Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Christmas farm will have SCROOGE written all over it

farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
edited December 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
Do you want to be faced with FOUR DIFFERENT TERRAINS!

Land, Water, Snow and Ice!

Or are you like me, wanting to only have to plant on LAND!

Comments

• musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited November 2015
    So, a really cold Jade Falls, apparently.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited November 2015
    I'm very discouraged by what I have read on the new farm. I'll look at it and if it is too crazy with the four different types of plots, it will just sit there and I will either ignore it as I did Sweet Acres, or it will get worked on at my leisure to combat boredom. I will never, never, ever reward Zynga for this stupidity with spending any FC on their water/ice/whatever vehicles to farm those ridiculously small amounts of plots. For now, it is "wait and see" for me but I don't have a lot of optimism about the whole thing. On top of that is the fact that it is coming out way too close to Christmas and that is just a very hectic time of year for a lot of us and we don't have time to mess with it.
  • lmb2754lmb2754 Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 63
    edited November 2015
    I'm all on board with ignoring it, if they've totally gone overboard with stupid - stupid is, as stupid does and I doesn't do stupid! >.<
  • elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 951
    edited November 2015
    You people DO realize that you do not HAVE to play ANY farm that you don't want...right? I get so sick of people whining about the new farms when NOBODY is forcing you to play. Even Zynga tells you to play whatever farm you want and ignore the rest. SO...give the complaining a rest!
    edited November 2015
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I'm very discouraged by what I have read on the new farm. I'll look at it and if it is too crazy with the four different types of plots, it will just sit there and I will either ignore it as I did Sweet Acres, or it will get worked on at my leisure to combat boredom. I will never, never, ever reward Zynga for this stupidity with spending any FC on their water/ice/whatever vehicles to farm those ridiculously small amounts of plots. For now, it is "wait and see" for me but I don't have a lot of optimism about the whole thing. On top of that is the fact that it is coming out way too close to Christmas and that is just a very hectic time of year for a lot of us and we don't have time to mess with it.

Well, I suppose they do want to provide as well for people who don't celebrate Christmas but still have the time off work, or who maybe celebrate but don't have family nearby to celebrate with. I'm in that situation myself (although I do, in fact, have a life outside the internet and farmville). But I do miss the old farm formats.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited November 2015
    You people DO realize that you do not HAVE to play ANY farm that you don't want...right? I get so sick of people whining about the new farms when NOBODY is forcing you to play. Even Zynga tells you to play whatever farm you want and ignore the rest. SO...give the complaining a rest!

True, but there is a big flaw in that logic. They are breaking momentum. If people don't want to do this farm they might not do the next one, then the next one, etc. They won't bother buying early access because they don't have all of the early crops, animals, etc. Not a good business plan. This company seems to have building ill will with their customers down to a science, making more dumb decisions aren't going to help get people to continue playing this game or trying new games. They don't advertise their new games on FV any more, I'm guessing it's because people just aren't as interested in them as they thought that they would be. I don't bother with other Zynga games, in fact the very idea of that makes me cringe. I'm probably not alone.
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited November 2015

Yes WE people realize that. However, this time notice it's not a complaint about "oh no , another farm", which is what you are complaining about.

This time, it is a LEGIT complaint about a farm that has possibly FOUR terrains. People complained enough about JF that the last many farms were single terrain farms, albeit the multiple level format for the recent farms.

[sarcasm] You people do realize you don't have to read all forum threads, do you? I'm so sick of people not letting players voice LEGIT concern or feedback about a farm. [/sarcasm]
    edited November 2015
    I hope at least the vehicles (the normal ones - I never buy early access and won't buy vehicles for cash) will work on all the terrains! If that happens, it won't be so bad. It would basically be like Jade Falls.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I hope at least the vehicles (the normal ones - I never buy early access and won't buy vehicles for cash) will work on all the terrains! If that happens, it won't be so bad. It would basically be like Jade Falls.

The farm-specific farm cash vehicles will be required, or it will mean manually farming, one plot at a time.
  • Karen 2Karen 2 Grand Poohbah Facebook Connect User Posts: 749
    edited November 2015
    I HATED Jade Falls because of the three different types of plot and the very limited areas of each... I abandoned it as soon as possible, and so did a lot of people. What on earth makes Zynga think we want another farm like it only worse?
  • ManxmanManxman Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 459
    edited November 2015
    Not too sure if there are going to 4 different terrains.
    I think the snow/ice will count as 1, my reasoning around this is there are only 3 SEPARATE un-wither to buy/build !
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited November 2015
    I am excited. I like Jade. The newer crops identify what type of terrain they plant on. I always buy early access so I have a combine. Once plots are set, it isn't an issue. I am looking forward to it. As someone said- you can always not play it!
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I am almost certainly NOT going to play the new farm. I am seriously considering quitting FarmVille altogether. I have a big career change on the horizon. BIG....as in HUGE. As in, WTF am I playing this nightmare of a game for exactly when I am now a ____. Sorry, cannot say what I am going to be, but it is freakin' fantastic.
  • DEBSPIGZDEBSPIGZ Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 27 Building Expert
    edited November 2015
    Guys, (and ladies!) I haven't taken the time to check this new farm out, but my opinion lays with my fellow farmers......elmopalooza, I agree with you also, but with one small difference, I like to think that I am a sensitive and supporting player, when I don't all of a sudden get this guilt trip feeling and my resolve falls completely apart and I cave in.........perfect reaction from me. seeing that a few years ago I was the very busy daycare lady for a crazy house full of kids!!!!! Yeah, yeah, I can hear your minds working on this one all ready.....what does this have to do with the comment from our well versed friend, elmopalooza? Just as I figured! ALL RIGHT, all right already.....shesh! I don't know about the rest of you, but that demon most people call GUILT is right on my shoulder, beating my head in about not being able to work up the courage to ignore something that I know, something that is sitting right there looking at me for a solution about do I ignore this new farm or not. You know, I'm going to give it a try right? It's like having four kids stare me down for permission to 'DECORATE' the dog.......ew, that was awful.....I have also had to make the choice about being able to survive with all the farms that they're throwing at us. So far I've closed 2 farms and trying to make the decision about more of them....it's hard to do but hey! I think about all the SPACE for storage that an empty farm can give you! As long as you have access from one farm to the next, it's the perfect project!!! I really wish that I could do this with my house.....some people call it HOARDING, I call it CREATIVE PILING . Good luck to all of you, now I'm getting nervous. I can't see being responsible for so many farms with the same meaning. Why can't Zynga help the players to feel better about what we do and instead of so many farms, give us access to prizes, bought things either with coins or cash. We wouldn't have to worry about another farm taking up even more of our spare time. I would love more buildings to place, animals and crops to master.....I really hate not having my mastery signs. I also don't like the idea of Zynga's operations being overridden because everything has to go through somebody from India either.
    edited November 2015
    I spent a delightful weekend decorating Fair Tale and Phantom. My quests were finished on Friday, the elf was rescued, the crops were planted for tomorrow's quest and since I am planning on going 3 times around, crafting was in place for 2 and some 3 passes... Leaderboard was done. I had nothing to guilt trip me and I had a delightful time trying to deal with the pile of decorations I had been dumping there... waiting for that moment. It isn't finished, but that 50x50 space if fairly well finished.

We have talked about this forever in the forum. OK... some of you won't do Early Access... so don't grumble about having to pay for machinery... Take your time doing crop mastery- when the plowing is done on a small spot you can think back when you planted and harvested and plowed without tools... I have never bought a non coin tool ( unless after the fact when everything goes on sale for 80% and they look cool... so they stay out and aren't garaged.) I live with the EA combine... Personally I like the 2x2 tools. It allows for more fine tuning of crop planting and harvesting.

And if you don't want to play a farm, don't.... Let one go fallow. I pop into some farms one every few weeks and do the tasks, get some recipes going, plant more crops ( unwither if I don't have a ring), tend the buildings and specials and such and move some things around... plop some gift box item or two down and leave for a few more weeks...I think the farm I most truly have abandoned to a mess is Enchanted.... it got my gift box contents dumped on it when I went from 2200 to 500 about a year ago. I haven't been able to face it... I feel so ashamed of the neat clutter I made...

So you don't have to truly abandon them... just ignore them for a while... My problem is I get 50-75 % decorated and then I need more space! So thank goodness another farm comes along to store stuff on. I just wish I could get the country fair organized on Lighthouse... Zynga keeps adding carnival stuff and I hate to stow things! But for us decorators, the whim will hit and suddenly an old farm needs care. England for instance might lose some buildings to the new farm and of course all the Swiss stuff can come out of storage! I wish we could have another oriental farm so I could spread out that stuff. Jade is too cramped.

I have actually found I am spending less time farming now- even with all the farms...
    edited November 2015
    Welcome to the Moment No One Has Been Waiting For

Farm will debut in just a few hours from now. Color me not interested.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited November 2015
    Waaa Waaa Waaa!

I should have my Unwither Ring tomorrow morning after gobbling up 14 Instagrows, and 15 Super Fertilizers along with biting the bullet and just buying one expansion for 22 Farm Cash and another for 34 Farm Cash along with the 45 FC for early access and 12 FC for the Tractor.

Once I get the unwither ring on ANY farm, I'm pretty much done with it except for the Weekly Leader Board Challenge.

I could whine about a 100 different things that I don't care for or that *I do not necessarily think are fair but...........it's their game and I like to play it.

I learned in 2011 that its really pointless to whine. I just get worked up and others get worked up and nothing gets resolved so why bother? It is what it is and there's no changing it.
    edited December 2015
    Lol Clyde... I will just mosey along and have it sometime next week... This one looks like a fun one to decorate. But I will save my $$ for discounted expansions
  • rrstarrrstar Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 89
    edited December 2015
    Whoo Hooo, It's been awhile, since I've visited these forums. Seems as though the same "Lord of the Forums" is still here threatening to quit! OP stated... "I am seriously considering quitting FarmVille altogether." With almost 500 post, this farmer wonders how many times that saber has been rattled!
    edited December 2015
    The next farm is a nightmare. Multiple plot types, possibly as many as four types.

I've only seen two and cannot expect that there would be any others. I've purchased in the "Snow Fields" and a "Frozen Lake". Both use the Alpine Tractor for plowing. Looking at the Market place, there are only has the standard Alpine Vehicles Available yet virtually every bit of acreage is available for purchase. (Land/Water/Ice/Snow)

Alpine%20Farm%20Vehicles-03_zpska4agqbe.jpg

Alpine%20Farm%20Vehicles-04_zpsshv7nvlz.jpg

I can understand why folks would believe that "multiple" vehicles "might" be required since Hawaiian Paradise had Land and Water Plots which "REQURED" separate vehicles. (i.e. Land Tractor/Water Tractor, Land Seeder/Water Seeder, etc.) They still do. Alpine, from what I see, has a single tractor/seeder/harvester/combine which will work on multiple "plot" types.

As a default, water plots can be plow/seeded/harvested 1 at a time using the current "Plow Tool" and "Multi Tool" so it's not like folks are being left without a method of dealing with Water Plots. It's slow and cumbersome but Zynga has addressed some of the tediousness with farming by implementing such tools as "Turbo's and "Large Combines". It certainly is not as bad as it used to be.

Personally, I just coughed up the dough (12 FC) for the Alpine Tractor. The combine came with the Early Release. I'd recoup that 12FC and then some come next Monday anyway what with the 30FC received from the VIP Membership. Once the plots are plowed witht he tractor, the Combine does the rest.

On the negative side, there are a LOT of different areas to farm which makes the game a wee bit sluggish.

I also found that regardless of what Level you achieve on Alpine, regardless of what stage the Ice Palace is at and regardless of how many "Mystery Presents" you unwrap, you still have to wait for "Santa's Consent" to freely expand into the next plot area.

Note in the graphic below that I'm Level 34, have built the Ice Palace tot he required Level AND have opened more than 10 Mystery Presents yet, "Unlock" is not available? This happened on Phantom Valley as well for some of my accounts but not all of my accounts. Maybe it'll change when Alpine goes Public next Monday? It doesn't matter though since it appears that purchasing Early Access DOES have some negatives (such as waiting another 23 Days to unlock the above expansion?).

Alpine%20Expansions_zpsqdaizzj6.jpg

But, whatever!

We Farm.
    We Whine.
    We Farm.
    We Whine.

But we ALWAYS come back for just one more hit....................Because we know, that if we don't, we'll run screaming out of the ROOM shouting "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!"
    edited December 2015
    rrstar wrote: »
    Whoo Hooo, It's been awhile, since I've visited these forums. Seems as though the same "Lord of the Forums" is still here threatening to quit! OP stated... "I am seriously considering quitting FarmVille altogether." With almost 500 post, this farmer wonders how many times that saber has been rattled!

I have quit and blocked the game
    edited December 2015
    Karen 2 wrote: »
    I HATED Jade Falls because of the three different types of plot and the very limited areas of each... I abandoned it as soon as possible, and so did a lot of people. What on earth makes Zynga think we want another farm like it only worse?

Hmmmm, my one Tractor did all 3 plot types PLUS it was purchased with "Jade Coins".
    The positive side of Jade Falls was that "Terraced Plots" never "withered". Ever.

"Abandoning" and Farm is ALWAYS a viable option and there is certainly nothing wrong with doing so. I have all the farms but ONLY for their Craftshops (in generating whatever is needed to open the 30 Mystery Presents) and really only use 5 of them for the 6,000 plot harvesting of the 2nd Weekly Leaderboard Challenge crop.

Each farm has a Fishing Hole (some have 2) and a Floating Castle for generating close to 500 SDB's a day but other than that, they simply are not used.
    edited December 2015
    Last early access EVER (only the third time) and quite possibly the last farm ever. Not loving this one because:
    1) The EA combine is the only vehicle that works on the water crops, of course.
    2) We can only fit 36 water crops in the little itty bitty space they were so kind to provide us with.
    3) Most of the crops required for crafting for the quests require at least 6 water crops, most of those are over 4 hours. I quit quests when Lighthouse Cove came out but thought that I'd do the EA ones. I haven't missed much!
    4) The plots near the next expansion can only be 8 wide because, like the annoying Avalon farm, the fence for the next expansion takes up too much room which eliminates 10 plots.
    5) Buildings are ****WAY**** too big. I don't keep anything but the orchard, garage, crafting cottage, and storage hole and that takes up 14 plots with a fairly large gap between those and the plots. The last farm was, I thought, annoying because the storage shed took up more room than the previous ones and I had to use 10 plots for the building. I usually get it down to 9, which is convenient since I don't bother expanding vehicles to more than 3x3 because all of the expansions are 9x9.
    6) The number of obstacles seemed to be higher than with other farms. I may be wrong on that though, because the farm itself seems even more microscopic than other ones due to the huge buildings and the inability to put in those 10 plots along the side of the fence.
    7) The time between when we can expand requirement needs to go. It's not an incentive to pay FC, it's an incentive to get bored quickly and to not bother the next time EA comes out since the first expansion doesn't come out for two weeks. Put the EA on a different schedule or just get rid of it.

ETA: If anyone can figure out how to get more than 138 plots on the initial land I'd love to hear how. I'm tempted to get rid of the garage since that alone takes up 6 plots. The animals for all the farms without the little narrow strip around them go into storage until I get the shipping license, forever if they are locked. I don't go back and put buildings on the farms, once they are over they get ignored. There really haven't been any memorable ones IMO. The newer ones have been better, but I still confuse the Oasis with the Riviera farms and the Emerald Valley with the Fairy Tale farms, for example. Too many and they are too much alike. Same farm, different wallpaper.
  • NiniDNiniD On Fire Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous
    edited December 2015

I'm not fond of the chopped up farms and varied plots (and necessity to buy cash vehicles to plant them). It's been a bit boring ignoring all the new farms and never getting anything new on the old ones or sale options to expand them. Just because I don't have to play the new farms doesn't mean I'm going to spend my money on anything for the old farms I haven't had incentive to expand and have maxed out. Where's the smart business in flippantly making it known to players that they can play old farms but Z is going to continue to ignore them?

I don't come in here often to say anything as it does no one any good to complain and there's been nothing to get excited about recently, but this game isn't black and white and it doesn't evolve forward (meaning that the 1st farm is as useful and important and the last one) so why does Z keep trying to treat it as though it is a forward moving game that we should keep following? If I don't have to play the new farm, give me some incentive to keep playing the old ones.

I think this is what a lot of people are trying to say. That's not a complaint. That's an issue.
    edited December 2015
    NiniD wrote: »
    I think this is what a lot of people are trying to say. That's not a complaint. That's an issue.

Exactly. The problem with the "you don't have to play the new farm" is that we really don't have to play any of the farms, as you have pointed out, and a heck of a lot of people don't any more. Serious issue. I find all of the farms to be disposable as soon as I beat them. They are all "same farm, different wallpaper" so I don't have any incentive to go back to them. It's not like we can grow crops from them on other farms, put a lot of the decorations, animals, or trees on other farms even though they may be yet another Halloween/Christmas/Fairy farm because they insist on locking stuff to each farm. It's not as stupid as the original pause "feature" brain malfunction but it's pretty darn close. They have a lot to address, and it seems like they are back to making it feel like they are punishing us for playing their game instead of making it fun and interesting enough for people to actually like to play it. Are we like the band playing on the Titanic?
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited December 2015
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    ETA: If anyone can figure out how to get more than 138 plots on the initial land I'd love to hear how. I'm tempted to get rid of the garage since that alone takes up 6 plots.

Sparky I only ever keep the garage, the Mill, storage cellar and the craftshop. I sell everything else, oh and I forgot the market stalls. Every animal or decoration I unearth gets dropped straight into the cellar. I have been doing this with the newer limited plot farms. For Avalon and Wilderness I put animal pens after expansions were opened up but I haven't for Savannah as once the new farms come out the old one gets left. I used to plant the Leaderboard Crops on all the farms just so that they were being used but I have abandoned that a long time ago. I did do EA and bought the adjacent expansion on both the land and water and can only squeeze 220 land and 116 water and there is 1 plot on the expansion that for some unknown reason you cannot use. I cannot see or find anything that blocks the plot being there but it certainly breaks the symmetry.

And something that annoys me greatly all the other farms are listed in a Title case but SAVANNAH has to be all upper case.- why, of why can't we at least have some consistency.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited December 2015
    I think I need some serious rearranging as I only have 126 plots. All I have are the market stalls, the garage, storage cellar, and the Mill. I don't even place a craftshop until I get more land. I figure I have plenty of them on other farms so I don't need one on the new farm. I do have quite a few of the crops mastered though, so I may just leave the plots as they are and get the rest of the masteries once a couple new expansions open up. I do seriously hate those water crops though as it is going to take forever to master them with those pitiful few plots.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited December 2015
    I managed to get 140 plots. I have the garage, storage cellar, crafting cottage, 1 orchard, and of course, the market stalls. I am kind of irked about the strip of 10 plots at the bottom (who isn't). What I did was scrunch all the buildings in the upper left corner of the farm since I had extra unusable space from the strip at the bottom of the farm. It offset 5 columns of plots a bit. But allowed me to squeeze some extra plots in. I also put some of the market stalls in the strip at the bottom of the farm since I couldn't use it for anything else. It's not perfect, and I'll rearrange it when we get the first expansion, but it will have to do.

One of my many gripes about the water crops is I never get as many bushels as the bushel reports says. I don't know if it's because I do all the water crops by hand (no tools for me to use) or the water crops are just off in the report.

If I stopped doing the new farms, I would get bored very quickly. (I got bored in the time between when I finished my additional PV tasks and when AJ was released.) I'd have to create some tasks to do so I wouldn't quit (probably leveling up things in the winery/bakery/spa)
    edited December 2015
    I haven't worried too much about the 125 vs 138. I finished the quest twice for the week and have all of phantom done, so now I can delete plots on phantom after I finish the leaderboard tomorrow and finish decorating. On this farm, I can perhaps do some super ferts on some of the longer crops and have everything nudged up to 2 stars by Monday... I don't need shared storage, so no need to push the crops...
    edited December 2015
    NiniD wrote: »
    I'm not fond of the chopped up farms and varied plots (and necessity to buy cash vehicles to plant them). It's been a bit boring ignoring all the new farms and never getting anything new on the old ones or sale options to expand them. Just because I don't have to play the new farms doesn't mean I'm going to spend my money on anything for the old farms I haven't had incentive to expand and have maxed out. Where's the smart business in flippantly making it known to players that they can play old farms but Z is going to continue to ignore them?

I don't come in here often to say anything as it does no one any good to complain and there's been nothing to get excited about recently, but this game isn't black and white and it doesn't evolve forward (meaning that the 1st farm is as useful and important and the last one) so why does Z keep trying to treat it as though it is a forward moving game that we should keep following? If I don't have to play the new farm, give me some incentive to keep playing the old ones.

I like that term "Chopped up Farms" which, in reality, is EXACTLY what they are!

I look at the "time limits" imposed on some of these "satellite" farm areas and the time limits often exceed the amount of time that will pass before the NEXT "chopped up Farm" arrives!

What is it, 8 weeks between new farms now? That's only 56 days yet, one of the satellite plots on the current Aspen Jingle (which has been out for 11 days, has a 53 Days left timer on it.

I guess Zynga's "new" approach is that a certain "portion" of the new farms is under time/level requirements while a majority of the satellite plots are simply going to cost the user Farm Cash.

80% Off sales will minimize some of the impact but my experience with Avalon was that, the larger I made the farm, the more "punked up" response times got. I avoid Avalon now since visiting that farm assures that I'll have to do a reboot to recover memory and response times.
    Holiday Lights is another one that "Hoover's" up memory!

And then, there's the decorating aspect. I'd be curious to see how these "Chopped up Farms" affect the ability of some to decorate them?