Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does FV take so long to load and work

WilkeleanorWilkeleanor Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon

Why does it take so long for FV to load? Fairly new computer,Flash updated today, but takes forever for advertisements to load, working on the farm takes forever, and I don't even do all the farms for that reason.All my other games are not having that problem. Getting ready to stop doing FV because it takes too long . Any suggestions and don't tell me I need a new computer, thank u.

Best Answers

• WilkeleanorWilkeleanor Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    Accepted Answer

How do you delete an individual farm if at all possible , I have been selling items but it doesn't seem to loading faster. I enjoyed the game much more when we only had 4 farms. Why add farms, why not just add more crops to keep it interesting ?

• WilkeleanorWilkeleanor Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    Accepted Answer

how can speed not be affected even if u don't visit a farm, I only visit maybe two farms a day and still takes forever to load, let alone trying to plant and /or harvest.Really confused on that answer.

Answers

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,660 Lord of the Forums

I would try different browsers .... my fv only works on google chrome .... not firefox .... others use different ones that I dont have .... cant hurt and may help you play fv ...

• elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire

i use google chrome and my farm takes forever to load screen is forever going white, shockwave not responding, i only do the home and english countryside for the same reason, must admit my laptop is old , i read somewhere on these forums ages ago that we need a device with a processor of least 3 , mine is only 1.5 to play this game smoothly

I also use google chrome but as I said it takes forever to load, and I have a fairly new computer, maybe I should sell some of the items on the farm so the game doesn't have too much to load. I only been doing one or two farms for that reason. Game is not being fun anymore.

• ScrumperScrumper Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 27 Building Expert

I use Edge, much faster than Chrome.

• Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire

FarmVille takes FOREVER to Load because it is so bloated with data after 41 different Farms.

Each of those Farms have special Crops, Crafts and decorations that go with them. Loading all those Crops, Crafts, and decorations into Memory takes time.
    All the silly sub games take time to load as well.
    So do all of our neighbors and in some cases, our Inboxes

The last time my game really bogged down, I did a check and could clearly see that Farmville was consuming 1.7 gigabytes of memory with each subsequent instance of Google Chrome consuming close to another gigabyte of memory.

Of course, none of this addresses all the little background jobs that Zynga is running in support of Farmville such as auditing and Ad's and other mysterious programs.

The only cure?

Upgrade your system to the fastest and biggest system available on the market. And don't forget about your upload/download speeds which are sometimes, significantly different with download speeds significantly faster than upload speeds and we all know, that FarmVille uploads stuff on a regular basis.
    EDach time your farm changes by adding an animal, crop, decoration or land plot, that has to be uploaded back to the Zynga Servers.

The solution is simple. Delete old farms, crops, decorations and doo dahs so that so much memory does not have to be consumed.

However, that just isn't going to happen.

• elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire

i have suggest deleting the farms that we do not visit the reply was that once we are no longer on them they are not taking up space (or something like that, cant remember the exact wording) but surely they have to be stored somewhere they cant just appear out of thin air if you want to visit them

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums

You can not delete individual farms, but if you do not visit a farm you are not loading that information so speed is not affected.

Adding new farms is how Zynga makes money and there are many, many players that enjoy the new farms.