Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speeding Up Your Farmville Gameplay

13»

Comments

• nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited September 2013
    james cow wrote: »
    sometimes that tip speds it up a bit for me but a lot of times its still as laggy as **** i reckon it has to do with the stuff that comes up on the side of the game to.

Mines exactly the same as yours. It speeds it up and then once everything has loaded properly - it slows down again! -____-
  • RoyRDRoyRD Learning the Ropes Facebook Connect User Posts: 7 Loose Cannon
    edited October 2013
    I'm fed up with the speed of this game, I can play C&C game and other games without any internet issue, before someone tell me that. It takes a long time doing anything on Farmville like doing crop or moving anything on the farm. Yes I have spent a bit of money on the game and would like Zynga to do something about it, but I maybe asking too much. If nothing get better soon, I may have to think about quit the game of good.

I think nothing will change and no one will care about it.
  • LuisaTaylorLuisaTaylor Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 137
    edited November 2013
    YES me too THANK YOU!!! you should work for Zynga!! Maybe you can get them to speed up fixing the bugs LOL
  • skygirlblueskygirlblue Dedicated Go Getter Registered User Posts: 360
    edited November 2013
    Great tip!!!...but, sadly, I fell into the category of it not working...
  • kerstenvkerstenv Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    Tried both things (friend's name & random letters), and it does help loading a bit. However, after switching locations a few times the regular lag was back. I saw a definite improvement in craft shops, though. I am interested in toggling the graphics. I've clicked the little icon a few times and the screen adjusts, but there is nothing to tell me the status of the graphics. Does anyone know how many times to click it, or how to tell exactly what your settings are? Thanks. .....using Mozilla, by the way.
  • Mrs. ChristusMrs. Christus Colossal Titan Slayer Suspended User Posts: 396
    edited May 2014
    Ihr seid bei Farmville und nicht bei euch zu haus. Dieses Spiel von Farmville hat Regeln, und vor allem die Regel, daß Ihr nicht betrügt!
    Ihr könnt Vorschläge machen oder ein Feedback abgeben.
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited May 2014
    Mrs. Christus in all due respect is there any particular reason that you continue to accuse players of cheating? Just curious is all...
  • hippyplay11hippyplay11 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 17
    edited July 2014
    Wow it worked thank you...:)
  • RaskofTreveRaskofTreve Social Snowflake Registered User Posts: 291
    edited October 2014
    Since I posted this thread couple of years back, I have since updated my computer to be very fast. 16 gigs of ram, 3.8 ghz processor, 2 gig video card. I also updated my internet connection speed to 60 Mbps with Charter, my service provider. While I wiz thru farmville, there are times that things get very slow and I STILL find that if i put in a bogus name or use the little arrow at the bottom left, and have no pictures in the neighbors, it STILL improves my game play. I suspect that Flash is the reason why. These pictures that are absent, are just 8 less pictures that Flash has to load. I suspect that if we didnt have all those little icons going up and down the left and right of our farms (the ability to turn them off) then the gameplay would be even faster. I'm gratified a lot of players benefit from this tip. Keep on playing!!!
  • Claire WoodClaire Wood Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2015
    Ever play farmville and it appeared that the game was sluggish in movement? You know, things load as slow as all get out? Take for example, going into your craftshop, trying to get bushels there and then moving from one recipe to another and finally dreading to share? Well, what I discovered is a way to increase my speed of farmville DRAMATICALLY. In fact, the speed has been so dramatic, I venture to say game play is INSTANTANEOUS in all functions of the game, including dragging the screen to and fro.

What I accidently discovered was the little search box above the icons of farmville at the botton of game play. Those pictures where you see all the farms of your neighbors and your ability to visit your neighbors farms. Ok, so you see the pictures and the little search box above it? Type in the name of one of your neighbors. That person will appears as the right most picture and all of the other farmville neighbors will vanish. I don't know how, but then you resume gameplay and BAM, its like you got a brand new computer. EVERYTHING in game play is TOTALLY quicker to the point of being able to do gameplay functions almost as fas as I can push the buttons.

So I told someone else about it and it worked for them too. Now, all you gotta do is try it and report back here your results. Now, as far as I can determine, as long as you keep just one picture in your farmville players task bar down there, the game will be much quicker. When you want to get all your neighbors back, just click the x in the search box and they all appear again, but the game is slowed down again.

Works for me!!!

I tried this and my craftshop is still very slow. I get Flash errors often but especially in the craftshops.
  • Missy KingMissy King Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2015
  • lbdanaslbdanas Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited March 2015
    Ever play farmville and it appeared that the game was sluggish in movement? You know, things load as slow as all get out? Take for example, going into your craftshop, trying to get bushels there and then moving from one recipe to another and finally dreading to share? Well, what I discovered is a way to increase my speed of farmville DRAMATICALLY. In fact, the speed has been so dramatic, I venture to say game play is INSTANTANEOUS in all functions of the game, including dragging the screen to and fro.

What I accidently discovered was the little search box above the icons of farmville at the botton of game play. Those pictures where you see all the farms of your neighbors and your ability to visit your neighbors farms. Ok, so you see the pictures and the little search box above it? Type in the name of one of your neighbors. That person will appears as the right most picture and all of the other farmville neighbors will vanish. I don't know how, but then you resume gameplay and BAM, its like you got a brand new computer. EVERYTHING in game play is TOTALLY quicker to the point of being able to do gameplay functions almost as fas as I can push the buttons.

So I told someone else about it and it worked for them too. Now, all you gotta do is try it and report back here your results. Now, as far as I can determine, as long as you keep just one picture in your farmville players task bar down there, the game will be much quicker. When you want to get all your neighbors back, just click the x in the search box and they all appear again, but the game is slowed down again.

Works for me!!!

It didn't make any difference. Today I even allowed that post that comes up asking if I want to go faster...no difference. Its driving me crazy
  • Fannie RileyFannie Riley Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 4 New to the Forums
    edited March 2015
    thanks for the tip, I'll try it.
  • AnnthewhofanAnnthewhofan Forum Detective Registered User Posts: 295 Unstained Chieftain
    edited April 2015
    Might have worked then but not any more. Since a lot of farms been added now so must be others ways to find to make it go better. I came here on something on the same lines. You know when you accept gifts and another envelope appears to accept twice on the same one well i discovered that by accident that it does not happen on all of them if you do it one at a time and wait on the first few and still click the envelope. Then after 2 or 3 the rest is easy dont get that pop up enverlope so its faster :)
  • sgakazsgakaz The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 89 Dramachine
    edited May 2015
    I can't find any search box!
  • elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 951
    edited July 2015
    The only thing I have found that speeds up the game? Installing adblocker. those **** ads slow the game down like nobody's business. And I am not talking about the free cash ones. I am talking about the running ads on the bottom of the game. Once I installed this the game runs like new. If you like the free cash ads then this will be an issue as they don't appear with this installed. But if you don't care then try this It works.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited July 2015
    Works like a Charm!

Playing since Farmville Time Began and I went and learned something new!
  • seaspiritnwseaspiritnw The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 79 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited August 2015
    Wow...all these months I have avoided playing because of the incredible lag..this is amazing!
  • LadyMairwynLadyMairwyn Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 5 Loose Cannon
    edited September 2015
    Will try this out for sure, thanks so much!
  • deltacountrydeltacountry Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited December 2015
  • Max SmithMax Smith Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 3 New to the Forums
    edited January 2016
  • feathersgafeathersga Muffin Registered User Posts: 17 Building Expert
    edited February 2016
    Sounds like a great idea. Will have to try this out because my farms are large and take forever to load. Then once loaded my avatar still crawl's like a slug in winter. Ty for what seems to be a great solution :)
  • Alla NarkanskiAlla Narkanski Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited May 2016
    Just tried this and its so awesome!