Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official English Countryside Discussion Thread!

Comments

• craftycrosscraftycross On Fire Registered User Posts: 670
    edited March 2011
    Sorry everyone - I am currently enjoying the EC.
    I didn't get on til late yesterday but I am already up to the stock the bar quest.
    I have expanded all bldgs made available after earning - not buying them.
    I have 3 rams already w/out buying any, just breeding.

I had been following both here and on Farmville Freak so I had my GB stocked w/SDB, bottles, bld supplies, etc.

The only thing I have had to buy, other than for quests are market stalls & got tool shed for coin. Will wait til current available quests are done prior to buying & placing anything else.

I spent my time getting my home farm ready for this by completing all 3 LE masteries and most of my 2 day/under crops.

It was getting a little boring on my farm, just looking forward to growing trees. This is giving me something different to do.
  • vilpedavilpeda Building Expert Registered User Posts: 12
    edited March 2011
    So... Can I ask something? I've planted seeds in both farms and after time for growing expires, nor one, nor the other was ready for harvest! Why???
  • craftycrosscraftycross On Fire Registered User Posts: 670
    edited March 2011
    I am really surprised about all the posts complaining about experiencing the pause now that we have our farms.
    I mean this has been discussed in depth everywhere FV related.
    What was not understood about this?
    A lot of these complaints are from people w/multiple posts so they are not new here.

I do understand that there have been glitches & problems but they are just like the glitches and problems people complain about when they have to have the newest Ipod/phone or other electronic device.
    They have to be the 1st then complain when there are problems even though ALL these items always have problems when they 1st come out.
    Instead of being 1st & trying to complete everything immediately, maybe just wait a day, watch the forums, etc & see how easy it is to avoid these problems.
  • hungrycoyotehungrycoyote Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 64
    edited March 2011
    So the pause is a glitch and will be fixed and eventually both farms will work normally?
  • Sweet ThursdaySweet Thursday Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 463
    edited March 2011
    I read up on EC before it was released, so had a good idea of what we could and couldn't expect.

But I wasn't prepared for the theory to be so frustrating in practice. In effect, if I want to grow 12 hour crops on both farms, it will take 24 hours. It is just irritating.

I had an idea of turning over my home farm to decorating - and the EC for crop masteries. But of course - the seeds are completely different.

I just don't know. It was a good idea - but they seem to have made it virtually unplayable - and for no good reason. There is no interest for me in starting a new farm from scratch - not being able to share bushels, crafting stalls etc. I've expanded EC, thanks to great neighbours and far too many coins. But so far, haven't even bothered to plant the extra space. I can see it lying fallow most of the time.

:-(
  • sweetpea14sweetpea14 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 204
    edited March 2011
    Zynga i love you :D you made farmcash on sale and now i can buy a whole bunch for the ec!! Sheep breeding here i come
  • LepHysteriaLepHysteria Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 120
    edited March 2011

This is a total FAIL. What do the programmers think? Farmvillers are not capable of multi-tasking?

I don't know what they're thinking? We totally can multi task !! Why, every day i can harvest my trees AND make a grilled cheese sandwich for my kid !! :D
  • zyarahzyarah Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 366
    edited March 2011
    Here's how it went with my first EC experience. Loved the whole set up of getting there. Loved the appearance of everything. Quests went quick. Got to the part about planting the English roses and my thoughts were on how my original farm would be paused 6 hours while they grew. No spa products sold, my barns would not be ready to harvest around 2:00 as I am accustomed. Crops will not be ready now until way after I have gone to bed. Glad I didn't join a co-op this week.
    I messed around a little on the EC farm and made some plots, expanded etc but basically had nothing to do on it but wait 6 hours so left and joined real life for a while. I would have liked to go to my original farm and grow some trees, make some orchards re-decorate - maybe spend some farm cash BUT couldn't do any of that since I had to wait 6 hours.
    Finally that was done, moved on to next quest and now need baby bottles SO can leave EC and return to my real farm.
    It was sad to see no pink dots over anything. No animals ready to harvest, no leprecon tree ready to spit out gold, no orchards ready to give me water or seedlings. My spa products weren't ready and none were sold. SO - no money for me for all that time. Almost wasted time. I can see that I can't afford to spend much time in EC. Unless I junk it up and crowd it with animals and orchards I will have no coins for purchasing expansions or anything else.
    It is a shame really - I enjoyed it and it was fun. Just can't work the 2. Will have to work on original farm a week and then maybe play on EC a day for something different.
    I'm sad I can't have both.
  • ladysportfanladysportfan Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,157 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I am really surprised about all the posts complaining about experiencing the pause now that we have our farms.
    I mean this has been discussed in depth everywhere FV related.
    What was not understood about this?
    A lot of these complaints are from people w/multiple posts so they are not new here.

I do understand that there have been glitches & problems but they are just like the glitches and problems people complain about when they have to have the newest Ipod/phone or other electronic device.
    They have to be the 1st then complain when there are problems even though ALL these items always have problems when they 1st come out.
    Instead of being 1st & trying to complete everything immediately, maybe just wait a day, watch the forums, etc & see how easy it is to avoid these problems.

just because we understand doesn't mean we agree with the idea! And yet another person complaining about people complaining! :p
  • bflyangelbflyangel Investigator Registered User Posts: 42
    edited March 2011
    I love the concept of EC and have over the last year and a half spent hundreds of dollars on FV cash items to make my main farm look like an English countryside. I like the idea that some things in our GB can be used in the new area but what i HATE with a passion is the fact that I cannot access my storage to get items from there... I have over 20 stone fences, multiple buildings, decoration etc that would be ideal for EC. I spent the cash and coins once and won't do it again. Between the lack of transfer of items between the 2 farms and the pause feature I most like won't continue with EC
  • sweetpea14sweetpea14 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 204
    edited March 2011
    I don't know what they're thinking? We totally can multi task !! Why, every day i can harvest my trees AND make a grilled cheese sandwich for my kid !! :D

LOL!
    *FLIP* *Click click click click* *Flip*
    I can see that. We totally can multi-task. I do **** loads of homework AND harvest my trees while waiting for my last EC request to come in. Then i work my **** off clicking on my foals :D
  • LepHysteriaLepHysteria Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 120
    edited March 2011
    And don't forget, i need to tell my neighbors what orchards each of the tree seedlings came from !! Sheesh, thats hard work, no wonder i spend hours playing FV.
  • RockinFarmerRockinFarmer Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 306
    edited March 2011
    :mad:
    Every time I buy something or do something on my EC farm, I get the refresh message
    :mad:
  • Master GamerMaster Gamer Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 55
    edited March 2011
    I went through the steps necessary to go to my EC farm ... and putz around for a bit ... but I simply am not going to leave my original farm paused ... thus my EC farm will simply sit in limbo in a perpetual state of pause
  • luveeluvee Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 64
    edited March 2011
    EC...As much use as an Ashtray on a Motorbike.!

Post of the day, week, month, year....oh heck, probably forever. :D
  • hungrycoyotehungrycoyote Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 64
    edited March 2011

LOL! Yes, multi-tasking is the only way I've been able to play FV in the first place.

I haven't been to the forums in a while, so I came over to find out if other people were complaining about the PAUSE feature. I gather from what I've read that it is the biggest complaint about the new EC.

I also gather that the reason Zynga has done this is to encourage people to buy FV$ so they can speed things up ... ultimately earning Zynga more money. Okay, I get they are in business, but the majority of people seem to dislike it and are abandoning their EC Farms and concentrating on their original farms, or visa versa.

Seems to me it would be more profitable for Zynga to turn off the PAUSE, and offer enticing things for people to buy with their FV$. For example, one person noted that there is no point in buying the Unwither Clock Tower because nothing will ever wither with the PAUSE feature.

I for one will not be buying FV$ to speed up the growing processes. I use my FV$ mostly to buy the new trees. But what's the point? If all the trees on my main farm go dormant every time I play EC?

The EC Farm was advertised as offering FASTER MASTERY! It still shows up on my screen when I log in to FV. LOL! They need to take that down if they are going to leave the PAUSE feature on because that's a lie. You can't get FASTER MASTERY if your EC farm goes dormant when you switch to your original farm.
  • flygirl1125flygirl1125 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    How come when you move from one farm to the other, the one your not on stops growing?
  • hayseedhayseed Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 83
    edited March 2011
    So if we build up the storage cellar in EC, will you get storage for 500 more items or is the storage shared between the farms?
    I hate to even get my hope up. :p

I'd like to make a suggestion. We should be able to move things from one farm to another. For instance, I placed the union jack flag on my home farm and really wish to place it on my EC farm.
  • LilbettylouLilbettylou Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 27
    edited March 2011
    1)I am not liking the pause feature at all, really screws with doing a Co-op....

2)We should be able to access our storage from either farm.

3)Why upgrade the Sheep Pen, when all I can do is breed 1 sheep at a time, UNLESS I
    spend 30 FVCASH on another RAM.
  • cochetacocheta Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 858
    edited March 2011
    1)I am not liking the pause feature at all, really screws with doing a Co-op....

2)We should be able to access our storage from either farm.

3)Why upgrade the Sheep Pen, when all I can do is breed 1 sheep at a time, UNLESS I
    spend 30 FVCASH on another RAM.

you can get a ram when breeding. I got a ram and a ewe when I bred.
    edited March 2011
    TY Cocheta, So I may end up with a second ram from breeding.
    This is good to know, I was thinking about buying some 40% off FVC to buy another Ram. Ok fingers crossed I get a Ram in a few hours.
  • gratefulcatgratefulcat Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,864
    edited March 2011
    i am sure that this has been asked/answered 100 times...please spare me going thru every post...what are the crops that need to be planted for the next quest after you make a lamb? would like to get them in the ground now. trying to get past the first few quests before i abandon ec to concentrate on my original farm (until they remove the dreaded pause)
  • SaraSaraSaraSaraSaraSara Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 10
    edited March 2011
    When visiting neighbors, it only brings up their English farm first (if they have one), and I can't figure out how to get to their normal farm. I've clicked the airship, but nothing happens. Help!!
    edited March 2011
    When visiting neighbors, it only brings up their English farm first (if they have one), and I can't figure out how to get to their normal farm. I've clicked the airship, but nothing happens. Help!!

It depends what farm your neighbor left from last.......If they left from farm #1 that is the one it will bring you too.

So the farmer has to decide what farm to leave from, so there crops and stuff can keep growing while the other one is put on HOLD <---- DISLIKE
  • KnomoorKnomoor Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 33
    edited March 2011
    i am sure that this has been asked/answered 100 times...please spare me going thru every post...
    Why? There's a search function to "spare" you ;) (At least I took the time to answer :D )
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    soooooo, you want me to spend how much on items in the EC???? Before the release of the info on the pause i was totally ready to make that jump and buy farm cash, and now after the release and no way to turn off the pause, um, no thanks. I'll be saving my money for real things i can use in the real world. And yeah, no EC for me. I have too much going on on my original farm to leave it paused and stagnant. Make the pause optional and give us some more items we can buy with coins. Thanks
  • gratefulcatgratefulcat Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,864
    edited March 2011
  • NickBrownNickBrown Muffin Registered User Posts: 14 Muffin
    edited March 2011
    Ditch the pause feature!!!! Plz!!!!
  • danequindanequin On Fire Registered User Posts: 721
    edited March 2011
    Pause needs to go and not a huge fan of asking for stuff with out sending it like the surveys...wish they were shared and stuff...but it works except for the pause it messes everything up
  • RStonesRStones Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 163
    edited March 2011
    Funny how when the 'pause' is mentioned on any other thread, it gets closed. But on a thread ABOUT the pause, people can discuss their sheep breeding and quest stuff and nothing is said??? Just saying, not that a double standard is such a bad thing. Happy farming!!!
This discussion has been closed.