Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Current State of Farmville-My Feelings on the Matter

wingweaver84wingweaver84 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star

I am posting this here because apparently Zynga does not have a place to lodge complaints.

I know that 99% of you have heard this so many times,and it sounds so redundant. But I wanted to voice my opinion on Farmville and its current state.

Long story short,Farmville(at least to me)is now more work than fun.

There are now close to 60 farms with another one coming out to the public in two weeks. When I first restarted my game after an eight-month hiatus,I thought I had a good strategy. I put a fishing hole on each farm,maxed it out and harvested it every day,figuring it would help me get ahead. I moved everything I could,when I could,to my home farm so that I didn't have to deal with stuff on the farms they came from. I added every neighbour that came up in the community suggestions.

Didn't help much.

Why didn't it help much?For one,a new farm came out every time I turned around. They used to be released in a more timely matter. Now it's every six weeks or so. Not to mention that of all those farms,every single one that has multiple tiles has 70% of those tiles behind a paywall. Look,it's fine if you can spend the money. But people have lives. They have jobs,they have kids,they have real world responsiblities. No one can spend 24/7 in front of a computer,no matter how much free time they have.

It didn't help that the game was on FACEBOOK which I wanted to stay away from in the first place. See,at the time I initially quit and left for eight months,there was so much drama going on that I just didn't want to be a part of it anymore. So I deleted my account,Farmville with it. I didn't regret the choice,but it wasn't the social aspect of Facebook that called me back. It was Farmville. And it was for that reason alone I returned.

So,as time went on,and the farms kept coming,I started to get discouraged and really started to wonder why I kept coming back. Was it Farmville's addictive nature?The irony is that I've played all versions of Farmville on different platforms. I played the original on Facebook. I played Farmville 2 here on the Zynga website. I played both Country Escape and Tropic Escape on the iPad.

Neither of the iPad apps are currently on the device,mainly because I don't have a lot of interest in them. I go literally months without playing Farmville 2,mainly because I'm hardly ever on this site. So what is it about the original Farmville?Is it because it's Facebook exclusive?Is it because I'm also a fan of Harvest Moon?I don't know. All I know is,I don't want to return to Farmvile,although I've fallen through the cracks so many times and gone back with my tail between my legs. It'll probably happen again.

My point is,at what point does a game lose its sense of being a game?

Comments

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith

I just wish they would stop making new farms. We now have 53 separate "farms" (some are not really farms as in the fishing hole). We had one farm for years, then three in one year, then four, then seven, then eight. Last year there were eight "new farms". Although the newness is not really there. It is basically the same thing over and over again. They just tweak the design of the same things slightly. It is getting boring.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

I love new farms and wish they came out more frequently.

• sparky00sparky00 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

It's not so much the new farms for me, although I am indeed bored out of my mind with the same farm, different cartoons every single time. The limits are what is making me quit again. It was a dumb idea when the SF team did it, and if they want to see how universally loathed that was they should see if they can find an archived version of the forum. I really do think that that was the first time that I saw a major mass exodus of players. They eventually got rid of them, and if the SF team thought that it was a bad idea then it certainly is now. They weren't exactly known for their good ideas, and it always seemed like we were being punished for playing this game. It got better when the Indian team took over, but now we're back to SF nonsense. BTW, I decided to see what the limit was by using a couple family accounts. Not everyone has the same limits on the farming sickles. It was 30 for me and my husband, only 27 for my mother. The comments about people only being able to collect a couple things probably means that they do have a much lower limit than everyone else. I do keep seeing that it's to prevent cheating but 27-30? Oh please. Tell us another one. The next farm will be out before people are done clearing the obstacles on the first part of this farm. It's neither my fault that other people are cheating nor my problem that they can't secure their server without ruining the game for everyone. They aren't going to make it my problem.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

sparky00 - I agree with you 100% on the subject of limitations! I play with a very small group of players that I know very well and 1,000 that I don't know at all. From my small group (6 players) 2 have decided to no longer play new farms because of the limitations. If they aren't playing new farms they have no reason to buy FC so I'm hoping that Zynga will get the message.

• sparky00sparky00 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 58 This Space is Available

Sandy7226, they did the first time. They should really have done research before they implemented it. I only play with a couple people, all of them family except for 1 person. I haven't been able to see her except for on the feed or the stuff that gets posted under the game in ages. It's not like someone is getting bumped out and she's not showing up. It happened when that glitch happened to everyone but I never got her back and she can't see me either so we can't send this stuff to each other as gifts. The biggest problem that I see with the limitations though is that my mother can ask for stuff, we can send what she requests, but apparently her gift box isn't worthy of receiving it. It never has been. I'm sure that she's not unique, and support doesn't seem to know what she's talking about. Getting stuff off the feed is her only way to get things, and she has a lower limit than I do.