Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about Fishing Frenzy

musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
edited August 2019 in FarmVille Discussion

I have a few questions about the Fishing Frenzy

1. From what I understand, using a better rod (such as the candy hook) increases your chances of catching a rare or uncommon fish), correct?
  2. But the type of bait does not influence the type of fish you get, correct? It just makes that "sweet spot" window bigger that you have to click in to stay in while reeling in the fish, correct?
  3. So I could use the best rod but the lowest-quality bait and have the same chances of hooking a rare fish (assuming I keep clicking to stay within that little window) as I would with the highest-quality bait, right?
  4. Also, I'm not going to buy that extra water plot for FC. Has anyone hooked a rare fish without having that land? Except for the first time fishing with the guide, I've only hooked common and uncommon fish, no rare fish.

Thanks!

Comments

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake

Also, I'm not sure if anyone from Zynga is reading these threads for possible feedback, but I just visited the Ask the Dirt Farmer Facebook page. It sounds like this feature is really hard on people who have arthritis, understandably, so you might want to keep that in mind when designing future features.

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith

I hate this feature and the fact that EVERY time I open Coco farm I am getting a pop up to buy the land for FC.

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited August 2019

The popup is pretty annoying.

By the way, since posting I have hooked a few rare fish. At the time I was using the candy hook rod and the marshmallow bait (not sure if the bait is important).

Oh, they seem to have made a change that I really appreciate: the fish's energy runs out more quickly so you don't have to click for as long.

By the way, in case anyone else is wondering about the bait, I just caught a rare fish with the candy hook rod and the small candy bait.

Okay, one more fish comment. I went through all my stocked bait and rods today and mastered all the fish.
    Overall, I enjoyed the feature more than I thought I would. One thing that made it good was that, once I had mastered a fish, I never caught that fish again, so we don't have the "duplicates" problem we have in other features. Once I'd mastered half the fish, I did start getting a crapload of boots, but since they can be traded in for rods that's much less frustrating than getting duplicate fish.
    I was also very happy that they decreased the amount of time we needed to click.
    And again, I did not spend any FC on this feature. I only used the tools we were able to craft for free.
    You probably will need the candy hook rods to hook the rare fish. I didn't catch any rare fish with the other two rods (when I only had one rare fish left to master and was out of candy hook rods, I used the pretzel rods but only caught boots, so i had to wait for more candy hook rods).
    Hope this helps some players and/or provides some feedback to Zynga.

• Note that this is a review from someone who doesn't have arthritis. I'm not sure if their experience was improved by the shortened clicking time or if the fast clicking was still too much for them.