Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maharaja's Stable

smousesmouse Saint SpontaneousRegistered User Posts: 125 The Pesky Helper
edited March 2016 in FarmVille Discussion
Well- I think hard isn't accurate, but difficult to do all three unless lucky with the uncrating....... DF had a good analysis and some good information, but I think one assumption made was inaccurate. Realistically, you can feed your crate sometime before work or during lunch or when you wake up... and then it finishes at the earliest early afternoon if you get up and go to work by 9, but chances are a lot of people can't log in AT work in mid afternoon... so that pushes the second feeding to after work... since the time is 8 hours you can't get another feeding in before bed. I hope no one is so obsessive that they force the 3 feedings a day every day until done... I am sure there are some, but the majority can manage a before work, morning or lunch feeding and an evening feeding... so twice a day...SO I think it works out to 5.5 days for 2 passes.

So I chose the big stage and have 11 animals and 5 crates... so in 5.5 days I will have opened 11 animals ( since we kind of started with a freebie ( of course I lost half a day getting going) So... There is a chance the big stage will be done in 6 days... BUT we all know that we get duplicates. So I will have another 10 chances in another 5.5 days... and those 5.5 days are fairly safe... if you feed sometime before early afternoon, you can feed again sometime after work and before going to bed... So one cooks during work, the other while sleeping...

It would be nice if they dropped it to 6 hours... so you COULD get 3 passes in a day - perhaps....

So the big stage should be done by the end of week two... Then you can work on the remaining 3 animals in small or the 6 in medium... gold studded elephant, exuberant camel and golden dance peacock are the common prizes.

Comments

• illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited February 2016
    According to DF, if you have any "uncompleted" cradles, you will lose them when you switch stages. So, if you only had 1 animal to go, would you do all 5 (to maximize your chances of getting that one, but getting the rest as duplicates/waste them) or would you do less (hoping to get lucky with less waste, but risk waiting another few days if you don't get lucky and have to do more)?
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited February 2016
    lol- well since you lose them anyway I would probably keep the maximum going and then just make the extra animals... THEN switch. If I needed them, it was good to have them, if I didn't, well... I like camels and elephants and they go just as nicely on oasis and savannah as they do India....
  • smousesmouse Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 125 The Pesky Helper
    edited February 2016
    I think 6 hours would have been better so we could do 3 a day
    edited February 2016
    It is nice to know there is a maximum number of cradles to make (assuming that is true). I swear that because there is a max, I am going to use every last one. Last time let us say there were 10 animals. I had all ten by the time I had made 15. I know others had issues. But I was lucky. This time not so lucky or else it is coded so everyone has to do the max. I have done 24 and have been waiting for two rare ones since 13.....
    edited February 2016
    Finished the large stable with I think 25 animals... ( abandoned 2 crates... mine were not all finishing at once). Started Medium... yes- it drops you to 4 spots, but does start you with one ready to harvest after using 7 wheat... Animals received in large do not count in medium as DF indicated. I wasn't sure how that was going to work since things are random. I mean it marks of the 3 ones you won in Large, but... does it count the number so your max is less? Doesn't look like it. I am going to have to figure out an 8 hour schedule....
    edited February 2016
    I think the "previously ones count" is, as you said--they are marked as "won". However, I do believe it does NOT count as part of your "attempts". That is, you would still have to do (at max) 13 cradles for the small, even if you've technically "made" 3 of the animals.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2016
    illdoc wrote: »
    I think the "previously ones count" is, as you said--they are marked as "won". However, I do believe it does NOT count as part of your "attempts". That is, you would still have to do (at max) 13 cradles for the small, even if you've technically "made" 3 of the animals.

Exactly right.
    edited February 2016
    I am hoping that the 4 I finish in the morning get me another rare, so the others will fall into line quickly... not looking forward to trying the 8 hour process- although I realized yesterday that 9,5,1am is possible since I usually read in bed until 2am...so if I take my Surface to bed.....I might get a few 3 passes in a day....
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited February 2016
    So far I have completed the medium and small groups. I'm now working on the large and will see how far I get through them.

The medium I did a total of 21 cradles. The first 5 cradles were all unique. Then I think I got 1 new animal per round.

The small I did 10 cradles. I think I got 3 unique animals in the first 4 crates. Then again 1 per round.

I just started the large round yesterday. My first full round will be finished tomorrow morning. I'll have to wait and see how it goes. (I may or may not get all the animals, depending on how my luck runs)

The duplicate animals do not show as complete on mine. (The animals duplicated in the small and medium package are not checked off in the large package). However, so far, I have gotten those animals (again) before I get the final animal in the package.

Every couple of days I manage to get 3 feedings in, but usually it's only 2.

I need to craft some more hay soon.
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited February 2016
    illdoc wrote: »

So that means, for the large stage, you have to grow 51 cradles instead of 39 (39 attempts + the 12 wins) to get a missing animal? I went ahead and switched to the medium stage, since I opened 39 animals and was still missing one, so I guess I can't go back and try for it. Wish they had been more specific.

Or, and this is quite likely, it's bugged too!
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited February 2016
    I suspect it's just bugged. I am hoping to make it through the large without too much difficulty, but my philosophy is that I will get what I will get (and am not fretting about what I don't get).
    edited February 2016
    I got through the large stable with I think I said 25 cradles. I got both the rare's in the medium in the first "free" one and the next 4... so it will be interesting to see what happens. In three of my other accounts I only asked for wheat and got some off the feed and thus was keeping one or two cradles going and got the small one done. So for those who don't want to work hard and want a few prizes, it can be done now that we have the in game feed on with very little effort ( log in once a day for doing the right hand icons, one pass on whatever is in the feed and leave)

Musicalchef - no you don't have to open 51 cradles to get all the prizes in the large stable... just the 39 ( or in my case 25).

As yet- only made it to 2 passes a day, still haven't managed 3. There is hope for tonight if I am awake at 2:09 am :)
  • MelissaRMelissaR Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 288 Unstained Chieftain
    edited March 2016
    I wish they'd extend this. 7 hrs 49 mins to go and my cradles are at level 3 with 7 hr 53 min until I can feed them again!
    edited March 2016
    Took 35/39 tries, 9/13 tries, and 13/25 tries but I managed to get all except the (rare) rakish camel (medium)!
    edited March 2016
    I understood we were going to be able to use up the hay we had today but instead its only animals for sale
    edited March 2016
    Check again---Stable now ends at 11:50 pm Eastern time tomorrow.
    edited March 2016
    Yes it changed but again it says 2 days left to finish your stage and yet its locked when I have hay to use
    Oh well