Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

lost gifts

Rita VollonRita Vollon Clueless CookieRegistered User Posts: 28
edited August 2009 in Bug Reporting
I have already lost a few gifts when I click on yes.
they are also not in my giftbox,it happens regularly the last days
If I go back to the homepage the gift also no longer available

Me too. I had connection issues when I received an apple tree and then I lost my gift

Comments

• CrazyDriver84CrazyDriver84 Muffin Registered User Posts: 16 Muffin
    edited August 2009
    Same thing just happened to me. I think it was my fault though. I accepted the gift and instead of letting Farmville load I hit back and accepted another gift. I didn't get the normal do you have any more gifts to accept box though. Not sure if they changed it or it wasn't working.
  • keri46keri46 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    it happened to me too today. i got a goat from a friend! :( i clicked yes, the page loaded.. but usually when that opens a pop up comes up that says that you have a gift and would you like to open it.. but it didnt happen. this stinks!
  • Rita VollonRita Vollon Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 28
    edited August 2009
    today have already lost 4 gifts
  • ZDracheZDrache Muffin Registered User Posts: 12 Muffin
    edited August 2009
    It's happened to me several times too, even when I just click "Accept Gift." It acts as though you just clicked "Play Farmville" and then the notification is lost too. So frustrating. (Was so looking foward to having a date tree -.-)
  • Mark WoodMark Wood Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    Same thing just happened to me. I think it was my fault though. I accepted the gift and instead of letting Farmville load I hit back and accepted another gift. I didn't get the normal do you have any more gifts to accept box though. Not sure if they changed it or it wasn't working.

Happened to me too. Really a **** off cause I did it with like 8 items..... I really want my items back.
  • Gune03Gune03 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I also lost a few gifts. When I click 'accept gift' I do not get the 'do you have more gifts to accept'-screen, but it immediately redirects (because I do see the right address in my browser for a little while) to the 'onthefarm' screen.
  • Rita VollonRita Vollon Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 28
    edited August 2009
    beginning to find it very annoying,all my gifts will be lost
  • springrosespringrose Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    I have lost 5 gifts too today. Seems after you accept the first one, all the others get lost when you accept them.
  • micheleq68micheleq68 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    I accepted 18 gifts yesterday before picking my son up at the airport, logged in this morning to place all those date and pomegranate trees and there was nothing in my gift box!!! This stinks considering this was my first date tree because I'm higher leveled than most of my friend are. When are these issues going to be fixed? :(
  • ZDracheZDrache Muffin Registered User Posts: 12 Muffin
    edited August 2009
    Perhaps it's best to avoid accepting gifts until the issue gets sorted. Accept them straight away my back foot ¬.¬
  • leemo72leemo72 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 3 Loose Cannon
    edited August 2009
    I am no longer accepting more than one gift in a row. I contacted customer support and got this back from them:

We're sorry that you aren't receiving your gifts, this an issue that we are aware of we are working hard to resolve it quickly! We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused in your game play and appreciate your understanding. Remember, if you are playing the game on Facebook you will need to accept your gifts by clicking on the request link on your Facebook homepage.

As you may or may not know, Farmville is currently in its Beta testing phase where we iron out the last remaining kinks and squish the last remaining bugs. We have been made aware that there are a few pesky issues that our customers are facing at the moment and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, however these issues are exactly why we beta test in the first place and are to be expected throughout the beta testing process.

Best,
    Zynga Customer Support
  • sartoriussartorius Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    Happened to me as well, this is really annoying. Starting to understand why several of my friends moved over to Farm Town. :mad:
  • micheleq68micheleq68 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    Well, common sense pretty much tells me that, but this is the first time I've ever had a problem with gifts disappearing. My only problem has been w/ sync issues.

ZDrache wrote: »
    Perhaps it's best to avoid accepting gifts until the issue gets sorted. Accept them straight away my back foot ¬.¬
    edited August 2009
    LOL so we're their guinea pigs? Nice! :o

leemo72 wrote: »
    I am no longer accepting more than one gift in a row. I contacted customer support and got this back from them:

We're sorry that you aren't receiving your gifts, this an issue that we are aware of we are working hard to resolve it quickly! We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused in your game play and appreciate your understanding. Remember, if you are playing the game on Facebook you will need to accept your gifts by clicking on the request link on your Facebook homepage.

As you may or may not know, Farmville is currently in its Beta testing phase where we iron out the last remaining kinks and squish the last remaining bugs. We have been made aware that there are a few pesky issues that our customers are facing at the moment and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, however these issues are exactly why we beta test in the first place and are to be expected throughout the beta testing process.

Best,
    Zynga Customer Support
    edited August 2009
    Farmtown has it's laggy moments as well, but they are far beyond beta testing. I farm there too! I like that you can hire other people to harvest and plow for you. I wonder if they will do that with FarmVille as well?
    sartorius wrote: »
    Happened to me as well, this is really annoying. Starting to understand why several of my friends moved over to Farm Town. :mad:
  • SweetSadeeSweetSadee Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2
    edited August 2009
    I lost my first bunny yesterday and 14 trees today I've lost 4 gifts. I'm not opening any more gifts for farmville till I know it's fixed. I have noticed iit doesn't happen all the time. but I'm not going to take any more chances of loosing a cool animal or high level tree. I hope this bug gets fixed very soon.
  • tafc1tafc1 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 9
    edited August 2009
    the same thing happen to me starting yesterday and I wrote about but have not got a response about it
  • Wendy15Wendy15 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009

I am having the same problem. It happened again just now. I click to accept and it goes straight to my farm and nothing in my giftbox.
  • crystalinedraoncrystalinedraon Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 6
    edited August 2009
    ZDrache wrote: »
    It's happened to me several times too, even when I just click "Accept Gift." It acts as though you just clicked "Play Farmville" and then the notification is lost too. So frustrating. (Was so looking foward to having a date tree -.-)

Same here, I've lost 3 so far and am too scared of losing the rest to attempt clicking, it's getting beyond a joke.
  • krissk99krissk99 Not a Title, but a Star Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    verdad wrote: »
    Me too. I had connection issues when I received an apple tree and then I lost my gift

Today was the second time it happened to me. First time I was gifted a duck, today was a passion fruit tree. Not happy about it and it looks like through this thread of comments that the Zynga people are not addressing the problem, which means those gifts will remain lost.
  • NaNa76NaNa76 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    Same thing here. I have lost a goat, 2 ducks, and a pig today alone. Last night I lost a date tree and a cow. Gotta love all these glitches!
  • Peggy McCaskellPeggy McCaskell Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 New to the Forums
    edited August 2009
    same thin has happened to me today, every gift i receive i loose it:mad:
  • mellissacatron79mellissacatron79 Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited August 2009
    Me too I've lost all kinds of gifts today and yesterday. As well as it's awarding ribbons and not giving any point or allowing me to share the wealth. I adopted a cow and go to look how many more I need and it says I already have a red ribbon! I've only adopted two maybe three. So to make sure I'm not crazy I check my wall and there's nothing about any ribbons for adopting animals. This is ****, I know connection issues happen but not awarding 5000 coins is making me mad. I'm considering moving to a new app.
  • Phil CiebieraPhil Ciebiera Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 42
    edited August 2009
    More than likely you are correct in the assumption that it was your fault.

Basically here's what happens through the gifting process:
    1. Player 1 sends a gift to Player 2
    2. Zynga stores a record of this in their database and passes an identifier to that gift back to Facebook notifying Player 2 of the gift using a Facebook request
    3. Player 2 clicks "Accept Gift" on their Facebook requests section
    4. Zynga's servers are then contacted and given the gift identifier
    5. A page loads from Zynga's server asking you if you'd like to accept another gift, it is during this page load that the gift actually gets "transferred" into Player 2's gift box, on Zynga's database server

So pretty much, if that intermediary screen asking you to accept more gifts never loads, you've lost your gift. The Facebook Platform deletes the request after it has been responded to, so, even though Player 1's gift is still sitting unclaimed in Zynga's server, Player 2 no longer has a way to transfer it to their gift box due to Facebook deleting the request.

I hope this helps some people that are curious about what goes on behind the scenes.
  • farmgurlfarmgurl Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 35
    edited August 2009
    I lost 2 more gifts tonight, not counting the 3 I lost earlier! It's been running really badly today...... Any info to share?
  • RavynfyreRavynfyre Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 6 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2009
    So far today, I've lost a couple chickens, two sheep, and about 8 trees. Plus the whole game has been laggy as ****. Two major problems, though:

First, the game is in Beta, which is clearly stated in the opening graphic, so people should understand that there *will* be issues.

More importantly, though, is Zynga's official stance regarding lost items and/or gifts due to game bugs and in game issues:

Gifts lost due to in-game bugs:

As FarmVille is still in Beta, we cannot restore any gifts that are lost due to in-game bugs. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. If you wish to know more information about Beta, and what it means for our users, please review this thread: http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=95030

So basically, we can all post here and complain all we want, but we will not be getting our stuff back. You just have to accept that risk by playing.

As for FarmTown? Slow, slow, slow and I do not like the interface. I'm really hoping that Farmville gets the bugs ironed out soon because it is, by far, the better game.
  • desynceddesynced Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 13
    edited August 2009

I cant count how many times I click on accept a gift on FB and when it connect to Farmville, I get the "There's a problem connecting to Farmville... blah blah blah" message. And after clicking on Try Again 50 times and connecting, you dont have the gift any more and the gift invite in FB is gone.

But hey, the game has been enhanced.. click here to reload Farmville!
  • TeresadwTeresadw Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 20
    edited August 2009
    I've just accepted 3 gifts and have only received 1...
This discussion has been closed.