Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gypsy Trader

darqladydarqlady The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
edited August 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
I have no interest in fantasy deer so I am skipping the gypsy entirely, even with the free fuel. Instead, I took advantage of it to plant minute crops on TT to get my level up to the 78 that I will need to unlock the water plots in the distant future. I might not even be interested by that time but at least my level is up there should I chose to unlock them.

Comments

• farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2015
    Words cannot describe how much I hate this feature and I refuse to do it. Way too much planting. The feed posts are all expired because I have active/aggressive neighbors that are too fast for me. They gave us free fuel on a stinking Monday. I have the Job From Heck and came home too tired and too late to plant anything. I do not like dream deer. Pass. It is just plain impossible for me and way too much trouble.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited July 2015
    Lol. I never even paid attention to the level requirements for unlocking... I just looked and am at 84, so phew... I don't need to do that! I tend to flip around the quests a few times so I get leveled up that way....

I had over 600 instants and plenty of turbos, so I figured this was a good time to make use... Unlike many of you most my bigger farms re in the 700 or less plot size... But I had lots of new space on HH2 so I added plots and got to 1176... so that was a respectable amount to use... daughter had 1800 to use... I planned to get to 80-90% of the gem requirements... almost there... I was mindlessly planting, instanting, replanting for a while there because yes- today was a busy work day too!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2015
    Words cannot describe how much I hate this feature ....

Perhaps we could put our heads together and come up with some words LOL
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Perhaps we could put our heads together and come up with some words LOL

Need help? ;)
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited July 2015
    Ridiculous is a good word. :rolleyes:
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2015
    Sparky0 wrote: »
    Need help? ;)

No LOL But you are welcome to join in.

Seriously was this designed to drive away new players? You need 73,450 plots to earn enough stones. SEVENTY-THREE THOUSAND. I have been playing since the beginning and I spend FC so I have lots of big farms, turbos, SF, fuel, etc and I found that number daunting.

Numbers like that just beg players to circumvent normal game play, which is exactly what happened. I'm almost finished harvesting, but for no good reason. You can get the fawns off the feed and grow them with fawn feed. You can get the foal off the feed and grow it in the nursery.

Zynga wonders why new players quit - this is why. It is a boring, tedious, pointless feature.
  • tinkcooktinkcook Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 74
    edited July 2015
    What is the purpose of requesting Sapphire *****s if, when they are received from the Gift Box when launching the game, they never register as having been received? I have been planting lots to get the Sapphire *****s and had 128. Requests were in my Inbox that should have taken the total to 133 but it remains at 128. Doesn't seem to have increased from earlier receipts either, I just didn't realize until I saw that others are having the same problem.

ETA: So what's with the asterisks for *****s. ***** is what Farmville has named them so why is it suddenly taboo?
  • FarmerCuddlesFarmerCuddles Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 820 Forum Meister
    edited July 2015
    Farmville forgot to check the slang dictionary?? The c word is considered a derogatory word in some settings. I believe that's why it's being starred out.

That's the point - you have to plant lots of crops to get the gems. Each gem has a different yield rate. For the Sapphires, it is 20 plots per gem. So if you harvest 2400 plots (of the correct crop), you get 120 gems. (You need close to 10 times that amount, maybe a little less. I don't have the numbers handy, but it's over 20,000 of each of the crops to get the gems to finish the feature.)
  • kathyh3kathyh3 Investigator Registered User Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    I am stressed over this. It has clogged up my 700 bushel spaces and I'm not expanding any more. The game is lagging so badly and there's so much pop-up **** that it takes me over 2 hours to plant on 8 farms. I got ONE deer so far, and it will probably be my last. I love the deer, but if something isn't fun it's not worth it. I did rescue Sea-Boo and that at least used up the crops I had to plant. What the heck do we do with all of these bushels? I bushel swap a lot and it still keeps maxing out. I need room for TTides crops for mastery and Tinker's Cabin. And looking at the numbers posted here REALLY made up my mind to quit the madness. :(
    edited July 2015
    Kathyh3 - dump the bushels they are of no use for anything except to bushel swap for others
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2015
    They need to hurry up and rename the sapphire collectible parts for something not so insulting. They need a dictionary and an urban dictionary over at Zynga.
    edited July 2015
    LOL I know, I was trying to explain it to someone on the forum and the forum changed it to *****
    edited July 2015
    It's ironic, really. They freak out about having the word "wine" in their game, and they let something like that slip through instead (which to me is worse).
  • tinkcooktinkcook Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 74
    edited July 2015
    Farmville forgot to check the slang dictionary?? The c word is considered a derogatory word in some settings. I believe that's why it's being starred out.

That's the point - you have to plant lots of crops to get the gems. Each gem has a different yield rate. For the Sapphires, it is 20 plots per gem. So if you harvest 2400 plots (of the correct crop), you get 120 gems. (You need close to 10 times that amount, maybe a little less. I don't have the numbers handy, but it's over 20,000 of each of the crops to get the gems to finish the feature.)

It seems that someone finally figured out that they were using the wrong word and it has been changed to 'Chunk' instead of c h i n k. Although, c h i n k is a valid word for something vulnerable such as a c h i n k in armor or a c h i n k in a chain. I guess that any word could be made derogatory if people look hard enough. Either way, they used it totally wrong and now maybe the Sapphire Chunks that are requested will actually get to where they belong, in our inventory.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited July 2015
    tinkcook wrote: »
    It seems that someone finally figured out that they were using the wrong word and it has been changed to 'Chunk' instead of c h i n k. Although, c h i n k is a valid word for something vulnerable such as a c h i n k in armor or a c h i n k in a chain. I guess that any word could be made derogatory if people look hard enough. Either way, they used it totally wrong and now maybe the Sapphire Chunks that are requested will actually get to where they belong, in our inventory.

Given the impressive number of times that they couldn't be bothered to check the spelling on even simple words we could always give them the benefit of the doubt that it's just another one of their typos. When in doubt, blame shoddy workmanship and lack of caring about detail.
    edited July 2015
    You can thank Dirt Farmer for bringing the typo to their attention. Most typos are just typos and probably not worth fixing, but this was offensive (although I can't imagine anyone thought it was intended to be) and the Trader is going to be around for a while so it was worth the effort.
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited July 2015
    darqlady wrote: »
    So how many people took advantage of free fuel, turbos and a surplus of instants to get either all your deer or a fairly good portion of gems in your inventory? My daughter had 1800 plots on one farm and has all the deer she was interested after successive planting... so will drift along to get another in the coming weeks. I am greedy and want them all, so either have to do some more planting tonight or let it play out with feed requests and the harvesting of what I leave planted on all my open farms...

Of course- you have to like the deer to bother and I love the fawns.....

Yes, I did the same! I got the first 8 right away; figure I can get the last one (and a couple extras of my favorites) through requests. I like deer.
  • maryk2222maryk2222 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 8 Loose Cannon
    edited August 2015
    This is just a ridiculous thing. The amount of crops needed and then they quit adding up on my farms. I harvested 3 700+ farms and got no increase at all in Gypsy Gold. I quit! This is a game, not a **** full-time job.