Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jack's Mystree Nursery Feedback Thread

MilongenamusMilongenamus Community ManagerSuspended User Posts: 47
edited July 2015 in Feedback and Suggestions
I looked at it, not interested in Fantasy trees. Would be nice if we could sell/delete the building if we're not gonna use it.

Comments

• MouseWranglerMouseWrangler Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,936 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    I want to be able to delete the building. Same with that god awful Christmas tree on Holiday Lights.
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    Feature is BROKEN. I have a completed Mystree ready to be placed on my farm, but every time I attempt to place it and wait for it to transform, I get Whoa Farmer.

It makes no difference how often I try this, how empty my cache is, etc., etc. It is BROKEN.

I am going to ignore this feature. If they cannot release something that WORKS, I cannot be bothered with it, either.
  • Sparky0Sparky0 On Fire Registered User Posts: 766 Aged to Perfection
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice to be able to delete it. That and the horrible looking floating thingie on the last farm too.
  • Katrina GetzKatrina Getz Assassin Registered User Posts: 515
    edited August 2014
    it's different, and for those without neighbors that post items like mystery seedlings it could be handy.
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited August 2014
    I like trees. I'm not in a hurry to get them all, but will use the feature when I have some time and extra bushels for crafting buckets.
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    Hello Farmers,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We're taking note of them and rest assured your comments will reach the Studio. :)
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited August 2014
    If I understand the feature correctly (and I'm not sure I do yet), you need 12 sunshine buckets for just one tree!

That seems to be quite a lot, especially when the bushels used to craft them are also needed in the Fairy Forum. In that case I'll probably end up ignoring the Mystree nursery until I have the Fairy Forum leveled up - at which time there will probably be a new farm and I'll no longer be interested in the Mystrees. :(
  • richprichp Black Sheep of ze Internet Facebook Connect User Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    I think the feature is okay but the fact that it requires a a lot of a new type of crafted item (sunshine buckets) and items from friends (butterflies) makes it something I would only use just enough to get 1 of each tree then I would never use it again.

The concept has potential and I would like to say this would be a great feature to possibly incorporate into the seedling nursery. For example instead of using the sunshine buckets allow us to use any type of bushels. Similar to when we are crafting the bushel babies in the Stork Bundle Roost. Along with the required bushels for each baby there is one that is blank so you can use any type of bushel you want to fulfill the requirement. I would love another way to off load all of my excess bushels I get from harvesting crops.

Maybe create a special seedling which grows into a tree that is apart from the regular ones we have now and require those to be grown with a combination of water and/or bushels that are not commonly used in other recipes. I'm sure your team can come up with some cool combinations. This new building could be used on all farms or if incorporated into the seeding nursery no new building would need to be created.

Another idea I just had could be like a Tree Workshop where you place an already grown tree into the workshop and add a certain type of bushel(s) to it and after a set amount of waiting time the tree comes out with some type of enhancement. For example you could change a regular apple tree into a sparkling apple tree or maybe change it into another type of apple tree that already exist like a white golden apple tree. The combinations are endless. A tree transformation chamber. Maybe it could be somewhat random on what type of effect you get out kind of like the sheep breeding feature where there was a set combination of sheep patterns that you may or may not get depending on chance.
    edited August 2014
    I hope we don't have a repeat of the Mystree-type feature on any new farms that are coming. I don't like anything that uses the bushels I need for leveling up the crafting buildings. It would be different if it used bushels from a themed crop that was released at the same time as the mystree feature but was available on all farms and not needed in the fairy forum. I don't mind asking for the butterflies; I already have over 50 just from clicking on neighbors' help requests.

Also, when someone creates a mystree, couldn't the share reward be a sunshine bucket instead of a butterfly?
  • farmerdoofusfarmerdoofus Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,363 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    I hate the randomness of it. You cannot control which tree you are getting, so you may do all that work to raise the same tree over and over again.
    edited August 2014
    It also needs to be more user-friendly and easy to understand. It's kind of confusing with the different levels of tending, and the different numbers of buckets needed for each tend, and I shouldn't have to go to Dirt Farmer to figure it out.
  • Honey TitanHoney Titan The One Who Knows It All Registered User Posts: 260
    edited August 2014
    I did not plan to do this because I'm not a big fan of trees... or of crafting. But when the "beat FF" came out the other day, I realized that in order to beat this farm you HAVE to get 5 unique mystrees. So now I have to not only do this, but I have to keep making these trees until I get 5 different ones. Got one duplicate already so this could take awhile :/

Working and beating the new farms is pretty much all I do in FV anymore. I've adjusted to the fact that every new farm seems to have a self contained building that will have to be completed, as well as a main buildable and something that has 30 gifts that need to be unwrapped... in addition to 20 or so crops to be mastered. All of that has been bad enough but if there are more features like this mystree thing that will be required in order to beat future new farms, this may just be the last straw for me.

I've been playing FV since the summer of 2009. Always found it enjoyable, even as the barrage of new features every day caused me to limit what I do. I've still managed to find some happiness in doing what I like or want to accomplish. That warm feeling has been cancelled for me because of this added requirement to beat FF. I really hope this is a one time feature and not the beginning of a new trend. Offer things like this certainly (for the many players that like trees) but please don't force everyone to do it like this.
  • AristillusAristillus Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 250
    edited September 2014
    The butterflies are a PITA to get enough of. Better since I realized I could bushel swap for them but it still takes a lot to make one tree...which inevitably turns out to be something I already have. I've made 45 of the darn things and am still missing one. Just harvested my last crop of mushrooms and then I'm giving up on it. Bleh!
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited September 2014
    I am also trying to get that one last tree. I got the eight of them easily in the beginning without any duplicates.
    edited September 2014
    I really hope this is a one time feature and not the beginning of a new trend. Offer things like this certainly (for the many players that like trees) but please don't force everyone to do it like this.

Hopefully, but it's likely that they will be doing this for a while. It seems like they have a really dumb idea and then it continues for a couple farms until they realize that people are mind boggled at how a company which supposedly is putting out a product that people are supposed to be having fun with are actually making it into a tedious annoying grind. It's like having a full time job that we don't like. The different currencies, making those animals by collecting spirits etc. but not being able to collect very many off the feed, locking stuff to farms, etc were done on more than one farm. Given their history of bad ideas and just seeming to be unnecessarily cruel makes me wonder if some of them should get out of the industry and either run for Congress or become lobbyists! Why do we have to wait 8 hours between buckets? What the heck are they thinking?!?!?
  • BOB VBOB V Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 10 Pumpkin
    edited September 2014
    I enjoy the feature but would greatly appreciate some way to select which tree to make. I have 2 or 3 of some, and none of others.
  • JillianHJillianH Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 550 Goldsmith
    edited September 2014
    I really hope FV is reading this. This had potential to be great, but in reality it is frustrating. I plant the crops needed to make the sunshine buckets and I make the butterflies in my market via bushel swaps. That part is great. I have however now grown 29 trees and have yet to get the butterfly or pumpkin tree. I have 6 of the mushroom house, 5 of the star and poison apple trees, but not one of the last two. I know they are "rare" but I should have made one by now. Please do not make this feature in the new Halloween farm as I really like Halloween, and this would put a damper on the holiday.
  • ElaineMitchellElaineMitchell Enthusiastic Expert Facebook Connect User Posts: 343
    edited September 2014
    I have no intention of using this feature AT ALL. My only interest in the newer farms is getting the unwither rings and then planting more traditional crops for crafting.The only use I have for trees are the ones that provide craft bushels such as maple trees that contribute to gold bars for building my coin fountain or geyser or whichever one it is. I have a little routine of crafting fuel, SDB's, vehicle and fountain parts, each can be used to further the main goal of crafting more and building more animal habitats.
    edited September 2014
    My husband only had to make 5 to finish, my mother had one or two more, and I just got three of the same one in a row. The "good" news though is that I haven't really planted anything but pixie mushrooms and white squills yet and I'm half way to the unwither ring. That shouldn't happen. Not in a game that is in any way fun.
  • AristillusAristillus Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 250
    edited September 2014
    Just grew MysTree #62 and still missing one rare. There's a difference between "rare" and "never". One more round and I give up. Too much work just to end up frustrated and angry. Yeah, what happened to "games are supposed to be fun"???
  • hornplayerhornplayer Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 220 Cupcake Princess
    edited September 2014
    I'm getting very tired of having to craft those stupid sunshine buckets. I like beating a farm and that's the ONLY reason I'm even doing these dumb trees.
    I have made LOTS of trees and only have 2 unique ones. I really don't like having to waste so much time and energy crafting sunshine buckets and bushel swapping for butterflies.
    I really don't like things like this where getting what you need is left up to random chance.
    edited September 2014
    It would be nice if there were at least a cap on the randomness. For example, once you make a certain number of mystrees with their random system, you are rewarded by being able to choose which trees you want after that. Would that be too hard to code? I don't know anything about programming.
  • VegasKaitVegasKait Muffin Registered User Posts: 13 Muffin
    edited April 2015
    As of today, I have made 189 trees and STILL have not gotten the Pumpkin House Mystree, so I pretty much hate this feature, and wish I could just get that last tree tree. I'm so tired of planting and harvesting Pixie Mushrooms and White Squills. And I'm tired of always using my Bushel Swap all the time to make the Rainbow Butterflies I need. Is this tree just a joke and no one ever really earns it???
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited April 2015
    Do you have a friend who has it in their orchard and can lock one for you (well, the giant version) when they grow it from a seedling?
    I got that tree pretty quickly, but it took me forever to get the magical poppies mystree, which isn't even supposed to be rare!
  • VegasKaitVegasKait Muffin Registered User Posts: 13 Muffin
    edited April 2015
    None of my friends have it either (hardly any of them even used the feature though) but it's good to know that maybe if I keep trying I'll get it. It's been driving me mad to the point where I just can't give up on it but I'm so frustrated at the same time, LOL
  • musicalchefmusicalchef Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 410
    edited April 2015
  • BrneeyoreBrneeyore Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 221
    edited April 2015
    I finally just got the Butterfly Mystree. I started playing this feature as soon as it was released and just got the last tree I needed. I had to craft the sunshine buckets and used bushel swap to get the rainbow butterfly. I think it's ridiculous that it took so long to get the trees.
  • maycheahmaycheah Dramachine Registered User Posts: 70
    edited July 2015
    OMG, I thought I was bad. I'm at tree #95, and I'm still missing the Pumpkin House Mystree too. 189 trees??? I'm not sure I have the patience to get that far. I'm already sick and tired of crafting the Sunshine Buckets, no one even posts the Rainbow Butterflies any more, so I have to keep using Bushel Swap to get them. And the whole farm is just dedicated to planting Pixie Mushrooms and White Squills. I'm pretty darn sick of making these so I really wish there was a limit to the randomness.