Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lots of blank posts again

musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby EnthusiastRegistered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
edited August 2014 in Bug Reporting
Me too. It's getting old not being able to get my stuff.

Comments

• vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    I started having this problem again starting last night and today it's no better. I'd say about 20% of my posts are blank. The last time this happened, (a few weeks ago), I could see the posting box was blank and if the item was a request I could simply reload and ask again. This time the posting box appears normal when I click Share, but the post shows up blank on the feed.
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited August 2014
    A neighbor even has a blank post that she had entered text into.
  • garycontragarycontra This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 73 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited August 2014
    Cannot see and receive neighbors news feed posts
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 339
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. So far this seems limited to the Hill Castle parts requests. When posting to the feed, all that appears is my name, avatar, and the options to "Like", "Comment", or "Share"; nothing more. Same thing is happening when one of my neighbor posts her Hill Castle requests to the feed.
  • musicalcatmusicalcat Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 379 Social Snowflake
    edited August 2014
    It's not just Hill Castle requests; it's everything! Trees, blooms, butterflies, etc.
  • Farm_Farm_ Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 487 Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited August 2014
    crazy.jpg

Ok see the circled post. That is what I get sometimes. I posted that animal that wonders on the farm sometimes. How in the heck am I supposed to get people to click on that. I don't want them to share it. I want them to help. If it doesn't post then it needs to be fixed. And it ain't just that post. There are OTHERS!!
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited August 2014
    How many folks are experiencing "Blank Shares" where you share something out yet Facebook/Zynga doesn't show what it is that you are sharing?

(See Below)

ShareFailure-BlankShare_zps5f1c7e28.jpg
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    I see lots of them on my feed.
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    Hello Farmer Clyde and Sandy7226,

I also notice this blank feed issue on my wall and as per checking, this seems to be a Known Issue at the moment. The Studio has identified that some posts show as blank when published to Facebook and players are unable to claim items or help each other because of this.

Click the Fix It button on this ARTICLE to let us know that your account is affected. Our team is working on it so hang in there my fellow farmers! ;)
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited August 2014
    Hello Farmer Clyde and Sandy7226,

I also notice this blank feed issue on my wall and as per checking, this seems to be a Known Issue at the moment. The Studio has identified that some posts show as blank when published to Facebook and players are unable to claim items or help each other because of this.

Click the Fix It button on this ARTICLE to let us know that your account is affected. Our team is working on it so hang in there my fellow farmers! ;)
    Thanks for the link as I'm sure my "neighbors" will appreciate it.

I tried "slowly" sharing items to no avail. By this, I mean, I'd harvest an animal pen, whait for the share popup, click share, then wait for the FaceBook popup and then click share.

All to no avail. The first two were blank.

Now, since they are into fixing stuff, how about fixing my Money Plant which was released on May 21st and is supposed to be good for a year yet somehow has managed to "expire" itself??
  • Chocolate HeartChocolate Heart Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,206 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    Hello Farmer Clyde,

You're welcome. My pleasure to help. :) Could you please send me your Facebook uid through a private message so I can ask our team to check this out? Please don't forget to include in your subject line Money Tree Expired. For steps on how to get your uid, click
    HERE. Thanks a lot!
  • vittoria2711vittoria2711 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 2,048 Lord of the Forums
    edited August 2014
    White box problem STILL not fixed. So far I lost a Turbo, Egg, Gold Bunny Egg and my Vote post...thanks for doing nothing to fix this so far.

(The Share boxes appear normal, with the expected pictures and everything when I click to Share an item, but they are posting as blank posts.)
    edited August 2014
    Hello Farmers,

Our team is still looking into this. Click the
    FIX IT button on this article to inform our team that your account is affected. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for your patience. :)
  • JB ConceptsJB Concepts Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 99
    edited August 2014
    Farm_ wrote: »
    crazy.jpg

Ok see the circled post. That is what I get sometimes. I posted that animal that wonders on the farm sometimes. How in the heck am I supposed to get people to click on that. I don't want them to share it. I want them to help. If it doesn't post then it needs to be fixed. And it ain't just that post. There are OTHERS!!

I'm getting the exact same thing - blank posts... Sometimes it takes, some times it doesn't - I never know UNTIL I go to the Newsfeed and see a lot of blanks...
    edited August 2014
    Hi JB Concepts,

Thank you for sending us a screen shot. Hope you also click the Fix Button on the article I posted above to let our team know that your account is affected too. We truly appreciate your patience! :)
    edited August 2014
    I hope it's ok to post this here, but Dirt Farmer has a workaround (the second one is what we need in this case). It's kind of annoying, but you can do it for the posts you really want to make sure get through. I went ahead and downloaded the app after losing a vote post last night:
    http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2014/08/blank-posts-driving-you-mad-two.html
    edited August 2014
    Now, getting neighbors to actually vote is another issue entirely...
  • Claudia FuquaClaudia Fuqua Cupcake Princesses Registered User Posts: 159
    edited August 2014
    Blank posts are getting worse .... Instead of one or two a day, I'm getting one or two an hour ... Cannot keep playing this way ... Is there a fix in progress ...???

Windows 7
    Google Chrome
  • smousesmouse Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 125 The Pesky Helper
    edited August 2014
    I am stuck on the new quest because my reqest didnt post
    edited August 2014
    The situation is much worse than it was. I am now losing close to 50% of what I post to these white boxes. I have clicked that Band Aid thing already, but that's not getting me my vote, countdown and other posts that need clicks. The vote thing...not even clicking for neighbors helps. I had to buy the last one with FV cash. (Maybe that's the idea.) This is a good way to walk away from the game entirely. I don't want to click Share and then have to go check to see just what posted each time. Sure, this is probably a facebook issue, but this game is so dependent on facebook. Why create more and more items that require people to click when it all depends on the reliability of 3rd party where there is no control?

Just lost the vote post and the Street Vendor thing...both of which I have to wait another 6 hours. How is anyone supposed to play this way, and why is this only certain accounts doing this?
    edited August 2014
    Vittoria, try Dirt Farmer's workaround (for important posts at least) until this is fixed. It's annoying but quite easy:
  • Rebecca2Rebecca2 Gabby Enthusiast Registered User Posts: 193 Fisher
    edited August 2014
    I found another way to get my gifts on my ipad mini evn though the help does not work on the express
  • MayallMayall Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 31
    edited August 2014
    At least half the posts I made today ending up being blank. This game is going to **** in a hand basket, so many errors and bugs now it is almost UNPLAYABLE!!!
  • CullenGirl09CullenGirl09 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 529
    edited August 2014
    a month later and still no fix...guess nobody at Zynga cares about this error...guess I'll be cancelling my VIP membership if this is how they treat their paying customers...:mad:
    edited August 2014
    I've been copying the urls using their Click Trap Remover extension, when I remember to do it before I Share.
  • GoldendreamerGoldendreamer Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 16 Building Expert
    edited August 2014
    :mad: This has been going on long enough. It's not even mentioned in the known issues, yet I know they know there is a problem. I even clicked on the bandaid to fix it. FIX IT already.
    edited August 2014
    musicalcat wrote: »
    Vittoria, try Dirt Farmer's workaround (for important posts at least) until this is fixed. It's annoying but quite easy:
    404 Not Found
    We're sorry but we could not find the page you are looking for.
    This may happen if you have entered site url incorrectly or this page doesn't exist anymore.

You can try searching page again or go back to home
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    ok now this is happening. what are you doing? now i cannot even post. i give up!!
    http://www.doilybox.com/error.jpg
    error.jpg

why dont they just shut the game down until they fix all the problems. it's painfully stressful to play now. i am going to play something else for awhile. i cannot play this.
  • janewayfanjanewayfan Unstained Chieftain Registered User Posts: 245
    edited August 2014
    musicalcat wrote: »

Just got it, watched the video, followed the instructions exactly, does not work.

Fix it already, Zynga, the game is unplayable like that and the few active neighbors I still have (and good neighbors might I add), are dropping out of the game like flies. In the last week alone 3 of my best most helpful neighbors quit playing. I have greatly reduced playing time, with all the other stuff going on, pop ups, all the building stuff etc., this is the last straw. Fix it already !!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file