Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Horseman's Hollow: New Farm?

PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The BossRegistered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
edited September 2014 in FarmVille Discussion
They made some cool changes on this farm. Several crops have short harvest times. Some recipes have shorter "baking times".
They gave free fuel and doubles again (think they did this last farm). Will edit as I think of others.

Comments

• darqladydarqlady The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,321 Cream Corn Champion
    edited September 2014
    Note that the quantity or recipes to level up the crafting is also more- which is fair since the times are 1 hour... but it will make quests a breeze. I already have a 1 star mastery... should be easy to level up.. I am going to stuff my stalls while we have double bushels! The free fuel is nice - particularly for the 10 minute crops. My 500+ unwithers are getting used slowly - distraction for 20 minutes on something not FV related is so easy! I seem to be zipping through the Mausoleum as well- am almost on the second line of "presents" to open and it hasn't been 10 hours yet!
  • PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited September 2014
    darqlady wrote: »
    ... I seem to be zipping through the Mausoleum as well- am almost on the second line of "presents" to open and it hasn't been 10 hours yet!

wow-wow-shock-surprise-smiley-emoticon-000325-large.gif
    edited September 2014
    red maize currently can't use a bushel - at least not for me...
  • Claudia FuquaClaudia Fuqua Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 159
    edited September 2014
    Same here re: Red Maize ... I used the super fertilizer without the bushel :(
  • Claudia FuquaClaudia Fuqua Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 159
    edited September 2014
    And the quick recipes are nice ... only problem is it takes more sales of the short recipes to level up :(
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    Hello Farmers!

Thank you for purchasing the Early Access for the Horseman's Hollow Farm. We're happy to bring out this new expansion on your farm! We'd love to hear more comments from you. Sound off your feedback below to help us improve your game experience! Thank you for your time. :)
  • Arthur BeckerArthur Becker Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 82
    edited September 2014
    All the animals so far are locked to this farm
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited September 2014
    All the animals so far are locked to this farm

I wasn't going to buy early access because I don't like postage stamp sized farms but it looked interesting. This, however, is a deal breaker. Between this and that horrid mystree requirement completely spoiling the last farm I just can't.
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited September 2014
    I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind locking animals to certain farms, or locking anything for than matter. It's not a huge deal to me, but it's annoying when I'm tidying up my gift box and have to switch to different farms to move things out. What a waste of time…we need things to help us speed the game up. Most of us here try to play most of the farms at least to some extent and anything that would speed the game up would be appreciated. I don't have time to nearly do the things I'd like to do and days that I have to work I hardly get anything done at all. Lately I've been trying to increase recipes in my wineries. I have eight wineries now, but the time it takes to harvest them over eight large farms makes it a pain. These days when I find myself having to reboot I'm more likely to just shut down completely and come back later if the mood strikes me…which seems to be less and less.
  • WatsthepointWatsthepoint Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 215
    edited September 2014
    Another Halloween themed farm? Running out of ideas? How about fixing the majority of issues on the 1000 other farms we have instead of creating new idiotic farms?
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited September 2014
    well I got EA for this one. My first regret, though, is using the starter-pack obstacle parts on an obstacle other than the one in the north corner, around where I normally like to line my buildings.
    edited September 2014
    I noticed that too- well- it is the 5th to go... I got the buildings lined up nicely without needing to move the rock, so will get more of the planting ones done before I go tackle that one!.
    I don't mind the animal locking. I am glad I am NOT one who keeps all their pens on one farm or something. I think us decorators find locking less of an issue. Now that they actually tell you what farm things are locked to even if on or off the farm, I have been able to manage my box! I am hanging out under 400 items now... most of that is building parts since i am a sucker for making more than one of them....

I really like the shorter recipes, the shorter crops, etc. It is a nice change. It is always annoying to know you need to plant ( like tonight) 2 8 hour and 1 6 hour crop, but if you did it at 6pm they would be ready hours before you wake... Nicer to be able to plant some 2 hour crops to sneak you to bed time and perhaps waste less of the overnight hours!

One comment- the music is ok, but the repeat too short. I finally listened to the last 3 farms and they have the same issue. I actually tried one Saturday to leave music on while I wandered around from farm to farm and really like some of it and the longer music loops are not quite as tedious. This one is so short it was turned off after a few minutes. It won't be back.
    edited September 2014
    Darqlady & others: From a quest perspective I understand the ease of the shorter recipes (at present). But think about this...

1) For those of us who like to beat the Farm by leveling up the recipes and then selling the craftshop (Witcher Hut) only to start over... the increased requirements are a total step backwards, while the 1-hour recipe time provides no advantage. Even with a Double Crafting statue, it is taking some effort to level up.

2) I also have a bad feeling that the requirements for the LeaderBoards based on this farm will change. I really don't want to make 25 recipes to get the two instagrows.

3) Also you would be naive to think they will leave the quest requirements intact. This company has never given us anything for free. You just have to wait for the other shoe to drop.

I am not saying 6-hours is the optimal recipe time, but the change in requirements along with the 1-hour slot isn't any better in the long run.
  • TxConnieTxConnie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 170
    edited September 2014
    If it is 25 1 hour recipe, I won't care. I like they are mixing things up on this farm. Makes it far less boring for me. I have never sold my craftshop to start over, so doesn't bother me either.

So far.. I am saying Kudos. (Though I am only 1 item into the mausoleum. Will have to work on that one after quest is over.)
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited September 2014
    Not finding the levelling up of the witcher hut (via craft and selling/re-buying) an issue at all - I just avoided those crafts that require 8 to get to level 1 and did the more usual style ones. Already on the last level and I would have completed it already if not for deciding to focus more on expanding the tedious animal creation thing that will no doubt be needed to beat the farm.

This is the first farm in ages I have taken the option of EA for (and I am not sure why I did it this time lol) and it has been fairly easy so far. All crops are mastered (plenty of spare instagrows and special fertilizers made it easy even on a 12x12), halfway through the open gifts for an unwither ring (used bushel swap at the weekend to get some bushels for crafting the jack o'lanterns) anbd even the quest is on the last stage despite appearing hours after I took the EA.

Only thing that will take some time is the tedious animal part already mentioned but at least one (spare) day's focus yesterday on the farm means a lot less to do going forward.

Agree with Connie regarding the leaderboard too as if say 25 rather than 15 by having 1 hour crafting instead of 6 I find that far simpler (admittedly having a double bushel statue probably helps greatly).

Despite the ease of this farm I am still moving anything I get given to the original Haunted Hollows that isn't locked to the new farm though, no intention of decorating a second hallowe'en farm ;-)
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited September 2014
    Didn't buy early access, but if I understand from the previous posts, the crafting time for some recipes is shorter, but you have to make more of them.
    Personally, I don't like that idea. It doesn't really matter to me how long the recipes take, but I sure don't want to have to make more to level up!
    I guess crops with really short growing times would be good for some people who have a lot of time to play. I'll save them for the weekends, I guess.
    I also heard that the Blackjack barn's capacity will increase as you go (like Magic Garden) so you don't have to craft expansion parts or repeat any animals. That's a good thing!
    Looks like the crops are pretty and there are a lot of decorations available for coins. And some nice trees, which are my weakness!
    Will probably come back with other feedback after general access starts.
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    I like the fact that the crops and crafts go quicker.

Making the animals to master is a pain, as usual.
    edited September 2014
    musicalcat wrote: »
    Didn't buy early access, but if I understand from the previous posts, the crafting time for some recipes is shorter, but you have to make more of them. Personally, I don't like that idea. It doesn't really matter to me how long the recipes take, but I sure don't want to have to make more to level up!

Musicalcat: I just want to add that unlike the Power Farmers who have all but beaten the new farm on the first day... I hadn't completely explored the deeper nuances. I just assumed that all the crafting recipes were 1-hour with increased leveling requirements (which would indeed be terrible, no matter how you spin it, because of the extra bushels needed). But they do seem to have both 1 and 6 hour recipes, hence I can understand what Zynga is trying to do. They want to cater to different playing styles and are giving each farmer something to contend with -- and that's pretty cool.

Also my basic issue is not with time or the number of cycles of a given task I would have to perform, but with the need to generate the extra bushels. Even with a Double Bushel Statue, if I have to craft something 25 times (hypothetical number btw) for a Leaderboard, that is 12*9 =108 extra bushels of 3 different crops. Anyhow, time will be the true test to this new model, and I am sure as you and I go along we'll adapt/adopt the changes as we almost always do. And yes, the Blackjack Barn is a breeze, it works very well indeed. Happy farming :)
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited September 2014
    ^^ Thanks for the clarification! I'm stocking up bushels for some of the "normal" crafts, and I guess I'll check out the shorter ones when I get there!
    edited September 2014
    Red Maize is now working as a bushel.
    I am indeed on the second level of the mausoleum PZ- would be further but work got in the way today so couldn't keep farming !
    I have only noticed 3 items locked to the farm. perhaps it was the animals that were ON the farm or given in the initial buy? All quest items seem to be unlocked and none of the Barn makes seem to be locked. I like the owls. Yes - they finally have the Blackjack Barn issues resolved- the crafts are moderately well thought out and the size of the space is acceptable.
    Crafting. You need to make 8 to level up. PZ is correct - recipe bushel needs are greater. But crops ARE only 10 minutes... So you can make more bushels in the one hour that the craft cooks... Since we had free fuel I have been using bushels on the 10 minute crops and making lots of pumpkins and salves and ghosts in and around the quest requirements and waits and I don't have a double crafting statue... so I just now leveled up to 3 spots - always nice to handle those make 3 quest steps.
    I noticed the coin upgrade box was out of kilter and I saw something else an issue other than the maize, but the rest is working fine.
    It looks like you start with your farm unwithering for those still thinking of buying EA and low on unwithers. ( TG I have a working garden in FS the way I am going through them!)

I will always get EA because of the combine, quest and the leg up with the free fuel and double bushels... It is nice to get advanced so the following weeks when real life intervenes are less frantic!
  • maggie147maggie147 The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,163
    edited September 2014
    The graphics is not the best, but I like the new crafting. Shorter crops, shorter recipes (with higher requirements to level up) or longer crops with longer recipes with regular requirements to level up. Something new for the crafting farmers - like me :D
  • pam95650pam95650 Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 86
    edited September 2014
    Hello Farmers!

Thank you for purchasing the Early Access for the Horseman's Hollow Farm. We're happy to bring out this new expansion on your farm! We'd love to hear more comments from you. Sound off your feedback below to help us improve your game experience! Thank you for your time. :)

Once again, another new farm. Isn't Zynga going a bit overboard? Twenty-three farms? Really? I'm sure you'll give us another holiday farm too; as if the current two isn't enough.

I for one, am not playing any farms beyond Lighthouse cove. Too much time wasted.
  • illdocilldoc The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,152 Assassin
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure you'll give us another holiday farm too; as if the current two isn't enough.

Actually, there are 3, if you count Winter Wonderland (Mistletoe Lane & Holiday LIghts are the other two).
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited September 2014
    I wish that with these new farms, that the requests for parts lasted longer than 30 minutes!

I've seen some that were 45 minutes old only to receive the "I'm Sorry, this blah-blah expired". Maybe only 1 like and it expires after 30 minutes or so?

As for the Farm itself, I've managed to earn the unwither ring so it'll get relegated to the bottom of the interest bin for now as just another farm for a craft shop, Fishing Hole and Gas Pump.
    edited September 2014
    I like having another Halloween Farm. The cost to upgrade Hallows is too much and I need to shift some decorations. This will do nicely.
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited September 2014
    musicalcat wrote: »
    ^^ Thanks for the clarification! I'm stocking up bushels for some of the "normal" crafts, and I guess I'll check out the shorter ones when I get there!
    Besides the bushel, stock (1) plenty of fuel for those short duration crops,
    (2) collect parts (spooky candle stands and spooky magnifying glass) from the gift page on the top left from 'suggested friends' to clear obstacles.
    (3)unwithers and super fertilizers
  • MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited September 2014
    well I got EA for this one. My first regret, though, is using the starter-pack obstacle parts on an obstacle other than the one in the north corner, around where I normally like to line my buildings.

The anchor point/dead spot in that north corner is truly annoying to me. Why does it have to be on the focal point corner?

I don't like the dead spots to begin with but the placement of this one is particularly fractious to me.