I simply cannot and will not leave my home farm to sit stagnant. As long as the pause exists i will only go there to dump all the EC gifts i get as they are of no use to me. My wallet has been paused as well...

Kinda where I'm at. Plus, with the limits and throttle still in-force, I have to leave the game for hours at a time vs playing thru the day or night, as I once did. I'm losing interest, as a result.

I've put far too much time, effort, and money into my Home farm to leave it just sitting there. While I like the idea of making a lovely, flower-y English farm, I can't say that I think this has been a rousing success. Most of my upper-level neighbors have already abandoned their English farms, with huge expanses of plots left to wither. I don't think any of them are going to spend the money to bring them back, and neighbors doing that five at a time? just isn't going to do the job.

The sheep were fun for about a day. Now, I could care less. Way too much stuff to build, all at the same time. I can't even imagine how new players or those with a smaller amt of neighbors can even begin to try the EC. Plus, all I can see is this hoovering my cc, with all the different sheep they'll probably make and then sell. I tried it once... I have no intention of feeding that particular money-hungry baby.

I want to grow flowers. I've wanted to do that on my Home farm, but I guess the farmcash majority spend for the horses and other various animals, so those get the development-attention. The quests don't particularly bother me; nor do they overmuch interest me.

Nice idea, but way too expensive and limiting, overall. I'd rather have more storage for my Home farm and grow flowers.
This discussion has been closed.