Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop saving your Mastery Signs

farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
edited November 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
Back when there weren't a ton of things to master, we had plenty of room to display our signs along one edge of one farm to showcase our accomplishments.
Now that there are so many masteries, and many other animals, trees, recipes, crops, etc. being released it seems several times a day, I feel like even if I completely emptied my home farm, fully expanded it as far as it would go with FC, then packed it to the gills with signs, I'd still run out of room.
I hope I can get rid of them as quickly as possible. I should go in and see if there's a way to sell them quickly from in the billboards ... I have quite a few in there, as well as possibly some in my gift box that I haven't placed. I may also have a few in storage here and there. I haven't logged on much except maybe for a total of 5 minutes over the past month....

Comments

• farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    There is no quick way to sell them other than one at a time from storage cellars. Selling the billboards is dangerous. The signs go to the giftbox and overload it past its limits. Any currently in giftboxes are the easiest to sell. The billboards give us no option other than to remove signs.
  • elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited August 2015
    i have always sold my mastery as soon as i earned them and my farm is still slow , and that little duck in the top left of the page is always vanishing and a circle in its place spinning round and slowing down the game, oh the joys of playing farmville
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2015
    I do not think we will notice much difference by removing our personal supply of signs. They probably need to be removed from the game by Zynga to produce a noticeable difference. The game is still programmed to recognize the fact they exist and that is a lot of memory demand.

I wish I had continued selling them like you did. I filled billboards once billboards became a feature. Never should have bothered.

Most people are better off just waiting for the game to remove the signs for you, but I am too much of a control freak about my game and prefer to do it myself. I just wish they would re-design billboards to sell the billboard and all contents without sending signs to the gift box which has a 500 item limit.
  • croatoancroatoan Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 66
    edited August 2015
    The problem is they made mastery too easy.
    So easy that anyone could do it.
    So easy that you could master a single animal so fast that you could master it to complete a quest.
    This gave us too many master signs and made them meaningless.
  • Enrico SuarezEnrico Suarez Forum Traveller Registered User Posts: 30 Building Expert
    edited August 2015
    hated the signs ive been selling them all along
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited August 2015
    I should go in and see if there's a way to sell them quickly from in the billboards ...
    I went through this about a year or so back and could not find ANY easy way of selling the signs from the BillBoards.

Each had to be removed individually.

It was a major pain in the ****!

Knowing full well that you have an absolutely TON of coins, I'd just recycle the billboards and be done with it. Otherwise, you'll spend countless hours just to recoup a few coins.

For example, if a Billboard has 5,000 mastery signs, it will take you days to dump and sell them all just to recover 2,500,000 coins.
    Your stable harvests are probably into the BILLIONS of coins friend.

Of course, this reminds me that I have to got recycle any Billboards I have laying around.

Done! Sold 4 billboards for 400 coins total BUT..................the game put all the signs in my Gift Box and then crashed with a WHOA FARMER! Probably because it stuffed 1300+ Mastery Signs into a gift box designed for 500 items. No biggie, SEARCH/MASTERY/SELECT ALL/SELL

Of course, there ARE some mastery signs on Winter Wonderland which cannot be sold. Zynga can handle those.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited August 2015
    It was a major pain in the ****!

What isn't with this game? LOL. If it's not more trouble than it's worth it isn't Farmville.

I didn't realize how bad this was since I only kept my signs until (unintentionally) a couple days before they came out with the billboards. I had run out of room and we weren't told about this coming out. Maybe they will do something so you guys may want to hold off on doing this until Dirt Farmer tells us what is going to happen. They may have a way of giving you coins for all of your signs. It probably won't work, but it would beat deleting a full billboard's worth of them.
    edited August 2015
    I ran into trouble emptying my crop mastery billboard. All the "club" crops that had nonsense names (like sparkleberry instead of strawberry) were glitched. As soon as I tried to remove them from the billboard, I got Whoa Farmer. Tried to send them straight to storage, Whoa Farmer. The only way I solved this was to empty the billboard enough to sell it with all contents and let the 400 or so signs go to my giftbox. I was able to sell glitched signs from there.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited August 2015
    I had deleted the tree and animal mastery signs about a month or 2 ago. I realized the signs were just going to keep accumulating and enough was enough.

I finished the crops ones on Sunday. Today I finished the ones in storage on various farms. I have 1 remaining in storage that won't let me delete it (I believe it is a craft sign). I still have to delete the craft mastery board on the home farm and then I will be finished. One thing I noticed - some of the signs instead of being called mastery signs are either missing names or have the name of the item. It made deleting them from storage loads of fun (insert eye roll).

My basic strategy on the billboards was to first unload my gift box as much as possible, then take signs out of the boards and put them in storage (where I could sell them, since I couldn't from the farm). Once I got the billboard low enough, I sold it and deleted the rest from my gift box.

And yes, I observed the same thing with the original club crops that Farmerdoofus did. (Thanks for the heads up!)

The only sign I did not delete was my calico cat sign. (I still miss Cuddles) I want to keep it as long as possible,
    edited August 2015
    I have 1 favorite sign I would like to keep, too....my dog's breed.

There a so many signs with flawed coding, I have to wonder how smoothly, or not , Zynga will be able to remove them.
  • gailatfvgailatfv Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 1,852 The Chosen One
    edited August 2015
    I'm betting on the "or not" part of that. Hopefully I'm wrong but they don't have a very good track record. :(
    edited August 2015
    I have 1 favorite sign I would like to keep, too....my dog's breed.

There a so many signs with flawed coding, I have to wonder how smoothly, or not , Zynga will be able to remove them.
    gailatfv wrote: »
    I'm betting on the "or not" part of that. Hopefully I'm wrong but they don't have a very good track record. :(

IMO, this will be a MAJOR move which ultimately will get screwed up. As such, I just deleted them all.
    What surprised me was in having the Signs put in my gift box when I recycled the Billboard. Not all of them went in though so I'm kinda wondering what happened to them and will this be a problem for my account when Zynga makes its move?

Kinda like that Double Babies Statue I regretted buying because it honked up all my Bloom Gardens. I tried to delete it but there wasn't any option so I contacted Zynga Support to delete it which they did do after a bunch of hemming and hawing.

The trouble is that, even though it was in fact deleted, whatever "switch" it turned on wasn't. Soooooooooo, I did not have a Double Babies Statue but I was still generating Double Babies.

I check the inventory of my Billboards which amounted to 1300+ signs yet, only about 500 or so ended up in my gift box for selling.

My cursor hovers over the VIP Subscription as I ponder what I'll do should I NOT be able to access Farmville while my VIP Subscription continues to extract $10 a month from me since the ONLY way to affect the VIP Subscription program is if FARMVILLE is loaded and running.
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited August 2015
    I don't mind the mastery signs, but what I'm upset about is I spent ages and lots of SDB's to finish building the billboards, will we get them back or some other gift to make up for it?
    edited August 2015
    I HATE that we cannot just sell our billboards with all the signs and be done with it. It is horrible that the signs go into the gift box. I have 2 billboards left, each with about 2000 signs. If I sell either one, they will not fit into a gift box that holds no more than 500 unique items. Every sign is considered a unique item. I think different players get different results when they attempt to sell billboards, based on what I read on DF pages.
    edited August 2015
    nichocb wrote: »
    I don't mind the mastery signs, but what I'm upset about is I spent ages and lots of SDB's to finish building the billboards, will we get them back or some other gift to make up for it?
    Nope. Ain't gonna happen.

Besides, SDB's are like running water anymore if you build up Fishing Holes and Floating Castles. With the number of Farms currently available, a person could EASILY generate 500+ SDB's a day. Sending them out through he "Send Gifts" tab can bring you another 100 or so provided all your neighbors are active.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited August 2015
    I have a love hate relationship with the signs.... I placed the crop mastery ones for oz,hl and avalon on the respective farms, as decoration. I think the rest are in billboards - oh Cove is out... But I think 99% of the rest of the signs are in storage or billboards.

Yes, you can be cynical about their removal code, but... if they write the right script and the signs are all labelled with a unique record id, then they can be one of 4 places... on your farm, in your storage, in your giftbox or in a billboard. They should remove the signs and leave the billboards... with some random display pattern so people can delete them manually... I like the billboards... They hide the pigpen......and the dino lab :)
    edited August 2015
    They intend to remove all signs and billboards...in about a month from now. I might just do the work and sell my 4000+ signs as time permits.
  • nicky santoronicky santoro Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,078
    edited August 2015
    How dare zynga deprive us of the opportunity to display our accomplishments, I worked hard earning those signs and showing them off to my neighbors especially the limited masteries to let people know I was lucky enough to master them. Take my signs away and I will stop playing farmville all together and never post here again. Dark days are coming for farmville and I want to leave before the flood comes, I just feel bad for all of my animals :(
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited August 2015
    Just a question (an honest one, not trying to be snarky): why are some of you doing all this work to delete your signs? Why not let Zynga do the work for you? I'm certainly not going to bother with it.
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited August 2015
    If you delete a billboard with mastery signs in it, the signs will appear in your giftbox and, since each sign is an "unique" item, it will probably put you way over the "500 unique item" limit. Do you trust Zynga enough to be aware of that and delete the mastery signs before deleting the billboard? True, they will also delete the signs out of the giftbox, but will it trigger an "over the limit" purge first? You may find stuff gone out of your giftbox due to Zynga's deletion of signs. So I think people are just being cautious. There is also the fact that you do get 500 coin per sign and they may not think Zynga will give them the coins (I know, most people don't need the coins, but still).
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited August 2015
    Oh, I see. Maybe I'll chip away at my billboards if I have some time then.
    edited August 2015
    I prefer to remove them myself on my own terms. Several signs were not coded correctly. Some are invisible. Some are duplicates. I had 19 identical signs that were supposed to represent different mastered crafts. Club crops from the failed club competition have flawed signs that cause whoa farmer if you try to take them out of a billboard. Some are named for the item they represent and are not named Mastery Sign like they should be. Some have no name at all!

I do not know if the current team is prepared to deal with all with all those exceptions. The mistakes may have occurred before they joined the fv team.

I have one billboard left with only tree mastery signs. I hope to sell them all by the end of the week. I am removing them 50 to 100 at a time, sending them straight to the storage cellar, then selling them from there. When I have less than 500 (less than the contents of my gift box), I will sell the billboard then sell the signs from my gift box.

I do not want surprises, so this is how I chose to deal with my own signs.
    edited August 2015
    My 6000+ signs are all sold. No signs or billboards remain on any of my farms. There were a lot of bad signs without names or named after whatever they pictured. Z needs to prepare for the fact it may not be so easy to find and remove the bad signs....and it will be interesting to see if other decorations do not accidentally go away, such as anything with sign in its name. I doubt any of us will notice things that might vanish. I have too many things in storage or on farms to remember it all. I hope it goes smoothly because we all need the speed increase, but I am skeptical about such a mass removal going well for everyone.
  • croatoancroatoan Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 66
    edited August 2015
    When is this Crash of the whole game supposed to happen?
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited August 2015
    Well.....tentatively the sign removal is scheduled to begin Aug 24.
    edited August 2015
    I hope they remember to put all the crafting recipes that have signs in the mastery tab. They currently are not there- like nails and haystacks and vehicle parts and bricks and specials and parts and doubloons and.....
    edited August 2015
    In reference to the trigger gift box limit... Other than eggs, has anyone seen anything actually leave the gift box due to the limit triggering? I have 504 in my box and I get the message and I still have 504 in my box ( as an example)... I never see a loss of count. One of my accounts has over 2800 unique items.... I just let it accumulate and pull out what I want when If feel like it.
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited August 2015
    I have - kind of. I lost a few trees one time and other items another. In my case I wasn't actually over the limit - mine was triggered by items added to the gift box to correct an error on Z's part. (Wrong quest rewards was one occurrence). I believe if you can remove the correction items before you travel to avoid their removal of random items.
    edited August 2015
    darqlady wrote: »
    I hope they remember to put all the crafting recipes that have signs in the mastery tab. They currently are not there- like nails and haystacks and vehicle parts and bricks and specials and parts and doubloons and.....

There's a lot of stuff that's not in the mastery tab. And I'm not sure TI understands the full scope of what's missing. It should be interesting when the mastery sign removal begins (and not interesting in a good way)
    edited August 2015
    A few people sold billboards with way more than 500 signs. They overloaded their gift box way past its limits but I think they survived any losses by immediately deleting the mastery signs before doing anything else. It's risky. How lucky do you feel to try it?

I think as soon as the game closes/reloads or you travel (like FarmerCuddles said above), the game remembers what you did and evicts items you wanted to keep. If you get a Whoa Farmer, you are doomed, even if you are careful to stay put to remove signs.

August 24 is the day and it seems to be confirmed now.