Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clan issues

darqladydarqlady The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,304 Cream Corn Champion

I can see that once you join a clan and start an event you can't leave the clan. I know it is still day 1 ( or 8 depending on how soon you were able to join) , but I am currently the only one doing the adventure out of the 10 participants. I can't do it alone. There are other clans that appear to have more active players. I don't think it is fair to penalize people for having chosen a **** public clan. We should be able to leave a non performing clan and take our activity with us to a new one. i.e. I have done tasks that amount to 29 points. I should be able to leave and take those to a new clan that is actually playing the game.

Comments

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 359 The One Who Knows it All

I hope the option is available, but keep in mind that your clan members may be at work or school. Maybe they'll do something in the evening. Since many of us were only able to join yesterday, they may not have enough tokens yet, too. I was thinking the same, as I'm the only member doing anything in my clan of 8 people, but then I work from home and they probably don't. (In fact, I need to get off the game and get going on a work project!)

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,562 Lord of the Forums

darqlady, I'm sympathetic to your situation, but I agree with musicalcat it is probably a little early to say they aren't helping.

There needs to be some sort of remedy for players in non-functioning clans, but I don't have any suggestions.

• darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,304 Cream Corn Champion

I think the problem is that the join feature was broken most of the week so people couldn't make the 80 tokens and be ready t start. I think they need to extend the feature a week. Does anyone know if we have to do all three lands in the two week period or just the first?

I also agree that I imagine many of my co clan members work.... I do have two actively participating in coin making ( requesting, helping). So they will eventually join up.... but I am out of do it on my own stuff!

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,562 Lord of the Forums

The entire feature in 14 days is my understanding

• AgentOrange55AgentOrange55 Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 481 Colossal Titan Slayer

Yes, a big problem is the arduous requirement to get into the first activity (8 hours of clicking every 2 minutes!!!! eek!) and that coupled with the fact that many people couldn't join a clan when it was first released. It would have been nice if Zynga delayed the first adventure, but they didn't. You should be able to see the token progress on your clanmates, to see how close they are to getting in (or if they are at 0 tokens)

As a side note, how can you tell if a clan is active before you actually join it?

Also, how does one get stat points? I have 2 stat points, but have no idea how I got them. (I'm still working on getting tokens to get into the adventure, so I haven't completed any adventure work.)

You can see your clan members progress on earning coins by looking at the circle around their name, when it is complete they have 80 and if there is a check mark if they have used them to become a full (non-removable) member.

Stat points are earned by using the coins to join and helping others by giving them coins when they request (once every 4 hours).

Zynga can't really delay features because they have to plan months in advance and most players were able to join with out problems, a better solution would be to ask Customer Service for some coins.

There is a guide to this feature that is very helpful:

https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville/?l=en&s=new-farmers-clan

Well- I clicked on join a clan several times a day from Day 1 and although I had also sent in a support request, all I was told is that they were working on it. I finally got in about midnight on Saturday. I spent all day Sunday clicking while reading a book and started the adventure at midnight. It looked fun. No one else joined me on Monday. Thanks Sandy I see the coin making progress of my current clan members- basically none. Late Monday afternoon I clicked the clan "icon" and found all my fellow clan members were gone, I was co - captain and the clan was suddenly private. The captain let a few people in Monday night and I let everyone who asked and luckily this morning one of the folks is actually in the adventure with me- but hasn't done much... Of the other 5 people, including the captain- they don't appear to be playing. If we ever get back to 10 people I can at least kick the non workers out, but at the moment, I am doing the adventure on my own with no help. This means I might get through the first 4 milestones in 2 weeks, but I doubt I will get further. You can only get 60-80 points a day on your own...

I disagree with your assessment- I am in several share groups and I rarely see Holler shares. I would be interested to know how many are actively playing.

• musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 359 The One Who Knows it All

@Sandy7226 said:
    The entire feature in 14 days is my understanding

I hope it's longer! The other lands require more points and, as darqlady said, people are behind on tokens. We have 8 people in our clan and there are only 2 of us on Adventure Isle so far.

It says at the top 12 days remaining.

edited May 2019

@Sandy7226 said:
    It says at the top 12 days remaining.

I was hoping that was just for the first destination-hallowed shrine. If it's for the whole feature and no one else from our clan joins soon, I'll probably just give up. Otherwise, it will be more like a job than a game and the prizes aren't worth it.

I have mixed feelings about the clan. I don't hate it and I have a decent group (5 of us) but the Fawn Fawn requirement is absolutely ridiculous. I expected a lot more growing crops and giving bushels. The majority of our tasks are SDBs, Seedlings and Fawn Feed. And I paid 10 FC to do this LOL

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,566 Lord of the Forums

the clan Im in seems to be a good one ... we are now on the last land .... I have done lots of planting crops, making recipes & harvesting the main building ... did one of the SDB but that was very time consuming and havent done the seedlings or fawn feed ones ... but others must have for them to be cleared from the list of things to do ... but wouldnt have attempted it by myself ... wayyyy too hard !!

• AgentOrange55AgentOrange55 Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 481 Colossal Titan Slayer

@Sandy7226 said:
    Zynga can't really delay features because they have to plan months in advance and most players were able to join with out problems, a better solution would be to ask Customer Service for some coins.

Well, that does make sense that they can't just delay a feature. However, I'm not convinced that most players were able to join without a problem. With all of my active FV friends on facebook, none of them were able to join until days after the clan feature was released. I think Zynga could have waived the coin requirement the first adventure, or at least gave people a certain percentage of coins--because Zynga knew this was a known issue affecting many, many people.

As it is, I am in now, as are 4 of my 8 clan buddies. The tasks are more reasonable and seem to be going well. Certainly they are more fun, then the tediousness of coin gathering!

Thanks for explaining the stat points, I did give away coins when I first got in (without realizing it was subtracting from my own coins), so that would explain that.

I can only go by my experience and that was with players who paid 10 FC to start their clans. It seems like most of them were able to add members easily, but there were a few FaceBook disconnect issues that took some creativity to work around.

I didn't like the requirement of 10 FC to start a clan and the tasks involved were everywhere from reasonable to ridiculous so I'm not sure I would do this feature again.

@Sandy7226 said:
    I can only go by my experience and that was with players who paid 10 FC to start their clans. It seems like most of them were able to add members easily, but there were a few FaceBook disconnect issues that took some creativity to work around.

I didn't like the requirement of 10 FC to start a clan and the tasks involved were everywhere from reasonable to ridiculous so I'm not sure I would do this feature again.

By the way, Sandy (or anyone else reading), did you know you can trash a task? You have to select it as your task first, and then you can trash it. You have to wait 15 minutes before you can choose a new task to replace it. That's what I've been doing with the fawn feed, SDBs, and others I don't want to do.

Yep, I did know that. Also found that when you have a lot of the same type task and trash several of them you will get some different type tasks, at least that is how it worked for us. I do appreciate the 15 minute trash time.

edited May 2019

I have also been trashing them. As the only one in my clan of 7 playing... I have had to do it a lot! Finally made it to the lion in the first island. I doubt I will get to the second island.... the other players still don't have 1/4 their coins....

Does a person NOT actively participating in the adventure get the prizes? I will be annoyed if they just sit there doing nothing while I spend coins, instants, etc to move ahead as slowly as I can. Finally got the lion....

If they crafted and used their 80 tokens to become a full member, then yes, they will get all the prizes even if they never do a task. If they didn't craft and use 80 tokens then no, not until they do, up until that time they can be removed as a clan member.

Mystery seedling question... I have taken all quantities and today I even took 3 as a task...(yes, I finally have someone helping me on the adventure). They redeem fine, but within seconds I get a whoa farmer and the points are removed, the task is undone and of course, the farm reboots. The trees made stay made which is fine since I still have over 999 to go. As a result, I have been taking the tasks and trashing them. But are other people able to successfully redeem them - and keep the points! ?

@darqlady said:
    Mystery seedling question... I have taken all quantities and today I even took 3 as a task...(yes, I finally have someone helping me on the adventure). They redeem fine, but within seconds I get a whoa farmer and the points are removed, the task is undone and of course, the farm reboots. The trees made stay made which is fine since I still have over 999 to go. As a result, I have been taking the tasks and trashing them. But are other people able to successfully redeem them - and keep the points! ?

Ate you using a Seedling Nursery? If so try planting the seedlings directly on the farm.

well- the seedlings count... the task completes. I click redeem. I get the points. Then I get whoa... I will try that for a 12 batch. 99% of the time I don't want those trees on that land... they are a pain to move.

I understand, but using the seedling nursery will cause a whoa farm I believe 100% of the time

Well- I tried your approach for the clan action and you are correct- it is fine. However, I use a seedling nursery all the time and haven't had issues. I hope I don't have issues since I have over 1000 trees to do and placing them on a farm is a royal pain this way!

The Seedling Nursery works fine except with Farmers Clan.

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

@AgentOrange55 said:
    Yes, a big problem is the arduous requirement to get into the first activity (8 hours of clicking every 2 minutes!!!! eek!)

Who can devote that much time to this game? I can not sit at my computer and click on something every two minutes for eight hours. Way too busy. I am so glad I decided to skip the clan feature.

BTW what do you get after all of this work?

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,566 Lord of the Forums

you get animals along the way .. and a building at the end of each section that you can harvest every 24hrs ... so 3 in total ... and they all give you something different

I was thinking how poorly designed, executed and released. First a significant number of people couldn't join a clan until they were a day from the start of the adventure. This left yes- 8 hours of clicking every 2 minutes if you wanted to start on time. Spreading it out for a week made it palatable. I had most of a day... I read a book with the screen open...(book was good :) )

Then the design of the tasks. The idea of these large amounts is interesting, but the design is poor. If you take a harvest the buildable for 6 times, you can ask for help... but that splits it to 3 times and leaves the task for someone else to take the other 3. Do you really want to use up a task spot for 3 days on a stupid 3 points? The only tasks that make sense to split are tasks that can be done as a half in a 6-8 hour period ( or slightly more if you work or grab before bed). But if you are working on and off in an evening, you want tasks that take < 6 hours. So fawn food is out ( who really has that much), large SD use, 36 hollers ( since to get 18 takes two asks), all but the two buildable harvests and possibly some of the large coins. I only have 14 good trees, so I can't take the 30's. I can do 30 animals twice a day, but... then you need instants for the crops... and if you don't want to waste too many bushels.. strategy...

From a clan perspective I had no one helping for several days. I now have one person who is doing a reasonable person's job ( as in 2-4 tasks a day), 2 people who finally got their 80 points on Sunday ( a week in) and have done 2 and 4 tasks and then 3 people who will never get 80 points. So the design doesn't allow you to find , get, or attract people who plan on committing to the job. I suspect we will get part of the way through the second level before we run out of time since I can only do 60-100 points a day without spending too many coins. Thank goodness I had a lot of cans and SD's....

Farmers Clan was a flop on many levels, it pointed out once again that no one designing the game actually plays the game. I don't think they need to spend hours a day playing but it would be nice if they knew for example how players get Fawn Feed, how many times a day the main build-able is harvested, how a Seedling Nursery worked.

I'm not going to go in to the clan formation, I was lucky to have 4 other long time FV players that were willing to play together, most players had to rely on strangers.

I think most players did not participate and of the minority that did doubt many would do it again.