Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sick of different type of plots on farms

Enrico SuarezEnrico Suarez Forum TravellerRegistered User Posts: 30 Building Expert
edited February 2016 in FarmVille Discussion
could not agree more its ridiculous

Comments

• NiniDNiniD On Fire Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous
    edited January 2016
    Not only different kinds of plots but they're all chopped up and separated. I haven't even bothered to start the "beat" thing on India because there's no reason for me to beat it then abandon it like I have most of the other chopped farms. I'm tired of the "beat" a farm theme and figure I can go back and beat them if I ever have need for India and those that follow.
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited January 2016
    I don't mind having water crops, but there are too many of them! Especially considering the next water plots don't open up for several more weeks and we have, what, 36 plots until then?
    I saw on Dirt Farmer that coin vehicles are coming, by the way.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited January 2016
    The "water plots" are becoming a bear to plow and harvest. I still haven't found that "never miss" sweet spot since the damned cursor always seems to bounce around when it gets near the water plots.

I have had more miss-clicks than I care to remember lately due to the way these multi-leveled water plots are defined to the system and the display lag which is not becoming an "as expected" feature of Farmville.

What REALLY irritates the stuffing out of me is having Water Products as a part of the Weekly Leaderboard Challenges on the week that the Farm is released for free! It almost FORCES Farmers to buy the additional water plotting areas just to get enough bushels to participate.

Yes, I know I should just wait but I'm an impatient kinda guy that forgets stuff really easily anymore.

I wonder what "India 2" will present. If there is one that is.
  • ManxmanManxman Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 459
    edited January 2016
    There are a number of problems with these split farms, the biggest being the miserly 36 plots.
    With no coin machines (more about these later) they take 108 clicks to plow,sow & harvest and what do we get - 1 bushel !

Why bother when we can get 3 bushels just by swapping them (every 3 hours).

As for the machines, if you put them in the garage you have to open it and select which machine, place them in the water and you lose plots - it's a lose lose situation.
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited January 2016
    Yes, it would be easier if there was a panel like in Hawaii so we could choose between water and land vehicles.

Here is what I did on Alpine:

I kept the water harvester, tractor, and seeder in the garage, since I needed them often and wanted to fully expand them.
    I kept the land combine in the garage as well, and expanded it.
    I had a land tractor, but I kept it outside in a corner since I only used it when we opened a new expansion and needed to plow new ground.
    And that's pretty much all I needed. I bought a land harvester later, when I'd beaten all the land crops and was just doing leaderboards.

Right now I'm just planting the 18-hour water crop every day until the coin vehicles come.
  • NiniDNiniD On Fire Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous
    edited January 2016
    I wonder what "India 2" will present. If there is one that is.

If there is an India 2, I hope they don't flub up the storage like they did on Avalon. You can expand it to 1500 but can only use 1250 of it. The only reason I do the "beat farm" stuff is to get the shared storage and since I had to "beat" 2 farms, I feel like the storage should have been double. Not that we really need it that bad at this point but if we have to work so hard to get it, we should get what we earned.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited January 2016
    I'm confused about India 2, the next farm is Japan.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited January 2016
    I have figured out how to handle Alpine Jingle... If I click the combine or the harvest option in the popup ( where you go to plant), I can of course plant the water or the land ( since I did early access and have the combine). If I just want to harvest, that item either works on the water or the land, but not both. If it isn't working on the terrain I want, I can click on the garage and select harvest and that will do the other terrain. So I do NOT have to open the garage and select the vehicle. Not sure if that helps anyone, but since I have discovered that the harvest only has been easy. This was btw for Alpine Jingle... and I do have the coin water vehicles. It will be nice to get coin water Indian vehicles. Until then, I have been doing fine with the quests with the combine and regular coin land craft. Once you get the plots down it is easy.

I personally like the varied terrain. This time the land is grouped together and I see possibilities for decoration.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind having water crops, but there are too many of them! Especially considering the next water plots don't open up for several more weeks and we have, what, 36 plots until then?
    I saw on Dirt Farmer that coin vehicles are coming, by the way.

Ugh, the last time that they did that I couldn't get them to work without opening the garage. That would be fine and dandy but 99% of the time the garage didn't feel like opening. The solution was to put the harvester in that huge gap between the buildings and the plots. We can't really do that with the water vehicles, they have been mind bogglingly stingy (bad business move) with water plots, and I tried doing that on the last farm but the vehicle took up more than one plot. I didn't delete to find out how many, but due to this alone I'm never going to buy early access again. It takes too long to be able to do the simplest things and I just don't see the point. It's the only thing that I spend FC on, sorry Zynga. It's not me, it's you.