Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Problems with receiving gifts

Comments

• JanifarJanifar Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    So.... with all these posting I presume the developers are busy trying to sort it out.......

I hope so because my neighbours and myself have lost quite a few gifts over the past few days. I know it is a beta game but please can you sort it.
    Thanks
  • Mark68Mark68 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    This has happened repeatedly during the past week. I have lost count as to how many gifts I have lost. It's not just trees, it's any gift. It will usually award the first. After that, they are ALL lost. It did happen again this morning with two tree gifts. You think you are about to receive them when you click accept, but it just directs you to the "play" page. This is getting really old !
  • hellofarmhellofarm Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    Also me and my dad are missing gifts, all but one comes in. Going through requests and accepting 1 by one, but when I click accept for having more it takes me the play part of the game! Losing the gifts I have just "accepted"
  • Andrea116Andrea116 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited August 2009
    Add another person to the list...I am one gift away from getting the "gifted not spoiled" blue ribbon and I've lost 4 gifts that were sent to me by a friend. I was able to receive a peach tree, which made 19 gifts, but that was the last one I was able to accept.
  • VikstarVikstar Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 14
    edited August 2009
    Just happened to me too - came over here to report it and found this thread.
  • millers607millers607 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    I am also loosing gifts! I will have like 5 or 6 and I accept the first one, and I get redirected to the game. Then the gift I accepted is gone! Is this getting fixed? Are we just complaining to each other? An admin. reply post would be helpful, just to let us know where we are at! Thanks...:confused:
  • enikenik Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    If there are more than 1 gift waiting for me, only 1 comes thru, the others get lost. This is the second time this has happened today. Have lost 9 gifts in total.:confused::mad:
  • bjharrington1550bjharrington1550 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    brezzo wrote: »
    The gifts must be fake ones sent by your friends. Thats what happened to me, but it could also be a problem.

How do you send "FAKE" gifts??? My friends wouldn't do that.
  • BMNBMN Building Expert Suspended User Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    I just received a tree as a gift and accepted it but when Farmville finished loading/startup the tree weren't there, neither "active" at the mouse cursor or in the gift box.

I think this has happened to me one or two times before. Any ideas why?
  • Michael EhMichael Eh Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 253
    edited August 2009
    I found that the 'give gifts' popup clears data transfered from FaceBook for gifts and bonuses. Now I first enter the game and get through the 'give gifts' then collect bonuses, and gifts. I haven't lost one since then.

Solution, have program first process gifts and bonuses then do the give gifts.
  • flyersfnflyersfn Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    This is happeningto me too! I think I may have in error because of the lap top chose ignore gifts from this person or something.

HOW CAN THIS BE FIXED???
  • RyanxRyanx Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 54
    edited August 2009
    I get this alot to i tried to work out if its a friend thing and all last night i couldnt accept this 1 gift from my mate i told him to send it numerous times.
  • TrillianHarlequinTrillianHarlequin Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    this has happened to me too :( a friend sent me three bunnies, i only got one, so she tried a goat and the goat didn't work either :( do we have a reason behind this?
  • tafc1tafc1 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    I am loosing gifts again. When I accept them through facebook it brings me right to Farmville but the gifts are lost in between the transaction

Also it says I need 1 more adopted animals but it has said that for quite a few days now and I have over 15 brown cows and like 6 black sheep.
  • TelecommuterYorkTelecommuterYork Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    Ugh! I'm getting this too.

My friend has sent me like at least 8 trees that won't come through, not one of them.

Kind of glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully this problem gets fixed soon, because I'm getting tired of it!
  • winnie64winnie64 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    i am getting this too....can someone help to fix?
  • tafc1tafc1 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    I know especially since they have we can get ribbons for our accomplishments and we are loosing the items so that means we dont get the ribbons
  • John SheppardJohn Sheppard Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    I had this issue today too
  • SuzieQ73SuzieQ73 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I have lost around 10 gifts the last 7 days already... Its getting old people, this is a bug that needs to be looked into...pronto
  • sac2kmwsac2kmw Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited August 2009
    My other half keeps sending me gifts and it makes me wonder, can you only accept 1 gift per day from each friend?
  • CoraliaCoralia Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    This is really getting on my nerves..I lost losts of gifts..CAN YOU JUST FIX IT ALREADY?
    What is the issue, we are allowed to receive only one gift/day/friend? This bug is really getting me and I am very close to give up this game.
  • RaggedRagged Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 178
    edited August 2009
    This is a Known Issue
    http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=96168
    Issues related to Facebook requests
    Gifts not appearing in game when notification is accepted.

Please be assured the developers are working on the solution.
    Thank you for your patience during this Beta period.
  • Jessi8157Jessi8157 Loose Cannon Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I have received many notifications that I have gifts...but they aren't showing up in my gift box area...why?! I have to get 2 more gifts to get the final ribbon for not spoiled gifts...and I can't do that if I can't receive them...I currently have 20 in my gift box...I know the max is 30...WTF...I will not use them until I get my last ribbon...so fix it now.
  • RedKRedK Muffin Registered User Posts: 10 Muffin
    edited August 2009
    I've been having issues receiving gifts. Once I click on the "accept" button and get taken to Farmville, it doesn't take me to the confirmation page and instead, loads up the main page to play, which means I've lost my gift. This has happened several times today and I am REALLY annoyed. Does anyone know what's the problem or do I need to contact support?
    I've had exactly the same problem, it happened yesterday once and then twice today. I'm clicking 'accept gift' on face book then not getting the confirmation page and being taken to my farm where there are no gifts in my box, I've also been taken to the free gifts page in farmville. There is also no consistency doing exactly the same thing I get some gifts no problem.
  • FemmeFataleFemmeFatale Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    I lost about 5 gifts over the past two weeks.... I don't have many neighbors that send gifts so when I do receive one and it disappears, it's so disappointing =( I hope we can get them back...
  • kinkykatbadkinkykatbad Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    hi every1 iam havin problems acceptin gifts, as soon as i accept them it keeps sayin ive accepted the maximum amount 4 the day iam not very happy i hope they sort this problem out soon !!!!
  • nbarwoodnbarwood Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I've lost at least six trees and animals over the past two or three days. It seems worse since I expanded my farm.

I hope someone is working on this ......Please??? arghhhhh!!!!
  • tcrmtcrm Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    All my neighbors and myself are losing duzens of gifts per day. I have lost probably more than 20. I have now 14 pending on acceptance but they will stay there until anyone tells me that you have overcome this problem.

It is also very slow now...it just took me almost 1 hour to harvest my trees...

Is anyone doing anything about the gifts? There's use in having them available if they can not be used!!!
    Thanks
    Tania / Lisbon
  • njacksonnjackson Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    Bug #2
    Steps to Reproduce
    1. In the FREE GIFTS menu
    2. Select any item to send to a friend
    3. Select the proceed to send button
    4. Select a friend to send the gift to
    5. Select the Send FarmVille Gift Request button
    6. Select Send on the FarmVille Gift Request overlay
    7. Repeat steps 1-6
    8. Have the user who is to receive the gifts open their facebook page
    9. Select the link in the Request section on the facebook home page to open the gift link
    10. Select Accept gift for the Famrville gift request

Results- The user is taking straight to the farm and the yes\no Accept gift request page does not appear

Expected Results- The user is taking to the Yes\No accept gift request page

Additional information- When this bug occurs the 1st gift request sent to the user works correctly, but every gift request sent to the user by the same user who sent the 1st one does not open the yes\no accpet gift request page appropriatley
  • beepbop3beepbop3 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I noticed that even if it is thefirst time they send a gift I do not recieve it. I click on gift request it goes right to my farm and no asking for acceptance of gift.
This discussion has been closed.