Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pot of gold "race"

JillianHJillianH Saint SpontaneousRegistered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

OK, so I am still not sure who we are racing. Also why is everything taking so long to do? All the crafts are 6-8 hours to make. Why not the shorter ones? I doubt I will finish and I started earlier than others. I doubt anyone without early access will complete this in time. Why make this sooooo hard? I had one task to ask for things. but unlike quests that need one item this needs thirty! WHY? Why not one?

Comments

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,515 Lord of the Forums

you are racing imaginary opponents .... they get points ...for who knows what ... but they do get points only gradually .... you can skip the ones you dont want or cant do ... I have skipped heaps .... if you have super fertilizer then use it to have more bushels ... which will aid in the crafting of items ... some things are for a 5 star craft building ... I skip those as I dont have that ... its a 3hr wait if you skip ... but sometimes its worth it to get something you can do ... if you are doing the buildings ... the Imaginarium & unwither ring one .. then they sometimes come into play ... at '?' level you will get quite a few points ... one gave me 23 points ... its helps you along .... you have a couple of weeks to do this ... or you can just leave it ... it depends on yourself ...

• JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Enthusiastic Expert

I get the harvest ten animals or trees. So I skip it as I have neither of each. Then three hours later the same thing comes up, so again I skip it. Three hours later the same thing! So I wasted FC just to get to another task. I can afford it, but I feel bad for those that can not. Seems like the Repository of Dreams only comes up for those I have yet to open, so I do not open any gift unless it is in the Pot of Gold race.

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 2,515 Lord of the Forums

yeah I get those too JillianH ... they are very annoying ... but the craft items seem to rotate ... so I try and jag the one they are wanting .... and whilst that one is cooking I craft short term ones to hike up the levels in the shop .... but I dont have the trees either ... and only have about 8 animals ... no room ... so usually skip that one ... but now waiting on another 2 to finish that .... I usually dont harvest the fairies thing as its only once every 24hrs ... I left it last night and it came up today ... so got that one lOL ...got to be sneaky to get what you want ....

• darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,299 Genius Genie

I put down an orchard an bought a bunch of the coin trees - there are two of them for this farm... stuff an orchard with 25 of them and then you can do either the 10 tree or 25 tree one. I have about 24 loose animals - there is one coin one - I think a chicken - so put 10 of those down... They won't always be ready when the task comes up, but once every few days you can actually do an animal one instead of skipping... just don't harvest unless you have a task waiting.

I have a ton of instants and super ferts ( as in both register 999+) since I always do the leaderboards and do the quests multiple times... so I have been using them. I made a huge push last week since I did early release and had free fuel and I will finish the race tomorrow. I used NO farm cash.

I also have gotten the animals ready in the imaginarium waiting for a task... and I have coins waiting to spent in the repository of dreams. Those count if you are past them, but I think you have to be finished before they assign opened ones.

So I skip the 25 animal ones and the 30 ask ones and the trees or animals if I just harvested for a previous task.

I enjoyed it and would like it as a component on the next farm. I would leave the difficulty as it is.

I don't think it is finishable if you didn't do early release ( unless you are on a different time-line) or if you don't have instants available or if you are a casual evening only player.

As to the other three competitors... They appear to be progressing at a rate that will have them finishing or about to finish in the allotted time. i.e. they don't speed up. My guys are just past half way and I am at 924 ( I have a 27 task to turn in in the morning)