Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Strategy for Solo Play in Farmville

wingweaver84wingweaver84 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star

I have come up with a strategy for players who wish to play Farmville solo. That's right,solo.

"But Farmville's a social game,played on a social media site!"

True. However,I can't be the only one who enjoys Farmville,but prefers to play alone. Farmville is,truthfully,the only reason why I kept Facebook in the first place. I'm actually in the process of deleting my account and starting a fresh friend-free game. So for the benefit of not only myself but people with my mindset,I created this.

(Note:DO NOT USE YOUR FC UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!)

Step 1:DO NOT focus on crops from the very start. You may harvest your crops on a farm you've just opened,but that's it. Harvest them and recycle the plots,since you won't be doing anything with them for awhile.

Step 2:Build fishing holes on EVERY farm and upgrade them as soon as possible. Trust me,six SDB from about sixty farms harvested daily...ding ding ding!This step will take a while,but it will be worth it.

Step 3:Use your SDB to build your orchards and animal pens on each farm. It's good to have a steady supply of watering cans/animal feed if you can get it.

Step 4:Move whatever you can to your Home Farm whenever you can. Keep an eye on your Gift Box to see what can be transferred. If you have a duplicate of something that you harvested,delete the original and keep the duplicate on the Home Farm.Only the Home Farm can have multiple copies of trees/animals.

Step 5:Only when your pens/orchards are completed on each farm can you use the SDBs on the monuments(ie. the houses and windmills on Emerald Valley).

Step 6:When the farms are completely bare and you have nothing left on them,start to use the SDBs on the buildings(ie. Spring Fair,Wintertide Castle,etc.)

Step 7:Make sure your garages are completed along with vehicles and a fully upgraded gas pump on each farm(I think you can use the SDBs on these?)

Step 8:Only after all of the above are completed can you turn your attention to crops.However,once you open up a new piece of land on a farm,make sure you get rid of everything on said piece of land before you resume growing.

And there you have it,a somewhat sound strategy for solo play in Farmville. Hope you like it!

Comments

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

Don't you need to harvest crops to get money to plant new ones? Without that you will not level up high enough to go to other farms. Or at least that is the way I thought it went. Also there are 53 farms, but not all can have a fishing hole.

• wingweaver84wingweaver84 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star

@JillianH said:
    Don't you need to harvest crops to get money to plant new ones? Without that you will not level up high enough to go to other farms. Or at least that is the way I thought it went. Also there are 53 farms, but not all can have a fishing hole.

There's also harvesting animals and trees. And I've been able to plant fishing holes on all farms.

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

@wingweaver84 said:

@JillianH said:

There's also harvesting animals and trees. And I've been able to plant fishing holes on all farms.

Yes but harvesting animals and trees will not get you to a level to have multiple farms. So at first you really need to harvest and plant crops or you are stuck on your home farm.

• wingweaver84wingweaver84 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star

@JillianH said:

@wingweaver84 said:

@JillianH said:

Yes but harvesting animals and trees will not get you to a level to have multiple farms. So at first you really need to harvest and plant crops or you are stuck on your home farm.

I should edit this to say that you should grow crops until level 15 before attempting this.

Just thought of this. In order to move things to your home farm don't you need the shipping licence? In order to get that you need farm cash or beat the farm, which means crops.

@JillianH said:
    Just thought of this. In order to move things to your home farm don't you need the shipping licence? In order to get that you need farm cash or beat the farm, which means crops.

Sometimes when harvesting on other farms,you end up with items that can be transferred to your Home Farm without a license. That includes animals and trees. If it doesn't specify a farm in your gift box then it can be moved hassle-free.

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,604 Lord of the Forums

if you have them in your gift box you can place them onto any farm if they are not specifically locked to a farm ... but I think originally the thread was about things in your storage cellar .... they can only be moved if you have the license for both farms you want to use ... the from & to farms ... without the license they cant be moved out of your cellar other than onto the farm on which they are stored