Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FIXED: Known Issue: Feed Panel not refreshing

Comments

• JodragonJodragon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

It is now the 6th day of the feed not working. Yes it is very frustrating seeing that you need this to complete quests. 6 days really guys!!

• FarmerPJFarmerPJ Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

@Jodragon said:
    It is now the 6th day of the feed not working. Yes it is very frustrating seeing that you need this to complete quests. 6 days really guys!!

6 days and no acknowledgement - never mind a remedy! It would be kind of nice to at least know that they know!

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,609 Lord of the Forums

the feed panel is not going to work again .... FACEBOOK wants people to use their newsfeed ... so have disabled it ....

• tlbotheltlbothel Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 28 Building Expert

@Peela said:
    please read the other threads before posting again .... about the FEED PANEL ..... IT IS NEVER GOING TO WORK AGAIN AS FACEBOOK HAS DECIDED THEY WANT EVERYONE TO USE THE NEWSFEED ....

The News Feed does not list bushels, watercans, animal feed, baby animals, trees. building parts, quest needs, etc.
    So basically, Facebook and Farmville don't give a **** about their game players.

The feed panel is the only way to get items from your neighbors, especially your non-Facebook neighbors. And considering that 96% of my neighbors are not Facebook friends, there is no way to get trees, watercans, baby animals, animal feed, bushels, building parts, buried treasure parts, etc.
    So basically, Facebook and Farmville don't give a **** about their game players.

@Sandy7226 said:

@jlmathews said:
    See the comment about using solely the News Feed. I have 4-5 neighbors whose posts actually get published to News Feed. It works but not well enough to play any side games (given up on most of them anyway).

The FaceBook News Feed is all I have ever used, been playing for 9 years and at level 80,000 so believe me it works.

If you aren't seeing your neighbor's FV posts on the FB news feed it is because FB thinks you don't want to see those posts. You need to let FB know that you do want to see those posts by visiting your neighbor's FB pages and commenting on their FV posts.

That is a stupid solution especially now with Facebooks new algorithm that only let's you seen the Top 25 posters on your news feed.

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:
    I don't even see requests in my news feed!

What you need to do is go to your FV neighbor's pages, comment on their FV post or any post and FB will interpret that as your desire to follow more closely what that person is doing and will show you their FV posts. This will take time, but it will work.

No it won't given Facebook's new algorithm that really only show your top 25 posters.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,634 Lord of the Forums

@tlbothel said:

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:

What you need to do is go to your FV neighbor's pages, comment on their FV post or any post and FB will interpret that as your desire to follow more closely what that person is doing and will show you their FV posts. This will take time, but it will work.

No it won't given Facebook's new algorithm that really only show your top 25 posters.

That is a hoax

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,634 Lord of the Forums
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Posts: 124 Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience, Farmers. We've already received reports, and the team is currently looking into it. In the meantime, you can collect your items from the Facebook News Feed, and check this article from time to time for further updates. Thank you.

• SystemSystem Registered User Posts: 150 Administrator
  • TexasamazonTexasamazon Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

The problem with using Newsfeed is that most of my Farmville neighbors are not Facebook friends. This has made playing about impossible. If Farmville and Facebook cannot work together to make it work again, I will have to quit playing again.

• RiVlERiVlE Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Feed panel empty now for over a week.

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:

Not if they are not Facebook friends. Most of my neighbors are not FB friends. Only feeds I have every gotten from them are from the Feed Panel.

@tlbothel said:

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:

Not if they are not Facebook friends. Most of my neighbors are not FB friends. Only feeds I have every gotten from them are from the Feed Panel.

You can still use the FaceBook news feed, but you need to use a search. I hope this picture will explain how.

Even though I never use the in farm feeds, I use the search method frequently when I need a particular item.

• JoannaJoanna Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 19 Building Expert

feed panel hasn't been working for over a wk.

• Gma45Gma45 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

FV feed panel has not been working for over a week. I am subscribed to VIP status on two pages and am currently paying $20 per month for additional services. What's the use of playing if community neighbors cannot interact to receive and send special items and help? Seriously considering removing my accounts from VIP services.

@Sandy7226 said:

@tlbothel said:

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:

You can still use the FaceBook news feed, but you need to use a search. I hope this picture will explain how.

Even though I never use the in farm feeds, I use the search method frequently when I need a particular item.

This seems to be a convoluted method to get items that until a week ago were very simple to get. I don't have time to do a search for all the many items we need to run the farms.

@tlbothel said:

@Sandy7226 said:

@tlbothel said:

@Sandy7226 said:

@hornplayer said:

This seems to be a convoluted method to get items that until a week ago were very simple to get. I don't have time to do a search for all the many items we need to run the farms.

Sorry that's the best I have, guess you will have to wait and see if the feed within the game get fixed, just don't hold your breath ;-)

• Jude7007Jude7007 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 2018

Same problem as the rest, no feed panel refresh. AND I hate that we cannot autopost anymore.

• debbielee1121debbielee1121 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin

feed panel not working, been empty for days!!! please help

• CalebCaleb Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 5 Not a Title, but a Star

two full weeks for no news feed....?????? Is anyone working on this?
    why play at all if they can't fix problems.

• waltonpartyofsixwaltonpartyofsix Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

add me to the list. haven't been able to refresh in over 2 weeks....thought it was just me.

• waltonpartyofsixwaltonpartyofsix Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 3 Not a Title, but a Star

If we are to use the newsfeed now only that means we need the option to make the people we play with FB friends again. The way it used to be....so I'm guessing changes will be made to the FV game to put it back the way it used to be??

@Sandy7226 how can we do that when these are people all over the world and we have no last names?

My directions were not meant for those playing with Community Friends, I have never use that option. I think you will have to use a FB search which I do quite often. It's going to look time consuming and cumbersome, but it really isn't. I keep a Notepad document with all my frequent searches. Here is a picture of what to do.

• llizzycllizzyc Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Building Expert

Just went on the Feed Panel and it is working but not tried again as I was so excited at seeing it thought I would tell you about it! Hope it continues! XX ;-)

• arleensmitharleensmith Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Why isn't the feed working on Farmville hasn't worked for a while.I guess it is a bug...

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,609 Lord of the Forums

its a known issue ... they are attempting to fix it ... but fb changed things

• Kittifarmer9Kittifarmer9 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

@Jenni said:
    My feed panel hasn't refreshed now for more than 4 days. Dear Farmville! Fix it please!

This discussion has been closed.