Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animals are moving around? Did something change?

siouxiechefsiouxiechef The One Who Knows It AllRegistered User Posts: 321
edited January 2010 in Bug Reporting
I just left my farm to come here and see if anyone else has rabbits, swans turtles, etc. moving around and rotating by themselves?! This is so weird:eek:

You may have accidentally hit the "allow walk" while trying to "harvest" the animal. If you have in the past, nothing happened. However now they seem to roam on their own.

All you need to do (very time consuming :eek:) is to go through each animal one by one and make sure it says "Allow walk" in the little menu. If it doesn't, you should instead have an option to make the animal "stay". Click that, and the animal will no longer roam. Hope this helps :)

Comments

• MelhiMelhi Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    It's not just you. My farm is a mess of meandering, spinning and leaping critters. I guess I should have put them in the barn before I crop dusted. ;)

Editing to add a PS to Marty, animals marked "stay" are wandering around, too. I wasted several minutes marking whole herds, rotating and moving them back into position only to have them wander off again, immediately... happening on both apps.facebook and farmville.com Glitchy.

Mel.
  • jnd996jnd996 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    I thought I was seeing things at first and before I knew it, my farm was a mess. I lost some rabbits, a baby turkey, a black cat, and 2 gold chics:(
  • siouxiechefsiouxiechef The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 321
    edited January 2010
    Thanks all who responded! Well, I guess certain critters will have a free for all while I go to bed:)

I hope I don't lose any animals.
  • MartyrdHavokMartyrdHavok Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    Melhi wrote: »
    It's not just you. My farm is a mess of meandering, spinning and leaping critters. I guess I should have put them in the barn before I crop dusted. ;)

Editing to add a PS to Marty, animals marked "stay" are wandering around, too. I wasted several minutes marking whole herds, rotating and moving them back into position only to have them wander off again, immediately... happening on both apps.facebook and farmville.com Glitchy.

Mel.

Thanks for the update on that, Mel :) I hadn't realized they keep on wandering! I bet they're all over the place again later. *sigh* time to fence up the cats haha!
  • siouxiechefsiouxiechef The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 321
    edited January 2010
    I have to admit it is funny watching them "get around on their own"!:)
  • KriSSie BaByKriSSie BaBy Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 86
    edited January 2010
    Same here ! There's NO WAY I clicked for them to randomly roam around. It drives me crazy ... I logged in and away they went !

Does this mean, I have to turn them all off - ONE BY ONE ?! :eek:
  • ZappyZappy Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 36
    edited January 2010
    I have spent literally hours carefully placing around a hundred animals on my farm, for them to just start walking around without me changing their settings.

My farm is ruined.

It will take me hours now to reset them, even if I can put them back as I had them.

Real smooth Zynga.

FB
  • dragonflybeachdragonflybeach Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    A lot of my animals have either rotated on their own or have started moving around the farm. I've put them back and then another bunch of them did the same thing. :rolleyes:
  • ZappyZappy Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 36
    edited January 2010
    You may have accidentally hit the "allow walk" while trying to "harvest" the animal. If you have in the past, nothing happened. However now they seem to roam on their own.

All you need to do (very time consuming :eek:) is to go through each animal one by one and make sure it says "Allow walk" in the little menu. If it doesn't, you should instead have an option to make the animal "stay". Click that, and the animal will no longer roam. Hope this helps :)

Rubbish.

It is almost impossible to do that on every single animal.

They are all moving.
  • tracyforsythtracyforsyth Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 3 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2010
    have you go them set to walk or stay?
  • FarmerLeoFarmerLeo Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 49 Building Expert
    edited January 2010
    Umm ive been noticing my animals turning on their own like other people are saying but just now, I logged in to find at least 4 of my calves just... missing. I had them lined up and now there's gaps so I know they just vanished. And when I right click on my animals, they all show stay so they shouldn't be moving either.

Here i'm trying to build up as many calves as I can and they just pop out of the game? ok maybe it's finally time to quit farmville. (among other reasons, such as farmville allowing some people to cheat while blocking others...)
  • dpac5dpac5 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 69
    edited January 2010
    I went and was harvesting and saw a few chickens running :eek: I never had mine move around. you not alone, Look for you pet they probably are hiding behind something.
  • WheelchairmafiaWheelchairmafia Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    Zappy wrote: »
    I have spent literally hours carefully placing around a hundred animals on my farm, for them to just start walking around without me changing their settings.

My farm is ruined.

It will take me hours now to reset them, even if I can put them back as I had them.

Real smooth Zynga.

FB
    <br>

I have spent several hundred hours placing animals where I want them to be!
    Tonight they have been moved to other places....
    Cows have been moved to other diarys.
    If Zynga don't stop this, i'll sell all my animals!!!!
  • islinkislink Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    I have noticed that too. When I go to re-arrange my animals they start moving. Is this a bug or has someone hacked onto the game. Has this happened before!
  • dragonflybeachdragonflybeach Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    I assume they're all set to "stay" because they've been in the same place for weeks - packed neatly together in rows. It was just today they up and started moving around. I found a pink calf behind a horse and a turkey behind a barn, etc - thought I was losing my mind. I left the game for a while and when I returned, the cats had started turning and walking.

It's no big deal but was wondering if other people were experiencing the same thing?
  • wormholeheadwormholehead Dramachine Registered User Posts: 54
    edited January 2010
    My animals are rotating, moving about, and WHOOSH...vanishing into thin air. I hope they return...and it **** well better not happen to animals I bought with FV cash. All the ones that came out of Christmas presents have vanished. Very unhappy with Zynga right now.
  • karlos108karlos108 Muffin Registered User Posts: 9 Muffin
    edited January 2010
    Yes its very frustrating. Had everything all sorted and now its completely stuffed up.
    Sure its a form of OCD on my behalf to have everything as neatly arranged as I did - but thats MY CHOICE. Now I'm trying to hastily fence everything in before its completely desended into anarchy.

Way to go Zynga, ignore the fact that the animations are causing lag issues....by making the animals do more. Pretty good thinking there.
  • zhaoweijiezhaoweijie Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 5
    edited January 2010
    Yes, **** irritating. just accidentally deleted my holiday tree, and now all those animals are wondering around, **** it. :mad:

Gave us free fuel but screwed up our farm, **** great.
  • Bill03948Bill03948 Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 45
    edited January 2010
    Since the animals running around on their own I have lost 14 white chickens, 3 gold and 6 blacks. I have 2 cats missing and expect zynga to reimburse me for my losses and get off twitter and back onto their own forums and fix the issues.

What the **** are they doing on twitter in the first place??? twitter is known as the pot heads forum/blog spot.
  • WheelchairmafiaWheelchairmafia Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    I've found that you have to go into every spesific animal and mark "Stay"!
    If you don't do this, you can find your cat among the chickens or in the middel of your farm......
    edited January 2010
    You must take every cow out of the diary, every chicken out of chicken-house [Why is it possible with only 1?] and then mark "Stay" and put the animal back where it belongs.
  • boythanhboythanh Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 60
    edited January 2010
    Hi.

They have not vanished - they are hiding between trees, behind buildings and generally in such a way that they are hard to find. I had a whole "meeting" of no less than five (!) white chickens behind my chicken coop once, and the calves especially love to hide between trees in such a way that they become pretty much invisible unless zoomed in to the max.

Another way to spot them is to wait until they are due for harvest - and use the zoom. You may spot the pink triangle between some trees without the actual animal being visible, you can click the pink triangle and chose "move" which will bring out the animal that belongs to the triangle.

My experience: Even though each and every animal is set to "stay", upon every login ONE random animal is set loose and roams, or rather hides somewhere.

Also new animals (from market or gifts) are by default "allowed to walk", so right after placing them on the farm you have to set them to "stay" or chances are that they take off. And off they take, goats for example move at amazing speeds :)

Kind regards.....

Thanh
  • dllovelldllovell Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    edited January 2010
    You are not alone all my animals has decide to move around, I thought some went in and started messing around with my arounds. I cause we have a little bug with the software on this one. Please fix.:(
  • kisudakisuda Muffin Registered User Posts: 5 Muffin
    edited January 2010
    Same thing here & I've never changed the animal options, they just started wandering today.
  • stormyweather72stormyweather72 Investigator Registered User Posts: 61
    edited January 2010
    The first time I went in to harvest trees seen my animals all turned around out of their perspective areas (colors). All my animals are fenced in so that kept them to where I can see them. So I set them to "stay", and left.

Second time went to harvest my animals again they were all about in their areas and turning and roaming. So I harvested, then reset their status to "stay".

Third time, my tree was over-loaded with gifts, again same ol same ol with the animals.

Fourth time, went to harvest crops, and again same **** with the animals.

Fifth time went in just to make sure everything was ok.. Sure as he$$ wasn't again set the damned animals status to stay.

As far as I can see none of my animals are missing...
  • stormyweather72stormyweather72 Investigator Registered User Posts: 61
    edited January 2010
    You must take every cow out of the diary, every chicken out of chicken-house [Why is it possible with only 1?] and then mark "Stay" and put the animal back where it belongs.

I just did what you suggested, and honestly if you set them to stay. Place them back. Try taking 1 out once you placed them all back, you'll have to keep doing this all day long and get no-where! That's right the ones in the dairy farm or coop reset back to roaming....
  • FerJeRo989FerJeRo989 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    for some reason today.. ALL of my animals are moving around.. and im talking about HUNDREDS of animals.. its a mess.. impossible to arrange them all the way i had them and they are all moving.. issuing the STAY command to each one its a pain, what happened? aprils fool is kinda far away :S
  • DhugalDhugal Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 44
    edited January 2010
    Just about all my FV friends are having this moving animal problem. It started for me this morning and it's driving me CRAZY!!!:eek:
  • FerJeRo989FerJeRo989 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2010
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • DhugalDhugal Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 44
    edited January 2010
    Telling your meandering animals to "stay" doesn't do any good. I've been trying to teach the command in my chicken obedience school and they don't get it LOL! Nor do my cows, sheep, ducks, geese, kittens, rabbits, horses and reindeer.
This discussion has been closed.