Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

55 letters to Santa???...

JillianHJillianH Saint SpontaneousRegistered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

We get only ten at a time due to the fact there was no expansion this Monday. There is no way we can complete the steps before January 1st unless we buy that stupid four tiles at 35% off. Your greed is showing FV!!! You are making these tasks impossible to do! :(

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,634 Lord of the Forums

Many, many, many players have finished this without paying FC.

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

How? When I have to get 55 letters for just one gift? They should have stayed at 15 or 20.

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

My bad now it is 60 letters. What will it be next? 70????

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,610 Lord of the Forums

these are the next lot of things you need to collect to finish the tree ... :)

Funny how the cartons that we can get and give only go up to 30, and the ones we have to collect 10 at a time or buy go up by 5 every time. How are we supposed to get 80??? :(

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,610 Lord of the Forums

JillianH .... I finished mine ages ago .....

there are some groups that you can join that specifically post for these types of things .... so you all help one another out ... as you are posting your requests for this specific items which helps everyone out ...

for years I needed time tonics but couldnt get them until I found a group where people post their requests for this item only ... and I managed to finish finally this year as have a few of my friends ... because we helped one another out ....

@Peela said:
    JillianH .... I finished mine ages ago .....

there are some groups that you can join that specifically post for these types of things .... so you all help one another out ... as you are posting your requests for this specific items which helps everyone out ...

for years I needed time tonics but couldnt get them until I found a group where people post their requests for this item only ... and I managed to finish finally this year as have a few of my friends ... because we helped one another out ....

Confused here. I am posting about the letters to Santa. We can not make them, nor can we ask for them. All we can do is collect them 5 for every expansion and 5 for the original farm. So currently with only one coin expansion we get 10 every six hours. I had early access so how did you finish ages ago without buying expansions? I sill have the last three to go and the require 70, 75 and 80 letters each. Did you buy expansions or letters?

I got some expansions .... but I also manged to grab some from the groups I mentioned .... if everyone in the group is posting then you help one another .... there are many groups on fb that help out with different challenges

@Peela said:
    I got some expansions .... but I also manged to grab some from the groups I mentioned .... if everyone in the group is posting then you help one another .... there are many groups on fb that help out with different challenges

I get all the cartons I post very fast as I have a lot of farmer friends it is the ones that they can not help in that I am referring to. You bought expansions and that is why you are done as only expansions get the letters, not friends. Without extra expansions you can only get ten every six hours, and no group can change that.

sorry you arent able to finish this activity ... but you should look at joining some of the groups on FB ... as everyone helps one another to collect what we need to complete challenges ...

@Peela said:
    sorry you arent able to finish this activity ... but you should look at joining some of the groups on FB ... as everyone helps one another to collect what we need to complete challenges ...

I am fairly certain we are not thinking of the same thing. This is the From Santa With Love feature. It has three stages. One ended on December 25th, one ends midnight tonight, and one ends on January 8th. I still have to midnight to finish so it is not over with stage two, and we still have stage three. Like I stated I do get help with things I can post, ask for and gift. The letters, however had to only come from collecting them on the farm every six hours. The number was based on land expansions ONLY, so you can ONLY get them from the farm, no group can help you.

Maybe you only did stage one? I did all of that with ease a long time ago, way before December 25th. The last two are very hard to do unless you have bought expansions. FV has never done this before and I hope they never will again.

sorry I must have gotten this confused with the last one which allowed you to collect some and ask for others ... but I have finished it ... see piccie ...

• R'Shara ElendilR'Shara Elendil Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon

@Peela said:
    sorry I must have gotten this confused with the last one which allowed you to collect some and ask for others ... but I have finished it ... see piccie ...

You were able to finish because you bought expansions. That's the point the other person is trying to make. Without expansions you can only get 10 every 6 hours, which is not enough to finish the quest and get all the presents.
    There is no way to get more than 10 every 6 hours except for spending Farm Cash. No amount of friends or groups or anything will help.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,634 Lord of the Forums

This is a chart I prepared to post in the Ask the Dirt Farmer FB group. I don't disagree that the feature is unreasonable, but I think it is do-able if you can click 3 times a day.

@R'Shara Elendil said:

@Peela said:

You were able to finish because you bought expansions. That's the point the other person is trying to make. Without expansions you can only get 10 every 6 hours, which is not enough to finish the quest and get all the presents.
    There is no way to get more than 10 every 6 hours except for spending Farm Cash. No amount of friends or groups or anything will help.

Thank you. That is what I was saying. Without the paid expansions there is no way anyone has already finished this. I have six days left to try.

@Sandy7226 said:
    This is a chart I prepared to post in the Ask the Dirt Farmer FB group. I don't disagree that the feature is unreasonable, but I think it is do-able if you can click 3 times a day.

Not everyone can click on this three times a day. With the children home, preparing Christmas, etc. I am lucky if I get two.

No argument, really dislike 3 times a day clicking

• whereismelvinwhereismelvin Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 20 Building Expert

I was on the next to last gift..... said 3 days left? waiting to click.... I think it was 70 letters..... then poof gone! I clicked 3 times a day.... :/

The feature ended today, you have 3 days to collect gifts