Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

English Countryside: Your Feedback on Pausing

Comments

• GabbingraceGabbingrace Pumpkin Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    The pausing of game play is not a helpful tool. It's like you don't believe people can multi-task and forcing people into choosing one game over the other. I do not like the pausing feature, if you gave a choice to pause it, then maybe it would be beneficial in some cases. I like the new EC but I've put in a lot of hard work in the Home FV, it's like loosing progress. Please remove the pausing, I don't want to be forced into choosing one game over the other.
  • peckmom3peckmom3 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    I think getting rid of the pause would be the best thing, it's not like it's terrible difficult to move from one farm to another in order to harvest when it's time. I'd like to know that what I planted on one farm is still maturing while I'm playing on the other.
  • Lexie_GirlLexie_Girl Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 45
    edited March 2011
    I'm level 103 and have mastered every crop but four. I think I'm capable of working two farms at the same time.

DITCH THE PAUSE FEATURE!!!
  • always1453always1453 Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 17
    edited March 2011
    I was looking forward to tending both farms so the pause is bad for me. Is there a way you can make the pause an option on the EC Farm?? No one I know who currently plays farmville wants to stop working their current farms, it would be nice to be able to build up our EC Farm and work our current farms at the same time, especially since we've worked so hard on our current farms already. I don't want to pause my work there nor do I want to take forever to work on my EC Farm. Pausing option would be a great idea, then people can choose to work both farms together or one at a time. Maybe give a time limit or make restrictions on pausing, I don't know but I do know default pausing is killing me LOL I love the EC Farm but hate the pause :(
  • anita11374anita11374 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 42
    edited March 2011
    This has to be the lamest feature I have ever seen. Sorry I even bothered to get the farm in England.
  • jayjajayja Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    sorry also forgot to put this on but they said english farm would be faster but its the same as home farm! they should of just gave us the new things on home farm as it takes the same time & just gave us bigger farms. lost out on lots on my home farm 2day so am staying on home farm now & if we dont get to move at least the fv cash things i may stop playing the game & we put money on each week, have all the latest trees & horses apart from this weeks as am not buying a thing for cash till i can move them & use both farms at the same time & they speed up english like they said it would be!
  • Robby MezasRobby Mezas Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 19 Building Expert
    edited March 2011
    GOt to my EC today and realized that this is COMPLETELY misleading. As everyone has said it is not a second farm but an alternate farm. I got a notification when I left the EC that my EC would be on pause, however, when I left my main farm I got no such notice. This is basically tricking me into thinking I can spend hours over there and my main farm will still grow. The only reason I knew of the pause before hand is because I have been visiting the forums for the past couple of months. How many people have no clue??? As many have said before there has been FALSE ADVERTISEMENT of a second farm.

I am so disappointed and was so looking forward to experiencing the EC from the start as I did not do that with FV. And here's the thing, I was actually ready to finally buy some farm cash after playing for over a year...I am quite hooked on this game and really enjoy my morning routine. Now that EC has come out and I cannot have 2 farms as was advertised and teased for months I do not believe I will be spending my hard earned money on a game run by a company who think that their customers cannot handle 2 farms. Good customer service means you LISTEN TO WHAT PAYING CUSTOMERS are saying and attempt to find a middle ground. Not one person here feels as if they are being listened to. One example is the promotion for the super crop. Kinda weird that such a popular game that millions play could not get 2.5 million likes for EC. In fact I heard a lot of people say they UNLIKED the fan page after finding out about the pause.

I sincerely hope this pause feature is made optional or removed altogether. Most games kids play these days are far more complicated than this so I think you underestimate your players greatly. I am a working mom with 2 small boys and a husband who also works. I schedule my farming around my kids and work schedule. Having my farm on pause would ruin that completely and ultimately cause me to stop playing, or in the least hold off on visiting my EC farm until i have completed my crop masteries. I also play CV and FV and have no problem scheduling my crops to be ready when I can get to them in time to harvest. Tell me how I can't manage 2 farms in one game? Where is the logic in that?

In conclusion I WILL keep playing my original farm, but I will sadly not be visiting the EC until the pause is removed, or I finish my crop masteries. I will also NOT BE SPENDING MONEY to buy into a company that clearly could care less how a majority of customers feel. It's bad enough getting told to 'Whoa there farmer slow down", pause is just a kick in the teeth. I'm sure my husband would love this pause as it means I won't be opening my wallet to the game.

Here's to hoping someone actually reads these comments and listens. 212 pages after just 2ish days of the EC coming out should surely mean something...
  • ScottieMomScottieMom Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I would prefer not to have the farms 'pause'. I doubt I would play EC if it causes a 'pause' on my current farm. I am farming two farms already (one for a friend) and I have no problem with keeping them both going at the same time - no pauses.
  • flowerprojoflowerprojo Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 2 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    I had no idea that this pause thing was going to happen. I spent FV cash to get EC early to only find that nothing had been growing. I am very unhappy about this, and even more frustrated that I spent money on it. I believe that you will have an outpoor of upset users, I love FV and was looking forward to having two farms working at the same time. I like being able to use items from my giftbox in EC that is good. I also have an anti-wither ring and would like it to work on both farms. Please consider changing this pause thing, it is no fun because there is not much to do on this EC with it this way. I agree with others, I am not happy about this.
  • susieq60002susieq60002 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I have not quite gotten to England yet, but I am not in a hurry. Until both farms are made active I am not too interested in playing the new one. I may build to clean out my giftbox, but my current farm will remain the active one. The same goal could have been accomplished by just giving us a 2nd farm and letting the sheep be with the rest of the animals we already have. England could have been a theme. Another farm game has multiple farms, and items may be placed anywhere, as well as all farms being active all the time. Huge disappointment here.
  • SallyJoSmithSallyJoSmith Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    Please get rid of the pause. Both farms should run at the same time, if people find it too difficult to play both farms at the same time, which they really shouldn't, then give them the option of pausing the other farm on their own, don't force all of us to do it.With the pause in effect we get no chance of mystery seedlings from trees we paid cash for, no chance of foals from horses we paid cash for and no coins from anything on our original farms, if we play our original farms then we are unable to do missions in England or breed sheep or build up the farm at all, it really doesn't make any sense. Make the pause go away quickly please.
  • Lucky143Lucky143 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 760
    edited March 2011
    GraceLebo wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing, even though there's a 40% off sale right now & I'm just about out of FC.

With the pause in place, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be playing even traditional FV. I love a sale & hate being out of FC, so it's hard not to buy. :D But, it doesn't make sense to spend money on the game the way things are now.

My regular FV playing is changed already just in the short time since EC has been released. I think ALL of my neighbors are over there (even though many of them don't like the pause) and so I'm only getting help requests, very few gifts and my wall is EC everything. No goods sold, no bushels taken, no neighbors have visited my farm - booo I'm giving it a bit more time before I either just take a very long break from the game, or overhaul my neighbors list :(

I'm tempted to take advantage of the 40% sale also, my fc is getting low, BUT, with everything going on right now - it seems foolish of me to buy any FC. So, I haven't.
  • beppermeebeppermee Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    215 pages of negative feedback and still no response from a staff person from Zynga. Don't ask for feedback if you don't want it. Remove the pause feature. It's not a second farm if you have to choose which farm you want to progress in. Stupid.
  • Izzy-RCIzzy-RC Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 787
    edited March 2011
    GOt to my EC today and realized that this is COMPLETELY misleading. As everyone has said it is not a second farm but an alternate farm. I got a notification when I left the EC that my EC would be on pause, however, when I left my main farm I got no such notice. This is basically tricking me into thinking I can spend hours over there and my main farm will still grow. The only reason I knew of the pause before hand is because I have been visiting the forums for the past couple of months. How many people have no clue??? As many have said before there has been FALSE ADVERTISEMENT of a second farm.

I am so disappointed and was so looking forward to experiencing the EC from the start as I did not do that with FV. And here's the thing, I was actually ready to finally buy some farm cash after playing for over a year...I am quite hooked on this game and really enjoy my morning routine. Now that EC has come out and I cannot have 2 farms as was advertised and teased for months I do not believe I will be spending my hard earned money on a game run by a company who think that their customers cannot handle 2 farms. Good customer service means you LISTEN TO WHAT PAYING CUSTOMERS are saying and attempt to find a middle ground. Not one person here feels as if they are being listened to. One example is the promotion for the super crop. Kinda weird that such a popular game that millions play could not get 2.5 million likes for EC. In fact I heard a lot of people say they UNLIKED the fan page after finding out about the pause.

I sincerely hope this pause feature is made optional or removed altogether. Most games kids play these days are far more complicated than this so I think you underestimate your players greatly. I am a working mom with 2 small boys and a husband who also works. I schedule my farming around my kids and work schedule. Having my farm on pause would ruin that completely and ultimately cause me to stop playing, or in the least hold off on visiting my EC farm until i have completed my crop masteries. I also play CV and FV and have no problem scheduling my crops to be ready when I can get to them in time to harvest. Tell me how I can't manage 2 farms in one game? Where is the logic in that?

In conclusion I WILL keep playing my original farm, but I will sadly not be visiting the EC until the pause is removed, or I finish my crop masteries. I will also NOT BE SPENDING MONEY to buy into a company that clearly could care less how a majority of customers feel. It's bad enough getting told to 'Whoa there farmer slow down", pause is just a kick in the teeth. I'm sure my husband would love this pause as it means I won't be opening my wallet to the game.

Here's to hoping someone actually reads these comments and listens. 212 pages after just 2ish days of the EC coming out should surely mean something...

I unliked the EC fan page...
  • RIAP27RIAP27 The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 725
    edited March 2011
    The pause feature already messed up my harvesting this am on my Home farm. I do not like it. I can managedf two farms easily. I manage EIGHT on another game that allows FULL storage and gift access too to all farms.
    So for PAUSE-DISLIKE!!!!
  • mightymimmiemightymimmie Muffin Registered User Posts: 16 Muffin
    edited March 2011
    I don't like the pause. I accidentally stayed on EC last nite, and of course nothing had grown or progressed on my original farm. Will not be playing EC until they get rid of pause. When I used to play Farm Town, we had more than 1 farm, and nothing paused. Everything continued to grow and progress no matter which farm you were on when you left the game.
  • LethiaLethia Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 23
    edited March 2011
    I don't like it, it forces the choice whether to tend one farm or another, and I think that is ridiculous. I have invested so much time in the first farm, there is no way I'm not choosing it over the new farm.

It is not difficult to manage two farms...you do all your work on one, then switch and tend the other while your timers are working on the other. If you don't do it that way, in fact, it seems like tending the farm and then leaving it is pointless.

If you wanted to do it this way, you should have just made it a separate game.

Plus...feels like a broken promise. The big hype about the English farm was that we are supposed to be able to master things faster. But if both farms are not running at the same time, then nothing is happening at all, really.
  • ElliesfarmElliesfarm Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 950 Guru of Mayhem
    edited March 2011
    I've got to EC now and I hate the pause feature even more than I expected.

Like many others, I plan my crops in line with when I expect to be able to harvest. I've found it impossible to plan planting because I didn't know how long I'd stay on EC when planting my main farm.

Please remove the pause; I could live with an option to turn it off.

I'm level 100, all regular FV crops mastered, now working on crafting and greenhouse crop masteries.
  • irismagikirismagik Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    stop the pause. i don't want to play on the new farm if the crops won't grow on my old one. also i want things in my storage shed to work in England and we should be able to transfer some animals over as well.. come on it seems like it's just a ploy to get us to buy farm cash.
  • bethhernandezbethhernandez Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I do NOT like the pause. I believe the vast majority of us that play are able to keep up with both farms. PLEASE remove the pause.
  • CristinaHCristinaH Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 12 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    Luciole78 wrote: »
    Now that it look like to be official ,I won`t play your EC game at all.... This is my feedback

Totally agree!!!
  • 1LIR1LIR Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 125
    edited March 2011
    Just way too much switching back and forth so each farm can get time. Most likely I will just stop EC and stick with FV. I have spent way too much time and FV cash to get it where its at and I'll not put this farm on hold!!
  • nothemesiahnothemesiah Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I spent half a day working on my English farm. I spent over a year working on my other farm. Now it seems crazy that I must choose between the two. Not realy much of a choice. Take off the pause or I will not return to England except on vacation. Pretty simple.
    :cool:
  • discosoodiscosoo Muffin Registered User Posts: 11 Muffin
    edited March 2011
    I will not be playing EC anymore due to this pause issue. I didnt realise it paused everything, chicken coops, orchards etc. I will not abandon my home farm as I've put too much hard work into it for it to just lie dormant, and my neighbours look forward to my postings of trees and eggs, which they have had to miss out on today as a result of me being logged into EC. It's a stupid idea. Let them run together for goodness sake!!
  • SisterofDarknessSisterofDarkness Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 7
    edited March 2011
    the idea of pausing the other farm while working on the other is a stupid idea.
    i won't be playing EC until you have removed the pausing. i have worked way too hard to get where i am now with my farm.
  • Lottie LooLottie Loo Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2011
    Please get rid of it, running 2 farms at the same time is'nt a problem, i know people who play farm town and have 5 or 6 farms all running together (ive got 3 farms on that app and left it because i prefered fv but may go back to it if live pause doesn't go)
  • JLRAJLRA Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited March 2011
    I don't like it! Please let them both grow at same time.
  • SweetOneVTSweetOneVT Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
    I found this thread as I specifically wanted to express my displeasure with the pause feature. I will not be using my EC farm as I want to finish crop mastery etc on my Home farm. I was excited about having an EC farm until I found out about the pause feature.
  • CristinaHCristinaH Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 12 Loose Cannon
    edited March 2011
  • GullivergalGullivergal Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 16
    edited March 2011
    I agree! I was so excited because my sheep have been taking up so much darn room on my farm and with the sheep breeding, I guess I was silly to assume we'd be able to take the sheep from one farm to the other. And was really frustrated this morning when I planted blackberries, then went to the English farm to get it up & running, came back to harvest my Blackberries & they hadn't grown at all! The 'pause' was not a good idea and makes no sense to people that actually play the game. They touted 'faster mastery with new farm' but that can't happen if only one farm grows at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.