Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flash freezing

cysworldcysworld Unstained ChieftainRegistered User Posts: 186 Fisher
edited March 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
I'll second that motion!

Comments

• PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited March 2015
    I have noticed something similar when watching the free Farmcash videos. Google Chrome is crashing much more regularly during these low-stress situations (especially on one particular MS One-Note ad), which is somewhat strange. Firefox is playing the same ads flawlessly.

My recommendation is to disable the internal flash of Chrome. You can type chrome://plugins >> click on +Details and find the flash player section. Screenshot attached...
    357gena.png
  • elaine jebsonelaine jebson Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited March 2015
    i agree it takes forever these days the worst is the craft shop
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited March 2015
    The game has now gone from bad to worse. Crafting results in the game freezing, receiving gifts is messed up, loading from one farm to another takes forever and the gift box does not load after the farm is switched. Please, please address all these problems before releasing the new farms and new features.
  • cysworldcysworld Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 186 Fisher
    edited March 2015
    I have noticed something similar when watching the free Farmcash videos. Google Chrome is crashing much more regularly during these low-stress situations (especially on one particular MS One-Note ad), which is somewhat strange. Firefox is playing the same ads flawlessly.

My recommendation is to disable the internal flash of Chrome. You can type chrome://plugins >> click on +Details and find the flash player section. Screenshot attached...
    357gena.png

Yeah, I've already done that a while ago, and it helped at first, but now it doesn't seem to matter any more. (But maybe that will help someone else.)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2015
    I have a really well equipped computer and I started getting Flash crashes with the arrival of Avalon (both parts). Some days, it happens every few minutes. Other days, not at all. It is not anything I am doing wrong. I checked everything I could to make it better and really there is nothing more to be done.

I wish I could encourage Zynga NOT to release any more 2-part farms. Avalon is the worst loading of all the farms, even worse than Holiday Lights. I have no intention to put efforts into another farm like this. Unfortunately Z will not listen. I think the farm after Avalon will be a 2-part wild west farm. I wish they would heed our warnings about how terribly these farms function for the home game player. They must be using computers that are way beyond the scope of what most of us could/would buy for ourselves.
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for the follow up posts in this thread. it's not that I want folks to agree with me (or Farmer Clyde), but the reality is Zynga continues to overload Farmville to the point where even highly efficient computers are struggling to keep up. There are some folks here who indeed have awesome gaming computers. Their machines will duly keep up with the changes and they will be happy with their farms! But for the rest of us 80-percenters, things are going downhill with every release.

I know my computer well -- just like an enthusiast knows their car. As soon as Avalon loads, my computer 'sounds' different and if you use a 3rd-party tool like Speccy you'll actually get to see the core temps rise uncharacteristically along with increased motherboard power usage. As of now, I am getting by. But if they up the ante any further, I will have to reconsider my computing setup or quit the game.

Lastly, it's a given that most folks aren't able to multi-task while running Farmville alongside. Have another flash application (Youtube, etc.) open and you are bound to run into lag, choppy graphics, or CPU hiccups. I recently downloaded a non-standard, albeit proprietary driver set for my graphics card, and now I get fewer crashes when running FV with other programs. But the computer keeps hesitating as it tries to mitigate the intertwined system calls for precious hardware resources.
    edited March 2015
    i have looked on the chrome plug in thing and i do not have the one you have highlighted so i will just have to go on freezing its so annoying and playing now takes ages i am seriously thinking of giving up
    edited March 2015
    Elaine: Are you sure? You have to click on +Details (upper right) and scroll down to find the Adobe Flash Player section. Anyhow, please don't give up this easily. Have you tried another browser... Firefox or even CoolNovo? It might be worth the effort to switch/download another browser and start over.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited March 2015
    As a matter of habit, I close ALL non-essential programs on my Lap Top before starting up Farmville. Everything so that I can free up as much storage as possible.

Outlook, Word, Adobe Flash Update Installer, Java Update Installer, ITunes Helper. Everything.

The reality of todays game is that it takes a LOT of Storage to run and, from what I;ve seen, the larger the Farm the more trouble it is from a response standpoint.

I have discovered(?) that its OK to not harvest everything every day. I've discovered(?) that I DO NOT have to visit every farm every day.

I do this (not visit/not harvest) just to try and keep some semblance of sanity.
    edited March 2015
    Farmer Clyde... exactly! Your post begs the very question. When I fire up MS-Excel or when I read something online or even watch a video, I don't have to "prepare" my computer as if it is giving birth or going in for a cardiac operation. Computers are all-encompassing, sequential devices, that should seamlessly support multi-tasking.

The launch of Farmville hinders all the above and forces you to play in isolation, while rendering your computer useless for any ancillary tasks. That's just not cool anymore. I have tried to run a dedicated computer just for Farmville, but it became annoying! I like to go back and forth between games and real work. I shouldn't have to switch consoles/chairs to achieve the same. Btw, I too play just a few farms at a time and don't go all out. Many times, it just drive-by farming in the truest sense.

Anyhow, I know whatever I say doesn't even register as a blip in the larger scheme of things. I am just sharing my thoughts with those willing to read. . Cheers Farmers :)
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited March 2015
    I use chrome and once in a while the flash not responding pops up..I x out of it and the farms loads ok....I rarely have crashes...(Of course now that I've posted that crashes will be all over the place) I just have a regular old windows 7 computer...Maybe I'm just lucky in that area....The problem I have is that **** Whoa farmer...That pops up a lot of times...I am so disappointed that the new farm is going to be in 2 parts..A lot of us have been waiting for a long time for a western themed farm and I have loads of stuff from years ago to put on one...Now, forget it....I was going to put one on The yellow farm but can't because they took the ground cover option away and at Christmas I had changed it to snow and there is no option to change it back....Zynga can really screw things up for some of us...BTW...From what I've read on the DF help forum the paying ones seem to be happiest with the game so in my opinion they are more than likely the ones Zynga is listening to....And yes they would know who pays and who doesn't because the players aren't shy about saying that they do...Keep in mind that's just my opinion on what I have observed in that group....
    edited March 2015
    i will have another look thanks
    edited March 2015
    i have clicked on detail i only have one flash thingy not two as above i disabled that just to see what happened and farm did not load at all, i will have to look into using another browser thanks for the help
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2015
    Just now, as I was returning gift requests on AK, Flash crashed. I had just entered the game and did nothing other than to return gifts and help requests.

And this is why I stand by my statement that the 2-part farm is not working for me. Or for others. It is not a problem with our computers. It is so easy to Z to blame us. This game is so overbloated now, it is going to dig its own grave.
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited March 2015
    I just ran across this page from "Ask the Dirt Farmer"

http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2011/09/emergency-farm-repair-kit.html

Its got some helpful tips for all browsers types and for managing the Adobe Flashplayer.
    edited March 2015
    Thank you, FC. Maybe I solved my Flash issue. I had no idea we had to manage Flash settings online when using Flash with Chrome. Found the online manager and followed DF's recommended settings.
  • SMRJSMRJ Enthusiastic Expert Registered User Posts: 409
    edited March 2015
    I totally agree. Heck I came here to wait for a farm to load up.
    Lately I can only get on one , two if Im lucky farms per computer session. Then its been more and more just once a day. The more they add the less interested I am becoming. New farms come out way before I am even close to finishing the last one. Im probbly 10 farms behind right now. Those that I have completed I never get back to because Im struggling with trying to do a quest or level up on a new one.
    I remember seeing so many really nice things in the market that I wanted to purchase but since I rarely get back to the farm I want to put them on ,,, well why bother?
    That is when I can get the market to even open. I was only able to get into the market once this week. After the wait, and the lag, then a big flash wait, by then I had forgotten what I wanted to buy.
    Seriously Zynga how are you making money when we cannot load the market? Or the farms to put stuff on?
    edited March 2015
    Changing Flash storage capacity to unlimited helped me. The strange thing is that the setting does not hold and I often have to reset it before playing.
  • Valperga13Valperga13 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 102 Cloudylicious
    edited March 2015
    I agree. Unfortunately, Zynga has ignored this request since about the 5th farm. They do not care about their players. All they care about is getting our hard-earned money.
    edited March 2015
    this is now getting b****y ridiculous even on the home and england farms , every item i make or collect in the craftshop there it is 'shockwave not responding grrrr
  • sasha60sasha60 Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 347
    edited March 2015
    Trying to play this game anymore is a totally time consuming operation. I am so sick of having to"wait" while the flash is responding --OR NOT.!!! How many farms and types do we need?? I know that it is fun to see new ones and maybe one or two that you really like but there are some that I even forgot about and go back once in a while to harvest a pen or for fuel. I wish they would stop all the "new" and just fix the OLD!!! And yes I have done all of the above suggestions and comments and it still "WAITS" :(