Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding Stables and the Leveling Process

Comments

• PaganiZondaPaganiZonda The Boss Registered User Posts: 1,194 Assassin
    edited June 2014
    Sandy/Clyde: I will be testing out the Cremello Stallion setup very soon. We'll all have to probably do multiple rounds of stable stuffing spanning over a few days or even a full week to confirm that no foals are produced. The stable reward is inherently probabilistic, which complicates this process.

But in the event we find the Cremellos for sure don't produce foals -- it will be monumental because this allows us to eliminate one prize category and increase the chances of getting the Stallion Bonus. Also the reason I mentioned regular Brown Horses is because some of the newer players may not have enough coconuts (and coins) to buy an ample number of Cremellos or other cool horses that are necessary for filling up the stable AND stuffing it too.

PS: Sandy, what is your level? I know you mentioned it somewhere... but I forgot.
  • benniganbennigan Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 587 Goldsmith
    edited June 2014
    I've used nothing but cremellos for the last four or five months and haven't gotten a single foal. I'd have to go back and look in the stables to see what kind of other single stallion is in them, but I'm sure it's one of the older ones that was cheap as I could get at the time.
    edited June 2014
    ^^ Okay, then it is confirmed. I'll edit the guide accordingly. Thanks Bennigan -- for your input and for your kind words in the previous posts :):)

Edit: Interesting
    Stable Breeding guide @ Dirt Farmer.
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Bennigan, thought I was for sure loosing my mind, it was you who turned me on to Cremellos. It really is a significant difference. 25% instead of 20% and over time that really adds up. I stuffed to get to 1 billion coin then stopped, I'm now at 4.7 billion so I have been stuffing a bit to round it up to 5 billion.

I am a mere level 2628, coin and/or level accumulation was never my goal. I did stuffing to produce foals and master horses, but with so many locked I don't bother any more. I find stable stuffing tedious ALMOST as tedious as the new Grooming Barn, but that's a different thread.

You know it is interesting to see what different things we all find tedious and boring.
    edited June 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    I find stable stuffing tedious ALMOST as tedious as the new Grooming Barn, but that's a different thread. You know it is interesting to see what different things we all find tedious and boring.

Sandy, some other threads are mocking and ridiculing Stable stuffers and what not... but reality is: after a certain point when you get enough coins via the Stallion Bonus -- you really do not have to stuff your stables per se. Even just 5 seed horses will give you enough coins for the day to go up a 1000+ levels easily.

Also, you are never tied to the computer or working on Zynga's timer of when things will be ready for harvesting, etc. You feel tired or bored... you stop... you are the boss. Unlike the Leaderboard quests where you have to keep coming back every 15 to minutes to feed the various tables. Thanks for reporting your level btw :)
  • MIB4MIB4 Pet Queen Registered User Posts: 959
    edited June 2014
    Agree with PZ completely. Whilst stable stuffing does get boring it is something that is completely at the users control and after a while the bonuses are easy to get for very little effort. Certainly a lot better than being dictated to by Zynga and their schedule :-)
  • Connie DeesConnie Dees Fisherman Registered User Posts: 149
    edited June 2014
    Okay- I am giving this a shot. I need a challenge. I was 500 a couple of weeks ago. 511 yesterday. 541 today. I could be much higher, but I worked really hard before I bought the double coin this week to reach a billion coins, I have a block in going beneath it. We will see. I need to make a spreadsheet to track, just for my own weird desire to track things.
  • Connie DeesConnie Dees Fisherman Registered User Posts: 149
    edited June 2014
    Just as a note, though, I do all quests, play LB, build most new things. It is my escape. I work from home and can usually drop in for 5 minutes every hour or so during business hours and then play at night more extensively. I tried to go for tree mastery, but that just numbs my mind and patience, moving trees between orchards. The stable moving doesn't bother me as much.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited June 2014
    I've used Cremellos and Dark Stallions almost exclusively the last few months or so, and have not gotten a single foal, like bennigan said. (He's just used the C's, I've also used some D's.)

** UPDATE!! **

I stuffed a White Stallion (the first one you make in the Arabian Stallions feature from Oasis Gardens) into the stable, which had 39 Cremellos in it ....

FV+2014-06-25+22%253B50+-+LHC+-+Cremello+Foal+%2528from+Stallions%2529.jpg

The paddocks was only highlighted because I had intended to put the White Stallion in one to generate a few foals for myself. Upon clicking out of the popup for the Cremello foal (to cancel taking it out of the stable), I looked inside the stable to find...

FV+2014-06-25+22%253B52+-+LHC+-+39+Cremello+%2526+1+White+%2528Arabian%2529+Stallion+in+Stable+%2528generated+C-Foal%2529.jpg

It looks like the Arabian "Stallions" actually produce foals. I got a Cremello probably because that's the bulk of what's in there.

So far it looks like the Nutcracker Stallion (which I posted in another thread a while back) and now the White (Arabian) Stallion are actually mares, according to the game coding. I wouldn't be surprised if the other Arabian Stallions are mares also. I just put a White Mane Stallion (the 2nd Arabian) in, and after 2 Cremello stuffings, out came another Cremello Foal. (Not posting screenshots of that one.)

I'm thinking it might be helpful for someone to make a list of all the "Stallions" that are actually girls...
    edited June 2014
    Okay- I am giving this a shot. I need a challenge. I was 500 a couple of weeks ago. 511 yesterday. 541 today. I could be much higher, but I worked really hard before I bought the double coin this week to reach a billion coins, I have a block in going beneath it. We will see. I need to make a spreadsheet to track, just for my own weird desire to track things.

Connie: I remember a time when I was below Level 1000... I too worked very hard to amass my coins via Belted Cows and by planting the 18-hour Forget-Me-Nots. But each day I would reinvest my every last penny into buying more cows or the 1 million coin mansions. At times, I would have to wait to harvest my crops or barns/pastures before I was able to perform mundane tasks such as plowing plots or buying goods for fuel. As soon as you hit Level 1000, your Stallion Bonus will be 1,000,000 (2,000,000 with the Double Coin statue) and you'll churn out millions of coins without even thinking about it. Soon you might have a block about going beneath a trillion coins :)

I'm thinking it might be helpful for someone to make a list of all the "Stallions" that are actually girls...

This one? http://www.farmvilledirt.com/2014/06/farmville-stallions-and-stable-breeding.html
  • TisherTisher Chocolatier Registered User Posts: 78 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited June 2014
    Hello my name is Tish and I am a closet leveler LOL

I just hit level 900 this morning. I started shortly after the original post came out about Cremello stallions and stables. I modestly batch insert about 185 stallions 4-5 times a week, earning me about 10 levels per session. It only takes me a time investment of about 30 minutes to harvest them all. I use all Cremello stallions because I don't really like getting foals.

I use the coconuts I generate on Hawaiian Paradise to buy Blue Whales. Since I have so many coconuts, buying blue whales also gives me a nice uptick on leveling. Aquariums are built accordingly, with all those extra SDB's I have. Daily, I harvest the aquariums to earn extra coins. I get about 10 million coins a day, just from the aquariums.

Currently, I am saving up the farmcash I earn from watching all those ads to purchase a double coin statue. 100 to go!

I'm modest in my efforts because honestly, I just don't want Farmville to eat up more of my day than it all ready does. Still, it's a fun process,even in the slowness of it all. I have to wonder what my neighbors think, as even the highest ones are about level 450.

Hey, it keeps me playing. I've mastered all the crops I can. I used to do tree mastery (currently 2574 mastered), but quit because I just couldn't justify spending all that real money on farm cash. I don't enjoy the quests any longer and there are just too many farms getting released for me to even care. But leveling? It's fun, even at my modest progression.

Farmville is all about making the game what you want :)
  • Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 8,716 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 2014
    Closet Leveler - I love it! Welcome Tisher.
  • pianoplayer88keypianoplayer88key The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 1,403 The Boss
    edited June 2014
    reading Tish's post about her neighbor's levels reminded me of my early days of FV, when I was primarily playing with real-life friends from my church congregation a few years ago. I hit level 70 (what was the maximum level then) before any of my friends did. (I think I passed them somewhere in the upper 30s or low 40s or so.)
    I remember using the soybean/delete trick a lot to level back in those days, when I didn't know anything better. (I even had figured out where to place my game on the screen to make it a little faster - this was before the days of the auto-delete tool; also was before I knew about the stable - maybe even before the stable was released(!) and before I knew about the pub trick I relatively recently stumbled on, which I'm not going to detail here.)
    edited June 2014
    Pub trick? What have I missed, or more likely forgotten. LOL
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited June 2014
    Sandy7226 wrote: »
    Pub trick? What have I missed, or more likely forgotten. LOL

Maybe pianoplayer is talking about the Crafting Cottage Level Up Trick (which has been discussed on the DF site)......
    edited June 2014
    Ahh, I was wondering too. I forgot about that trick completely as been so long since I did the crafting cottage. Methinks I need to go and do it now !!!

Thanks for the reminder. :-)
  • rrstarrrstar Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 89
    edited June 2014
    Tisher wrote: »
    Farmville is all about making the game what you want :)

Ahh, a farmer true to my heart!
  • GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 150
    edited June 2014
    GoldenDomer Update...hit LEVEL 9,000 tonight!
  • GoldenDomer93GoldenDomer93 Saint Spontaneous Registered User Posts: 150
    edited June 2014
    really want to be at level 100,000 by end of the year
    edited June 2014
    PZ, I missed your update. :)

I can understand levels better than that Pythagorean Theorem you guys were discussing last night..or whatever it was. I felt like you guys were code whispering. Of course I mean that in the most generic of terms. :)
    edited June 2014
    really want to be at level 100,000 by end of the year

You can make it GD93. I was level 44,000 after my third year and way into that third year I had no idea what I could do at that point…you're ahead of that pace I would think…at least in knowing how to get there…now it's just patience. I went from 44,000 to 36 million+ in six months. There's nothing special involved other than wanting to do it. Believe me, if there was anything more special, I'd be trying to capitalize it somewhere other than Farmville. You'll get there…you just have to want to, and you already seem to have that.
    edited June 2014
    Bennigan is spot on. It really takes nothing more than the desire to want to do it. Managed to go up 75k levels in a little over 3 weeks before I just got fed up with it so with your enthusiasm I think you will get to 100k before the autumn never mind the end of the year :-)
  • JellyZJellyZ Cream Corn Champion Registered User Posts: 1,043
    edited July 2014
    Ok I'm NOT a leveler.. but last nite I DREAMT that I was able to get a tremendous stallion bonus and very QUICKLY leveled up to level 400! I woke up thinking, man, this is soooooooo wrong! LOL!

Thought I'd share it with you guys...
  • marlene5889marlene5889 Guru of Mayhem Registered User Posts: 844 Forum Meister
    edited July 2014
    Jelly - stay off the wine before going to bed. Were you happy? Don't know why but whenever I dream, or shall I say whenever I remembered that I dreamt, it has some sort of meaning for me - good or rocky road ahead. Judging by my own thoughts if I dreamt that I would look at it as a good dream as whatever you did, you progressed and done so quickly. Promotion due at work?
  • Andrej OreAndrej Ore Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited July 2014
    I'm in "one million club", too
    00000001.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Last night around 9pm: Level 521. (Or may have been 522-524 or so, cause the screenshot I referenced was a few days old, and I'd done some other farming (but not stuffing) since then. After having run 53 Stallions through I was at Level 528 with 8.7 million coins.)

Stallions cycled overnight (in 3 sessions - I needed a break a couple times): 757
    Dark: 180
    Cremello: 571. (I sold 141 of them that had been spelling out a message on the farm, so I have 430 left on the farm. I also sold a bunch that had been in storage. I forget how many of those there were, but I think it was over 200 including the 141 that had been on the farm. It was quicker to store them then sell them in bulk - the delete tool insisted on popping up a confirmation every time I tried to use it even though I checked the box.)
    Others: 2 White, 1 Cream, 2 Rainbow, 1 Smitten.

This morning around 7:22am: Level 636. (I have about 2.4 million coins right now. Btw if at all possible, I'd like to hit Level 1000 exactly, and have 0 coins when I do so. :) )

During the night I passed the point where (with the double coin statue), my full stable and stallion bonus combined would give me a million coins. My Stallion bonus popup (which doesn't take into account the double coin statue) is now 404,596 coins.)

I doubt I'll take the time to cycle ALL my stallions next session, but if I do, is there a chance I may reach level 1k? :)
    I've sold about 181 XPs, 25-something to 27-something each of Farmhands and Arborists to empty those out of my giftbox. (I already had around 100-160 or so of each before today's session.) Maybe if I do another full cycle of 616 Stallions another day, I can see how many of those I get.

Cost to insta-grow the animals: 18 FC. (Didn't do it this time.)
    edited July 2014
    ^^ Based on very rough calculations, you'll need around 280 million coins to jump up 400 levels. You have 2.4 million. Assuming you don't increase your level, and you get the same probabilistic outcomes as before, you'll make another 156 million coins via cycling your Stallions. So it might take an additional round to generate enough coins to comfortably hit 1K. Happy stuffing :)
  • Smokey265Smokey265 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,849
    edited July 2014
    Andrej Ore wrote: »
    00000001.jpg

Congratulations! Now you've got to learn the secret club handshake and take the oath! LOL Great job! :)
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Registered User Posts: 544 Enthusiastic Expert
    edited July 2014
    00000001.jpg

Welcome to the Million Club :)
  • Farmer ClydeFarmer Clyde Grand Poohbah Registered User Posts: 914 On Fire
    edited July 2014
    00000001.jpg
    Congrats on your achievement!