Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Known Issue: Getting Security Code/Captcha error message When Posting

TayaWTayaW Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting

I would like a fix so as every time I ask for something I don't have to do a CAPTCHA. Surely after a couple FV would work out that I am not a robot but an actual player, because if the problem is not fixed soon then I won't be a player as it is annoying having a computer tell me basically that I am a robot so I have to keep doing them. I thought that it would die down if I took a break but after not being on my FV for a day it is now with almost every post now. It is annoying please fix it

Comments

• DebbieD13DebbieD13 Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

These started after I joined the VIP. Is there a connection? If so, I'm canceling my membership! These **** security checks are unreadable and a real nuisance! They destroy the joy of playing Farmville!

• DebbieD13DebbieD13 Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

Several of us have been attacked on our farms by these "security checks' which pop up while we play. This is unacceptable! For me it started after I became a VIP member. I don't know if there is a connection. This needs to be fixed. I don't appreciate this kind of intrusion to my game playing! It takes all the joy out of the game! So please fix this.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,308Registered User Lord of the Forums

There is NO connection. The security check is from FaceBook, complain to them. I play using FB's Gameroom and I don't get security checks, I am also in the VIP program.

• Dominus MarsDominus Mars Super Moderator Posts: 1,234Super Moderator Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, @TayaW and @DebbieD13. CAPTCHA is one of the security measures made by Facebook to prevent spamming by automated bots or scripts. Farmers who post too many requests in a short period of time may become affected of this extra step before getting help. We appreciate your understanding on this, and thanks for helping out as well, @Sandy7226.

I also play in the game room and get plenty of security checks there. I have also played on FB. Same problem. Anyway, I did complain to FB and have gotten nowhere! So I also filed a complaint with Zynga. They got back to me and are looking into the problem.

• gillianslgilliansl Cupcake Princesses Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper

I will NOT be doing security "fill-ins" for my posts, so if things do not get posted, they do not get posted.
    You might want to also inform Zynga that you will NOT do this. Enough complaints, and perhaps they will stop the stupidity.

• GrizouneGrizoune Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@Dominus Mars said:
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused, @TayaW and @DebbieD13. CAPTCHA is one of the security measures made by Facebook to prevent spamming by automated bots or scripts. Farmers who post too many requests in a short period of time may become affected of this extra step before getting help. We appreciate your understanding on this, and thanks for helping out as well, @Sandy7226.

Im not a vip i used to play a lot and never got that befgore and its bugging me when i have to publish something at each 2 minutes or publish..we are not robot lol we play !!! have to ask and give lol!! Thats the game NO???? its not that?? but its very bugging always have to wrote that security code at each publish we gonna play others games...FIX THAT with facebook lol!!! Its been a lots of years i played and never have those security check bugging [email protected]!! C/est Plate jouer comme cela!!!

• GrizouneGrizoune Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Im not a vip i used to play a lot and never got that befgore and its bugging me when i have to publish something at each 2 minutes or publish..we are not robot lol we play !!! have to ask and give lol!! Thats the game NO???? its not that?? but its very bugging always have to wrote that security code at each publish we gonna play others games...FIX THAT with facebook lol!!! Its been a lots of years i played and never have those security check bugging [email protected]!! C/est Plate jouer comme cela!!!

• fluffycatsmomfluffycatsmom Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I also am having the capcha issue! IT is taking the fun out of this game! every day I make a complaint to Facebook about this...so far no response. I am considering quitting! I have played for years and this has only been the last few days but it is disruptive!

• Farm_Farm_ Mazter Guardian Posts: 487Registered User Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited November 2017

The capture is getting very old now. I am getting that nonsense tonight. First the shrinking dialog box now the capture.

• Dominus MarsDominus Mars Super Moderator Posts: 1,234Super Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the highly valuable sentiments and we'll share these to the team, Farmers. Please bear with us as Facebook is actively implementing this kind of security measure. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

BTW it's not facebooks fault. It's a farmville thing because if it was facebook my other games would do the same thing. "They don't". Let me tell you I post a lot of stuff. Some of them more than farmville. I understand that you want people to slow down but that is not the way. My newbie neighbors just give up because they cannot get the needed items they need because it's frustrating for the oldies to post stuff for them. Maybe if farmville would wise up and delete all posts that are more than a week old it might free up some space for them. Just a thought.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,308Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Farm_ said:
    BTW it's not facebooks fault. It's a farmville thing because if it was facebook my other games would do the same thing. "They don't". Let me tell you I post a lot of stuff. Some of them more than farmville. I understand that you want people to slow down but that is not the way. My newbie neighbors just give up because they cannot get the needed items they need because it's frustrating for the oldies to post stuff for them. Maybe if farmville would wise up and delete all posts that are more than a week old it might free up some space for them. Just a thought.

Many other people have reported that some of their other games on FaceBook are experiencing the same CAPTCHA requirement, it is NOT just FarmVille.

@Sandy7226 Said: Many other people have reported that some of their other games on FaceBook are experiencing the same CAPTCHA requirement, it is NOT just FarmVille.

I find it quite odd that only certain things get a captcha. The "EGGS NEVER DO" Both the bunny eggs and the chicken eggs oh and the dog bowls. I can tell you I post mega stuff. I am almost to level 1000 and I can tell you there are things that never get the captcha. Just saying. Not trying to be rude here just stating the facts as I see them. I play mega games as well and "farmville is the only game it happens on". I find that extremely odd. I would like to know what other games you're talking about. Please leave me a message on my profile here. Because if it is true I am going to complain to facebook. Not that it will do any good but at least I will try.

I don't play any other games that post, but if you ever visit the Ask the Dirt Farmer FaceBook page you will see other FV players posting that they are experiencing CAPTCHA on other games. They have complained to FB and as you predicted it does no good. It happens to me after the fourth or fifth post of the same type item, so it couldn't happen with eggs.

I will go there and see what they are playing. My eggs post no matter what. "Every single time". So that is strange to me. There are few other items that never get the captcha.

so I guess this is it. I cannot even get the automatic poster to work on the right side. I did check out thedirtyfarmer aka the dirt farmer and found nothing. I am wondering if anyone else is having problems with it. They need at least to refresh the game once in awhile so the little poster thing on the right side will work.

• Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Posts: 914Registered User On Fire

@DebbieD13 said:
    These started after I joined the VIP. Is there a connection? If so, I'm canceling my membership! These **** security checks are unreadable and a real nuisance! They destroy the joy of playing Farmville!

No connection to VIP since I don't belong and I get these 'checks'.

I've tracked the CAPTCHA Checks and they always appear after 10-12 consecutive 'shares'.

I expect that it's a problem with the Zynga/Facebook Interface that prevents Denial of Service Shares by bots.

@Farm_ said:

Totally disagree since there needs to be specific handshakes between Facebook and the various games hosted by Facebook under contract. My experience has been that Facebook is not always forthcoming with changes to theoir system which affect how FarmVille functions.

This is a Facebook/Zynga Interface problem which both must work out.

@Sandy7226 said:
    I don't play any other games that post, but if you ever visit the Ask the Dirt Farmer FaceBook page you will see other FV players posting that they are experiencing CAPTCHA on other games. They have complained to FB and as you predicted it does no good. It happens to me after the fourth or fifth post of the same type item, so it couldn't happen with eggs.

Sandy I would get the CAPTCHA popups is I upgraded my SKI Lodge 2 or 3 levels so, the posts don't have to be the same just over a short period of time. I expect that 10 or 12 posts over a 5 minute span would engage the CAPTCHA.
    At least, that's what I have experienced over my various accounts.

edited December 2017

Sooner or later someone will have a chrome extension to block it. We can hope anyway. Farmville is the only game that does it. I post a crapload of stuff from my other games and "never" get the captcha. It doesn't matter though. I am just going to play other games. I would believe it if was facebook "IF" it wasn't certain items. Never the eggs "chicken or bunny". Never the "dog bowls". Never the half way point to completion of items like orchards. When that can be explained....facebook would not discriminate what items got the captcha. Just saying. Now I am done with this. You all can believe what you want and I will believe what is more likely the truth. These apps have the ability/option to have captcha. First to slow things down it was the shrinking dialog boxes now the captcha. Don't care anymore and I am done playing until it goes away. I will try again in the new year. It's suppose to be fun. It's not anymore.

• Greenridge5150Greenridge5150 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Jan 05, 2018 1:53pm
    FACEBOOK/FARMVILLE......

I AM SICK OF HAVING TO ENTER SECURITY CAPTAS ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FARMVILLE POSTS.
    I HAVE BEEN USING MY NEW LAPTOP ON MY ACCOUNT FOR WELL OVER A MONTH NOW.
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ...TO END THIS BULLSHIT.

IT IS MAKING ME CUT DOWN MY TIME I SPEND ON MY FARM AND ON FACEBOOK DRASTICLY...

IRRITATED AND FRUSTRATED LOYAL FAN!!!!!
    I AM REPOSTING THIS POSTING I, ANGELA BLANSKI, HUMAN, POSTED.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND READY TO START ANOTHER MASS CONFLICT ON FACEBOOK WITH FARMVILLE PLAYERS IN REBUTAL OF THESE UNSATISFACTORY GAME STANDARDS.
  • Anne_M57Anne_M57 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@Sandy7226 said:
    There is NO connection. The security check is from FaceBook, complain to them. I play using FB's Gameroom and I don't get security checks, I am also in the VIP program.

I play on FB Gameroom too, and I get the CAPCHA Checks every time I harvest alot of Animal pens or Orchards. Yes, it's very annoying.

• Elsie HerringElsie Herring Learning the Ropes Posts: 65Registered User Captain Obvious
    edited January 2018

It tends to happen more when you are emptying your bushels. FB thinks it's SPAM and thus that you are a bot. Yes, it's annoying and I wish we did not need to do it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file