Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Community Goals

ManxmanManxman GoldsmithRegistered User Posts: 459
edited April 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
Well this weeks community challenge is nice and easy . . . . just spend 45FC ! LOL:D

I did buy early access but that is not enough. Everyone has to buy and clear it in 7 days and the rewards are not so impressive.

Comments

• nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited January 2015
    Mine appeared and has now gone. I too was disappointed about the amount of time. Maybe they have changed it to 2 weeks when it said 'Farmville has enhanced' earlier.

Just logged in now and the goals still aren't back...
  • ManxmanManxman Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 459
    edited January 2015
    The original task was for just 7 days.
    Just logged on myself, and as Nichocb states, the community icon has gone.
    My understanding of the word "Community" means everyone - not just some - a lot of players just can not afford to spend real money just to to progress in it.
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited January 2015
    Manxman wrote: »
    Well this weeks community challenge is nice and easy . . . . just spend 45FC !
    My understanding of the word "Community" means everyone - not just some - a lot of players just can not afford to spend real money just to to progress in it..

I was thinking the same thing~~~~Waiting for next weeks challenge~~~
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited January 2015
    The community goal still hasn't returned to my farm. Is it only visible to those on the Avalon farm? Can someone confirm this?
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited January 2015
    nichocb wrote: »
    The community goal still hasn't returned to my farm. Is it only visible to those on the Avalon farm? Can someone confirm this?

Yes, the community goals icon is only visible if you are on the Avalon farm. I think they are just doing it this way for the early access week. :)
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited January 2015
    This weeks community goals is the worse they changed it today to collecting medallions then they changed it back however the progress is not showing correctly. They are not counting the small treasures have four treasures left to clear but the community goals say I only cleared one. Disappointment is an understatement but it's farmville
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited February 2015
    One of the prizes for this weeks' community goals says 2x mastery for Toy Town..... is that right or is it a mistake?.
    By now many must have already mastered Toy town crops as the Avalon was released a bit later than the usual time and a 30 days Toy Town quest will be completing soon. :confused:
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited February 2015
    rnbw flwr wrote: »
    One of the prizes for this weeks' community goals says 2x mastery for Toy Town..... is that right or is it a mistake?.
    By now many must have already mastered Toy town crops as the Avalon was released a bit later than the usual time and a 30 days Toy Town quest will be completing soon. :confused:

LOL - didn't even notice that, but we had that once before on Toy Town and the double mastery was Horseman's Hollow so it may not be a mistake.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited April 2015
    Anyone noticed that this week we advanced rather quickly but........ we've been stuck at 96% for coming up to 2 days. Reeaaally???
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited April 2015
    ^^ Glad I am not the only one who kinda notices the apparent scam. This whole thing is so rigged -- just like the last few etching glasses for my House of Royals that continue to elude me for the past few days!
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited April 2015
    I don't know if I would say rigged? What would be the point? My guess is broken and it will get fixed eventually and at that point we will get free fuel for 3 days.
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited April 2015
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    I don't know if I would say rigged? What would be the point? My guess is broken and it will get fixed eventually and at that point we will get free fuel for 3 days.

Sandy I accept that it is probably broken but isn't it time that Zynga stopped chucking out farms and fix the numerous things that seem to be falling over itself. Community Goals seemed to be running ok - perhaps it hasn't when we've noticed that it wasn't advancing - might that be periods when it was broken too?

I know that FB was a but pear-shaped today but this is an in-game function so I don't think FB could be blamed for this.

Our only means of keeping track is the gauge and if that's stuck we think that others are not helping when they are all working their butts off to help each other and get the prizes. I just love honesty - a simple banner - sorry farmers we noticed that our gauge is stuck we're working on it and will honour the prizes. Too much to ask? Without this everyone jumps to conspiracy theories.

Oh and Happy Easter Everyone
    edited April 2015
    ...a simple banner - sorry farmers we noticed that our gauge is stuck we're working on it and will honour the prizes. Too much to ask? Without this everyone jumps to conspiracy theories...

Completely agree, but that means someone at Zynga needs to pay attention to features after they are released to see if they actually work. The number of features that are released and don't work just grows and grows.
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited April 2015
    It's completely broken now :(
    It's back to zero, says I have zero contributions, even right after I harvested all the animals.
    Really, how hard is it to go in manually, fill it to 100%, and turn on the free fuel?
    edited April 2015
    I ran the animals through my stable to master them and although my totais now 600 it's saying 0%. This week's goals do not interest me as I've mastered all the crops so apart from my normal harvesting that will be it.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 2015
    1. Gauge for last week broke at 96%, but we have free fuel for 3 days as promised. So stop complaining. I noticed the fuel in the morning
    2. Community goals restart at midnight EST. Thus all meters reset to 0. Why are you reporting a bug?
    3. This week's goals will be met by probably just harvesting your avalon pens since so many have their animals made already. I also agree I don't need the goals, but double mastery for the non beat the farm crops would be nice.
    edited April 2015
    darqlady wrote: »
    1. Gauge for last week broke at 96%, but we have free fuel for 3 days as promised. So stop complaining. I noticed the fuel in the morning
    2. Community goals restart at midnight EST. Thus all meters reset to 0. Why are you reporting a bug?
    3. This week's goals will be met by probably just harvesting your avalon pens since so many have their animals made already. I also agree I don't need the goals, but double mastery for the non beat the farm crops would be nice.

Darqlady thank you for your post but I'm not sure if you are replying to mine. But here goes to your comments (using your numbers):
    1. No one realised that the gauge was broke until Day 3 as if you remember sometimes it hangs on a percentage for a couple of days in the past and we are not complaining just stating a fact.
    2. Yes Community Goals do start at midnight that is 5 am UK time and about a few hours after that I ran the animals through the stable to master them - so my total was quite high - and I knew that others would have done so. Did we know at that time it was a bug - I don't think so.
    3. Yes I appreciate that we may, operative word may, just meet the ultimate goal but my comment was that I would continue to harvest the animals but I have no interest in this week's community goal. Note the word "I" as I have mastered all the crops (including non beat). I'm quite sure that a number of us already have so waiting until say Saturday or Sunday for a double mastery will not help a number of us but we do appreciate that it would help a lot of our fellow farmers and will still continue to help with the totals.

Incidentally my animals are not on Avalon - if animals for any of these newer farms are unlocked I tend to put them on one of my favourite farms that I visit everyday as I do not usually visit these beaten farms except to plant and harvest unlocked Leaderboard crops.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited April 2015
    Well- you don't always have to plant Avalon crops in avalon... and we get new crops every week, so I will use the 2x mastery ( assuming we get), to do some of those crops and the new unlocked avalon ones I haven't gotten too. I started decorating so my Kingdom plot count is low.

I was sort of responding to musicalchef in #2 since the complaint referred to free fuel and 0%
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited April 2015
    My comment was made before the free fuel kicked in. So what was I supposed to think?
    edited April 2015
    musicalchef - it's sorted now as the free fuel came up when I went in tonight.