Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avalon Kingdom Really?

PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
edited March 2015 in FarmVille Discussion
As soon as I unlocked these three area's,

zlq3br_zps2d8povif.jpg

My 16 Plot Tractor stopped working. I should have expected it since you do get another garage with Avalon The Kingdom, but I cannot believe how irritated I am with it. Now, it looks like I've got to buy and upgrade yet ANOTHER set of Farming Implements.

Talk about sucking BLOOD out of a turnip!!

Comments

• Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited March 2015
    Ooops!

Scratch that thought.

I bought a Tractor for 5,000 coins.

It doesn't work!

I bought a Avalon Tractor for 4 FarmCash............

It doesn't work!

I bought a tractor specifically for Avalon Kingdom for 12 Farm Cash.

I DOESN'T WORK!

What the **** is going on??

I feel bad for my fellow Schmucks that get forced into using this **** come Monday Morning.
    edited March 2015
    Here's my Expensive Venture:

Avalon%20The%20Kingdom-01_zps1ohix3sw.jpg
  • Valperga13Valperga13 The Pesky Helper Registered User Posts: 102 Cloudylicious
    edited March 2015
    Ooops!

Scratch that thought.

I bought a Tractor for 5,000 coins.

It doesn't work!

I bought a Avalon Tractor for 4 FarmCash............

It doesn't work!

I bought a tractor specifically for Avalon Kingdom for 12 Farm Cash.

I DOESN'T WORK!

What the **** is going on??

I feel bad for my fellow Schmucks that get forced into using this **** come Monday Morning.

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like my Avalon Kingdom will be another animal and tree storage area.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited March 2015
    Farmer Clyde: Thanks for the heads up. I'll be waiting for the free expansions (no buyer's remorse). Until then I am hoping the plowing will be fixed. Also, I was moving a few animals between the two farms and realized midway that I am pulling a Michael Jackson (remember the infant dangle)! Only this time, the SPCA will be on my back rather than the media ;)

25rpe76.png
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited March 2015
    I bought the early access too and of course I got the lightning speed 6x6combine as promised. I did not buy any of the vehicles and this wonder combine did the job of the tractor as well even though I had not placed any tractor at that stage. So try using the 6x6 combine that came with the farm instead and I hope it works.
    edited March 2015
    rnbw flwr wrote: »
    I bought the early access too and of course I got the lightning speed 6x6combine as promised. I did not buy any of the vehicles and this wonder combine did the job of the tractor as well even though I had not placed any tractor at that stage. So try using the 6x6 combine that came with the farm instead and I hope it works.
    A combine won't work on "unplowed" earth which means I'll have to plow, individually, several hundred plots before a combine can be used.
    edited March 2015
    Solution:

Buy and upgrade a tractor.
    Put it in the "Kingdom" Garage.
    Open the Garage and "USE" the Tractor "from" the Garage.

I expect that since folks will be "required" to buy an upgrade separate farming vehicles for the "Kingdom" extension, that the game CANNOT differentiate between what tractor it should use depending upon which Farm you are trying to plow.

Somebody should have thought about this before implementing this change!

The Score
    FaceBook 1 (for the unannounced change two weeks ago)
    Zynga 1 (for this)

To Clarify, the photo below didn't work:

Avalon%20The%20Kingdom-02_zpsqwwwp9jq.jpg

But this did:

Avalon%20The%20Kingdom-03_zpsogcxhzjl.jpg
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited March 2015
    I am totally lost here. I have had no need to buy a new tractor. The one that I have stored in the garage on Wilderlands works fine in Kingdom. What am I missing? Perhaps that is because I have shared storage? I haven't noticed any particular resource issue on Avalon more than on any farm. I am loving it. I love that I am able to store all my buildings on Wild and leave Kingdom for crops, the potion shop and one stall ( which I moved over )
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited March 2015
    A combine won't work on "unplowed" earth which means I'll have to plow, individually, several hundred plots before a combine can be used.
    This combine did work that is I could plow even though I did not place a tractor and I was surprised when this happened.

I too have shared storage. The best part is that I did not have to build any animal pens at all. I am enjoying it too,
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited March 2015
    And when the avatar falls off that bridge while trying to cross..... :D
  • pam95650pam95650 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 86
    edited March 2015
    As echoed in other threads, this entire expansion is so exasperating! Over the years, I have reconciled my cost/benefit ratio and mostly have been fine with it. But this latest shenanigan where we have to build basically everything from scratch just to obtain a few hundred plots and complete the scenic view is a bit too much.

I just can't seem to contend with clearing another set of brand new obstacles, delayed expansions, another craftshop, the royal granary and of course the whole Beat Farm process. And what exactly is that emo female (Annabelle I believe) doing standing there all by herself near the potion workshop? Will we have to rescue her in the coming weeks? Also, we couldn't have a more docile and submissive-postured royal guard than the one depicted in the image below :)

As for resource hogging... don't even ask. Google Chrome just hit 1.2 GB of RAM. Holiday Lights would hover around 750 K on a bad day. Either way, I bit my tongue and forked over the 45 Farmcash. Those Early Access Crops are a real pain to loose out on.

zlq3br.png

I totally agree with you.
    I busted my rear trying to get enough medallions to open plots on the original Avalon, now the new expansion wants more medallions crafted? I say BS to this. Whenever crops are harvested in the original Avalon, medallions are earned. Now I've got over 200 and nothing to do with them. I can't get enough hammers and such to clear the original plots. I can't enough parts to upgrade the Tower.

This game has gotten WAY out of hand.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited March 2015
    I am not sure what people are complaining about. Avalon kingdom and avalon wilderlands are two different farms. As each new farm opens 8 weeks away from the other, we go through the same cycle... you have corner things to open, treasures to uncover, new sections to buy or wait for sales or community goals or with avalon, milestones to reach, ne stable type things to work on..

The difference here is that the new farm shares the same space as the old.. i.e. one navigation button to get to both. Some things are shared.. Some are not shared. The individual challenges in each farm are the same as before. One delightful difference is shared storage, once earned works for both farms.

If you are complaining that you are tired of the formula, then that is a different issue. I frankly am delighted that many things are shared, that I can go to one farm and play on two. I blocked my avatar in, so I don't have problems with her falling off the path :) She doesn't look very steady in her robe.

I think the changes made to the "new farm" added a nice element- plot upgrades are known and planned and earned. You can choose to pay like PZ or you can wait impatiently like me, but with knowledge that come next Sunday night, I can open up a new land.

There were many positives with the design change. If they can keep the resource used problem in check, then this is a new option for the new farms. Perhaps next time, we have 3 in one screen? But I for one am delighted in the compromises and changes.

Treasure parts are giftable- I hadn't noticed that before, but the new search in gifts helps see that.

I am concerned about ultimate resource use - two farms in the same area might even tax my computer, but perhaps if I decorate lightly?

So no use for medallions? Well I have no use for wind ups, keys, snowflakes, trowels, etc. Why should you get mad that this farm is no different then the rest?
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited March 2015
    Apparently, the issue with using one vehicle on both sides isn't when using it on the base area---it is trying to use it on the expansions (the ones that require king's consent and tasks--all open on wilderlands side, none open (except for FC on kingdom side). You can use the "wilderlands" tractor on the base part (the initial 9x18 area) on the kingdom side, but cannot use it on any of the kingdom expansion areas (or so I understand--I haven't opened the kingdom expansions yet to test it (next week for free :))
    edited March 2015
    pam95650 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you.
    I busted my rear trying to get enough medallions to open plots on the original Avalon, now the new expansion wants more medallions crafted? I say BS to this. Whenever crops are harvested in the original Avalon, medallions are earned. Now I've got over 200 and nothing to do with them. I can't get enough hammers and such to clear the original plots. I can't enough parts to upgrade the Tower.

This game has gotten WAY out of hand.
    Avalon Kingdom doesn't use Medallions. It uses Rose Seals which should be crafted by the Chest.

BTW, since being forced onto this farm this morning, I've had to reboot the game at least 5 times just to accomplish the simplest of tasks.

I think they should rename this section of the farm to:

"The Land of Sir Rebootsalot"

BTW, on this particular account, my Tractor worked on the expansions to the immediate right. I have not spent the 99 FarmCash for "Magical Mounds nor Shamon's Alcove since these are where the tractor failed on my other account.