Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farmer's Market Is Dying With The Pause

ChandraJordanChandraJordan Gabby EnthusiastSuspended User Posts: 91
edited March 2011 in FarmVille Discussion
Well my market is busier than ever, more products and more bushels.

I also have more neighbours playing...some have returned....

Maybe my neighbours are less bothered about the pause.

Watch this thread get locked though..

Comments

• getfuzzyrocksgetfuzzyrocks Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 696
    edited March 2011
    Mine has been empty as well...
  • eeyore2okeeyore2ok Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 177
    edited March 2011
    Not as many available for crafting from my neighbours so it's getting tougher to craft goods
  • WendimnWendimn Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 253
    edited March 2011
    Agreed....also...less trees and foals are being shared... :(
  • surfridersurfrider Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 39
    edited March 2011
    can someone clue me in, on how to turn off the pause...I panted yesterday and it is obviously paused...I have no idea how it happened or even how to reverse it...can anyone help this stupid blonde
  • eeyore2okeeyore2ok Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 177
    edited March 2011
    surfrider wrote: »
    can someone clue me in, on how to turn off the pause...I panted yesterday and it is obviously paused...I have no idea how it happened or even how to reverse it...can anyone help this stupid blonde
    You're not stupid, don't worry. You can't turn off pause though
  • Morethan FreemanMorethan Freeman Grand Poohbah Suspended User Posts: 608
    edited March 2011
    eeyore2ok wrote: »
    You're not stupid, don't worry. You can't turn off pause though

Yet :D

You know it is coming though. You can smell the announcement now..

'We have listened to our players and since we are a great company who care for our players we have now giving you the choice to un-pause both farms if you wish to do so. Did we say how caring we are and that we listen to our players?' :)
    edited March 2011
    huh...well how does it work then...
    by the way ...thanks for answering
  • aussieingermanyaussieingermany The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2011
    my market was well dead way before EC was released...i havent crafted in over a month...
  • ChandraJordanChandraJordan Gabby Enthusiast Suspended User Posts: 91
    edited March 2011
    surfrider wrote: »
    huh...well how does it work then...
    by the way ...thanks for answering

If you go to one farm, everything that grows or progresses on the other farm stops.

So how it works is zynga wants more money from us, so they thought "Well they'll buy insta grow with fC and they'll buy fuel with FC".
  • PBT2PBT2 Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 246
    edited March 2011
    Someone was saying in my feed today that Zynga is thinking in making the pause an option. I hope that ok.

I decided to have a go at EC during weekends (only daytime, at night my main farm will be on) and my farm during the week. I think I'll have the quests done in a couple of months :D
  • PatomanPatoman Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 34
    edited March 2011
    Before EC I could get bushels for my green rose crafts. I was having no problem leveling up all 3 crafts at least twice a day. Now EC comes along and I will be lucky if I get one mastered before the roses are removed from the seed market. There has been a huge change in the market and not for the good.
  • FaFaFooey2FaFaFooey2 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,448
    edited March 2011

'We have listened to our players and since we are a great company who care for our players we have now giving you the choice to un-pause both farms if you wish to do so. Did we say how caring we are and that we listen to our players?' :)

hehehe...you nailed it except I think it might come with a token FC refund too, ala the snowman fiasco..:D
    edited March 2011
    my market was well dead way before EC was released...i havent crafted in over a month...

That's the biggest surprise I got reading this thread...people are still crafting.
  • BreakwaterBreakwater Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,138
    edited March 2011
    FaFaFooey2 wrote: »
    That's the biggest surprise I got reading this thread...people are still crafting.
    I was making 12-18 items a day, now I can't get enough bushels for 4. :(
  • majapapayamajapapaya On Fire Registered User Posts: 863
    edited March 2011
    Thanks OP! I noticed this morning that a neighbor posted that they were selling ginger. I grabbed one from the post and then went to my farm to get more from her.
    Well she does not show up in my market. Then I went to my neighbor list and saw she is logged in on her EC farm.
    I don't have my EC farm yet. So I guess I will miss out on those ginger bushels. 8*(
  • RobToroRobToro Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 13,625
    edited March 2011
    There has definitely been a big shortage in bushels...and I have 300 neighbors :eek:

I really hate "p" with a burning passion -____________-
  • Lucky143Lucky143 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 760
    edited March 2011
    Crafting for me (and any rewards surrounding it) has been slowing down since the release.

Last time I went to my farm (over 30 hours ago now, and I ONLY have the one farm, by choice) I hadn't sold ONE single good in the previous 24 hours, and had only ONE neighbor come and get bushels from me - and I had 5 stalls open, with bushels needed for any of the 3 buildings.

THAT is unheard of for how my game "typically" goes. This is only one of the many issues I'm having in how my game has been negatively impacted. Majority of my neighbors are playing EC quite frequently, some exclusively.
  • raginiragini Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 17
    edited March 2011
    Hate to be cynical about it, but they certainly did not HEAR the MAJORITY of the players about the 28X28 expansion and adding more neighbors feature... I think Zynga only LISTENS to the players when it's something that Zynga WANTS to hear.

Anyway, I'm just quietly working on my farm (aside from the occasional grumbling - thanks for humoring me & allowing me to vent, guys!) & not wasting any more time on their official feedback threads.

edited March 2011
    If you go to one farm, everything that grows or progresses on the other farm stops.

So how it works is zynga wants more money from us, so they thought "Well they'll buy insta grow with fC and they'll buy fuel with FC".

oh okay....this helps me ....")
    edited March 2011
    Breakwater wrote: »
    I was making 12-18 items a day, now I can't get enough bushels for 4. :(

Yeah, I can see where this would really suck for those who do craft because in FV land, when anything new comes out, everyone rushes to complete whatever it is right away. I would think once EC calms down and people get in a groove bushels will start to come back (I hope so for those players that need them).

Or even better, Z decides to address this issue.
  • leaffallsshortleaffallsshort Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 97
    edited March 2011
    I'd say crafting has been slowly dying for some time. After the greenhouse there was a big drop off, and also now with the english farm there's been another big drop.

I think crafting would get a whole lot more excitement if they stuck to their word (as advertised in one of the winery/bakery/spa screens, not in front of me so I don't remember the exact wording) and allowed the goods to be traded in for something other than fuel. Water would be good to start. I haven't really stared breeding sheep, but if they need 10 bottles, that might be another thing that goods could be traded in for.

Unfortunately, I think the focus now is very "england" centric, and that all the old promises, such as this one will not truly be "coming soon" as they said.
  • RobToroRobToro Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 13,625
    edited March 2011

That day will begin my journey to the EC....:D
  • ElectralgalElectralgal Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 70
    edited March 2011
    I don't know if the pause will kill the market and crafting, I did'nt notice it myself, but it will kill for sure the coop jobs!
    How can you win the gold medal with the pause?
    Or you have to leave your other farm for days...
    I don't understand this gameplay.
  • Morethan FreemanMorethan Freeman Grand Poohbah Suspended User Posts: 608
    edited March 2011
    RobToro wrote: »

No doubt it will for many but Zynga will try to make out it was their idea to 'balance gameplay' or something and we will never know the real reason for the POD.

:(
  • Raynman5Raynman5 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2011
    Rob Toro wrote:

I'll ride over with you in the balloon :p

My crafting has dropped significantly since EC started. I can normally do 10 or 12 recipes a day, the last 2 days I've only been able to do 5 total :( . I can't tell if there's less available in the market or not but purchases have dropped from 30+/day to 5 or 6.

The biggest drop I have seen is in gifts, from 40+/day to less than 10 and most of them are bottles lol. Requests are way up though ;) I answer dozens every day lol.
  • .:Allen:..:Allen:. Grand Poohbah Suspended User Posts: 462
    edited March 2011
    I don't have enough to do ANYTHING. And I don't have a lot of fuel, so I have to buy what i need also...
  • katwoman9999katwoman9999 Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 479
    edited March 2011
    eeyore2ok wrote: »
    Not as many available for crafting from my neighbours so it's getting tougher to craft goods

Yep. Pretty dead this morning.
  • northernmagenorthernmage Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,815
    edited March 2011
    My market is dead also. Only managed to do 2 bakery items this morning. Usually I could have filled all my ovens. Visited a lot of neighbours and they haven't even planted anything, and no, they're not on the English farm either. I'm hoping that they haven't just up and quit. I know of 5 that did, but the weekends are usually busy and even the feed is dead.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    I am also having a hard time getting enough bushels...not to mention few are posting watering cans as well. It actually seems a lot of my friends aren't playing either farm at all as I have seen no posts from them when they used to post DAILY. What a game killer this "P" has become.
  • majapapayamajapapaya On Fire Registered User Posts: 863
    edited March 2011
    So it seems that if you are on EC, bushels from your reg farm are not offered to your neighbors on the reg farm.
    I don't see any neighbors that are logged on EC offering bushels on reg farm. And I know that at least one neighbor posted she has ginger but now she is logged on to her EC.

EDIT: This might be something everyone already knows. I just noticed it.
This discussion has been closed.