Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

NO "presents" to open this year?

elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 951
edited December 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
I was wondering the same thing.

Comments

• rrstarrrstar Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 89
    edited December 2014
    So there have been several threads of this nature. What no x-mas tree? Where is the x-mas tree. Hey, why is there not a x-mas tree this year. On and on and on....

The last several new farms have had a feature allowing us to collect a lot of goodies up to and including free un-wither rings. Come on farmers! My gift box is bulging with fertilizers, turbos and insta-grows, (dear godess zynga, no complaints here!).

Just WHAT do you people want?
  • elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 951
    edited December 2014
    Really? No need to be rude. I just asked a question. If you are not complaining then why do you care what others want?!
  • TxConnieTxConnie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 170
    edited December 2014
    I am with you rrstar. Thank you. You know what has happened the last few years with the trees? People griped about the prizes. You can never make everyone happy.
    edited December 2014
    Rude, who me? You should have seen the first draft! LOL!
  • elmopaloozaelmopalooza Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 951
    edited December 2014
    Right now the only ones complaining about this is you rrstar. I didn't see anyone whining about the prizes.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2014
    Right now the only ones complaining about this is you rrstar. I didn't see anyone whining about the prizes.

You should go back and read the comments about the trees from the past three years, probably about 90% of the comments were complaints.
    edited December 2014
    Yes @sandy. I think the new team read all the feedback and decided the majority didn't want them.
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited December 2014
    I think if they gave a small number of NEW prizes, then we would be happy - and the same prizes for all... But seriously... we have the countdown and the latest stand and the quests and daily delight and now bee farm and the nutcracker eggs and mystrees and the stable/toy shop and the quarterly crafting specials and.... I think I get an average of 10 new items in my gift box each DAY that I didn't pay coin or cash for. I agree with rrstar. HOWEVER... I would like a tree... a nice shiny large tree with toy decorations for my toy town farm... Something I could place in the left corner so it wouldn't overshadow the plots, but say Christmas is in the Toy Room....

Idea for the designers... Give us a special crafting cottage tree- one that is not tiny- but not overly huge for EACH farm except I guess home...and perhaps WW since we have one for that/those... Those who want can craft them... those that don't can ignore...
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited December 2014
    Whatever the prizes, I would still like an Xmas tree and gifts. And nothing can ever be like FV's very first Christmas tree and gift... that was my favorite memory of this game.
  • mac192649mac192649 Aged To Perfection Registered User Posts: 634 Mazter Guardian
    edited December 2014
    Zynga is a scrooge this year. No Christmas tree. No more free farmcash while watching the ads. Changed the Mystery game that if your gift box is too full it just hangs and you won't get the prize (in the past I had never had this problem). Nothing to open on Christmas morning. Bah Humbug to you Zynga! :(
  • mistystarzmistystarz Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 171
    edited December 2014
    I always enjoyed the X-mas tree ,It really gave me something to look forward to on X-mas day :) While my kids were occupied with there new things Mom got to open a few too :)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2014
    All I want is for the FV cash ads to return. The tree was nice but many gifts were old items, duplicates, or overloaded gift boxes to the point wanted items were evicted, causing much distress rather than happiness.
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited December 2014
    Since the giftbox has changed since last Christmas that shouldn't be an issue now though surely for all bar the most inattentive. Frankly if someone hasn't noticed they are within 50 of the limit of different items before opening say 50 gifts then they deserve to lose things rather than everyone else lose out to keep them and their overbloated giftboxes happy ;-)

Would also add that I would hope no one at Zynga relies exclusively on the comments on this forum to determine anything as if that were the case very little would ever get done and there would be no new features as no matter what happens someone always seems to complain. Don't get me wrong, Zynga have brought a chunk of it on themselves with poor coding, poor service, repetitive ideas etc but a lot of complaints that seem very specific to just handfuls of players at any given time are clearly issues outside Zynga;s ability to fix, yet the complaints still come in.

Yes there were complaints with previous trees and their gifts but the vast majority may well have had no issue at all with them (I know I never had an issue) and a handful of vocal players doesn't equate to anything like a majority when even now the figures have in excess of 5 million playing regularly.

Regarding fv cash adverts, they haven't gone away. They are sporadic in nature compared to the past (for those in the US - the rest of us have always only had them sporadically) but they are still happening. The problem for those who have gone say weeks without any is localised to their browser, computer etc as there are a number of flash issues that can make a browser suddenly not show adverts that appeared fine minutes earlier.

Many potential solutions to this from changing browsers, updating flash, reducing number of flash versions running, removing adblockers be they apps or inbuilt in latest browsers, to name but a few but sadly for many the solutions are either too much hassle or aren't the right solutions for their particular pc/laptop set up. :-(
    edited December 2014
    I get at least 5 ads a day, btw. I used PZ link (too lazy to go look up). And yes! MIB4 you nailed the issues, but I still think the new team (who has done many great things.) has not only looked her but on the DF sites and have so many gripes about prizes that they just chose to not do it this year. And, honestly, that may not be a bad thing.. They are fixing issues.
    edited December 2014
    Not criticising the new team and it is clear they have gone a different way this year.

I don't really buy the idea that it is an either/or with regard to fixing issues or bring back/doing x as any half decent coder should be more than capable of fixing issues whilst also adding stuff to any game. The fact that the christmas tree gifts bit has barely changed over the years actually makes it easier to have back rather than harder and for the majority of people it worked perfectly (most complaints were about the actual gifts themselves).

The DF sites (including their facebook page) is no diffeent from here, namely complaints a far more likely. That is just human nature though as in any business these days you are far more likely to get one person in a thousand who has an issue complain than you are to get thanks or a compliment from the other 999 out of the thousand who had no issue at all.

Relying on any site where input is clearly going to side on the negative, to determine what is going to be added/return etc is a recipe for disaster.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2014
    The bottom line here is that no matter what they do somebody will **** and moan and complain. Oh, and they get offended to.

I guess the closest we'll get to CHRISTmas is the 'Holy Pumpkin' crop. I wonder how many people were offended by that?
    edited December 2014
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited December 2014
    I have never complained about the gifts we got...What I didn't like I sold...There are newbies to the game that don't have nor can they get any of the older prizes...The fact of the matter is the tree was like a FV tradition until last year when they bought out the Hungry Santa and there were just as many complaints about the prizes that one gave out...I'll post the same thing those of us are told in no uncertain terms if we are upset about something Zynga has thrown at us..... if you don't like it then DON"T PLAY it....
    edited December 2014
    The difference on this occasion though is that the complaint isn't that something has been added people don't like (as the advice if you don't like it then don't play it applies to that situation) but that something has failed to re-appear that people have got used to as a tradition (namely opening gifts on Christmas Day). Can't not play something that isn't there and that people actually want.

If it is being used in the wider discussion of the game as a whole then we may as well close the forum now as if the retort to anything not being added is going to be if you don't like it don't play farmville (combined with already being used for complaining about things that ARE added) then that will apply on all occasions and we can all go home now ;-)
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited December 2014
    It appears that a different type of Christmas- themed event may be planned called Lost Reindeer. Full details not yet known but it sounds like a type of quest where you advance Rudolph on a map to find his way to your farm. I saw this on DF.
    edited December 2014
    I saw that farmerdoofus....Reminds me of the quest we had with the English farm which was fun...

I said it was a tradition on FV to have a tree until last year MIB4....I was talking about the tree had it been added...don't want or like the tree then don't play it...
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited December 2014
    MIB4 wrote: »
    Not criticising the new team and it is clear they have gone a different way this year.

Different is good! Many players were complaining that the game was becoming too repetitive. I think they are responding to this feedback.

I'm sure some players will miss having a Christmas Tree, but hopefully they find enjoyment in the other events designed for this season. :)
    edited December 2014
    Mimi - Your comment has no bearing on either this thread or even my comments though as it relates specifically to past years by your own admission. We are discussing it's non-appearance in any form and you are talking about if I don't like it then don't play it. Now, firstly I haven't said I don't like it (I am ambivalent to it) but more importantly the don't like it don't play it bit has absolutely zero relevance when it isn't available for anyone to make that conscious decision. :-)

Smokey - Different can be good or bad, no sure fire guarantees either way. So far the other events have either left a large chunk of players cold or have been just as repetitive as the tree.

Hard to comment on the lost reindeer yet as too little info but if it does have a quest aspect that will alienate a batch of players...and if it has crafting no doubt another batch of players will be unhappy.

Don't get me wrong, I personally am not fussed one way or the other regarding the former tree etc as without it I won't have to spend even a couple of minutes on my farm next Thursday so Zynga lose traffic, I lose nothing and gain some time so all is good ;-)

The problem I have is if Zynga is relying too much on any forum site for their feedback then whilst some issues will no doubt get fixed quickly (hopefully) the game will probably deteriorate in many respects as the loudest voices are rarely the happy players but normally the unhappy ones and so many gripes when looked at closely are normally localised and beyond Zynga's ability to "fix".
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited December 2014
    I still remember the first tree! The good old times! :) I think that's why farmers miss the tree... I think perhaps it's not so much about the tree, but about the fun we had with the game at that time. Life was much simpler then....

And then the same format was repeated for Easter, then for something else... Just like everything else, if you like something, Z will multiple them for you until you are no longer interested LOL!

But I do agree that the tree has become a tradition somewhat.... Personally either way is fine with me. I will take the tree, or something new.
  • ElliesfarmElliesfarm Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 950 Guru of Mayhem
    edited December 2014
    The first tree was fantastic. I had a lot of fun opening the presents on Christmas Day and I miss not having a tree this year.
  • Cochise1520Cochise1520 Assassin Registered User Posts: 946 On Fire
    edited December 2014
    I want my tree !!!!! I have been collecting them for years ~~~~~WHERE IS MY TREE!!!!!!!

Same people always get their way, Because they don't like a feature doesn't mean everyone don,t. Grinches stole my tree at Christmas!!!!!
    edited December 2014
    All right, all right.... I give up!

Dearest godess zynga,
    Perhaps those who believe they are owed certain rights and benefits without further justification are correct. May this humble farmer, suggest, a nostalgic re-issue of the first "x-mas" tree. Lots of joy and good cheer for all to celebrate!

(Oh, ya. How about an early 40% off farm cash sale, so I can still afford to buy my kid a gi joe with that kung-foo grip!) :cool:
    edited December 2014
    I don't believe I am owned certain rights...I'm already out where the reindeer hunt is concerned...There is no way I can get that done specially since double's are involved...It is what it is....No tree and *shrugs* that's that...I've been slowly losing interest in Farmville anyway...To those who wanted the tree this year, I'm sorry they aren't giving them. to those that don't care or didn't want them..I wish you the best of luck in finishing the quest...:)
    edited December 2014
    Sorry MIB4.... as i was trying to follow this thread, you stated "Don't get me wrong, I personally am not fussed one way or the other regarding the former tree etc as without it I won't have to spend even a couple of minutes on my farm next Thursday so Zynga lose traffic, I lose nothing and gain some time so all is good ;-)" I have to admit that this will take this farmer some time to ponder...
    edited December 2014
    .... ahh... deldeleted... was actually typed deleted!