Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FARMS! FARMS! FARMS!

SeasiderSeasider Loose CannonRegistered User Posts: 21 Building Expert

Why, Why, do Zynga keep bringing out new Farms with silly names, silly crops, and silly recipes??? they are all virtually the same. I know Zynga has to make money, but come on!!. In the early days Farms had decent names, decent recipes, and logical crops. I have been on Farmville for years, and as I work from home and on the computer most of the day, I used to dip in and out of Farmille frequently throughout the day. But now with so many Farms in the game, my CPU is running at 60% and Ram at 40% meaning that it slows down all open websites. Zynga, at least give us the choice of deleting new or old Farms if we wish. Zynga will probably not view this post, but I've made my point and I feel sorry for anyone who plays Farmville on a Tablet or Laptop.

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

This is a player to player forum

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith

I agree. That last two years or so we get the same farm over and over again. I don't think the farms we do not visit effect the speed, but I do get confused where anything is. Also why have a shipping license if practically everything is tied down to only one farm? Now the feed panel is shot so anyone that opted in for early access has wasted their farm cash. {{{sigh}}} :(

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

Less than 10% of the new items are locked to the new farm. The feed panel not working is a result of FaceBook changes.

• elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire

i would love to delete the farms that i dont use, which is most of them

Zynga has stated several times that deleting farms will never be an option, but why would you want to remove them? I occasionally use all my farms.

The feed panel at the bottom of the page has people that I am not friends with i> @Sandy7226 said:

Less than 10% of the new items are locked to the new farm. The feed panel not working is a result of FaceBook changes.

The feed panel at the bottom of the page has people that I am not friends with on Facebook, so how is Facebook controlling it? Everything should be transferable.

JillianH --

I turned off the feed below the farm the day it came out, but I believe it shows any FV post regardless of who posted it and how they might have customized. I didn't say FB controlled it, I said FB changes prevent it from working correctly for some, many or most players. The feed below the farm bypasses FB, so FB features such as "Like" and the ability to control who sees the post are not available. This is what FB wants changed and why they made changes to posting.

If everything was transferable then players would have less reason to buy new farms, and players buying new farms is the main source of income for FV.

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 217 Cupcake Princess

Players need to stop complaining already. Be glad we even have the game. They could easily get rid of it. You do not have to do any farm you don't want to. So play the ones you want and knock of the complaining already. They keep releasing new farms to keep the game interesting so they can keep from losing it.

• elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire

how do new farms keep the game interesting they are all the same apart from a few different trees and animals

@elaine jebson said:
    how do new farms keep the game interesting they are all the same apart from a few different trees and animals

I think this is a "to each their own" situation, I find the new farms interesting enough, even though there are a lot of similarities to the last 28, I can always find a way to challenge myself.

@Sandy7226 said:

If everything was transferable then players would have less reason to buy new farms, and players buying new farms is the main source of income for FV.

No because you would still have to get the items on the new farm, but place them on other farms. So FV would still make money.

@elaine jebson said:

Yes all they do is tweak the animals a bit. In the unwither ring building, the main buildable and in the self contained craft EVERYTHING is basically the same. At this point I know all the gifts in the unwither building and what items I need to collect early in the self contained. YAWN! It takes a little over a week now to "beat" them.

• Ellengb_43Ellengb_43 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

@Ellengb_43 said:
    Where is my farm?

We need a little more information before we can make suggestions

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 217 Cupcake Princess

The fact that you think the farms are all the same is odd. I see new and different animals on each farm. There are different things to build and treasures to find. How are they all the same?