Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

English Countryside: Your Feedback on Pausing

Comments

• DHertDHert Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    I agree with the above posts. Please make it so that you can manage both farms at the same time. And remove the lock on our gifts so they can carry over to either farm. Please.
  • Ken GreshKen Gresh Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    The pause is absolutely ridiculous... again I agree with those who say no play if the pause remains... not worth the extra hassle of time management
    I come to play to relax not to find more constraint
    Pause = stupidity life does not pause

other things got messed up along the way with the new farm too but not supposed to talk about that here
  • drunkpigletdrunkpiglet Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I Hate the pause feature. I feel like you are making me choose one or the other. Please take it away.
  • anavianavi Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    I'm with everyone else, I want the pause feature gone. If this pause feature remains, I will either keep playing on my old farm or stop playing all together....
  • gianlucapratogianlucaprato Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 8
    edited March 2011
    This "pause" thing won't go so far. Personally, after I discovered my crops in my home farm were only 3% grown after 12 hours, I abandoned the English farm.

I still have to master the special crops grown in the greenhouse, so I don't see a reason to start planting new crops in the other farm!

I think you may separate the two farms in two different games so that people can choose without pausing anything.
  • KBurchKBurch Building Expert Registered User Posts: 6
    edited March 2011
  • MilazenMilazen Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 119
    edited March 2011
    Susie41 wrote: »
    The second farm can be helpful if you plant on the first farm and have to go somewhere and can't get back in time to harvest it, just switch to the other farm and use it as an unwither farm. I use it to put trees and animals that I get that I was selling, all the coins go to the same place so I use that advantage. I don't need an orchard there as I get enough trees from the one on my main farm. I can get the new trees from some of the feeds but they really aren't necessary. And I don't need a big combine either as I won't be planting much there except for quests. I won't be ignoring my main farm for anything on the second one. It is just extra space. I will be maybe raising the sheep on there but that is about all. Hope this gives some of the people who don't like the pause feature some ideas that help.

Agree with you Susie, We need to learn how we can use it before to said it is not working. Pause could be useful... I am thinking on vacation, week-ends, planting in the morning, not sure if I will be back on time, trivial issues...

I think expectations from player is the problem... great expectations but not in the same direction.
  • iamdsiamds Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 3 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    Definitely turn off the pause! I know I plant stuff on my farms based on when I can get back to harvesting crops. Now I have crops on farmville that I thought would be done by now and are only 25% done, which means I may not be able to get to them and they will wither. The crops on the English farm will not grow now because I have to let them crops grow on farmville.

Please turn off the pause function!
  • rmitscherrmitscher Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 48
    edited March 2011
    It definitely appears that there won't be much feedback about the EC itself unless the pause is disabled. As for what has been cited as the "official explanation" -that it is too difficult to maintain more than one farm - well, that's ca-ca. There are other farming games that allow more than two farms, and, as a responsible gamer, I am capable of maintaining all of them lol.

As far as actual features of having a 2nd farm, I would like to be able to transfer at least some items from my main farm to the second farm. I have a lot of decorative items in storage that I am not using now on my main farm because I am more focused on crop mastery and want all of the plot space that I can get. I saw there was something on EC about asking for surveying help but I didn't even go there. When I saw that, my feeling was that the EC farm will turn into another one of Zynga's games where the entire success of the game is centered around enormous amounts of friend solicitation - a major turn off, if that's the direction it is going to take.

All in all, though, the features, or lack there of, of the EC are irrelevant if so many people are refusing to play it. I visited EC on the first day it was available and took a look around and planted some crops. I clicked to return to my main farm and saw the message that everything on EC would be paused and I haven't been back.
  • Count Blah 1Count Blah 1 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    I don't like the pausing at all. I also want my un-wither ring to work on both farms! :mad:
  • NanaforPNanaforP Muffin Registered User Posts: 2 Muffin
    edited March 2011
    From reading the feedback on this, it seems no one likes it, neither do I.

It's like getting a gift at Christmas, but not getting the batteries until New Year's to use it!
  • janukanujanukanu Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I only discovered the "pause" feature yesterday. I'd planted English roses for the mission, after planting basil in my regular farm. Then I went to bed... assuming all would grow. In the morning I found out that my original farm had frozen in time. I didn't realize I had to choose between a mission in the English countryside, and my regular farming.

Do I like it? Nope.

I will not be playing at the English countryside until/unless the pause "feature" becomes either optional or obsolete. Worst case, I'll sell my English items and try to skim over all the English Countryside posts in my feed.
  • egigiegigi Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 11
    edited March 2011
    I think pausing is a very bad idea. I usually plant in the evening, harvest in the morning, and it is very annoying that I have to choose between the two farms. Of course I choose the original one since it is much bigger, brings more coins. I won't use the EC unless you remove this function. If you really want to be helpful, then pause only the withering function but not the growing one.
  • jeeniemarijeeniemari Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    I probably wont play the EC for long. I've put a lot of hard work into my regular farm and I don't want all of that to go to waste. The plus to working both farms would have been making a profit out of both of them. And since I obviously can't do that the farm I've put the most work on will be the one I play.
  • jock60jock60 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 22
    edited March 2011
    507 pages of get rid of pause and still no reply from zynga..love the EC farm but not at the expense of my home farm..pause needs to be dropped now..its a stupid idea..we ar mostly all adults and should be allowed to play both farms in conjunction with each other
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    This pause issue has now became a Cause on FB. Everyone please go join "Stop pausing our Farm, while we go to English Countryside". http://www.causes.com/causes/595462-stop-pausing-our-farm-while-we-go-to-english-countryside?recruiter_id=172725976 , there's the link. There are already 8,379 people joined. I posted on my profile and sent the invite to friends and after 2 minutes, I already had 3 friends join. Some of my friends didn't even know about the pause!!!

I was so excited to play and it is so beautiful, but I can't just leave my home farm behind. I love that farm. I have spent a lot of time on it and the couple times i did visit the EC all I could think about was my farm sitting paused.

Maybe once the causes page gets more members than the number of people who "liked" the EC fan page, Zynga will finally listen...
  • MilazenMilazen Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 119
    edited March 2011
    I am just ask a question to Zynga:

Did you test with players this game before release? If the answer is yes, what did they said regarding the pause?
  • heidi vanbrabantheidi vanbrabant Building Expert Registered User Posts: 27
    edited March 2011
    i don't want to pause, because, you plant seeds, you think I can be back in 8 hours or i can come back in 2 hours, or i'll go away a few days an i will planting seeds foor 3 days or so. but if you will look at the other farm and you forget to go back than it didn't grow. and you'le have to wait agan. and i was barn raising in my farm than i go look at english and today it was gone. please let the pause away, i stay at the usual farm, i like two farms, but don't pause the other, when you are at on farm.
  • volcohillvolcohill Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    I would like to see both farms progressing simultaneously.
    That keeps you busy, and can cause less boredom while waiting for one farm to produce.
    I play another farm game too, and I have four farms going at once and can keep expanding.
  • pattigaylepattigayle Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 73
    edited March 2011
    The pause is horrible. I want to work in both farms, not just one.
  • Billy PilgrimBilly Pilgrim Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 200
    edited March 2011
    Havre just sent a copy of this to my nieghbours, on lower levels and trying to master trees and crops.
    None of em will be getting an EC farm now.
    I for one, on this response,. wont bother with it either.
    I shall REMAIN on my home farm. That is the one that is making me money.
    Im not that into Sheep breeding or Masteries.
    I like FARMING.
    Oh well. NO MORE FVC Dollars from me Zynga.
    Cos in their words from this ITS TOUGH SO GET ON WITH IT.
    OUTRAGED from the UK HERE

Yep, I saw it as a big "stick it up your ****", too, lol. I might be able to master crops faster in England, but that means I'd need to put my 70 orchards on hold and not be able to harvest my belted cows to earn money to buy more decorations. I honestly do not understand why the pause, unless it's an attempt to make more money from the players purchasing insta-grow. So why not just make it a different game? Those who want to play EC and FV both will be able to do that. People with cash would still spend on both farms. The ones who choose not to do EC won't have it shoved in their faces and be bombarded with begging posts on the feed and in help requests. I get way more help requests these days than I do gifts. I am still helping, but that's all I've been able to do for the last two days. If sheep breeding means that I'm going to have to answer 50 help requests for bottles every single day for the rest of eternity , then I'm going to simply find new neighbors who only play the regular FV. The amount of begging that EC requires is enough to completely turn me off this game, even without the pause feature. My farm won't load right very often since EC came along, my gifts are disappearing left and right and my frustration level is through the roof. I haven't even played at all today, since I'm getting nothing but the "black orchards of doom" and those spooky crop circles. My farm looks like a crazy quilt that has been chewed on by mice! (most likely mice from the EC, but Z has taken care of that, since I get a mouse trap every time I respond to a begging post on my wall...oh wait, the mouse traps are useless on my old farm.)
  • sue0321sue0321 Building Expert Registered User Posts: 14
    edited March 2011
    Like the English Farm! Nice to have more space and new crops. HATE THE PAUSE!!!!!! Why have two farms if only one works at a time? Seems like you have to make a choice as to what you want to do. Makes it hard to grow anything when nothing happens if you aren't on that farm. PLEASE: REMOVE the pause. ty
  • cathylcarcathylcar Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 14
    edited March 2011
    Good morning,
    I don't like the pause. I wont being playing EC until they get all the glitches and kinks out. I am not sure I even want to farms. I also don't care for the way we get back and forth to our farms, would be much easier to just click between the two.
    Thank you for all the hard work you have done in order for us to master new crops/trees and keep us interested in the game. I love FV
    Cathy
  • Mme_PeelMme_Peel Learning the Ropes Suspended User Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    (...)
    I just wish they just sold themes in farmville. None of this flying off to another farm situation while the other is paused. That is aburd. Sell themes to different countries. That will fly.
    (...)
    They should hire some graphic artists to do 20 different popular countries for themes. Just sell packags. Make it simple. All this is for is to compel all these Farmville people to expand and build and buy. But in reality it is just going to do the opposite. People will just say I am gone.
    (...)
    There is something fishy about this pause thing that they are not saying. It is suspicious. There is some reason behind it. To me it isn't in the best interest of the farmville players. There is a sneaky reason they are doing it. It is for money I am sure. Unless it is a technical reason they can't. But I doubt that. (...) But I don't see any reason why they couldn't put that on our real farms as something to purchase. Of course they can. And as far as the sheep breeding goes that doesn't interest me at all.

Lets go back to a normal Farmville before we all lose interest in this and get Englished out and feel we have been used and abused here with some money making scheme. Lets go back to the Zynga of yesterday without the dissension from this pause feature. Lets go back to the glory days of Farmville where we loved it and had no feelings of negavity of feeling done wrong. Lets go back to the simple times once again where throwing down a few plants and making a few coins was a thing of beauty, hope, and just plain fun. Do it Zynga before it is too late. At least get rid of the pause feature. It is really making you look like a bad guy here. You don't want to taint your good name with the watercooler talk being negative and not so pretty.

Even I cut few parts of your message :D I totaly agree with all your post.

I would like to have several farms in different countries (specially in Africa where I leaved :rolleyes:). Themes are a great and creative idea ! Zynga could make some money following this way. Why abuse the customers (with this false second farm) if they can make money honestly...?!?
  • Ladyhawke213Ladyhawke213 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    No no no pause. What was the thinking behind this. We players have become true farmers in the sense we know how long it takes to grow crops and when to harvest.. Hellooooo most of us also have a life, jobs, kids.. Timing is what makes FV fun. Now that is gone.. I have no idea when crops will mature on either farm now and if this is some ploy to buy instagrow then it better be for coins and not fc.
  • neenie2neenie2 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    Pause feature = bad idea. Holding off on the English farm until the pause feature is removed, hopefully soon.
  • KadamilliaKadamillia Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 115
    edited March 2011
    NanaforP wrote: »
    From reading the feedback on this, it seems no one likes it, neither do I.

It's like getting a gift at Christmas, but not getting the batteries until New Year's to use it!

lmao.. where's that FB 'like' button when you need it, lol
  • serena.chibaserena.chiba Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    i want the pausing gone. i want to be able to farm on both farms at the same time, and if my crops wither, well that's my fault.
  • AngeluskatAngeluskat Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 17
    edited March 2011
    This might come as a shock to Zynga but this is one of thier worse ideas ever. Along with most of the 'England Countryside Farm'. Some of it is racist and not very well thought out. Did Zynga watch old (black and white) films about England (remember, England is only a part of Great Britain and the UNION JACK - the flag they are using - is the BRITISH flag not the English flag)? They are so out of date. I had accepted their mistake in naming it ENGLAND and not BRITAIN but this is pretty pathetic. Also, the last time I flew to 'Florida' I noticed that the crops in Scotland were still growing when I got home.....so why is the game got a 'Pause' in it? Yeah ZYNGA - WHY did you put this in?
  • xsoftxsoft Fisherman Registered User Posts: 148
    edited March 2011
    like the 10 more people fiasco we have to add in order to expand, they will not say nothing, they will not do nothing, they just don't care, they just don't care about what we have to say......
This discussion has been closed.