Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall Sale Event Starts Sept 26...

PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
edited September 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
Last I checked, I had 1728 FC. I missed my target time to harvest my calves last evening (they would have come ready around 7:30pm PDT), but now at 2am I'm waiting for a more reasonable time, like around 10am to 2pm or so, to harvest them. (Also I would have been scrambling for time Wednesday if I'd harvested them "on time" Tuesday, as the first ones would've theoretically come due at 6:30pm, and I would need to leave for church Bible study before 7.)

I hope that 1728 FC is enough to at least get me a couple things. I especially hope I can get 90% off on some things I missed or nearly missed, like EC expansions (I'm only to 52x52), Enchanted Glen (I've left my crops withered there) and Mediterranean Riviera (I missed those two cause I couldn't log on), etc. I'd like to get the 8x8 for a few of my big farms, especially home. I'm also eyeing a few mastery and crafting statues, etc, maybe. I currently have coin, bushel and XP statues. I might also consider double Jade if I have the FC to spare, but I think I'd forego the double-farm-specific XP statues. I'd like to expand Home, England, Winter, Jade, etc. to the max (I've already expanded Lighthouse and Hawaii) as well. :) Also getting turbo rings, stocking up on super fertilizers, clearing obstacles on newer farms, completing the 10-stage buildables, the animal crafting buildings, etc, would be nice to be able to do .... or is there a point where it might be cheaper to just buy the shipping licenses? (hopefully THOSE are on sale.)

Comments

• MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited September 2014
    Sadly never seen a shipping license on sale, they just cost the standard 150fc at all times :-(

Glad they are having another sale but must admit to not being sure what I want to actually get. Having (as it now turns out) wasted FC on four 8x8's (as with turbos so prevalent now they simply won't get used) I am cautious about certain things.

Unwither rings are good but for me anything less than 90% off and I will pass as I have enough unwithers (and my crops rarely wither anyway, I am way too obsessive lol). At 90% I would probably get EC and Hawaii unwither rings as a priority (have 8 at present and those two farms they would be the most use at).

Having fully expanded Home, EC and Hawaii in sales the land expansions won't appeal much unless they too are at 90% off in which case maybe Jade (as it is a design farm for myself rather than practical use and also easy to clear obstacles) , not so sure on any others.

Am guessing at some point the 40% off of current items will happen, which would be good as for a rare change I actually have a few decorations I may well get for the hallowe'en theme (all for the old haunted hollow as despite completing all the needed beat the farm challenges - barring any late additions - I don't have any use for the latest farm.

I would never use FC for the likes of super fertilizer, turbos etc no matter what their sales price may be as the former I still have nearly a 1,000 of and the latter is easy to get via the puppy love quest and farmer's ..

I clearly need to have a good think and decide in advance what I would and wouldn't like as knowing me I will just end up grabbing things in the same and then regretting them later.

Of course if I plan what I want no doubt the stuff I want will be on sale during periods when I am nowhere near a computer...
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    Ah yes, another lame attempt to get us to "join" a virtual event just so they can get access to and manage our events....that kills me.

We all know that we don't have to join anything to get the deals so why do they bother?

I will be "virtually declining" their "virtual event".
  • brneeyore2002brneeyore2002 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    This is sadly another event I'll be missing. I have plans that day and won't be able to get internet access. I'm quite disappointed as there are a few things I would love to purchase during the sales. I'd love to fully expand Oasis, and Riviera, as well, as maybe pick up a double seedling statue. Oh well, maybe I can catch another "event".
  • Vickie WearsVickie Wears Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 9 Loose Cannon
    edited September 2014
    and here we are, nearly 4 hours past the start time for the big sale. and still, nothing. the only thing found in the market is a 3 day sale on home expansions. i am starting to think that this is just a part of some weird social experiment to see how many things, have to mess up, break, or otherwise tick us off to push players to the breaking point. you would think that by now either zynga or i would have learned a lesson
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited September 2014
    Land expansions only in HF and its 50% only.
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited September 2014
    Yeah! I mean Home Farm expansions are much sought after. But considering they have given us 3 days... I'll mull over it. I am thankful for 50% but then again dropping 160 FVC for a single expansion isn't going down well. Let's see what else comes along the way. 70% would have been fantastic!
  • TxConnieTxConnie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 170
    edited September 2014
    I did see some animals on sale also when I clicked from HH. Looked like 50-70% off? Going
    to see if anything else pops up on different farms.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    I would buy home farm expansions BUT:
    1. They run these sales during hours I have no PC access. A sale must be for 24 hours.
    2. The 50% discount is not good enough.
    edited September 2014
    Vehicles, Unwither Rings, Statues. Best one I see is 8x8 Combine for 2 FC. The statue deals are meh. Animal Pen Harvester for 2. Some good deals in there. Need to explore
    edited September 2014
    All of the sales, so far, show they are good for 3 days. Good news for those that can't get to farm during the day.
  • Arthur BeckerArthur Becker Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 82
    edited September 2014
    You can get better/bigger combines than 8x8 for the same FV2. It's just a mater of what size do you want/need. They come fully upgraded. I picked up 4 or 5 of them for various farms, including some that already had smaller combines. Lots of the rest of the stuff is the usual bucks for junks.
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited September 2014
    Hi, Arther.. do you mean there's a combine larger than 8x8? I searched in the market and can't find one... Or did you mean in FV2 and not FV?

2FC for an 8x8 is a great deal. I'm going to buy a couple of these. I do get turbos from FS, but sometimes I use a lot of them esp during free fuel days.
    edited September 2014
    I have never seen a larger one either. I may not use the 8 x8 often, but for 2 FC? I put one on every farm and I did the same with the 2FC animal harvester and Orchard harvester.
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited September 2014
    I bought the combines some for 64 plots and 49 plots but I can't remember which is which....Not interested in any of the other stuff....
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited September 2014
    Coin expansions on El Dorado! Only 22x22, but it's a start!
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited September 2014
    I bought 1 8x8 and have to visit each farm to decide if I want another... I so rarely plant a large enough area with the same crop...but with 2100 stall space now, I can actually consider it...
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited September 2014
    Be careful folks, Zynga is out to grab your FC.

The 8x8 Combine was on sale for $2FC. I bought 3.
    When I rebooted the game, the 8x8 Combines were now at $138FC and I was missing $414FC from my account.

I am just super **** at these people.
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed I was charged wrong for an orchard harvester and when I got to Glen they were no longer $2fv$. ANyone else notice some oddities?
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited September 2014
    darqlady wrote: »
    I just noticed I was charged wrong for an orchard harvester and when I got to Glen they were no longer $2fv$. ANyone else notice some oddities?
    I've cancelled my VIP Subscription.

I no longer want to play with these sleaze bags and I would encourage everyone to get back to their regular lives.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    It was supposed to be a 50% off sale. The 2 FC for the vehicles was a mistake and they have corrected it, I think they were wrong to do so and it is going to cost them customers.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited September 2014
    I'm with you guys - I'm EXTREMELY upset!! :( (Also I'm thinking this topic, us losing farm cash, should go in its own thread but for now I'm putting my reply in here.)

I started with 1728 FC.

I started with Home Farm and started going through the list, buying:

Home - 40-pen orchard & animal harvesters, 8x8 combine (should be 2 FC each, total 6 FC)
    England - same as home
    Sunflower - 8x8 combine only (2 FC)
    Lighthouse - same as home
    Winter - same as home
    Somewhere around here my browser crashed so I had to reload.
    Then I bought the 3 on Hawaii thinking they were still the 2 FC.

I go look at my FC ... 516 ?!?!?!?! I should still have ...

1728 = starting
    1722 = home done
    1717 = england done, harvest cash calf
    1715 = sunflower done (8x8 only)
    1710 = lighthouse done, harvest cash calf
    1705 = winter done, harvest cash calf
    1700 = hawaii done, harvest cash calf ...

1700 FC! Where's my other 1184 FC?

Let's see ... the current sale prices are:

40-pen animal = 55 FC
    40-pen orchard = 75 FC
    8x8 combine = 138 FC

For the 3 vehicles that should be 268 FC per farm.

1184 / 268 = 4.4179.... and I bought on 5 farms plus the 8x8 on sunflower. Lemme work backwards assuming the higher price ...

516 FC = now
    783 FC = before Hawaii
    1050 FC = before Winter
    1317 FC = before Lighthouse
    1455 FC = before Sunflower
    1722 FC = before England.

It appears I got the 2 FC sale price on the 3 I bought on Home, but from England on it was only 50% off. They were even still showing 2 FC in the market, doing the -2 Cash popup, and I noticed when I was on Lighthouse Cove or WInter Wonderland 2 or 3 farms later, I still had 1710 FC at the time I looked.

I WANT MY FARM CASH BACK!! :(

I had taken a 2 or 3 day break due to some other projects I was working on outside FV ... but this may be a good reason to make that break a LOT longer. I'd like to get the long-term benefits from VIP, but Clyde's suggestion is looking quite appealing right now.

(I wish we could take as much real cash from them as they've stolen farm cash from us.)
    edited September 2014
    Be careful folks, Zynga is out to grab your FC.
    The 8x8 Combine was on sale for $2FC. I bought 3.
    When I rebooted the game, the 8x8 Combines were now at $138FC and I was missing $414FC from my account.
    I am just super **** at these people.

You have NO idea what I did! I bought 20 8x8 Combines -- one for each farm. I actually was so pressed for time this morning, but I knew it was now or never. I was halfway through my farms trying to load the dreaded Holiday Lights farms when Flash said "go to ****". So I had to reload... next second "Farmville gets enhanced"!

I was like arghhhh... there go my 2 FVC combines. But no, they still hadn't fixed it. So I finished buying them for rest of the Farms including a few max-size Animal Pen Harvesters and Orchard Harvesters. I even bought a 8x8 Combine for Sunflower Meadows... just in case. Btw, I also bought Starter Packs (@ 2FVC) like a mad hound. Only when I ran out of time and had to get off the computer did I stop. All in all it was a crazzzzzzzzy morning.

PS: My post is all burgundy because I am giddy and hyperventilating. After 4 years I was finally able to beat Zynga at their own game. I mean COME ON -- I have twenty 8x8 Combines (worthless in essence due to all the Turbos) but I stole from the stealers... 275 FVC for 2 FVC or in other words 20 combines @ 2 FVC for 40 FVC (rather than @ the sale price of 2,760 or original price @ 5,520 FVC --bwhahahaaha!)

24g15c8.png
    edited September 2014
    I see what has happened... The prices changed. I went back to England. I suspect that all sales done during the session when the prices changed got switched. Since I was doing older farms, I was refreshing a lot, so the earlier sales held at the 2fv. Well - eventually support will fix it for me, but it is annoying. And for those who saw the 2FV and the 3 day time period and waited... they are out of luck. However. orchard harvesters and animal pen and even 8x8 combines are only useful on some farms and in certain circumstances... I for instance saw no need on more than the one farm since my plot areas are in small sections ( I decorate remember) and pens and orchards are scattered... So I got what I wanted except for the EG orchard harvester...
    edited September 2014
    For those who have support chat - they are there now... I am chatting now. I should get the refund- but it is annoying

They have a support link now:

https://support.zynga.com/article/farmville/Missing-Farm-cash-after-purchasing-a-Combine-en_US-1411761579300

Cash restored...
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited September 2014
    What time was it, PaganiZonda? I'm reading a thread on Dirt Farmer's facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/asktheDF/permalink/506799182756095/ - and our very own MoonchildMadness has said it appears the sale price was changed at a certain time fairly recently. For me it appears to have been about noon Pacific time, based on my farming activities and what I got charged vs should have gotten charged.
    If you bought yours earlier this morning, PZ, you got lucky. I was too tired to get on early this morning, but when I was laying in bed around 11:30 or so and checked another facebook FV group's posts on my phone, I saw that the vehicles were 2 FC, so I flew into the other room to load FV. (It took a while to load, though, as I had an audio editor open with several hours of multi-track audio. I closed it, then FV was finally able to load.)
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    Piano - yes it was noon Pacific time. I bought mine around 8 AM Pacific and they are still there and so is my FC. I'm so sorry people got caught in their update, it is a huge number and I think Zynga will refund everyone who bought during the correction.
    edited September 2014
    I was just thinking - to atone for their mistake, I think Z should set EVERYTHING over 100 FC at 2 FC each, everything 40 to 100 FC at 1 FC each, and for items below 40 FC, allow multiple purchases per FC.
    edited September 2014
    Piano: This was around 10:10 a.m. your time. I so wanted to somehow CALL you or whatever and inform you about the error. I knew you would be interested! Thought of creating a thread on the forum, but TxConnie has already posted (and I didn't want to alert Zynga).

Man I feel so good -- I can farm Horseman's Hollow in like one click without Turbos. It's not even that... just that 275 FVC for 2 FVC (after months of waiting for the combines) makes me feel elated :)
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited September 2014
    Honestly this has to be the one of the stupidest run companies in history. To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad you got it, PZ. I wish I'd gotten up earlier, but I was tired early this morning. And, I expected whatever sale that was on to last the 3 days or whatever, and didn't expect it to be such a good price that it was for a while. I was still up at around 1 or 2 am this morning - I should have gotten on then (even if it meant force-closing the audio editing app with several hours of multi-track audio that I'd been working for 3 or 4 days on and hadn't been able to save), but I didn't. :/