Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FIXED: FEED PANEL NOT WORKING

Comments

• farmer316farmer316 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
  • PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,660 Lord of the Forums

THIS IS A FACEBOOK PROBLEM .... IT CANT BE FIXED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN DISABLED BY FACEBOOK TO MAKE YOU USE THE NEWS FEED

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,660 Lord of the Forums

FEED PANEL is not going to work again ... due to FACEBOOK changing things .... you will have to get things off the newsfeed

NOT GOING TO WORK AGAIN ... ITS A FACEBOOK THING ... use the newsfeed to get anything you need

• Werewulf320Werewulf320 Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 116 Cloudylicious

The Feed Panel doesn't seem to be updating. I have stuff on there that says "5 days old". When I click on it I always get "Just missed it". This is in Game Room. What's the deal??

• mamacbmamacb Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 130 The Pesky Helper

Feed Panel; Envelope is not registering; New task is not recording after completion; Farm takes too long to open; Market keeps kicking me out and I have to refresh, refresh, refresh. Have been playing this game from the beginning of farmville; And now, they keep asking if I'm a robot; Are you all serious?
    I need to send request, collect gifts, and complete a task; any task.
    Fix that bug....

• Werewulf320Werewulf320 Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 116 Cloudylicious

Sorry for the duplicate posts.

Sandy, could you please explain how to use Facebook News Feed or direct me to the post where it's explained?

Thanks!

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

I don't know how to answer that LOL - I'm guessing you aren't seeing FV posts on your news feed? Do you have FV and neighbors that play FV? If you aren't seeing their posts (assuming you haven't hidden them or FV) then visit their walls and click and comment on their FV posts. FB will interpret that as your desire to see FV posts and you should start seeing them on your FB News Feed.

If you have been playing with Community Friends (players who are not your FB friends, then you need to do a FB search. I can't post the link so I will post a screenshot of a search for Prospectors gold for the Strike It Rich feature, hopefully it will make sense.

Please feel free to copy and share that search technique, it's not mine :)

Great! Thanks mo'! Cheers!

• caskewcaskew Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

I mean the panel feed post that is under your farm, "not" the post on my page

The feed panel that is under my farm is about 5 or 6 days old, new feed does not come up. It won't refresh.

Please fix's the feed panel that is under my farm, I do use it. I'm not talking about my home page, I'm talking about when I'm on my farm.

• cladendelcladendel Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

feed has been down for days now...can't collect anything. we are being forced to buy items. **** farm ville.

please see the thread concerning this issue ...

known issue please see the thread about this

• TracyKTracyK Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

Come on Farmville computer experts, why has it been at least 5 days since the feed has not worked? Most of my Farmville friends are not my FB friends, so I cannot finish anything...argh!

• HollyHolly Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

Feed hasn't updated since the morning of August 2nd. I see I am not alone. Someone please fix this. Thx

@judyth said:

@Sandy7226 said:
    Have you tried using the Feed tab at the top of the farm? I find that a much better source of needed items.

Tried this, says, "Oh, noes, there are no feeds to show!"

@elaine jebson said:
    my self and some of my neighbours also, we are beginning to think its a google chrome thing because I did a system restore to an earlier date and it work fine

It may well be a Google Chrome thing. I hate Firefox but may start using it again.

• llizzycllizzyc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Building Expert

Why can the feed panel not be fixed by Zynga as Farmville Friends/Neighbours are not Facebook Friends so how can we help each other???

FACEBOOK ... changed the way things are posted .... nothing zynga can do about it as they dont have access to FACEBOOKs computer system .... FACEBOOK want you to collect from the newsfeed .... because it means you see all the ads that are posted down the side of the feed panel ... its how they make their money I guess ... so it will never truly be fixed ...

as zynga doesnt have access to FACEBOOKS computer system ... then trying to actually find the exact thing that has been changed is a totally million to one find ... you can try joining some groups on facebook ... they share stuff

• GrammyJanGrammyJan Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

I have not had an update in the Feed Panel for at least a week! How can I play the game if I can't get the items I need??? Please help fix this problem!! Thank you!

grammyjan .... the feed panel as I and others have posted about is NOT WORKING ... because FACEBOOK changed their coding .... you need to collect from the newsfeed ..... it will probably never work again as zynga has no access to their coding systems

• GrandmaBooBoo2GrandmaBooBoo2 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

So, if I'm understanding correctly, then this issue will NOT be "fixed"....which I rather assumed was the case and for those of us who don't have friends who play FV then we may as well not play either because we are unable to finish anything without access to some necessary items? Those who keep saying that posts are available on "News Feed" apparently don't understand that "strangers" can't post to our newsfeed .

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2018

@GrandmaBooBoo2 said:
    So, if I'm understanding correctly, then this issue will NOT be "fixed"....which I rather assumed was the case and for those of us who don't have friends who play FV then we may as well not play either because we are unable to finish anything without access to some necessary items? Those who keep saying that posts are available on "News Feed" apparently don't understand that "strangers" can't post to our newsfeed .

It is impossible for us to know what sort arrangement FV and FB might make, maybe the feeds within games will work, maybe not, it's not just FV that is affected by FB's change.

As far as not seeing FV posts on your News Feed there is a way around this, it might seem cumbersome at first but if you will give it a try you might find is an even better replacement. I can't post a link so I will post a picture, I hope you will find it understandable.

I use the search method even though my FB News Feed is nothing but FV posts. It works great, I keep a Notepad document with all my frequently used searches, it is a real time saver.

• NanaLaniBearNanaLaniBear Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

When is the feed panel issue going to be fixed, it's been a week and I'm not able to progress the way this game was intended. If these issues keep taking forever to fix I will probably delete my Farmville, I'm extremely frustrated!!!

• GrandmaBooBoo2GrandmaBooBoo2 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon

@Sandy7226 https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/09/facebook-is-shutting-down-friend-list-feeds-today/?yptr=yahoo According to this article, as of today, FB "Friends List Feeds" are GONE.....permanently. One would surmise that this move is part of the ongoing controversy over the political manipulation through social media. "https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-04/mark-zuckerberg-s-new-year-s-resolution-fixing-facebook" However, Farmville is a GAME....not a job, and I suspect that very few people are going to be willing to do endless searches to find a pair of "ear muffs" (arbitrary example). FV had been around for just over 1 year before I relented and started playing myself. I had over 100 friends (IRL) who played. Today...I have ZERO friends who still play. I have also taken a year or two off on 2 occasions for the same reasons that all my friends quit...that the bugs are an ongoing issue which seem to never be addressed in a timely fashion.

As you can see from comments, people get frustrated when things don't work properly, but more than that....Zynga should realize that the frustrations lead to people moving on to other diversions which work smoothly. I also find it hard to believe that FB didn't "warn" Zynga weeks, if not months ago about this upcoming change in the FB platform, but Zynga chose to ignore it understanding that those who are seriously addicted WILL purchase farm cash to complete tasks which they can no longer finish without the help of friends. I would suggest that NO ONE purchase or use existing farm cash to buy so much as 1 single item to complete quests or finish buildings. By doing so, this encourages Zynga to drag their feet in coming up with solution because they know that many people will spend money they wouldn't otherwise spend so long as the ability to collect items from other players is non-existent.

• llizzycllizzyc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Building Expert

I have just read on a notification that Farmville are trying to resolve the Feed Panel Issue today, so fingers crossed they do so! It is slowing the game down by not being able to finish the tasks and complete Buildings etc! Thank you Farmville for looking into the problem and good luck resolving the issue so we can all enjoy the game again! ;-)

• campbellcampbell Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Nothing new has been added to my recent feed for 9 days Why?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file