Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Horseman's Hollow Feedback Thread

MilongenamusMilongenamus Community ManagerSuspended User Posts: 47
edited October 2014 in Feedback and Suggestions
Don't be so cheap with the early access "freebies" which players BUY for 45 FVC. The starter pack offered is a joke. And there are no parts to open the presents in the freebies. Humbug.

No sign of COIN market stalls, only cash ones. This was an issue on FF, too. Was nobody listening to the complaints?

Comments

• crafty chriscrafty chris Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 632
    edited September 2014
    honest opinion? its ugly colours are drab and dreary and the only colour on this farm are the buildings all in all i can honestly say the worst farm you have brought out and cant see me expanding or continuing after the first week (to help my neighbours) and to add insult to injury i had withered plots!!!!
  • JB ConceptsJB Concepts Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 99
    edited September 2014
    Count me OUT of this one... Ugly Theme, ugly colors (what else is new), too much like the others... No Thanks....
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited September 2014
    Stop nagging us with it. I got the big pop up, a bunch of other useless nonsense pop ups (not that there are any other kind), and then another one for this. It's huge in the navigation bar, and I'm guessing that it's on the neighbor bar too but FV got enhanced and since I don't want to wait 10 minutes for the game to load I'm unable to check that. We *know* that it exists. We will buy it or we won't. All the hype in the world won't make us change our minds to buy it if we don't want to and those of us who do will buy it anyway. Besides, usually the amount of hype is inversely proportional to how good something is so a lot of people react negatively to it just out of habit.
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited September 2014
    The Red Maize Bushel (and possibly others) cannot be used for mastery (click "use" in the stall and nothing happens). The Horseman's Hollow Chicken coop not only will not open, but trying to do so ("look inside") will cause you to be unable to "look inside" anything else on the farm until you refresh! The orchard cannot not be expanded (the flashing buttons problem is to blame). And, while we do appreciate the fact that no "craft an animal" buildings were removed from the shortcut button to make room for the blackjack barn, the blackjack barn button is very hard to see! There is also no "uniquely Horseman Hollow" fence available for coins (I'm using the coin wrought iron Haunted Hallow fence). As to the farm itself--same old same old.
  • kathylynnekathylynne Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 127 The Pesky Helper
    edited September 2014
    So far I hate it! Had already withered crops when initially opened, quest did not open, so bushels harvested before quest finally appeared didn't count. Super short harvest times on required crops make it impossible to farm if you can't continuously sit at the computer (can't plant during lunch break and harvest when home from work). Even with longer harvest time (4 hours) crops withered before the time should have expired. And no Farm Cash sale before release? I'm definitely NOT expanding this without a huge sale....and I don't know about even then. This was a TOTAL WASTE OF 45 FARMCASH !!!!
  • kathylynnekathylynne Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 127 The Pesky Helper
    edited September 2014
    OK, I forgot a couple of things that have been bad and getting worse with each recent farm. The pop-ups for the obstacles are WAY too big and keep you from being able to harvest your crops. Hollow is even worse since the farm is small to start with. If we have to put up with the annoying obstacles (most everyone I know HATES them), at least take it back to the smaller balloon that is easier to work around. The pop-ups in the barn are also too large. The pop-up should not block you from clicking on the upper crafting boxes...but they do.

Also, please bring back some type of decent prize to your friends for leveling up...at least give a part you can use or something! SDB's are soooooooo lame! I won't even post my level-ups at the farm level, because it just puts useless junk on the feed. Give me something I want and can use, not something worthless that I already get way too many of because you won't update gifts !!!
  • Bonnie V DentBonnie V Dent Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 1 New to the Forums
    edited September 2014
    Hi:
    I have been a faithful fan loving player of FV for a few years. What I do not like are all the new farms popping up. It seems you do not give players the opportunity to finish one farm and another starts. I can not even make it through all the farms without getting withered-I can not keep buying things to keep up.
    On a good note I like the membership opportunity you formed. I look forward to Sunday nights now.
    Can we slow down a little? I think you would have been better off forming new things out of Haunted Hollow rather than a new farm.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    The background design is the epitome of laziness....nothing but a bunch of trees pasted all over the place. Really?
  • Mimi48Mimi48 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 647 Mazter Guardian
    edited September 2014
    Just another kiddy farm which I won't be playing...Am tired of kiddy farms....Last new farm I played was ML....Haven't played one since then other than ED and that's nothing but a leader board farm....
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    I HATE CRAFTING. Always have. Always will.

Many of the Witcher Hut crafts require a much higher quantity crafted to level up. And don't give me the excuse that some harvest sooner. We still have to cough up the bushels to make them.

The animal crafting is still my #1 hated feature. I already accidentally lost about 10 fv cash just clicking in the wrong place. I cannot afford losses like this anymore. I also cannot tolerate it anymore.
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited September 2014
    I haven't paid for early access and after reading this - I'm glad I haven't. To be honest, the theme isn't new - it's like an updated version of Haunted Hollow/Mystical Groves farms - if you're going to add more farms - please make sure the theme is original. Not sure as to whether I will use this farm once its free access.
  • maggie147maggie147 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,163
    edited September 2014
    Generally the farm is same old song, as written above.

Yet, what I like (I am in the opposition here) is the crafting (I mean the real crafting, the one that came first with Bakery, Spa and Winery, and not some animal crafting, nails crafting, etc.) and finally there's something new about that. Different crafting times, short and long recipes, different mastery progress. Plus for that. Other stuff - nothing new.
  • csmalley39csmalley39 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 18
    edited September 2014
    The trees locked to horsemans hollow are all terrible looking! Haunted hollow had much better trees, animals and decorations that actually looked like halloween decorations! My biggest complaint is the bright colors farmville has decided to use on everything! Halloween is suppose to be creepy-luckily I can still make trees from Haunted hollow on my home farm so I can decorate horsemans. They really need to lay off the bright colors and make decorations etc. like haunted hollow. Hopefully they will release all the old halloween items and quit making new ones. The buildings on horsemans hollow all look the same too. They all have the same color blue roof and green windows. Whoever designs this stuff has no creativity.....
  • Arthur BeckerArthur Becker Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 82
    edited September 2014
    While I mostly enjoyed early access, am finished with the first series of quests, and on level 15 of the Mausoleum, there are lots of downsides, too.

All the animals for early access are cheap ones, available for coins, and all are locked to HH. All early animals are locked to HH, as well as most of the later ones.

Zynga continues to be thrilled to cripple their games, and is always looking for new ways to screw their paying customers, so there is the 50 a day limit on getting Mausoleum Jack o Lanterns. That is just plain rotten. Add to it the small farm, idiot tombstones, locked animals, level up rewards not being given (and we will probably never get the ones that were stolen from us -- just like Zynga steals farm cash and never gives it back, plus no way to contact anyone about it), and cookie cutter approach to "new" farms, which are just the same old ones in a different package.

Instead of coming up with new and innovative ideas, Zynga just goes with cripple, cheap and theft instead.
  • Donna CrosslinDonna Crosslin Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited September 2014
    Hey Farmers,

Did you check out Horseman's Hollow yet?

Please let us know what you like about it and what we can do better.

Your feedback will go directly to the game studio and help improving the game!

Thanks and Happy Farming!

Milongenamus

I love it and think that all the farm's are cool to play. I do have a suggestion about the game I think that there needs to be a sale button in the baby playpen because with 100 in there and you max one out you want to sale it. but every time you sale one it closes and you have to go back in and start all over again. :D
  • susieq0729susieq0729 Black Sheep of ze Internet User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 62
    edited September 2014
    Okay a couple of things. I'll start by saying that I love themed farms but I will say that 3 Holiday themed farms (bet we'll have a 4th this year) and 2 Halloween themed farms seems a little silly to me. What would be nice is if we could spend 45 FC for a giant expansion and continue building with the new designs from there. Now I have a little question. How is it that my HH chicken coop is going to produce eggs if my roosters won't go in there? I mean . . . really? I really do not like having to put any type of a chicken in the aviary when I have a perfectly good chicken coop with plenty of space for them. VERY happy to see the themed coop though :)
    edited September 2014
    I am here as the voice of a neighbor experiencing this terrible known issue that is still not fixed:

Some players paid for early access (45 fvc) but they cannot access the new farm, even though they paid for it. They just get Whoa Farmer every time they try.

All Access is on Monday. So what satisfaction is Z planning to do for these players that paid and did not get the farm during Early Access? Eh?

She cannot access Chat, so I told her to Email CS. I hope she gets a good response.
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited September 2014
    The bushel yield on this farm seems to be higher, isn't it? That's a good thing!
  • nichocbnichocb Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 475 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited September 2014
    Gained early access to the farm today. I'm undecided on this one at the moment, there are a lot of good mixtures to this farm that aren't on any other, like the quicker crop/craft times and the bushel yield seems good at the moment too. There are several things that are frustrating as a player though - the first one is a major pain - whilst planting/plowing crops, one of the left hand corner is an extra large tombstone which if you click anywhere near it brings up a 'please expand your farm' pop up and if your mouse is hovering anywhere near it, it will probably lose you 20FC. Why do we need to see where the others one are before you have expanded? Not needed!! I have also noticed that collecting Jack-O-Laterns is non existant. I have plowed the farm 10 times today with the short timed crops and only found one! Yes I know that you can gain more with a turbo etc, but why waste them on a tiny farm? Needs to be more consistant whether you are hand plowing or using a combine etc.
  • hornplayerhornplayer Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 220 Cupcake Princess
    edited September 2014
    Another boring farm. Colors are hideous. I'm appalled at how many bushels are needed to level up recipes. I think I'll be skipping this farm entirely.
  • Digger64Digger64 Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 362
    edited September 2014
    What's happened to the neighbour bar? No levels are shown and they all seem to be randomly placed. I'm shown 2nd highest but I know I'm not from neighbours' feed posts and I didn't get early access like they did.
  • kathyh3kathyh3 Investigator Registered User Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    I bought early access and I really enjoy the farm. It is easier on my eyes. The only thing that I hate is I like it so much I spend a lot of time there. I want to expand, but wish there would be a coin expansion available, especially since I paid FC for the early access. Also, with some of the pop-ups, if you're not careful, you buy stuff you don't want to. There should be an "are you sure?" for every purchase. I ended up buying a tree I didn't want because of the pop-up.
    edited September 2014
    I, too, was thinking that those of us purchasing early access should be allowed one or two farm expansions for coins. Right now I have finished the quests, completed the Town Hollow, and removed all the pain in the **** tombstones, But I'm not going to bother trying to do any more work on the farm until I can expand it from the small joke size into something useful. Trying to craft jack o lanterns for the Mausoleum could take a month or more, and a year or more if anyone was foolish enough to try with just harvesting crops, and getting 2, or 1 or 0 JOLs per full farm harvest on the joke farm. Eventually coin expansion will come, so I'm going to wait for that. There is no point wasting FV for expansion, then seeing it free for everyone just a short while later.

I enjoyed the early access, and look forward to doing that again on the next farm. But right now Horsemans Hollow is in limbo for me. And it doesn't help that so many animals are locked to that farm. I spent a lot of time and money developing infrastructure on my home farm, only I can barely use any of it with all these many virtually worthless locked animals.
    edited September 2014
    I just finished an 8 hour entire farm crop, and got 3 Jack o Lanterns for the mausoleum. Considering that I have 536 JOL to go (I am on stage 23), that means another 178 days, or almost 6 months of harvesting the full farm daily, to finish the thing. It only took a couple of weeks or so for the Fairytale and Oasis farms to get the unwither ring, so something is horribly wrong with HH, and good luck to us all that Zynga will do anything about it.
  • SpiritBloomsSpiritBlooms On Fire Registered User Posts: 711
    edited September 2014
    In the Witcher's Hut, 8 items to make or sell in order to get from level 1 to 2 on some items? Are you kidding? They may finish sooner than other recipes, but we still have to gather bushels, and I just don't visit my shops that often. Busy-busy-busy game!

I've been beating every farm. Started playing again in 2012 after a year off, and by the beginning of this year had beaten all but the two most current, and now I've beaten all but the most current farm. BUT now you've raised the requirements. Fairytale Fields required 5 milestones rather than 4, and now this Witcher's Hut is going to be the dealbreaker for me. No more bothering to beat farms.

As it is, the game is so time-consuming that I have a choice each day, to do something on my farms OR help on the feed - and I only have about 30 neighbors to help in the feed. But there is so much to do! This isn't fun anymore, it's more like a full time job. Please stop making the farms more and more difficult, and let us have a little FUN - remember FUN? That's what games are supposed to be.
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited September 2014
    Spiritblooms, concentrate on the recipes that have "normal" requirements. That's what I'm doing, for the most part. There should be enough, especially as you unlock new recipes.
  • SqueakyOneSqueakyOne Building Expert Registered User Posts: 26
    edited September 2014
    We've already got enough "Halloween" theme farms, and sure don't need more. But, if you keep forcing more farms, then please try to come up with something new -- NOT "Christmas", "Halloween", "Fairy".
  • AristillusAristillus Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 250
    edited September 2014
    I love Halloween so if I wanted a new farm I'd be happy to have a spooky one. But oh...wait...I already HAVE a spooky farm. WHY do we need a new farm EVERY 8 weeks?!? Good grief, it must be hugely profitable for Zynga is all I can think. As long as there are fools willing to pay for early access I guess the rest of us will just have to live with it. Anyhow...enough of a rant. I would like to know why so stingy with the Jack-o-Lanterns? I've been growing/harvesting many different crops all week and have exactly THREE. Not a big fan of the 1 hour crafts/ 20 minute crops either. Do people actually LIVE on FV 24/7? Nevermind...apparently they do. LOL!
  • darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited September 2014
    You asked for feedback. I like it. I like the different colors. I like the fact that you can see both off map objects without scrolling. I enjoyed the different times of crafting. It was nice being able to mix some short 1 hours in with some 6's. It seems to me that things are moving along faster so someone loosened up requirements. I am on the last row of pumpkins. I have a finished upgrading the bakery and my Town is also complete. Several crops are mastered and many are well on their way. This is week 2! The buildings mesh nicely. It will be fun to decorate when it has been expanded. So good job on shaking things up. My only complaint is that there are no cool headstones in the market.. The last level of the treasures is very cool and I would love a bunch of them to decorate with!
  • Jen D.Jen D. Muffin Registered User Posts: 13 Building Expert
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the unlocked mastery signs this time!

I can add them to my crop billboard on my home farm instead of having yet another billboard somewhere else (it's annoying building and expanding new billboards on multiple farms for just 15 signs or so per farm).

Any chance of the other locked signs on the other farms being unlocked someday so I can transfer all of those to my home farm too? :D