Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one not doing the EC thing?

Comments

• nyquil junkienyquil junkie Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 41
    edited March 2011
    belle7478 wrote: »
    When you leave, the one you were last on wiill grow. You can't use two laptops for same account. Farm will go OOS.

Well... that makes the pause thing double blow.

but hey, I got a tardis out of it. How cool is that? :p
  • atomic01atomic01 Party Starter Registered User Posts: 533
    edited March 2011
    I placed my airship, travelled, started my EC by removing all the land because Im not going to have one farm on pause.
    So Im using it as a way to get that dorking chicken. But now that I have that, Im not returning until the pause feature is removed. I put a sign on the farm that says "Thanks for visiting, but I won't be playing here until the pause is removed!"

Great idea... except people will only see that farm, and therefore the sign, while you're actually playing on it... otherwise it's... you know (not going to say it... starts with a P and sounds like "caused") ;)
  • pasivpasiv Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 17
    edited March 2011
    Nope. Working on getting access to it and then I'll stick to my normal farm. Like someone's said - just in case we 'need' it in the future.
  • lilkikililkiki Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,104
    edited March 2011
    Nope not playing.
    I did go so far as to get it set up, just in case. But I had to go back to my farm since I have orchards, crops and animals that need to grow there.
  • DarfarmerDarfarmer The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 55
    edited March 2011
    grannyto6 wrote: »
    Because there is already a huge thread about this that they ask everyone to post anything about "it" there.

Oh, I see. Well, maybe they wont since it is not really about the P word. The P word is just getting thrown in there.
  • Fluffy SunshineFluffy Sunshine Colossal Titan Slayer Suspended User Posts: 269
    edited March 2011
    Just a reminder that the original topic of this thread is:
    Darfarmer wrote: »
    I have enough work on my farm without starting another one. I have no plans of going to EC. However, I feel like I'm alone. I have had very few gifts the last two days, instead, I have been bomb barded by help request. It is driving me nuts. I send out gifts to be returned and I get none returned, just help request. I am getting to the point I don't even want to open my gift request.

I let it stay separate from the official EC discussion thread because it really is a separate topic. Let's keep it that way, please :)
  • WintersongWintersong Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,092
    edited March 2011
    I'm with ya! I'm in the middle of a massive redecorating job and then I'll be working on my trees and co-ops and stuff like that. No EC for me :)
  • Canadian Games FanCanadian Games Fan Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 283
    edited March 2011
    I'm not doing it right now because of the pause. I want to finish my remaining crop and tree masteries on my home farm. I did build all of the animal buildings on the English farm, but didn't plant anything (took out the crops to move stuff around).

After telling my neighbours about the pause (most didn't know about it), most of them are doing the same thing as me, leaving the English farm alone.
  • caryw7caryw7 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,706
    edited March 2011
    alot of my neighbors are checking it out, which is expected..so gifts are slow for me right now..too busy with all the requests..I'm sure that will die down, as more and more are finding this P thing makes it not so much fun. I got bored with it pretty quick myself..build this, build that, beg for this, beg for that..
  • LilacrushLilacrush Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,874
    edited March 2011
    You are far from alone OP, many of us are just waiting for the novelty of the EC to die down in the hope that gifting etc will return to normal.
  • kiderskiders Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 37
    edited March 2011
    I have no interest in doing the EC and am having the same experiences as all of you. My suggestion is that they give EC it's own icon. Sometimes it is difficult to determine if the request/gift is from FV or EC. I just skip the EC requests if I can. It's annoying. The items offered look interesting, but the pause feature turns me off.
  • momgoose72momgoose72 Fisherman Registered User Posts: 150
    edited March 2011
    Not sure what is going on with the EC farm - but I had completed a Co-op. Was on my EC farm and given the opportunity to add a new Bakery. Then of course, in true Zynga fashion - it said my page was out of sync and needed to be refreshed. I hadn't placed my building yet and when it refreshed the building is missing. Have no clue where it went to and it isn't in my gift box. Can anyone help?
  • lindascheimannlindascheimann On Fire Registered User Posts: 202
    edited March 2011
    I have an English farm open, but I am not keeping it active. It's decorated as a country retreat for now. (No, I do not spend farm cash, only coin). I've given it an English dairy barn so that my nursery barn products can be moved there via the gift box (this is working). It's pretty, but it's paused. And I have no plans to breed sheep or to run a pub, which is the available English crafts building. I did set up one market stall, and if I should unpause it later on, planted hops and barley as the likely crops for those who do have pubs.

I have definitely noticed a decline in wall posts of crafts bushels, and of regular gifts. Most of my neighbors (I have about 75) just started England last night, so it's early days as to how it will affect my winery. I am already growing my own crops for that somewhat, because so many of my neighbors decided to master the greenhouse hybrid crops, leading to bad farmers' market selection of what I need.

I am a loner by nature, so not too bothered. I am definitely centered on my main farm - I plant lots of different crops, so still have quite a few masteries to work on. Basically, I am relieved so far that I could claim the English plot without tons of quests, and now am content to put it on *hold*.
  • lindascheimannlindascheimann On Fire Registered User Posts: 202
    edited March 2011
    momgoose72 wrote: »
    Not sure what is going on with the EC farm - but I had completed a Co-op. Was on my EC farm and given the opportunity to add a new Bakery. Then of course, in true Zynga fashion - it said my page was out of sync and needed to be refreshed. I hadn't placed my building yet and when it refreshed the building is missing. Have no clue where it went to and it isn't in my gift box. Can anyone help?

The only English crafts building I have seen in the market while there is the pub.
  • rosekeithrosekeith Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 24
    edited March 2011
    im using mine for a animal farm losing money due to the pause . i was really excited until i got on this morning and none of my crops grew i will still help my friends but im not planting on the english farm
  • Mary501Mary501 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    Until this pausing business is stopped, I am not going to play English Countryside
  • LepHysteriaLepHysteria Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 120
    edited March 2011
    I think all of us not doing EC should get together, become Farm Neighbors so that we can share the good crops, and seedlings and watering cans !! :)
  • ponyboy0827ponyboy0827 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    i like the new English countryside so far. i only have 2 suggestions which i think will make this game a lot more fun to play....1) take off the pause feature, let us do both farms at the same time, this will make it more challenging hence more fun to play. with the pause feature, nothing is really being done to one of the farms at a particular time. this is no fun for anyone who plays...2) please let us transfer items from our home farms to the new English Countryside farms and vice versa.
  • LepHysteriaLepHysteria Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 120
    edited March 2011
    I think those are excellent suggestions, I would definitely play A LOT and probably spend an enormous amount of money too !! lol
  • Sweet ThursdaySweet Thursday Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 463
    edited March 2011
    I started yesterday and had a few fun hours mooching around and exploring But when I went back this morning and everything was exactly the same - got bored. So no - as of the moment, not playing.
  • KatieSkarletteKatieSkarlette Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 176
    edited March 2011
    I haven't gotten enough people to join my going-away party so I haven't been able to go to England yet. When I get there, I'll put some extra animals and set it up to look nice, then go right back to my main farm where all my favorite/rare items and animals are, where I've spent a lot of time and money.

I would LOVE a second farm that runs along with my original farm, where I can spread out and enjoy some of the things I have in storage, with no room to display. Since that's not possible right now, I'll just stay home. I love my original farm!
  • ThunderwolfThunderwolf Assassin Registered User Posts: 638 Mazter Guardian
    edited March 2011
    i like the new English countryside so far. i only have 2 suggestions which i think will make this game a lot more fun to play....1) take off the pause feature, let us do both farms at the same time, this will make it more challenging hence more fun to play. with the pause feature, nothing is really being done to one of the farms at a particular time. this is no fun for anyone who plays...2) please let us transfer items from our home farms to the new English Countryside farms and vice versa.

Totally agree.
    These are the major fails on EC which will keep many from playing it.
  • GrundobrosGrundobros Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 536
    edited March 2011
    QTshari wrote: »
    I have not even placed the airship on my farm, but my reasons are because of the Pause feature. When they remove that, then I expect to try EC.

Same here. As soon as I got the ship, I didn't place it down. I'll venture into EC if/when the pause is removed.
  • cmccasandracmccasandra Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 344
    edited March 2011
    I have one sort of set up. I just don't like the pause thing. I have so much invested in my original farm.
    Maybe they'll fix the pause thing eventually.
    So my farm is there but I'm not doing a whole lot with it.
    I love the buildings on it
  • Master GamerMaster Gamer Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 55
    edited March 2011
    I did the necessary steps to get to EC ... it wasn't that hard ... I did a few things on my EC ... but I'm not going to leave my original farm paused. That means my EC will remain forever in pause-limbo.
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    You are not alone. I went, i saw and when i had to plant those roses, i left and won't go back at the expense of my original farm. Way too much left to do and i can't let my orchards just sit there not producing anything when i have put in a lot of effort to get all those trees. Until the pause situation is dealt with my EC will be on a permanent pause and so will my spending.
  • rcdeerrcdeer Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 93
    edited March 2011
    I'm not,,,have enough trouble on fv.. plus the limits an throttle add 10 neighbors,,now the pause? gees..it's gettin like work..at a bad bad job! was SOOOO much fun....but seems others are into EC ...good fer them..i jus want fv fixed,,,so it loads an no oos...then maybe .............................
  • RStonesRStones Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 163
    edited March 2011
    Staying with MY farm. Some of my neighbors are trying it out, good for them. I enjoy my current farm, functioning just fine. I've put a lot of time in on it, and with the current, shall we say p***e, I really can't see putting in the time to mess around with it as I won't be using it. Kind of silly, to me, to start over with another quest filled, story-line infested thing, and ruin what I already have. that's just me. Maybe later, can't be bothered with it now. Or maybe not.
  • 88yankeegirl88yankeegirl Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 779
    edited March 2011
    I admit - I putted around EC for a little bit yesterday... but I REFUSE to let MY farm sit collecting dust.. so the only thing I will do is hop over to EC, collect some potions - breed sheep immediately (I won't wait) then hop back HOME and stay until the next day... so what - 10 minutes MAX.... I'm sure I'll get bored doing that eventually then EC will sit and collect dust until the PAUSE is removed.....
  • ShamrockerShamrocker Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,824
    edited March 2011
    Well, I was going to give it a go, but Zynga decided for me and I won't be doing it. I finished the 35 invites mission, started travelling to EC, got the little "flying" scene, my game went OoS and I lost all my progess on the invites. It now says I have 0/35. That's it for me. I am NOT going to send out 35 more. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.